Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,599 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) (6125 Views)

Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... / 4 + 1 Common Reasons Why Google Adsense May Suspend/ban Your Account / #ListenUpGoogle Why Google Omitted Nigeria On 2-step Verification Country List? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by scribble: 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2014
udemzyudex:

Mod, oga seun pls move this thing to the JOKE section thanks...

dont worry your dream job as a google founder will open in another lifetime for those of us chasing our dreams now, pls move to the slow lane

im sure u think Ebola is from bushmeat and fuitbat

mr. knowitall
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by christopher123(m): 7:26pm On Oct 09, 2014
scribble:
For all the people that think Google did not have any malicious reason for killing Linda ikeji pls guess again.

It's not copyright like they say on the surface.

Linda ikeji is the biggest competitor to Google Nigeria adaense business.

Three things you have to understand,

1. Google Nigeria is not the same company as Google Inc. The former makes its profits in Nigeria where the online ad business is not as robust as it's intl counterpart.

2. Linda Ikeji makes millions of dollars directly from advertisers. This is money she takes out of Google's mouth. Whilst she still runs theirbadsense platform on her mobile and desktop sites making tens and tens of thousands of dollars routinely.

3. That is a threat to Google Nigeria. A few months ago, a Google ad sense worker turned whistleblower explained how Google has a policy of looking for ways to disconnect successful publishers from their ad sense revenue in order to drive the brands profit. That story was on front page then, if you need a link, ask me and I will provide.

So Google copyright argument is just their official line. Have you ever stopped to think why Nairaland does not run Google adsense?

As for the haters. Yes we all know Nigerians have jealousy and envy more than business acumen. I'm in the business. Linda is my competitor. My site makes 8 figures a year but I don't touch Google. Bastardos dealt with me before.

Linda's biggest mistake was not exclusively going to Nigerian brands direct and being on .

FOr you haters, I feel sorry for you because by the time she starts driving a Bentley you guys will choke on your hate.

Seun, mods pls front page Abeg. Wanted to say this on my other three yesterday But Phcn struck and I gave up. People need to know how Google ruins publishing business out of greed and corporate impunity and intolerance. PLS.

people think that google is just a charity organization, but google is just an online advert firm they just aggregate information. thats all, linda is a threat, igbos i trust them in business, they dont compete they just take over

now www.google.com.ng is feeling the heat

trust igbos
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by udemzyudex(m): 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
scribble:

dont worry your dream job as a google founder will open in another lifetime for those of us chasing our dreams now, pls move to the slow lane

im sure u think Ebola is from bushmeat and fuitbat

mr. knowitall

What is this one posting sef

What has Ebola got to do with the topic? U're derailing mr

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by scribble: 7:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
christopher123:

people think that google is just a charity organization, but google is just an online advert firm they just aggregate information. thats all, linda is a threat, igbos i trust them in business, they dont compete they just take over

now www.google.com.ng is feeling the heat

trust igbos

maka u r talking
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by gatiano(m): 7:40pm On Oct 09, 2014
what makes google google, and microsoft microsoft is that they successfully kick out the rising compititors when they are still fresh or before they grow. so it is a very possible scenario. ikeji linda should begin to team up with bloggers alike to create one large firm.
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by onatisi(m): 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2014
Linda ikeji is a threat to google? Haba nairaland ! Place of a thousand jokes. Very soon I know somebody will coome here and say that nairaland is a threat to alibaba . I am waiting

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by arresa: 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2014
christopher123:

is feeling the heat

trust igbos

Me sef dey feel the heat...

Multi billion dollar Google is feeling what heat over some 2 kobo gossip blogger in Nigeria? grin

They are not like you crooked and fraudulent Nigerians, they'll even let go billions of dollars just to keep their good name and reputation..

You people and your shallow and empty chest beating sha..

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by twosquare(m): 8:18pm On Oct 09, 2014
arresa:

Multi billion dollar Google is feeling what heat over some 2 kobo gossip blogger in Nigeria? grin

They are not like you crooked and fraudulent Nigerians, they'll even let go billions of dollars just to keep their good name and reputation..

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by cirmuell(m): 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2014
Man, posts just getting dumber by the day. From Op's to comments, people just feel they must post something even if it makes no sense.
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by haywire07(m): 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2014
scribble:

lol come and see me at the plaza on Friday
I don't stay in lagos bro
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by desirewhet(m): 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2014
@Op...do u by chance was once linda ikeji? Or did u work wit ha? Or ar u linda? whc r u? U sound much like ha,
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by segend(m): 9:42pm On Oct 09, 2014
"A rather unpleasant trend seems to be the norm of late, habit of not taking taking responsibility for ones actions, being unable to face the facts and admit that you are wrong, thoughts that there is someone, something out there that is to blame. Attitudes common amongst us, and now showing up among those in place of power.

Presidency makes a mistake, blames it on opposition. Politicians never admit to stealing, its always a case of power that be witch hunting them. If your poorly built building collapse, why accept responsibility when you can blame it on a strange aircraft, and if your blog is taken down for plagiarism, you can always point fingers at haters.

Sign of a matured person is his ability to accept responsibilities for his actions, being able to look at himself in the mirror and accept that he goofed, and make corrections.

As long as the problem is out there, nothing will be done about it.

Until we start doing this individually, and start making people responsible for their actions, until we start holding those in authority responsible for their actions, then can we as a people be ready to grow and move forward"

https://www.nairaland.com/1941075/responsible

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by scribble: 10:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
haywire07:

I don't stay in lagos bro

Ok but the plaza hotel is in New York
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by christopher123(m): 9:30am On Oct 10, 2014
arresa:

that is why you and your tibesmen will never amount to anything nor your impact felt, all you do is serve, served abki, served hausa,served nigeria, please once in your life, take the lead and dont be led

SERIOUSLY AN IGBO BOY, WE STILL KNOW WHO OR THOSE THAT ARE SNITCHING

What you are about to read is quite long…and chilling! I wasn’t going to share this info in public but after I showed it to some family members and a few friends who came to the house this morning, everyone agreed that I need to share this, that you all need to read this. You see, what happened with my blog wasn’t about beef. It wasn’t because I showed off my new SUV. It wasn’t about plagiarism, or copyright infringement. It was something deeper, very personal…and maybe even more dangerous. Some would call it obsession.

To understand this, I am going to start from the beginning but before that I want to talk about plagiarism. My understanding of plagiarism is when you take someone’s work and republish it verbatim as your own work. I don’t do that. But if I have ever done that in the past then I apologize…it was an oversight. I do get a lot of original content, way more than any other blogger in this country. Some of the biggest news stories in this country in recent times was broken by LIB. From Goldie’s death (God rest her soul) Aluu4, ABSU rape, P-Square saga, Solomon Akiyesi and plenty more. And when I take news from other sources, I always credit them. When I don’t give credit is when the news is everywhere so I write it in my own words and make it mine. I don’t believe that is a crime. I admit that I have used photos without giving credit. I apologize. That will never happen again. You learn every day. And I have learnt from this.

Now about Mr Aye Dee. Let me start from the very beginning so you guys understand what really happened. Please read more.

Like I said earlier, this was not about copyright or plagiarism. It was personal. Very personal. In 2009 or 2010…(not sure) a guy named Alex who used to run 1976AD blog contacted me. He said he was impressed with my work and wanted to encourage me to never relent. Alex Info 1976AD (how I knew him back then) and I became very good friends online. In fact he was my confidant. Every time I had questions or challenges, I would reach out to him. By 2011, Alex 1976AD and I became quite close…online. We even exchanged numbers and spoke a few times. He always reminded me how proud of me he was. He told me I would one day become a phenomenon. I wasn’t number one at the time but he told me that I would one day be the biggest news site in Nigeria…that he believed in me that much. He was my friend, my supporter; he sent me news to post on my blog. He wanted me to succeed. He told me things to do to get more readers. He knew a lot about the internet and how it works so I always went to him for advice. He was my anchor.

In 2011, Alex 1976AD made me his blog’s Person of the Year 2011. I shared that post excitedly on my blog. He said I was the most deserving Nigerian for the award that year…and he wrote the most beautiful article about me. He was so proud of me…and never hesitated to tell me. I was grateful. I was happy to have him as a friend.

Then we stopped talking. I sincerely can’t remember when exactly. I know that Alex 1976AD tried to reach out to me mid last year…but I can’t remember if I responded. If I didn’t, it was an oversight. I’m really bad at replying mails because I get so many and I’m always busy blogging…but anyway.

Yesterday around 2.07pm…my long lost friend Alex Info 1976AD contacted me via gmail chat. I was so happy when I saw his name pop up. I was like yay…Alex 1976AD! He would know what I should do in this situation. I thought he was reaching out to me after all this while because he’d seen all the craziness going on and wanted to lend support…but what he said to me next shocked me to my bone marrow. He said ‘I hope u’re sitting down’. Thankfully I was because I would have literally fallen if I hadn’t been sitting.

You see, my good friend and biggest supporter Alex 1976AD told me he was Mr Aye Dee. The same guy who started this. The guy that got Google to shut down my blog. It wasn’t about plagiarism or copyright infringement…it was about a scorned former friend. It was about love turning to hate because he felt I’d abandoned him after I became big. Please patiently read our chat below…
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by christopher123(m): 9:36am On Oct 10, 2014
FOR US TO REALLY KNOW WHY LINDA IKEJI BLOGS WAS PULL DOWN , IT WAS A YORUBA MAN SNITCHING AND HATING THAT CAUSED THIS, BUT SHE WILL RESURRECT LIKE IGBOS DO, SHE WONT USE BLOGS NOW BUT WILL LAUNCH HER WEBSITE LIKE THE OTHER IGBO GIRL THAT RUNS BELLA NAIJA

THIS IS THE REAL JIST

What you are about to read is quite long…and chilling! I wasn’t going to share this info in public but after I showed it to some family members and a few friends who came to the house this morning, everyone agreed that I need to share this, that you all need to read this. You see, what happened with my blog wasn’t about beef. It wasn’t because I showed off my new SUV. It wasn’t about plagiarism, or copyright infringement. It was something deeper, very personal…and maybe even more dangerous. Some would call it obsession.

To understand this, I am going to start from the beginning but before that I want to talk about plagiarism. My understanding of plagiarism is when you take someone’s work and republish it verbatim as your own work. I don’t do that. But if I have ever done that in the past then I apologize…it was an oversight. I do get a lot of original content, way more than any other blogger in this country. Some of the biggest news stories in this country in recent times was broken by LIB. From Goldie’s death (God rest her soul) Aluu4, ABSU rape, P-Square saga, Solomon Akiyesi and plenty more. And when I take news from other sources, I always credit them. When I don’t give credit is when the news is everywhere so I write it in my own words and make it mine. I don’t believe that is a crime. I admit that I have used photos without giving credit. I apologize. That will never happen again. You learn every day. And I have learnt from this.

Now about Mr Aye Dee. Let me start from the very beginning so you guys understand what really happened. Please read more.

Like I said earlier, this was not about copyright or plagiarism. It was personal. Very personal. In 2009 or 2010…(not sure) a guy named Alex who used to run 1976AD blog contacted me. He said he was impressed with my work and wanted to encourage me to never relent. Alex Info 1976AD (how I knew him back then) and I became very good friends online. In fact he was my confidant. Every time I had questions or challenges, I would reach out to him. By 2011, Alex 1976AD and I became quite close…online. We even exchanged numbers and spoke a few times. He always reminded me how proud of me he was. He told me I would one day become a phenomenon. I wasn’t number one at the time but he told me that I would one day be the biggest news site in Nigeria…that he believed in me that much. He was my friend, my supporter; he sent me news to post on my blog. He wanted me to succeed. He told me things to do to get more readers. He knew a lot about the internet and how it works so I always went to him for advice. He was my anchor.

In 2011, Alex 1976AD made me his blog’s Person of the Year 2011. I shared that post excitedly on my blog. He said I was the most deserving Nigerian for the award that year…and he wrote the most beautiful article about me. He was so proud of me…and never hesitated to tell me. I was grateful. I was happy to have him as a friend.

Then we stopped talking. I sincerely can’t remember when exactly. I know that Alex 1976AD tried to reach out to me mid last year…but I can’t remember if I responded. If I didn’t, it was an oversight. I’m really bad at replying mails because I get so many and I’m always busy blogging…but anyway.

Yesterday around 2.07pm…my long lost friend Alex Info 1976AD contacted me via gmail chat. I was so happy when I saw his name pop up. I was like yay…Alex 1976AD! He would know what I should do in this situation. I thought he was reaching out to me after all this while because he’d seen all the craziness going on and wanted to lend support…but what he said to me next shocked me to my bone marrow. He said ‘I hope u’re sitting down’. Thankfully I was because I would have literally fallen if I hadn’t been sitting.

You see, my good friend and biggest supporter Alex 1976AD told me he was Mr Aye Dee. The same guy who started this. The guy that got Google to shut down my blog. It wasn’t about plagiarism or copyright infringement…it was about a scorned former friend. It was about love turning to hate because he felt I’d abandoned him after I became big. Please patiently read our chat below…

His last chat to me before yesterday was 12th of May 2013…
http://lindaikejionline.com/?p=97

NOW THE STUPIDD YORUBA DUDE HAS NOT DISCLAIMED
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by christopher123(m): 9:37am On Oct 10, 2014
segend:

"A rather unpleasant trend seems to be the norm of late, habit of not taking taking responsibility for ones actions, being unable to face the facts and admit that you are wrong, thoughts that there is someone, something out there that is to blame. Attitudes common amongst us, and now showing up among those in place of power.

Presidency makes a mistake, blames it on opposition. Politicians never admit to stealing, its always a case of power that be witch hunting them. If your poorly built building collapse, why accept responsibility when you can blame it on a strange aircraft, and if your blog is taken down for plagiarism, you can always point fingers at haters.

Sign of a matured person is his ability to accept responsibilities for his actions, being able to look at himself in the mirror and accept that he goofed, and make corrections.

As long as the problem is out there, nothing will be done about it.

Until we start doing this individually, and start making people responsible for their actions, until we start holding those in authority responsible for their actions, then can we as a people be ready to grow and move forward"

https://www.nairaland.com/1941075/responsible

His last chat to me before yesterday was 12th of May 2013…
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by christopher123(m): 11:10am On Oct 10, 2014
arresa:

with evidence that i have given you why dont you disprove me or shut up your oily mouth...we know yorubas

LINDA IKEJI BLOG IS BACK, BELLA NAIJA IS ON

These are igbos doing what we do best..which is take over, we dont compete but take over

we do not take POW, hostage etc, we crash whatever we land on

its is not our making, dont be annoyed but we GIVE GOD THE GLORY

now go and rest in peace
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by Clone2020(m): 5:39pm On Oct 11, 2014
@Op, u make 8 figures every year and yet u are complaining that ur internet connection was interrupted by PHCN which prevented u from posting on nairaland... Na wa :O

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by Mcbussy(m): 7:15am On Oct 16, 2014
Look,just stop ranting...it might be personal,but d point is still dat he had evidence to use against her.

She still did it wrong.how would u stop communicating wif sum1 and still be taking his articles without permission?

This 1 has happened and d experience should make her wiser and stronger. I wish her luck.

As for those Igbo clowns turning this into a tribalistic matter....I'm just shaking my head for u goons.

SEO Tips Bloggers Can Use To Improve Their Ranking / Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? / How Do I Delete An Old Post On Nairaland

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66