Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice (1416 Views)

What Are The Requirements For Court Marriage At Ikoyi Registry / Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? / Should I Opt Out Or Stay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by jeo4u(m): 1:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
I have tried everything thing possible to pasuade my fiance's father into giving his daughter hand in marriage to me to no avail. I melt the lady some 9yrs ago and we fell deeply in love and along the way she got pregnant for me and that was when I got to know the parent for the first time and his reaction is that he can't give her to me in marriage. To cut the long story short, this issue have linger for long now and even the baby is now 3yrs+ and we have been cohabiting ever since. I love the lady and my baby so much and ever ready to pay the bride price but the dad won't let me. THE BONE OF CONTENTION IS THAT THE LADY IS A MUSLIM AND IAM A CHRISTIAN. Iam really confused right now. should I force her away (which I don't have the heart anyway because she have put so much into the relationship) or I should opt for legal union in court. is the second option achievable without the fathers consent and what are the consequences thereafter? pls advice.
forgot to mention that we are also from different tribe in Nigeria.
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
What is the woman's stand in this whole issue? Is she just keeping mute?

Don't kill yourself...Who says she cant be your "baby mama" till her father accepts you or till she starts talking.

You can't marry her if she doesn't consent to it..

You can keep on doing the thing from behind,maybe when una drop 5,the papa go gree lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by DonaldGenes(m): 1:21pm On Oct 08, 2014
I suggest you delegate an elder,maybe someone neutral to talk to the Dad Man to Man and see how things pans out.. Don't forget to pray about this ceaselessly
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by Lovetinz(m): 1:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
It depends entirely on your 'Wife'.
If she agrees to marriage without her Dad's consent, go for it.
(Court marriage needs only Two witnesses, not necessarily relations)

The consequence is that you must be prepared for a Cold War between you and her parents for an indeterminable time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by datguru: 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
Why will you get involve with a muslim in the first place ? Are you a true christian? Haven't you heard or didn't your pastor tell you, DO NOT BE EQUALLY YOKED WITH UNBELIEVERS AS YE BECOMETH CHRITIANS . Enjoy the price of disobedience bro, I wish I had some thing better to say

1 Like

Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2014
With 9 years under your belt and a 3 years old child, you still consider yourself Single??
Dude, do the court thingy already!!

@the poster above me, get over yourself joor undecided
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 08, 2014
Strange after 9 years of cohabitation and a kid the father is still kicking against the union.
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by Jakeattah(m): 1:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
bestestgirl:
With 9 years under your belt and a 3 years old child, you still consider yourself Single??
Dude, do the court thingy already!!

@the poster above me, get over yourself joor undecided

Hard truth grin
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by Jakeattah(m): 1:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
andromida:
Strange after 9 years of cohabitation and a kid the father is still kicking against the union.

I guess he's got other plans
Or maybe he has his reasons
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
Jakeattah:

Any plans he has is now late. The reason is she is a Muslim and he is a Christian. I don't know how the girl is watching her life being controlled by a father and a man she is living with she seems absent here. I am all for respecting parents but she has crossed that boundary by having a kid for him and cohabiting with him. They didn't need her fathers blessing then how come they need it now.
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by Jakeattah(m): 1:57pm On Oct 08, 2014
andromida:

Any plans he has is now late. The reason is she is a Muslim and he is a Christian. I don't know how the girl is watching her life being controlled by a father and a man she is living with she seems absent here. I am all for respecting parents but she has crossed that boundary by having a kid for him and cohabiting with him. They didn't need her fathers blessing then how come they need it now.

You have a point there....

The only option is going on with the court wedding

And hope for the best
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by MisterLongman(m): 1:58pm On Oct 08, 2014
Jakeattah:

His reasons are obvious....
Ethnicity and religion
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by Jakeattah(m): 2:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
MisterLongman:
His reasons are obvious....
Ethnicity and religion

But its too late for that

They should just find a way to make it work
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by MisterLongman(m): 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2014
Jakeattah:

But its too late for that

They should just find a way to make it work
Its useless.......
The man get stronghead pass stonecold
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by Jakeattah(m): 2:14pm On Oct 08, 2014
MisterLongman:

Its useless.......
The man get stronghead pass stonecold
Lol cheesy
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by ERCROSS(m): 2:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
datguru:
Why will you get involve with a muslim in the first place ? Are you a true christian? Haven't you heard or didn't your pastor tell you, DO NOT BE EQUALLY YOKED WITH UNBELIEVERS AS YE BECOMETH CHRITIANS . Enjoy the price of disobedience bro, I wish I had some thing better to say
Shhhhh...!!!
Mr preacher..
U v been missing series of doctors appointment recently.
U need to go for a check-up.
The likes of u will form a group of Christian jihadist...
Stop being a fanatic.
It's not good for ur health..
kiss
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by Nastydroid(m): 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2014
Odilafta:

Don't kill yourself...Who says she cant be your "baby mama" till her father accepts you or till she starts talking.

You can keep on doing the thing from behind,maybe when una drop 5,the papa go gree lipsrsealed
grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by fm7070: 5:41pm On Oct 08, 2014
Why are you troubling yourself? Impregnate her again, by the time you have 4 children from her, they will be the one begging you to come and pay her brideprice
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by jeo4u(m): 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2014
DonaldGenes:
I suggest you delegate an elder,maybe someone neutral to talk to the Dad Man to Man and see how things pans out.. Don't forget to pray about this ceaselessly
That I have done severally. Even a neutral person from their tribe but he didn't give in. even the lady have also tried all the trick she could but not working. As a matter of fact I MELT HER AS A CONVERTED XTAIN. BUT she was afraid to let her parent know of her newly found faith at the time. Her mum is in full support of the union though but it seems that women have little say over their children in the tribe.
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by jeo4u(m): 7:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
Odilafta:

Sincerely she have tried a lot. she have suffered so much that her dad should have reconsider his stance but all to deaf ear. the only friend she have in the family now is her mum.
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
Take her to court. And wed her sharply. Even bible respect court weddin. Becus it is beign instituted by d government. So go head do d court weddin. So dat u can hv legal right incase of civil war wit d family
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by jeo4u(m): 7:51pm On Oct 08, 2014
andromida:
Not 9yrs. we started cohabiting when she got pregnant (I.e like 4yrs ago)
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2014
Is only in dis part of d world we all parents to dictate our choice of marriage. Tell us wen, how and who to marry. But most times parents are nt rite. So my candid advise is take her to d registery and marry her. Dats is the best tin to do.
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
Jst tink abt ur child. Wen he/she grows up and ask u. Why u and d mother did no get marry. Wht reason would u give to her.. Will u start tellin her dat jst becus of d wish of d mom dad u refuse to marry d mum. Hw do u tink he/she would feel.
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by Dygeasy(m): 8:24pm On Oct 08, 2014
datguru:
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by jeo4u(m): 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
Climaths:
Jst tink abt ur child. Wen he/she grows up and ask u. Why u and d mother did no get marry. Wht reason would u give to her.. Will u start tellin her dat jst becus of d wish of d mom dad u refuse to marry d mum. Hw do u tink he/she would feel.
hmmm! My baby is always at the center of every thought. I don't want to spoil her joy of growing with both parent.
Re: Should I Opt Out Of The Relatship Or Go For Court Wedding? Pls Advice by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2014
Dats why u need to take dat bold step to protect d joy of ur duaghter. Since ur wife to be. Is a christian , her consent is all u need. Go for a court weddin , and maybe lata wen d dad is dead or hv reliquish is decision, u go and pay her bride price.

(1) (Reply)

She Is In Love With Me Because Of Knowledge In Mathematics / 14 Differences Between The Girl You Date And The Woman You Marry / Once Again My Apologises!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.