Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,085 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. (11488 Views)

Kogi Is The Only State In Nigeria Neighboring 10 States (photo Map) / Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria / Anambra Set To Embrace Mechanized Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:58am On Oct 09, 2014
The Anambra State government said it had commenced massive multi-media campaign on environmental protection and cleanliness in the state.

The state’s Commissioner for Information, Chief Tony Onyima, made this known in Onitsha, that the campaign was to check filth and soil degradation in the state.

Onyima said the campaign strategy was future-based and meant to give a holistic protection to the environment.

He added that the government had already mounted five solar back-lit billboards in Awka to advertise to the people to help enhance the environment.

The commissioner said that the same number of billboards would be erected in Nnewi and Onitsha to sensitise the people there too.

He noted that all radio and television houses in the state, whether government-owned or privately-owned, would also be involved in the campaign.

He said that the government would be meeting with market union leaders to find a lasting solution to waste disposal and possible waste recycling.

“Governor Willie Obiano is out to tackle the negative attitude that had led to our people not paying attention to both man-made and nature-made issues negatively affecting the environment.

“What we want to achieve is for the people to take ownership and direct control of everything that concern their immediate environment and to stop environment degrading practices.

“We also want to stop indiscipline such as indiscriminate dumping of refuse; throwing of refuse from a moving vehicle and consuming edibles like fruits without taking care of the peel and shells.

“Also, pouring repugnant substances into the drains without acknowledging its harmful effect on other people must be addressed squarely,’’ he said.

Onyima added that residents of the state would be encouraged to plant trees around their homes and neighbourhoods.

He stressed the need to check unnecessary and indiscriminate cutting of trees since erosion was a problem in the state.

He said the state government had rehabilitated the sanitary inspection division of its Ministry of Health at state and local government levels to sanction people and households who commit environmental offences.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2014
Akpokuedike is shooting from all cylinders.
The Don is working all sectors,simultaneously.
And very soon Omanbala will become the most civilized,safest and investors haven.
I particularly like the way he is engaging the ordinary man and making them understand that development is the job of not only the government but the masses.
He is gradually educating the people and with time people will fight to live in my beloved Omanbala.

Omanbala akwulubago....Obele oge oya adi mma....Iseeee!

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by oneeast2: 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2014
Anambra adigo mma..the Silicon Valley of the East! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by kevinhacker(m): 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2014
but it is already the cleanest state in Nigeria! or they want to make it official ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2014
kevinhacker:
but it is already the cleanest state in Nigeria! or they want to make it official ?

you are not well
Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by kevinhacker(m): 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2014
I SMELL FRONT PAGE ...
Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2014
kevinhacker:

Yea,but we want it to improve and sustained.
Akpokuedike di ime wee jebe n'afa!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:17pm On Oct 09, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

you are not well

Whats your point,NKAKWU GBALU OKU ?
Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by yorubakid2: 12:18pm On Oct 09, 2014
Nice cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by vanbonattel: 12:20pm On Oct 09, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Whats your point,NKAKWU GBALU OKU ?

Apologize to inyinyagboku or my pictures stasrt to flood this page now cool
Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:20pm On Oct 09, 2014
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) on Wednesday commended motorists plying federal roads in Edo, Delta and Anambra states for recording a near accident-free Eid-el-Kabir period in the area.

Mr Nseobong Akpabio, the FRSC Zonal Commander in-charge of the three states, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Onitsha, Anambra, that the zone recorded minor accidents during the period.

“This shows a relative change in the attitude of motorists plying our road corridors.

“I left Benin early this morning to see how the traffic at the Onitsha Bridge-head had been; and so far, it’s okay; while motorists and road-users are abiding by the rules.

“During our operations for these six days, we found out that most motorists are sober and disciplined.

“This relative change of attitude we plan to sustain, through strict enforcement of the rules by the corps as well as FRSC massive road education and enlightenment programmes ,’’ he said.

The zonal commander, however, advised motorists to drive on the roads with extra caution during this rainy season for their safety and those of their passengers.

“The public should make use of FRSC National Emergency Toll Free Numbers 122 or 070022553772 to call road safety officials in case of road emergency anywhere in the country.

“This toll free numbers operate on a 24- hour and seven days per week service,’’ he said.

NAN reports that the Eid-el-Kabir operations, which is popularly known as “Operation Push’’ in Anambra, will end on Sunday, Oct. 12. (NAN)

Another great news,Umu-Omanbala.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:20pm On Oct 09, 2014
vanbonattel:

Udene likwaa ozu yi there!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by oneeast2: 12:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
Let your pictures flow..and your Imo thread will bleed right now.

Try me and see for yourself.. cheesy

vanbonattel:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by oneeast2: 12:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
Leave am make he dare me. I can see that they do not like peaceful co-existence. I will launch the insurgents on Imo thread right now.. cheesy

OdenigboAroli:

Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by oneeast2: 12:24pm On Oct 09, 2014
Somebody should dare me oo.. cheesy cheesy
Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
chino u are a big fool,anambra belong to all igbos,they can criticize it if they like

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by soma042(m): 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2014
Nice one we can't help to see it coming.

Meanwhile
|

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by Energito: 12:32pm On Oct 09, 2014
Good news.
Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by oneeast2: 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
He was not trying to make a useful comment but he was interested in causing confusion..

I don't care about Igbo whatever, whoever wants a fight, the person will given a war..that is my own!

Ebig22:
chino u are a big fool,anambra belong to all igbos,they can criticize it if they like
Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by ak47mann(m): 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
OdenigboAroli:
Akpokuedike is shooting from all cylinders.
The Don is working all sectors,simultaneously.
And very soon Omanbala will become the most civilized,safest and investors haven.
I particularly like the way he is engaging the ordinary man and making them understand that development is the job of not only the government but the masses.
He is gradually educating the people and with time people will fight to live in my beloved Omanbala.

Omanbala akwulubago....Obele oge oya adi mma....Iseeee!
IHE EJI ABU ANAMBRA ERIKA NWANNE cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by ak47mann(m): 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2014
soma042:
Nice one we can't help to see it coming.

Meanwhile
|

Where is this place? cool
Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by yorubakid2: 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2014
ak47mann:
Where is this place? cool
Anambra cheesy cheesy
Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by yorubakid2: 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
ak47mann:
IHE EJI ABU IGBO ERIKA NWANNE cool
fixed cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by OdenigboAroli2: 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Otu gbawaakwa ada unu nwanyi there
Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by kevinhacker(m): 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2014
just look at how you guys are messing this beautiful thread
Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by vanbonattel: 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2014
oneeast2:
Leave am make he dare me. I can see that they do not like peaceful co-existence. I will launch the insurgents on Imo thread right now.. cheesy

Peaceful coexistence does not include calling someone nkakwu gbalu oku, 15 minutes more?
Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by ak47mann(m): 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2014
yorubakid2:
fixed cool cool
cheesy cheesy
Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by soma042(m): 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2014
yorubakid2:
Anambra cheesy cheesy

Is Enugu
Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by vanbonattel: 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2014
oneeast2:
Somebody should dare me oo.. cheesy cheesy

you cannot do more than a hanging blind bat
Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by oneeast2: 12:43pm On Oct 09, 2014
grin grin grin grin

You don't need to time yourself just start posting already..let us see what will become of that Imo thread right here, right now! cheesy cheesy

I like justification for everything I do.. cheesy

Start posting buddy..

vanbonattel:

Peaceful coexistence does not include calling someone nkakwu gbalu oku, 15 minutes more?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by vanbonattel: 12:43pm On Oct 09, 2014
soma042:

Is Enugu

stealing towns? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Anambra Set To Become The Cleanest And Healthiest State In Nigeria. by asha80(m): 12:43pm On Oct 09, 2014
a waste recycling plant would do the trick.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2015: Jonathan Will Win Across Board – PDP / Queues Back In Lagos Fuel Stations / FG Diverts Abuja Roads For June 12 Celebrations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.