Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) (1732 Views)

Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? / I Need Ur Help Ooooo. Only Mature Minds Pls. U Just Have To Read This. / Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by Richardjemedafe(m): 9:44am On Oct 09, 2014
please help me post this to front page.....Can age be a barrier in a relationship?...
for instance a 22yrs old girl getting married to a
32yrs old guy....Is anything wrong with
that?...matured minds please...thanks
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by yorex2011: 9:46am On Oct 09, 2014
There's nothing wrong in that...
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by Richardjemedafe(m): 9:51am On Oct 09, 2014
yorex2011:
sure
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by yorex2011: 9:51am On Oct 09, 2014
Richardjemedafe:
sure

Yes..
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by amakufrancis(m): 9:52am On Oct 09, 2014
yorex2011:
There's something wrong with that.
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by priscaoge(f): 9:53am On Oct 09, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 09, 2014
hmm, its okay.. but when its too much, its not. for example 26 and 57.. now that is a big NO, no matter the gender! there will be tension in the relationship, and you might not get to enjoy it. its advisable to start a relationship with someone in the same condition with u, but sometimes loves makes us do otherwise, which is still OK smiley ....that's if its really true love o! wink

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 09, 2014
No
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by Ahmadjr(m): 10:10am On Oct 09, 2014
jic
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 09, 2014
I think I've answered similar questions before...Age can be a barrier mainly because of the mentality in this part of the world where its usually believed that the male counterpart must be older than the female counterpart. Age is not really a big deal in the western world and many countries in asia but since this is africa, u just have to play by the so called rules to avoid being seen as taboo or something.
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by olayincar(m): 10:14am On Oct 09, 2014
Guy 32 N girl 22 itz okay

Even ma broda tell me about a family. d man(doctor) was 45
And his wife was 23
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 09, 2014
Na wetin u need fp 4 be dis
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by 1one: 10:22am On Oct 09, 2014
22/32.....hmmm

Personally I wouldnt do it because it's a tad dicy.. You know how you're supposed to be free with your girl,and she's also supposed to be free with you... you tease and joke and diss and "play fully insult " each other....There may be times where she would tease about something and I may end up taking it as a direct insult all because I don't see something like that coming from someone I'm a decade older than... I'm a liberal person to a large extent.. but there may be times when I may be annoyed by her playfully tinged show of disrespect... Infact I was talking to a female friend who's "only" three years older than I am...we were having a kinda argument and I said "What's wrong with you"...You wouldn't belive that she took it as an INSULT undecided. I know this may not really apply to this situation, but it still reflects the base line of misconstrued disrespect between an older and a younger person.

So I think it's just better to avoid such wide age-gap relationships

There's also the issue of immaturity.

For sure maturity is never always a function of age but this varies from person to person, some girls don't get mentally and psychologically mature till 25 or even 27,while some get matured are early as even 17...So it varies.

More so at 22,what are her priorities, her goals ,her dreams,do they fit into yours in the larger scheme of things.

Ultimately though for me,...I wouldn't date a girl I'm 10 years older than...both for her own good and mine.

1 Like

Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by texbaba1: 10:29am On Oct 09, 2014
there is absolutely nothing wrong in it. The man only needs to be more patient with her due to her age and relationship with other guys of her age bracket, which may be abit annoying and irritating to d man sometimes but PATIENCE is the key. On the part of the lady, she needs to mature and understand faster...if she is rily ready for the marriage. The man needs to guide her, and she should be willing to follow his guidance. But in all, her love needs to be stronger, cos that is what will likely see them thru...if his own love is stronger, ther will b problem. for the man, dont be too hard on her, else she will feel u ar stiffling her nd depriving her freedom. so, guide nd advice her then free her...when eva u think she is abt to go astray, call her to order. but once she knws nd understands u better, she will not go astray...atleast not delibrately. be open, kind nd generous to her...garnish dat with great loving, encourage her to speak her mind nd be open to u without u been too offended.
Goodluck!
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by Pervert1(m): 10:31am On Oct 09, 2014
Nothing at all.
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by jaeyoh(m): 10:52am On Oct 09, 2014
Nothing wrong once there is love...........
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by vicmec(m): 11:12am On Oct 09, 2014
there's nothing wrong with that. But the older must learn to adapt because the understanding of a 32yr old and 22yr old can not be matched. so you will have to learn to see things from her age perspective and sometimes areas of interest varies lipsrsealed grin
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by starlingbawa(m): 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2014
amakufrancis:
There's something wrong with that.

Please enlighten me some more on why you think it's wrong?
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by starlingbawa(m): 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2014
jaeyoh:
Nothing wrong once there is love...........

I go with this!
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by starlingbawa(m): 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2014
texbaba1:
there is absolutely nothing wrong in it. The man only needs to be more patient with her due to her age and relationship with other guys of her age bracket, which may be abit annoying and irritating to d man sometimes but PATIENCE is the key. On the part of the lady, she needs to mature and understand faster...if she is rily ready for the marriage. The man needs to guide her, and she should be willing to follow his guidance. But in all, her love needs to be stronger, cos that is what will likely see them thru...if his own love is stronger, ther will b problem. for the man, dont be too hard on her, else she will feel u ar stiffling her nd depriving her freedom. so, guide nd advice her then free her...when eva u think she is abt to go astray, call her to order. but once she knws nd understands u better, she will not go astray...atleast not delibrately. be open, kind nd generous to her...garnish dat with great loving, encourage her to speak her mind nd be open to u without u been too offended.
Goodluck!

True talk!!!
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by mistuurfabulous(m): 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2014
Depends on the people in d relationship...
Re: Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) by Arsenate(m): 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
nothing really wrong except the ladies keep shifting the goal post
a girl of 18-19 will tell a boy of the same age she's too matured for him and can only date dudes in their twenties....10 years later same girl will tell you age is just a number
Women; eating their cakes and having them since 1900..lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Does Abs Or Six Packs Beautifies A Guy? / How To Last Longer In Bed / 11 Things Men Should Know About Women Who Don’t Drink Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.