Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,559 members, 7,865,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:46 PM

Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare (31746 Views)

Obiano Visits Failing Portion Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (Photos) / Photos Of Funny Looks In Today Reflection Of Apc Decides / Horrible Accident At Nkpor Flyover On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by 1025: 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
bushdoc9919:

In fairness to them...this is a Federal Road.

if u have federal roads in ur state and ur ppl are dying there because of badness, it is your responsibility to remind the federal govt of the plights of ur ppl but what do u have here? igbo govs have endorsed jonathan. what are u endorsing him for? just to cover your crimes against ur ppl.
from okigwe to aba is a dead zone and travelers die there always yet you claim to be a friend to the president while the enemies of the presidents are the ones enjoying from him.
these govs are not protecting their ppl at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by chuksmad(m): 12:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
There is nothing Igbos are gaining from GEJ government, yet he has the highest support of igbos. For me, i have decided to stay in my house the day of election and be watching a good movie if there is light oooo.
Just check it, Onisha - Enugu expressway, Enugu - Umuahia - Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt - Owerri, Uyo - Umuahia and Uyo - Aba express way, all in shambles and you are telling me to waste my vote on GEJ.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by BetterNigeria: 12:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
The earlier we wakeup from our dreams of religious and ethnic differences and go for better leaders the better.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Yeske2(m): 12:41pm On Oct 10, 2014
Guyman02:
Meanwhile Ifeanyi Ubas TAN has several Bill Boards showing roads built by GEJ and why Nigerians must vote for him in 2015. I wonder how he travels to his village in the East if it is through the roads on the bill board.
That eediot? He takes advantage of the Onitsha-Owerri express road to his village built by OBJ. Thank God SEasterners are waking up to the fraud that GEJ is. Where is Insincerenigerian and his cohorts when you need them. GEJ would be in for a rude shock next year, Ndigbo selling their conscious since God knows when.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by slymichael(m): 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
[D road is a shadow of itself. I plied it abt a month ago n I weep for our country. Our politicians are wicked. I hate politicians. They are liars. God help us
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by juman(m): 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2014
So why the president is not performing well?

I still don't get it.

I wonder what is holding his hands from giving sterling performance that would accrue for him praises from everywhere in the world.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2014
Otunbab:
Igbo governors...... Hmm, what do they actually do?

One of the reason they have not been in presidency going decades cause these modern day igbo politicians. Major of them are worst than Boko Haram. Sooooo greedy, heartless and stingy. No offense to Ndigbos, just saying the truth
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Lordlexyy: 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
anonimi:

Have you dealt with the "hordes of failed promises" by the state governors and LGA chairmen in the region
Did those ones also not make promises and even have BASIC duties to perform?
Or does charity no longer begin from home?
Mr anonimi, you are unequivocally saying in other word that we presently have inherited bad and short sighted leaders at all tiers of government? You must understand that most Nigerians do not reside in their state of origin and as such only sees and feels federal might. Because of this, it become apparent to ask question on areas that directly affects them. I know this news is a bitter pills for you to swallow, knowing your 'over do' support for this administration, i can only imagine you cursing and swearing for the Op under your breath for posting this 'rubbish'. We all can't be blind supporters of the blind. Glad the scale is falling down the eyes of some easterners, who are beginning to realise the fraud and scam that pdp gov't truely is. Somebody just hope people like you who have swore their lives to the pdp project will learn one or two lessons from the thread about the need to forgone personal and sentimental gratification and become more concern about the collective well being of the whole nation. Remember we are all brothers.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Princecharmin(m): 1:18pm On Oct 10, 2014
Please how do i remove dis nonsense islamic vow they put on my profile .....just becos i comment for their barka da sallah thread, they don turn me to one of them sad ....pls someone should help me o...i seriously don't want it. I never knew it was a crime to wish them well on their day Bloody bokoharamists
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by anonimi: 1:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
Lordlexyy:
Mr anonimi, you are unequivocally saying in other word that we presently have inherited bad and short sighted leaders at all tiers of government? You must understand that most Nigerians do not reside in their state of origin and as such only sees and feels federal might. Because of this, it become apparent to ask question on areas that directly affects them. I know this news is a bitter pills for you to swallow, knowing your 'over do' support for this administration, i can only imagine you cursing and swearing for the Op under your breath for posting this 'rubbish'. We all can't be blind supporters of the blind. Glad the scale is falling down the eyes of some easterners, who are beginning to realise the fraud and scam that pdp gov't truely is. Somebody just hope people like you who have swore their lives to the pdp project will learn one or two lessons from the thread about the need to forgone personal and sentimental gratification and become more concern about the collective well being of the whole nation. Remember we are all brothers.

I guess the highlighted must be a JOKE from you.

As to my "over do" support for this FEDERAL administration, it is based on the FACT that it has done BETTER compared to previous federal administrations and most, if not all state governors and LGA chairmen as well as the DUBIOUS personalities jostling to replace the Jonathan/Sambo team. If you want to debate this fact let me know.

Nevertheless, if you go through my posts here you will find that I criticise the federal administration & PDP when I deem necessary, including opening threads to that effect.

BTW, what is wrong in highlighting the neglect of their duties by the states and LGAs
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by djon78(m): 1:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
honestly the biggest problem we have in SE is that our politifians are very greedy. they cornered all the money meant 4 roads etc. i think we have to stop this blind support of this adminstn. to me the best option to sanitise Nigeria is buhari/fashola combo, enough of this madness.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by ChimaAdeoye: 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
Paid Boko haram Internet e-warriors always advising Igbo on what to do, who to vote for and when to die since 1900. grin grin

Abooki and yolobar should save their useless saliva. If you don't want Igbo to vote GEJ, then make Igbo an APC presidential candidate.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
Why do Nigerian leaders always neglect roads construction. The first thing noticeable in successful countries is the roads. I don't know why we have to look down on road construction. If all the roads in the country are in order the government is halfway into success because they ease commuters stress. I think Nigerian government should take a cue from China.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by anonimi: 1:45pm On Oct 10, 2014
all4naija:
Why do Nigerian leaders always neglect roads construction. The first thing noticeable in successful countries is the roads. I don't know why we have to look down on road construction. If all the roads in the country are in order the government is halfway into success because they ease commuters stress. I think Nigerian government should take a cue from China.

Really
So in China they do not have

- TAP water
- free & COMPULSORY nine years of education for ALL their children
- adequately equipped & staffed Primary health Clinics and General Hospitals

We are really a clueless lot in this country yet thinking we are so smart hence cow boys take us for a ride posing to inCORRUPTible replacements shocked
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2014
anonimi:

Really

- TAP water

We are really a clueless lot in this country yet thinking we are so smart hence cow boys take us for a ride posing to inCORRUPTible replacements shocked
What are you talking about?! The first thing noticeable about successful countries is ease of transportation and roads is by far the top priority. Those are there but as for(which is within the discussion of this topic)China roads are one of the things which help to make life more easy than it would have been if they were not there, most especially, in the cities.

1) How do you get to school?

2) Where do you take the equipment to build pipe for taps through?

3) Where do you pass to get to hospitals,etc?

Road is by far important in relation to what you listed before.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Lordlexyy: 2:10pm On Oct 10, 2014
anonimi:

I guess the highlighted must be a JOKE from you.

As to my "over do" support for this FEDERAL administration, it is based on the FACT that it has done BETTER compared to previous federal administrations and most, if not all state governors and LGA chairmen as well as the DUBIOUS personalities jostling to replace the Jonathan/Sambo team. If you want to debate this fact let me know.

Nevertheless, if you go through my posts here you will find that I criticise the federal administration when I deem necessary, including opening threads to that effect.
"Done better" than previous gov't can be interpreted in several ways: monumental corruption, insecurity, infractural deficits, insensitivity (Inyaya in retrospective), state pardon to criminals, school strikes(the longest in history) et al. But if your 'done better' connote infrascrutural strides which i believe you are alluding to, i will advise that you place side by side the volume of money or revenue accrued to each successive gov't viz a viz their performance. I dare to ask, is there a single project today by this gov't that wasn't started or left uncompleted by previous gov't? So, what's new, Mr. anonimi?The much talk about rail line wasn't exactly a new project, and a country as resource endowed like ours should ordinary have gone beyond a medieval locomotive your gang made a habit to form a chorus with. Same applies to the roads. The Federal universities though commendable, remains largely questionable as to it intent when the existing ones are bereaved with lack of finance. Also on the universities, the few structures i saw with respect to the one in kogi state, for a first time visitor, he will think is a community secondary school. Mr. anonimi are you still there.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by bamdexfarms(m): 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2014
SeunEatsGARRI:

With the ongoing Cassava Revolution it will become a reality soon.

God bless GEJ

U are a mad cow!!!
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2014
all4naija:

What are you talking about?! The first thing noticeable about successful countries is ease of transportation and roads is by far the top priority. Those are there but as for(which is within the discussion of this topic)China roads are one of the things which help to make like more easy than it would have been if they were not there, most especially, in the cities.

1) How do you get to school?

2) Where do you take the equipment to build pipe for taps through?

3) Where do you pass to get to hospitals,etc?

Road is by far important in relation to what you listed before.
Anonimi is just reiterating the lies and propaganda of the incapable gej and his tan.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 10, 2014
anonimi:

Really

- TAP water

Keep lying to your self.The greed of your politicians is keeping your region underdeveloped. The SE roads are terrible -that's a firsthand fact.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by adconline(m): 2:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
Otunbab:

Yea, that's the excuse we get, same excuse we get for the river island airport they also have. My guy, it takes nothing for them to lay a complain and fix it.
Tryinh to score cheap and childish points. Why aren't govs of Lagos and Ogun doing Lagos-Ibadan road? Do you understand what exclusive list means?
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by adconline(m): 2:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
PH-Owerrri road is also super terrible.Imo state part of the road is full of death traps.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by amjoy: 2:54pm On Oct 10, 2014
We are d cause of our problem. It is not as if FG abandoned us completely. I learnt 7billion naira was given to d immediate past governor of a state in d south east for construction of some part of dt road. What he did was to scrap d old coal tar n abandon d rest. That road is now a death trap.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by adconline(m): 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2014
amjoy:
We are d cause of our problem. It is not as if FG abandoned us completely. I learnt 7billion naira was given to d immediate past governor of a state in d south east for construction of some part of dt road. What he did was to scrap d old coal tar n abandon d rest. That road is now a death trap.
Not holding brief for anybody, but FG doesn't give money to govs for unconstructed roads- since there is Min of works and housing.The FG might pay u back after u have done the road. Good luck if you are not in good terms with FG. I think the problem we have is that we rely so much on rumours-- he said- she said .

1 Like

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 10, 2014
The igbos support for GEJ has been unflinching. If GEJ win second term and refuse to transform igbo land, that would be the epitome of bretrayal.
I don‘t know why he hasn‘t done much there till now.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by ceejay675(m): 3:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
The Anambra state government had announced plans on January 1, to embark on the construction of the Amawbia-Amansea portion of the road. Though at the moment, the road is still far from being done. In like manner, the state government had seen to the completion of the road beginning from the Niger Bridge up till the Nkpor new parts. But beyond there is a painful picture of rejection and abandonment.

It was gathered that road accidents recorded on the Umunya portion of the ever-busy road have within the past five years that the reconstruction began, claimed dozens of lives and destroyed goods worth millions of naira. Some of the road users also claimed that the spot has also created an avenue for armed robbers to swoop on motorists.

Other portions of the 104km stretch are not better off. Awkuzu junction, right in front of the Special Anti Robbery Squad of the Anambra State Police Command has been reduced to a gully as one part of the dual carriage way has be washed off by erosion and become a dump site for abandoned vehicles.

nice one @OP...even the Niger bridge to Nkpor u said they have completed is still under construction (i.e frm upper iweka to round about)
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by adconline(m): 3:25pm On Oct 10, 2014
dcaliph:
The igbos support for GEJ has been unflinching. If GEJ win second term and refuse to transform igbo land, that would be the epitome of bretrayal.
I don‘t know why he hasn‘t done much there till now.
Stop making this a tribal issue. Igbos supported OBJ and he didn't build this. Yorubas and Midwesterners supported OBJ and he didn't fix Benin-Ore-Shagamu road. Naija politicians are corrupt and don't care about public infrastructure.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by dayosaurus(m): 3:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
I'm not an ethnic chauvinist. Iono how tribe got into this.. Take note that MADNESS IS DEFINED AS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT. Vote PDP again, it's non of my business. Just stop complaining lipsrsealed undecided

IGBOSON1:

^^^By 'voting wisely next time' i take it you mean voting for the next Hausa/Fulani the opposition presents to Nigerians?........Because this seems to be the oppositions default setting!

Not keen for an argument, but suffice it to say that Ndigbo/Alaigbo has suffered immensely and been marginalized by these same Hausa/Fulani, so you'll have to forgive us if we're a bit cynical about them given the benefit of hindsight! The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know!
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by poseidon12: 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2014
Olutola88:
Who selected the ministers? My Father or your Father? GEJ has no excuse for poor performance. I don't support APC or any other political party! Make some ludicrous political nitwits no come quote me dey tell me rubbish. I still love my country but I despise the Administrators

Hi all. Please let us take correction; I am not aware of any word called LUDICROUS. The correct word is RIDICULOUS. This mistake has happened so many times that many people are accepting the wrong word as the correct one. I was even becoming confused myself. I did not mean to derail.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by feedthenation(m): 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2014
The rapid development of any nation will occur as a result of effective and efficient transportation system.
Most roads - federal and states need urgent reconstruction.

So much funds have been budgeted for these roads, yet they are all very bad.

Our leaders are very wicked.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by enekentioba: 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2014
berem:
I was expecting this statement from you and you didn't fail to disappoint. Tell your paymaster to fix the federal roads in the southeast. Ndi Igbo will not continue to lose lives because of the dilapidated roads in the region.
the problem of federal roads is a national phenomenon. it is not exclusive to the South East
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Silverhawk: 4:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
They see it but doesn't bother them!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by nodullin(m): 5:18pm On Oct 10, 2014
I thought Chief Zebudaya claimed" good luck affix all ourhighways"....

Nawa oooo!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Flood: Peter Obi Visits Daudu IDP Camp In Benue State (Video, Pictures) / I Will End Sit-At-Home In Anambra From Today - Ifeanyi Ubah / Press Release: Senate Is Solidly Behind Senate President, Bukola Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.