Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? (4455 Views)

She Calls So Many Names When Ever We Start Having Sex / Why Must Guys Have Sex With Girls Before They Marry Them? / If you had to marry another tribe/ethnicity apart from your own which wud it be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by onila(f): 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2014
I have never met women so docile and loyal like calabar women

when a calabar woman marries from another tribe
she not only changes her last name to her husbands last name
but she also changes her first name also to a name from her husbands tribe

the ex governor of Bayelsa Timipre Sylvia wife is from calabar,she changed her name to "Alayigi" Sylvia

[img]http://2.bp..com/-OczZBLmzNd4/Tm0tSDJ4ZlI/AAAAAAAAAD8/BlOW7uL0crQ/s1600/7.jpg[/img]

the king of nembe wife, the daughter of the late obong of calabar changed her name to "Pelebo" a nembe name

Chief Ebitim Banigo and wife, Pelebo

[img]http://1.bp..com/-nq22tcaY7_0/Uuu-JEyNkFI/AAAAAAAABZw/MZiQwUeqPSo/s1600/8+copy.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by Mavor: 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2014
Calabar women are most probably the best to marry in Nigeria. So says a non-Calabar person.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by adonbilivit: 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2014
she just wants to let her husband know she will be loyal to him. as lovers of dog, she also wants to prove she would no longer be a female DOG. u no say dem dey Bleep like dog
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2014
Thats hardcore loyalty, many men would love that. they should however be prepared to share her with other men grin you cant have it all guys!

me i like my name o, his surname is enough for me
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by onila(f): 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
Its nice thing to do

but I will never do it grin

changing my last name is enough
I love my native first name

1 Like

Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by ERCROSS(m): 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
I never knw u notice too...
Onila
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by onila(f): 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2014
ERCROSS:
I never knw u notice too...
Onila
sharrap tongue
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by ERCROSS(m): 4:16pm On Oct 08, 2014
onila:
sharrap tongue
Biatch
... undecided
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by onila(f): 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
firstEVA:
Thats hardcore loyalty, many men would love that. they should however be prepared to share her with other men grin you cant have it all guys!

me i like my name o, his surname is enough for me

I hrd the faithful calabar women are really faithful

but however igbo women are the most loyal, puss.y wise in Nigeria

igbo woman never cheats

1 Like

Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by Gboliwe: 4:18pm On Oct 08, 2014
I think its their culture. I say this because even women from other tribes married to them pick a name from them and most times its the new name that they are known by.
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by onila(f): 4:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
ERCROSS:

Biatch
... undecided
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by lepasharon(f): 4:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
Really? I didnt know this
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by Tallesty1(m): 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
onila:
Its nice thing to do

but I will never do it grin

changing my last name is enough
I love my native first name
More Than Enough.

Maybe their names are hard to pronounce.

Who knows............
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by Dymondgurl(f): 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2014
Its not a general norm among calabar women. Besides, Ibori, the ex-governor of delta state is married to a calabar woman and her name remained d same, "Nkoyo" Ibori. The governor of akwa ibom state, Godwill Akpabio married an ibo woman who changed her name to an akwa ibom name, Ekaette or there about. So its an individual thing.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
evulz
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

onila:
sharrap tongue
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by ERCROSS(m): 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by onila(f): 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2014
ERCROSS:

tongue.
rude boi cry
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by onila(f): 4:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
adonbilivit:
she just wants to let her husband know she will be loyal to him. as lovers of dog, she also wants to prove she would no longer be a female DOG. u no say dem dey Bleep like dog
grin

yr so wrong
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by ERCROSS(m): 5:06pm On Oct 08, 2014
onila:
rude boi cry
Impolite girl..
kiss
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by onila(f): 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2014
ERCROSS:

Impolite girl..
kiss
i was just playing sad
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by pastoraaaaaa: 5:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by nationwide1(m): 5:35pm On Oct 08, 2014
Dymondgurl:
Its not a general norm among calabar women. Besides, Ibori, the ex-governor of delta state is married to a calabar woman and her name remained d same, "Nkoyo" Ibori. The governor of akwa ibom state, Godwill Akpabio married an ibo woman who changed her name to an akwa ibom name, Ekaette or there about. So its an individual thing.
. We'll said. Op should do a better research.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by ERCROSS(m): 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
onila:
i was just playing sad
Me too... embarassed
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:24pm On Oct 08, 2014
Marrying outside your tribe is a sin.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by stinggy(m): 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2014
PAGAN9JA:
Beht why sir?
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by dBard: 9:11pm On Oct 08, 2014
onila:

igbo woman never cheats

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllll
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by onila(f): 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2014
dBard:

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllll
undecided
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by onitshaigbo(m): 10:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Only if you are Jewish like the Igbos.
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by dBard: 3:32am On Oct 09, 2014
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:17pm On Oct 09, 2014
stinggy:

Beht why sir?

depends on hw far u marry outside your tribe. same ethnicity is ok.
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by Charlesberry(m): 4:49pm On Oct 09, 2014
onila:

igbo woman never cheats

Ehn igbo wetin never cheats? Lol broz I knw dem plenty for calabar oh but mehn you're damn wrong
Re: Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
Some don't change it , afo aba ke ntor nte aba adiongor afed mkpor ke idong nyin ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bank Transfer, Alibaba Tools, Scam Page, Carding Tools, Wu Transfer Paypal..more / Reviewed!! Reasons Why Men Actually Love Their Women Fat! / Tag Someone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.