Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,719 members, 7,851,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:49 PM

Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare (31722 Views)

Obiano Visits Failing Portion Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (Photos) / Photos Of Funny Looks In Today Reflection Of Apc Decides / Horrible Accident At Nkpor Flyover On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by egift(m): 8:33am On Oct 10, 2014
ElekeNtioba:
and APC is d long-awaited savior to take us all into paradise...huh??

I'm apolitical if u must know, just dat d OP didnt even bother to conceal d poiltical undertone.

The question was, when last did you use the road?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Omimah: 8:35am On Oct 10, 2014
bushdoc9919:

In fairness to them...this is a Federal Road.
Yes, it is a federal road, what have the governors there done to reconstruct the road? We all heard how governors of the SW demand that the FG should give them the go ahead to reconstruct the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by emmasege: 8:35am On Oct 10, 2014
I'm happy someone opened up a discussion on this. I do travel frequently on that route all d way from d west and have had to ask myself why the absolute support of s/east for GEJ does not reflect on this major road. Isn't it time d igbos asked GEJ if he truly cares about the zone. Time dey go o.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 10, 2014
I am disappointed at how that road is being handled. The minister of works seems to be more focused on Edo axis because of local politics. The chairman Senate committee on works, Ayogu Eze is from Enugu. Same with the house of reps. The minister of finance is Igbo. If all the heavyweights from the south east in the GEJ's govt can't push for speedy completion of critical south east projects, then we have a big challenge on our hand. Peter Obi was notorious for always pushing for more FG projects in Anambra axis. Sometimes the problem in the south east is because of our mostly selfish govt representatives from this part of the country.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 10, 2014
Otunbab:

Yea, that's the excuse we get, same excuse we get for the river island airport they also have. My guy, it takes nothing for them to lay a complain and fix it.
what exactly do SW governors do? Build houses with brown and rusted zincs at ibadam? Grow bushes that and slums scattered everywhere in osun
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 10, 2014
They are sharing odourless fufu and ewa oloyin like their yoloba counterpart grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Otunbab:
Igbo governors...... Hmm, what do they actually do?
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Seawhy(m): 8:39am On Oct 10, 2014
SE is the worst hit and what the politicians in this region do is to hire chopper to move about.
The infrastructure in this region are in a deployable condition and no body cares.
What do they want us to remember them for... chop alone.
Chief AWolowo, today is repected in the entire south west, because of his impact in the development of the region. What will you as a politician in SE be remembered for - flying from pillar to post, without considering the poor masses that suffered under the rain and intense sun, to see that they are elected. I know one politician in Enugu State that has been in Rep for years and all these years, there was never a day he used road to visit his village. Villagers know he is around anytime a chopper lands in the village primary school.
This disturbs my immagination, why PDP should not call their people to order. Do yearly appraisal of those in government and any person that is not performing should be brought to book. Today all Anambrians are happy, because of what Mr Peter Obi did in the state.
He worked and everybody saw it. Why cant it be you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 10, 2014
An industrial action called by tanker drivers in
Rivers State has triggered fuel scarcity, with long
queues gradually building-up at different fuel
stations in Port Harcourt, the state’s capital.
The short supply has forced most fuel stations in the
city to stop selling what they had.
Those who spoke to Channels Television on Tuesday
expressed worries that the cause of the situation is
not clear.
Meanwhile, in a telephone conversation, the Nigeria
Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas workers
(NUPENG) zonal chairman Port Harcourt branch,
Comrade Godwin Eruba, said that the tanker drivers’
branch of NUPENG in the eastern zone was on strike
over the poor conditions of some link roads in the
zone.
He said that the strike was to get the government’s
attention.
The refinery-Eleme and the Umuahia-Okigie roads
are some of the link roads in very bad conditions that
the group are asking the government to fix.

Comrade Eruba also stated that the fuel situation in
Port Harcourt was due to the high demand for
product which was at the moment not in supply.

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/10/07/tanker-drivers-strike-over-bad-road-triggers-fuel-scarcity-in-rivers-state/
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by ElekeNtioba: 8:43am On Oct 10, 2014
MichaelSokoto:

In common sense, how do u geh things done?
If one particular party/govt has been misbehavin 4 such a long period of time, isit not time u try someone else?
Edo experimented on theirs & so far so good they've neva one day regretted their actions in kollektively changin party/govt. angry

Same thing goes 2 d blessed imolites.

apart from a few, all politicians are cut from same cloth. Adams campaigned on a platform of integrity and he looks to have upheld dat bt i cant say d same as to d character of some leaders of APC.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 10, 2014
oluseyiforjesus:
Dividend of Democracy has die in Nigeria since 1820,but on a serious note, GEJ is trying only dat he's working with Ministers,governors,senators,honorables etc dat are big tym robbers, only God can forgive the government of GEJ is full of corruption.......
u nailed it d guy de try but im crew na thives full am
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by ElekeNtioba: 8:49am On Oct 10, 2014
tsolz500:

The igbos are a confused race.

I wonder what they really want..
Today it is biafra, tomorrow they sing --"GEJ till eternity", the next is--"Lagos belongs to the igbos"
Until they set their priorities right and make moves to develop the dilapidated and erosion riddened eastern land,instead of tryin to claim a land that does not belong to them;nobody is going to take them seriously

u ar d confused one. Hw can u take d different opinions of igbos on a forum as the collective objective of d igbo nation.....smh

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by soonest(f): 8:53am On Oct 10, 2014
Enugu -onitsha road is a complete write off. Since 2008, they have been working on that road yet we don't get to see the result. Federal government has been very insensitive as regards that road. As it is right now I don't think that road can ever be completed or be a dual carriage road.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by obailala(m): 8:59am On Oct 10, 2014
The annoying part of this whole saga is that the Northerners keep thinking that the SS and SE are being developed massively by this government.. Anyway, you cant really blame the North for thinking this way because in the face of the whole neglect, the SE still sings the praises of Jona as if he's the next best thing after sliced bread.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by ProFuhrer: 9:02am On Oct 10, 2014
egift:
The road is terrible in both lanes. Last week when I went to Akwa from Enugu, I just had to follow the bendy-Old-Road when coming back. The same TANiods Jona Praise singers will want Aligbo to be Bind, Deaf and Speechless despite the dilapidated Road looking us in the face.
The road is under reconstruction.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by obailala(m): 9:03am On Oct 10, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

u ar d confused one. Hw can u take d different opinions of igbos on a forum as the collective objective of d igbo nation.....smh
Trust me bro, I used to regard the opinions shared on this forum as the opinion of just a few paid and brainwashed south easterners. But after a while, it became clear that I was wrong. What you see on this forum is a good reflection of the opinion of a large population of easterners.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by TimbalandBootYa: 9:03am On Oct 10, 2014
Una still get road problem for dat Nigeria? Una be fool o I swear... Can't imagine myself driving through that deadly road.. Shey una no dey watch american films see beta roads

We're riding smoof here in the state..
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by ElekeNtioba: 9:06am On Oct 10, 2014
egift:

The question was, when last did you use the road?

dude i have seen and still see worse roads and its all a reflection of d failure of governance AT ALL LEVELS. It has notin to do with political party. After all a good number of APC leaders were disgruntled PDP members who left to find political relevance.

We need a total over-haul of d system not dusting up d old one and giving it a new name.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by TimbalandBootYa: 9:06am On Oct 10, 2014
obailala:
The annoying part of this whole saga is that the Northerners keep thinking that the SS and SE are being developed massively by this government.. Anyway, you cant really blame the North for thinking this way because in the face of the whole neglect, the SE still sings the praises of Jona as if he's the next best thing after sliced bread.
Una too funny for this una country o grin
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by juman(m): 9:06am On Oct 10, 2014
Even if this confused federal government rule for another twenty years the country would still be on it's kneels.

We need a president that will borrow tens of billions of dollars to quickly develop our dilapidated country.

The performance of this president make one sad.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 10, 2014
obailala:
Nobody is thinking anything. It is all propaganda so they can slam GEJ with ethnic bias

1 Like

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 10, 2014
When will d govt/people understand that roads are basic amenities.......BASIC AMENITIES!!! O God *face palm*

1 Like

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by emeraldlife: 9:13am On Oct 10, 2014
egift:

1. The Governors can jointly get it done and collect their money back - after-all they claim to have a direct line to the President.

2. They could have also gotten Jonathan in the last 5 years to get the road completed.

Obi actually did that. Road construction is ongoing.
Our so-called elected officials have failed us. Election is around the corner and we will stupidly vote for those idiots. So sad

1 Like

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 10, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

Nobody is thinking anything. It is all propaganda so they can slam GEJ with ethnic bias
Ifeanyi,how market?
Could you explain why PDP government have failed woefully in fixing at least 50percent of the bad roads in the SE? I need to hear your opinion on this matter.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Haywirezzz: 9:14am On Oct 10, 2014
The federal govt has no excuse for not fixing that road which is very vital to the socio-economic activities of d South east. When did road construction become rocket science? Is it not time for ndigbo to do a soul searching and ask themselves some questions? What have we really gained by supporting d present government through thick and thin? If the president can treat issues that affect d south east with such levity even when he knows he will need our votes for his second term,what then happens after he secures our votes,knowing fully well that he would be in his final term then? How long will it take to complete d second niger bridge if a road of about a 100km cannot be completed in 4 yrs? Simply put,the present government has failed ndigbo and has no moral right to expect their support like b4.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by ElekeNtioba: 9:14am On Oct 10, 2014
obailala:
Trust me bro, I used to regard the opinions shared on this forum as the opinion of just a few paid and brainwashed south easterners. But after a while, it became clear that I was wrong. What you see on this forum is a good reflection of the opinion of a large population of easterners.

Dats a very bad misrepresentation.
Everybody is entitled to his opinion, so generalizing isnt always ideal.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by conyema12(m): 9:17am On Oct 10, 2014
It goes to tell you how insensitive the current government both on the federal and state level are.

Quote me anywhere Nigeria is like s huge cake on a table with different people coming to cutting their portion with reckless abandon.

Both Goodluck buhari tinubu and any other person struggling to run in 2015 are vultures waiting to feast on the carcass called Nigeria.

The funny thing is that when you go to Bayelsa the home of the president and see the level of underdevelopment oozing out. .... them u know that the project called Nigeria has failed.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 10, 2014
berem:
Ifeanyi,how market?
Could you explain why PDP government have failed woefully in fixing at least 50percent of the bad roads in the SE? I need to hear your opinion on this matter.
Has APC fixed all the roads in the states under their control?

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by MrDoGood(m): 9:21am On Oct 10, 2014
SeunEatsGARRI:
GEJ is trying his best.
GEJ till GARRI becomes 1cup 1Naira!

LOL

SEE DREAM
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by momo22: 9:24am On Oct 10, 2014
Otunbab:
Igbo governors...... Hmm, what do they actually do?
Na Igbo governors go construct federal road?
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 10, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

Has APC fixed all the roads in the states under their control?
I was expecting this statement from you and you didn't fail to disappoint. Tell your paymaster to fix the federal roads in the southeast. Ndi Igbo will not continue to lose lives because of the dilapidated roads in the region.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by SeunEatsGARRI: 9:24am On Oct 10, 2014
MrDoGood:

LOL

SEE DREAM

With the ongoing Cassava Revolution it will become a reality soon.

God bless GEJ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Army Captures Alargano, The Spiritual Base Of Boko Haram / Osun Election: APC Is Like An Orphan Struggling In Ife – Babajide Omoworare / Peter Obi, Nuhu Ribadu At The Presidential Election Tribunal As Hearing Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.