Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,462 members, 7,864,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:49 AM

Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare (31744 Views)

Obiano Visits Failing Portion Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (Photos) / Photos Of Funny Looks In Today Reflection Of Apc Decides / Horrible Accident At Nkpor Flyover On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by anonimi: 5:20pm On Oct 10, 2014
pascyj:
Keep lying to your self.The greed of your politicians is keeping your region underdeveloped. The SE roads are terrible -that's a firsthand fact.

Is this not what I have said
Whether APC oh, PDP oh, APGA oh all of them na the same six and half a dozen.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by nodullin(m): 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
poseidon12:

Hi all. Please let us take correction; I am not aware of any word called LUDICROUS. The correct word is RIDICULOUS. This mistake has happened so many times that many people are accepting the wrong word as the correct one. I was even becoming confused myself. I did not mean to derail.

Rather than come hear to display GROSS IGNORANCE you should have used your dictionary to confirm the validity of the word 'ludicrous'...

Nitwit!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by anonimi: 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
poseidon12:

Hi all. Please let us take correction; I am not aware of any word called LUDICROUS. The correct word is RIDICULOUS. This mistake has happened so many times that many people are accepting the wrong word as the correct one. I was even becoming confused myself. I did not mean to derail.

FYI =>

ludicrous

ˈluːdɪkrəs,ˈljuː-/Submit
adjective

so foolish, unreasonable, or out of place as to be amusing.

"it's ludicrous that I have been fined"

synonyms: absurd, ridiculous, farcical, laughable, risible, preposterous, foolish, idiotic, stupid, inane, silly, asinine, nonsensical; More

From: https://www.google.ch/search?q=LUDICROUS&oq=LUDICROUS&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

I see that someone spotted the "smart" ignoramus also:

nodullin:

Rather than come hear to display GROSS IGNORANCE you should have used your dictionary to confirm the validity of the word 'ludicrous'...

Nitwit!!!!!

Pity of it is that na the guy go dey form swagger pass for im local area shocked
Shiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
enekentioba:
the problem of federal roads is a national phenomenon. it is not exclusive to the South East
national phenomenon my foot! How many times have you heard of the north lament about the state of bad roads in their region? They have nothing to lament about because they have good roads.
If its hard for you to acknowledge the fact that the virtually all the roads in the SE are in a sorry state,then am sorry I can't help cure your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by eaglechild: 6:16pm On Oct 10, 2014
berem:
national phenomenon my foot! How many times have you heard of the north lament about the state of bad roads in their region? If its hard for you to acknowledge the fact that the virtually all the roads in the SE are in a sorry state,then am sorry I can't help cure your ignorance.

Truth be told the state of the FG roads in the SE is pitiable.

However, given the the torrential rains and the soil topography of the region relative to the north as well as the larger population density and road use, you will realise the reason roads constructed in the north tend to last much longer.

What the FG needs to do is, to up the quality of roads and maintenance culture in the SE because of these peculiar challenges.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by abagoro(m): 6:17pm On Oct 10, 2014
berem:
national phenomenon my foot! How many times have you heard of the north lament about the state of bad roads in their region? If its hard for you to acknowledge the fact that the virtually all the roads in the SE are in a sorry state,then am sorry I can't help cure your ignorance.

What exactly has been my issue with the wicked Igbos? My issue with them is their attack on Rochas Okorocha while they are too weak to demand federal attention to the Southeast. Silently the Orlu/Owerri highway is at 70% completion as a dualised road done by Imo government with very little money. Most of these wicked Igbos are pretending not to notice this good deed. Every other day Olisa Metu posts pictures of Onitsha/Owerri road which this present government inherited 98% completed as Jonathans best deed for Igbos.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Luchitec(m): 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
In the past 15 years or so, the Enugu - Onitsha and Enugu - PH Expressway have been in perpetual reconstruction. The Federal Ministry of Work/FERMA corrupt engineers are actually responsible for the bad state of these two road. Why can't the Ministry/FERMA devise a new reconstruction approach since it is apparent that the seasonal swelling of the clayey sub-soil in some locations along these two road render whatever new asphalt layer placed useless during the rainy season? Of course the kick back the Minister/Ministry engineers receive from perennial maintenance contracts will prevent them from seeking a permanent solution to this mess. In my opinion, Federal Ministry of Works Zonal Coordinators, State Resident Engineers and their staff are the biggest obstacle towards having good road infrastructures in Nigeria, not the politicians. Some of the shoddy maintenance works we see yearly on these roads are actually being handled by incompetent companies fronting for Ogas -at-the-top in the Ministry.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by swezenberg(m): 6:58pm On Oct 10, 2014
What concerns GEJ with South East Roads GeJ till 20....

Suffering and smiling reloaded in 2015 till..........

Nigerians will never learn.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Olutola88(m): 7:05pm On Oct 10, 2014
poseidon12:

LMAO! Ludicrous and Ridiculous are two different words. Get a dictionary bro! It's cheap
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by ba7man(m): 7:14pm On Oct 10, 2014
......Don't forget that fuel is now more expensive and importing used vehicles has alsoo become more expensive.

Someone once asked "Why don't they (FG) increase the import duty on brand new cars instead".

Isn't that the logical thing to do??

If all what's goin on around me is the payoff for this administration ..............I'll pass. undecided
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by cut007: 7:38pm On Oct 10, 2014
I believe that, that road has been awarded. From the Onitsha head bridge down to Enugu via Awka. I think our agitation should be for government to pressure the useless contractors handling the umunya-amawbia portion of the road to sit up or have their contracts revoked. GEJ should weigh in on this issue as that road is strategic to the good people of the south east. #proudlyigbo#
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by tochstorm(m): 8:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
Video our I will remain ignorant
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by highmood(m): 8:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
I love this thread. If our media houses, individuals just as the nairalanders could direct the attention of the governments to thier various responsibilities scattered in different zones, states and localities just like this and never relent until they are done, then many places will be developed and the immigration Lagos, Abuja is experiencing will be reduced. Nice one OP.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by aklosx(m): 9:45pm On Oct 10, 2014
you can't see such portions of ROAD IN THE NORTH!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Dennyzgenius(m): 10:25pm On Oct 10, 2014
Otunbab:
Igbo governors...... Hmm, what do they actually do?
wetin ur own gov. Dae du? Instead of 2 say sumtyn reasonable, u re busy trying to knw if u cn start exchange of uncalled responses just to derail the thread. Pls bug off and comment when you have something reasonable to say...
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by mizzy007(m): 11:04pm On Oct 10, 2014
Ngige said it few months back yet dey attacked him cos he's not in d ruling party. Igbo's r being used 2 get votes, not onli enugu - onitsha road wat of d 2nd niger bridge? Xmas z around d corner,thousands wil slip on d road because of d niger bridge, try n ply enugu- port harcourt road! Yet dey went 2 lure obi into supportin him 4 2015 instead of makin him fulfil most of d promises made 2 d igbo's. Am sure after he wins d 2015 election he'll do all he cldnt do 4 d igbos in 6yrs within 4yrs. Now z d time 2 get d president fulfill his promises 2 d igbos. Most of us voted under d sun n yet we'v nt seen d fruit of our labour affectin d common man in d east!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Tex42(m): 4:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
oluseyiforjesus:
Can't find my comment again Seun wetin I do? lipsrsealed embarassed hv seen it again sorry Seun,one of my frnd told me his GF can't find her period,I tot Dats wat happen to my comment........
what are u high on?

smoking green
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Tex42(m): 4:35pm On Oct 11, 2014
egift:

Mr. Oshrish, when last did you ply that road. In most part of the road, one lane is completely un-motorable - both the tow and fro vehicles make use of the same lane. You need to see even 9th Mile.

PDP want Nigerians to be Deaf, Dumb and Blind.
And APC will make us

*hear even a pin drop

*Shout when we are supposed to speak

*See through walls. abi?

The road is bad,it is as simple as that.forget this PDP/APC thing abeg.

after all the road has been like that even before GEJ dreamt of becoming the president.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2014
We need good roads in Nigeria! Jeez! angry lipsrsealed
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by egift(m): 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2014
Tex42:
The road is bad, it is as simple as that. forget this PDP/APC thing abeg.

@Bold:
PDP want Nigerians to be deaf and blind regarding the failures of government in the discharge of its responsibilities.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Tex42(m): 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2014
egift:

@Bold:
PDP want Nigerians to be deaf and blind regarding the failures of government in the discharge of its responsibilities.
so what solution would u profer?
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by egift(m): 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2014
Tex42:
so what solution would u profer?

Simple the Road need reconstruction. And Five years is more than enough to have fixed it by the Federal Government (or at least a joint efforts of the SE Governors and collect the money later from the FG).

Now that till now the Road is still bad, ever Igbo man must demand that it be done. Not some folks telling us the tell us "the road has been bad since 'time Imo River' therefore nobody should bother Jonathan". It is wrong in every ramification.

That is my point.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Chiezugolum: 12:02am On Oct 12, 2014
we need more pictorial evidence

that is the worst road in Nigeria (except for Aba roads)

It's the Ohaneze's that is to be blamed.. Ebelemania remains the bane of the Igbo's
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Tex42(m): 12:07am On Oct 12, 2014
egift:

Simple the Road need reconstruction. And Five years is more than enough to have fixed it by the Federal Government (or at least a joint efforts of the SE Governors and collect the money later from the FG).

Now that till now the Road is still bad, ever Igbo man must demand that it be done. Not some folks telling us the tell us "the road has been bad since 'time Imo River' therefore nobody should bother Jonathan". It is wrong in every ramification.

That is my point.
though GEJ administration is doing something about the road,but not at the speed even i expected.all that is needed is to speed up work.

i just don't like it when some pple come here and criticise jona for no just cause,the man is trying and so we should cut him some slack.

i'm a jona supporter but that does not mean i don't condemn his misdeeds.

jona may not be the best,but he is a million times better than any joke APC is going to field as their candidate.
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by Fellonigerians: 9:12am On Oct 13, 2014
The Dep Senate Presido is from SE, the Dep Speaker is from SE, and the SGF, and CMoE/FMoF are from SE yet the Enugu-PH and Enugu-Onitsha expressways are in such bad shape. Sometimes I ask myself, what do the Govs do when the attend the Council meetings at Villa? In this case, do the SE Govs bring up the state of these two major roads.

The federal govt has failed (Anyim and Okonjo-Iweala included), the major representatives of the SE in the legislature have failed (Ekweremmadu and Ihedioha included), and the SE governors have failed woefully.

What should be done by the SE? The Igbos should use their tongue to count their teeth. Demand more for your so-called leaders in the region and reps at the federal level, think about changing your leaders, value your votes, make them count in every and any election, use your votes to make your leaders accountable. Remember, Power belongs to the people!!!
Re: Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare by ebukaOtika(m): 11:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
chuksmad:
There is nothing Igbos are gaining from GEJ government, yet he has the highest support of igbos. For me, i have decided to stay in my house the day of election and be watching a good movie if there is light oooo.
Just check it, Onisha - Enugu expressway, Enugu - Umuahia - Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt - Owerri, Uyo - Umuahia and Uyo - Aba express way, all in shambles and you are telling me to waste my vote on GEJ.

Me sef never get voters card both ancient And Modern

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Protesters Block Edo Government House Over Salary Arrears (photos) / Rey Siakpere Sentenced To Life In Prison For Raping And Impregnating 14-Year-Old / Tanko Rossi Sabo Donates Cash To Community, Pays School Fees For Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.