Stats: 3,166,488 members, 7,865,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:47 AM

Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare (31745 Views)

Obiano Visits Failing Portion Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (Photos) / Photos Of Funny Looks In Today Reflection Of Apc Decides / Horrible Accident At Nkpor Flyover On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (2) (3) (4)

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by dayosaurus(m): 7:50am On Oct 10, 2014
This is their luck, next time they will vote wisely

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by phransix147(m): 7:50am On Oct 10, 2014
PERFECT2:
Yet they want to contest in 2015. Abeg tell them say 'our eye don clear'.
They know themselves. My only happiness is......

I made FRONT PAGE!

Send ur account number ASAP to redeem ur prize
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by ObiOkpor(m): 7:53am On Oct 10, 2014
That road is a death trap.
None of the thief**g politicians will get my vote come 2015.
Nigerian politics,abandoning their responsibilties since 1904.

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by egift(m): 7:56am On Oct 10, 2014
ElekeNtioba:
smells like a 'lets bash Jonathan' thread.

Mr. Oshrish, when last did you ply that road. In most part of the road, one lane is completely un-motorable - both the tow and fro vehicles make use of the same lane. You need to see even 9th Mile.

PDP want Nigerians to be Deaf, Dumb and Blind.

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by ohosi4real(m): 7:57am On Oct 10, 2014
It is a pity
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 10, 2014
berem:
Who doesn't know that except the Onitsha-Owerri road which was started by Obasanjo and finished by Yar'adua,every other road in the Southeast and roads which connect South-South are in a very bad state.
May God help the people of the South-East.

Shhhh!
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by money121(m): 7:59am On Oct 10, 2014

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by kokoA(m): 8:00am On Oct 10, 2014
Go up north and see the massive construction of roads currently going on. Even roads that were in good shape before now are being dualize or expanded, yet people who keep shouting "GEJ till Jesus come" can't boast of two motorable federal roads in their region. . This people are really easy to please. All you have to do is change your middle name to one that resembles theirs, e.g. "Lucky" to "Nnamdi" grin If that doesn't work, just promise them an imaginary bridge grin I bet you have their total support already.

23 Likes

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 10, 2014
Otunbab:

Yea, that's the excuse we get, same excuse we get for the river island airport they also have. My guy, it takes nothing for them to lay a complain and fix it.

Recalling Lagos State Govt's war with the Fed Govt over federal roads in Lagos....I doubt.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by PERFECT2(m): 8:01am On Oct 10, 2014
phransix147:

Send ur account number ASAP to redeem ur prize
Dat's the real NIGHTMARE.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Lawstudent: 8:03am On Oct 10, 2014
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Koko88(m): 8:04am On Oct 10, 2014
Serious nightmare
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by phransix147(m): 8:06am On Oct 10, 2014
PERFECT2:

Dat's the real NIGHTMARE.

Hehehehehe.... Y na?
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 10, 2014
EFCC please do the needful on Obi Peter ASAP shocked

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by tbaba1234: 8:07am On Oct 10, 2014
I used to wonder why GEJ has such massive support in the south east. Road infrastructure is basic stuff.

Then I realised that it is based mainly on ethno-religious sentiments..

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:09am On Oct 10, 2014
Otunbab:
Igbo governors...... Hmm, what do they actually do?

Hee hee heee grin

*Grabs 4ront seat*
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 10, 2014
tbaba1234:
I used to wonder why GEJ has such massive support in the south east. Road infrastructure is basic stuff.

Then I realised that it is based mainly on ethno-religious sentiments..

You should have known that by now.

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by menesheh(m): 8:14am On Oct 10, 2014
I traveled to and fro on that road yesterday/the day before yesterday to Nnewi, i noticed that commuters abandoned that Enugu /Onitcha Highway and reroute to udi-oji-river route where u divert from nightmile. I also noticed that public alarm blowers ( the so called high profile persons) also do divert to the neatly contructed udi-oji-river route in order to avoid the dilapidated enugu Onitcha dual Highway.

This is as a result of negligence by our representatives in Abuja both legislatures and ministers cum governors of South Eastern states to continuously alarming our dear Gej to fast track the construction of that road.

Don't ever blame Gej (despite am biased alittle bit) cus am in love with him and A Gej fanatic grin grin

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by ElekeNtioba: 8:15am On Oct 10, 2014
egift:

Mr. Oshrish, when last did you ply that road. In most part of the road, one lane is completely un-motorable - both the tow and fro vehicles make use of the same lane. You need to see even 9th Mile.

PDP want Nigerians to be Deaf, Dumb and Blind.

and APC is d long-awaited savior to take us all into paradise...huh??

I'm apolitical if u must know, just dat d OP didnt even bother to conceal d poiltical undertone.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by babeface3: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2014
Thanks for this post OP. I slept on this road while traveling to Enugu on the Sallah Break. It is more than a nightmare. And when you touch an Ibo man he will tell you Jonathan is his brother.

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Olutola88(m): 8:19am On Oct 10, 2014
oluseyiforjesus:
Dividend of Democracy has die in Nigeria since 1820,but on a serious note, GEJ is trying only dat he's working with Ministers,governors,senators,honorables etc dat are big tym robbers, only God can forgive the government of GEJ is full of corruption.......
Who selected the ministers? My Father or your Father? GEJ has no excuse for poor performance. I don't support APC or any other political party! Make some ludicrous political nitwits no come quote me dey tell me rubbish. I still love my country but I despise the Administrators

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 10, 2014
Sincere9gerian,I see you viewing o! What have you to say concerning the dilapidated roads in the South-east?

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:21am On Oct 10, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

and APC is d long-awaited savior to take us all into paradise...huh??

I'm apolitical if u must know, just dat d OP didnt even bother to conceal d poiltical undertone.
In common sense, how do u geh things done?
If one particular party/govt has been misbehavin 4 such a long period of time, isit not time u try someone else?
Edo experimented on theirs & so far so good they've neva one day regretted their actions in kollektively changin party/govt. angry

Same thing goes 2 d blessed imolites.

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by living2013(m): 8:21am On Oct 10, 2014
It's always a nightmare travelling through that road

God help us
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by MrKevinBig(m): 8:22am On Oct 10, 2014
In conclusion, we have our destiny in our hands. Unfortunately a lot of us will exchange for a bag of rice or 1000 (sale of voters card) or by voluteering to be a thug.

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:22am On Oct 10, 2014
berem:
Sincere9gerian,I see you viewing o! What have you to say concerning the dilapidated roads in the South-east?
4 whiaaaa, him geh mouf?
He's dumbobolated grin
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Sanguine77(m): 8:23am On Oct 10, 2014
The South-East has some of the worst federal roads in Nigeria. That Enugu Onitsha road is in very bad shape and urgent steps should be taken to give it a facelift. The Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene road to Odukpani in Cross River and from there to Benue via Ikom are other roads that need serious attention. The government is trying but more work should be done on these and other roads across the length and breadth of Nigeria.

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Otunbab: 8:25am On Oct 10, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Recalling Lagos State Govt's war with the Fed Govt over federal roads in Lagos....I doubt.

Bro, we both know that if there was a killer road like that road anywhere around Lagos or a little outside Lagos , Dem for don fix am sharply.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by 01karma(m): 8:29am On Oct 10, 2014
Well my Enugu have nice roads, but roads connecting Enugu are messed up eg Enugu-portharcourt high way angry

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by ak47mann(m): 8:31am On Oct 10, 2014
All nigerian politicians are all thieves both PDP AND APC. GEJ is still tolerating his corrupt ministers and governors because he need them for his second term votes we are not stupid,the reason why super powers disrespect him sometimes is his weakness in fighting corruption.

Apart from that, looking at the annual budget security takes a big chunk from it due to boko haram no be today aboki dey set us backward for no good reason but we will vote GEJ he is a lot better than them.. cool

Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) / Rey Siakpere Sentenced To Life In Prison For Raping And Impregnating 14-Year-Old / Tanko Rossi Sabo Donates Cash To Community, Pays School Fees For Students