Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead (36664 Views)

Unknown Patient In National Hospital, Abuja (photo) / River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt / Treating America's First Ebola Patients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:50am On Oct 09, 2014
abatically:

It is still not 100% effective so it is not right to say they have the drug. The most important thing is intensive care in a well equipped hopsital. If u administer the drug to an ebola patient and leave him unattended to, he will still die. Anyway since Nigeria is also free from the virus, will u also say Nigeria has the drug for Ebola? The answer is no.
It does not change the fact that the drug is a potent cure. There is no treatment that is 100% effective. Even anti malaria drug.

It is a potent cure and the Americans are ready to keep it secret. The fact is that there cure is there, there are available samples but America would lie and watch people die.

Some times I wonder who is the true enemy of mankind.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by PapiWata: 10:57am On Oct 09, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
It does not change the fact that the drug (ZMAp),is a potent cure.

Joe you are right. At the present time the drug ZMap is the ONLY Ebola fever treatment that has been documented to have increased the odds of surviving the deadly illness from about 30%, to an astonishing 90%, PROVIDED THAT patients are dosed with ZMap within couple of days from the time symptoms first appear, or better still, from the time of infection, before clinical symptoms appear.

2 Likes

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by deboraha(f): 11:00am On Oct 09, 2014
Nairalanders and their "I must attack a contrary opinion syndrome".
Some one has a contrary opinion to the majority and is receiving massive attacks everywhere. Abegi.

Liberians should restrict their movements!
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 09, 2014
PapiWata:

It is indeed a fascinating study of human character, to recall the torrent of curses and invective directed by Nigerian writers in this forum, at the Liberian who first took Ebola to Nigeria, yet now, another bio-terrorist who did PRECISELY the same thing to the USA is pitied and spoken of in reverential tones by Nigerian writers here, as though it is fine for the USA to get infected by ANY means possible, yet SINFUL for Nigeria to suffer a similar fate.

Exactly my thoughts.

That's hypocrisy at its peak and its so disgusting.

1 Like

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 09, 2014
50calibre:

He's not mentally ill, matter of fact, he's the sanest person on this thread.

Human stup*idity is the greatest threat to civilisation

Well said
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Roon9(m): 11:19am On Oct 09, 2014
PapiWata:
Good riddance to a very nasty boi-terrorist. This selfish and reckless man, Thomas Eric Dickhead, was in PERFECT health living in his adopted home-land of America. Next thing you know this fool decides to VISIT Liberia, his country of origin, DESPITE the rampaging Ebola epidemic killing one thousand souls a month there. Trouble dey sleep hin own je-je, before yanga come go wake am.

In Liberia on his voluntary vacation at Ebola ground-zero, the naturalized American citizen cum-bio-terrorist KNOWINGLY assisted a very sick woman, making physical contact with her in the process, and thus contracting Ebola himself. Now hiding his self-imposed death sentence by Ebola infection, this horrid person LIED at the airport at the time of his return to the US, when asked if he had made contact with ANY sick person while in Liberia.

Obviously, the now now-dead Liberian bio-terrorist was an under-achiever as an immigrant to America, because he had no medical coverage, and likely expected FREE treatment for his Ebola illness, followed possibly by 15 minutes of world fame as he charged big money for press interviews. Well, all those dastardly plans came to nothing, and the bio-terrorist was simply allowed to die, with treatment deliberately and rightfully DENIED him, until he croaked like the worthless scum-bag that he is.

Mr. Thomas Eric Dumbfuck, I hope you are enjoying your eternity as a charcoal shovel-wielding slave amid the fiery pits of deepest hell. May your wicked soul rot forever there, and may your memory be erased from the minds of all decent people like a bad dream at the break of dawn. To all other Liberians hoping to run to America for FREE Ebola treatment, let the fate of your role model be a lesson, to show the world there is NO free lunch. Stay the hell IN Liberia, and stop trying to spread that nasty disease. Head to America with that chit, and you WILL be left to die like the free-loading sack of excrement that you are.
U just sat down and spew this vernom on someone witHout even hearing the other side of the story. You sound like you are so sure of what you are saying and like america belongs to your father! Nonsense! Goodluck with the breakout! That is assuming u are anyhwhere near America.....mtscheew!!
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by ArxHead(m): 11:28am On Oct 09, 2014
I'm not joining the arguement... simply readin on! But so far, no one has been able to match papiwata arguement with facts or grammar!

Please, fellas argue with facts or match his grammar abeg.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Roon9(m): 11:30am On Oct 09, 2014
PapiWata:

Are you kidding me ? You ARE joking, right ? Are you seriously asking why a person resident in America would not feel entitled to visit Liberia at the height of its Ebola epidemic ?

I'll tell you why in simple English so you can understand. He had NO business going to GROUND ZERO for Ebola deaths on planet Earth. No phucking reason. You hear me ? NONE !

The man was 100% SAFE in America, when he decided to tempt fate with a journey motivated by extreme stupidity and criminal contempt for his own family, and for the entire nation of America.

I piss on the grave of that bio-terrorist. May he burn in hell. Phuck him, and phuck YOU if you are such a die-hard devotee of that evil man.

ThiS boi is a low pant riding, black american wannabe... He probably has a fake accent and his trying so hard to make us all thinks his brain his bigger than the pin size it really iS. Modafucka! I do hope mr eric touched you before he demised... If he shud be in hell then your likes deserve a place worse than hell!

PS--- when u eventually get d disease, as I sincerely hope u do, don't come to Nigeria! Brainwashed babboon!
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by HopeAlive14(m): 11:36am On Oct 09, 2014
The man is dead and cannot defend himself whether he "LIED". Anyway, the mere fact that he returned from a country where Ebola Virus Disease is actively infecting people should be enough for the US health officials to critically look into his condition when he reported sick, rather than discharging him only to re-admit him two days later when his condition became worse.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Etianwanokon: 11:43am On Oct 09, 2014
The man did not just die. Americans must have injected him to death. I know them.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by abatically(m): 11:46am On Oct 09, 2014
Etianwanokon:
The man did not just die. Americans must have injected him to death. I know them.

And what makes u think Nigerians did not inject sawyer to death? Sawyer survived just a few days in Nigeria when other patients survived far longer days. Don't throw stones when u live in a glass house. The number of double standard fellows on nairaland is just too much.

1 Like

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by usj(m): 11:49am On Oct 09, 2014
PapiWata:
Good riddance to a very nasty boi-terrorist. This selfish and reckless man, Thomas Eric Dickhead, was in PERFECT health living in his adopted home-land of America. Next thing you know this fool decides to VISIT Liberia, his country of origin, DESPITE the rampaging Ebola epidemic killing one thousand souls a month there. Trouble dey sleep hin own je-je, before yanga come go wake am.

In Liberia on his voluntary vacation at Ebola ground-zero, the naturalized American citizen cum-bio-terrorist KNOWINGLY assisted a very sick woman, making physical contact with her in the process, and thus contracting Ebola himself. Now hiding his self-imposed death sentence by Ebola infection, this horrid person LIED at the airport at the time of his return to the US, when asked if he had made contact with ANY sick person while in Liberia.

Obviously, the now now-dead Liberian bio-terrorist was an under-achiever as an immigrant to America, because he had no medical coverage, and likely expected FREE treatment for his Ebola illness, followed possibly by 15 minutes of world fame as he charged big money for press interviews. Well, all those dastardly plans came to nothing, and the bio-terrorist was simply allowed to die, with treatment deliberately and rightfully DENIED him, until he croaked like the worthless scum-bag that he is.

Mr. Thomas Eric Dumbfuck, I hope you are enjoying your eternity as a charcoal shovel-wielding slave amid the fiery pits of deepest hell. May your wicked soul rot forever there, and may your memory be erased from the minds of all decent people like a bad dream at the break of dawn. To all other Liberians hoping to run to America for FREE Ebola treatment, let the fate of your role model be a lesson, to show the world there is NO free lunch. Stay the hell IN Liberia, and stop trying to spread that nasty disease. Head to America with that chit, and you WILL be left to die like the free-loading sack of excrement that you are.
Are you for real, I have never come across someone with so much hate words like you. What if..............
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by abatically(m): 11:49am On Oct 09, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
It does not change the fact that the drug is a potent cure. There is no treatment that is 100% effective. Even anti malaria drug.

It is a potent cure and the Americans are ready to keep it secret. The fact is that there cure is there, there are available samples but America would lie and watch people die.

Some times I wonder who is the true enemy of mankind.

The drug is still experimental. U haven't answered my question, is it safe to say Nigeria has the cure for Ebola since we were able to combat the virus with very minimal fatality. In that case should people from Liberia and sierra Leone start flooding the country looking for treatment?

1 Like

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by pablus: 11:57am On Oct 09, 2014
oh RIP.
but what's the position of the Liberian government (and West Africa as a whole) on all these Ebola news?
1. Have they put a plan in place to track down all the Ebola researchers?
2. What's the purpose of the Ebola bio-labs created there?
3. Who funded these?
4. How come infected white people seem to miraculously recover from Ebola and Liberians/Africans seem to die from it?
5. Did the affected governments willingly allow their lands to be used as bio-terror labs whereby the virus was tested on "West African genes"? Now, their citizens are stigmatized e.g. Liberians in the US are having a hard time right now....people try to avoid coming in close contact with them.

1 Like

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Roon9(m): 11:59am On Oct 09, 2014
Chei! I fEel sorry for blacks that thinks these white men ultimately have any good plans for them. Wata shame!

1 Like

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by PapiWata: 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2014
usj:
Are you for real, I have never come across someone with so much hate words like you. What if..............

There is a fine line between hate speech and righteous condemnation of criminal conduct.

Deliberately attempting to infect an entire continent, ANY continent, with an incurable disease, is a grave offence against humanity, and a contemptuous affront to common human decency.

If you expect everyone in this forum to join in the gleeful applause over the arrival of the Ebola virus in America, then just be advised that there do exist a couple of vocal dissenters who will NEVER follow the flock of sheep, unless they happen to be herding in the RIGHT direction.

2 Likes

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by ArxHead(m): 12:22pm On Oct 09, 2014
Please, fellas... let me say again! Argue the fact and not the person.

Like I said, papiwata is still leading with hiss argument.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2014
2legit2qwt:

I didn't know loony bin patients now have access to the internet undecided

i wonder o.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by debbleopto: 12:48pm On Oct 09, 2014
50calibre:

Shut up!! He's not mentally ill, matter of fact, he's the sanest person on this thread.

I see you're an outspoken sympathiser of bio-terrorists, or maybe you're just too dumb to understand the very catastrophic ramifications of this man's act of sheer stupi*dity.

The US treated him with dignity, left to me, he should have been shot dead immediately he was discovered to be carrying Ebola.

Human stup*idity is the greatest threat to civilisation

The surprising thing about these hypocrite is the sudden u-turn. some weeks ago when their president ebele (ebola to nigeria progress) jonathan called patrick sawyer a mad man, all of them chorusly supported jonathan aversion. any one having contrary view is termed opposition or Apc. If this dick had branched in lagos instead of heading straight to America, they would curse him more than papiwata.

3 Likes

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Lilimax(f): 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2014
2legit2qwt:

I didn't know loony bin patients now have access to the internet undecided
Honestly that guy suck sad
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by debbleopto: 12:58pm On Oct 09, 2014
abatically:

And what makes u think Nigerians did not inject sawyer to death? Sawyer survived just a few days in Nigeria when other patients survived far longer days. Don't throw stones when u live in a glass house. The number of double standard fellows on nairaland is just too much.

If you are looking for people with high grade duality, you will with 100% find it among jonathanians and TANiods and their names are usually difficult to pronounce. sometimes similar to names of viruses.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:04pm On Oct 09, 2014
abatically:

The drug is still experimental. U haven't answered my question, is it safe to say Nigeria has the cure for Ebola since we were able to combat the virus with very minimal fatality. In that case should people from Liberia and sierra Leone start flooding the country looking for treatment?
There is a difference between someone exposed to the Ebola virus and someone who has Ebola Virus disease.

Most Nigerian cases were exposures. Most with EVD died. ZMapp is the most potent cure to EVD. It has a 100% effective cure for all who were administered the drug early.

Mr Duncan was denied the drug totally. The tale of the drug being unavailable is a lie. It is unavailable to Africans, not Americans and Europeans.

Nigeria has no effective treat,went for EVD.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 09, 2014
PapiWata:

Turn yourself in, you escapee from the funny farm. Your punishment will be a few more bouts of electro-shock therapy lasting no more than just a week this time, provided that you pledge never to try and flee protective custody again.
I never do believe that monkey can read and write, not when i came across this creature. cry
PapiWata:

Turn yourself in, you escapee from the funny farm. Your punishment will be a few more bouts of electro-shock therapy lasting no more than just a week this time, provided that you pledge never to try and flee protective custody again.
I never do believe that monkey can read and write, not when i came across this creature.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by roufy235(m): 1:07pm On Oct 09, 2014
hmm
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by abatically(m): 1:18pm On Oct 09, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
There is a difference between someone exposed to the Ebola virus and someone who has Ebola Virus disease.

Most Nigerian cases were exposures. Most with EVD died. ZMapp is the most potent cure to EVD. It has a 100% effective cure for all who were administered the drug early.

Mr Duncan was denied the drug totally. The tale of the drug being unavailable is a lie. It is unavailable to Africans, not Americans and Europeans.

Nigeria has no effective treat,went for EVD.

And how did u know this, were u there? Or this is just another conspiracy theory.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
debbleopto:

The surprising thing about these hypocrite is the sudden u-turn. some weeks ago when their president ebele (ebola to nigeria progress) jonathan called patrick sawyer a mad man, all of them chorusly supported jonathan aversion. any one having contrary view is termed opposition or Apc. If this dick had branched in lagos instead of heading straight to America, they would curse him more than papiwata.

That is y the country is the way it is.

Nigeria needs to be liberated from Nigerians.
The level of hypocrisy by its citizens is just so amazing.

1 Like

Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2014
abatically:

And how did u know this, were u there? Or this is just another conspiracy theory.
"It's a general rule in medicine that the earlier you start therapy in a sick person who needs the therapy, the better the response," said Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute for Allergies and Infectious Diseases, when asked about the impact of the wait for the drug.
Weeks said he and his family had to "pressure" the hospital to apply for permission to give the drug, brincidofovir, to Duncan.
"They were treating him with oxygen, water and a bed to lay on," he said.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/07/health/ebola-us-drug/

Note the drug was not ZMapp.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 09, 2014
4 Americans got infected by Ebola

2 whites and 2 blaclks

The 2 whites survived, the 2 black died.

That ZMap drug must be a rasist or .............................

Fill in the blank space
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by NoContract(m): 2:00pm On Oct 09, 2014
PapiWata:

It gives me great pleasure to note that all you folks who HATED the arrival of Ebola in Nigeria, and who turned around to CELEBRATE the infection of America with the same deadly plague, are now hopping mad to have that cynical double-standard exposed to the light of day.

Once again, phuck you, and the horse you rode in on, royally. If you have the bawls, seek me out for a gun fight, as nothing would give me greater pleasure than to light you up good.

You're welcome, dolt.
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
@ least d public bad eye don dey comot naija body for now, make Liberia sef enjoy am small...hehehehe grin
Re: The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead by UnknownT: 2:40pm On Oct 09, 2014
blemon44:
So sad

May his gentle soul rest in peace
.how did you know that his was a gentle soul?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soldiers Rescue Woman From Committing Suicide In Lagos Lagoon / 8 Ways To Avoid Breast Sagging - Jumia Travel / COVID-19: Our Self-isolation Policy Has Failed – Osagie Ehanire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.