Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples (25413 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. / At The Vatican, A Shift In Tone Towards Gay And Divorce / Pagans/traditionalists What Is Your Attitude Towards The Issue Of Homosexuality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 8:59am On Oct 23, 2014
It's the Synod making people not to trust the church. People lost trust in the church via the Synod- CNN, Yahoo, BBC, etc all showed to billions of people what Pope Francis, Kasper and cohort were doing.

I have never even seen MDM on NTA Gbagada not to mention NTA International.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 11:04am On Oct 23, 2014
elampiro:
Syncan, have you paid attention to Cardinal Kasper? The man Pope Francis has chosen to drive his agenda? Did you listen to his address to open the February Consitory in preparation for the Synod and he got applauded by Pope Francis? Did you listen to his pre-Synod interviews, particularly how Pope Francis backed his proposals for change in church teachings? Did you listen to his interviews during the last Synod and his remark about African bishops and the African church? He basically was telling African bishops and church they can 'go away' if they can't take their (Kasper and cohort) proposals. When he got heavily criticized, he denied giving the interview. Then the Zenit staff who interviewed him published the audio to the shame of Walter Kasper.

Have you dug to the past of this Cardinal Walter Kasper and his theology? This man is more of an atheist. If you haven't all these materials, I can publish them for your enlightenment.

No wonder your llocution told you some will be guided by hell in the Synod.

Cardinal kersper is not the church, he is not even the Pope. He has a right to his opinion, for even in seeking to do good, one may be wrong, I cannot judge his intention. But I trust God to raise up those who will speak the truth. Is it strange for you now that the devil is found where the children of God are gathered? I thought I had told you to read scriptures. It happened in Job and in the Gospels too.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 11:08am On Oct 23, 2014
elampiro:
It's the Synod making people not to trust the church. People lost trust in the church via the Synod- CNN, Yahoo, BBC, etc all showed to billions of people what Pope Francis, Kasper and cohort were doing.

I have never even seen MDM on NTA Gbagada not to mention NTA International.

"Taboos fell at the Synod; long forbidden topics were brought up such as Communion for the divorced and remarried, celibacy and the priest shortage. Frank discussions followed. The pope himself seemed uncertain of his point of view. "None of us has a ready-made solution, because each person’s situation is different,” the pope said. “I would say that a particularly painful situation is that of those who were married in the church, but were not really believers and did so just for tradition, and then finding themselves in a new, invalid marriage, they convert, find the faith and feel excluded from the sacrament,” he said. "In response to concerns from some bishops that a section from the first draft of the message concerning divorced and civilly remarried Catholics was potentially ambiguous on the church’s teaching on marriage, the language has been revised in several places."
The Vatican official said that given the ambiguity of the concept of "homosexuality," meaning the difficulty of providing a precise definition of the term, an "absolute policy" is impossible

Do you know that the Pope mentioned here by this reporter John Allen, is the emeritus Pope Benedict XVI ? And that the synod in question is the synod of 2005 on the Eucharist? Not everything started with Pope Francis as MDM wants you to believe.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 11:50am On Oct 23, 2014
elampiro:

The choice is yours whether to listen to christian basic truth or falsity.

Yesoooo, Only the truth will set one free. The truth as revealed by God via His church, "the pillar and foundation of truth", not any false prophet like the one you follow.

2 Likes

Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 11:56am On Oct 23, 2014
elampiro:

....... And the Cardinals who have been trying to defend Pope Francis controversial interviews now confronting him after the Synod. It's the Synod. People lost trust in the church via the Synod- CNN, Yahoo, etc. Where we never saw MDM.

Listen to Bishops and Priests all around he world since the Synod.

Blame it on MDM.

If the Galatians were to behave like you, they will call Peter anti-Christ, for Paul their evangelist, had confronted Peter (Gal 2:11-14). And Paul was right while Peter wasn't right. But they listened to the Church, and the truth set them free, they were not in the bondage that you've put yourself by listening to false prophets and not the church.

1 Like

Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 4:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
Elampiro, do read the Pope's speech at the end of the synod here.

http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2014/10/18/pope_francis_speech_at_the_conclusion_of_the_synod/1108944

Do not castigate any man by hear say and rumors...yeah, and false prophesy.

2 Likes

Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 7:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
Syncan:
Elampiro, do read the Pope's speech at the end of the synod here.

http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2014/10/18/pope_francis_speech_at_the_conclusion_of_the_synod/1108944

Do not castigate any man by hear say and rumors...yeah, and false prophesy.

I have read this before. It is empty.

The gospel is clear. It's not about striking compromise between truth and falsity. A true Pope defends the truth.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2014
Syncan:

Cardinal kersper is not the church, he is not even the Pope. He has a right to his opinion, for even in seeking to do good, one may be wrong, I cannot judge his intention. But I trust God to raise up those who will speak the truth. Is it strange for you now that the devil is found where the children of God are gathered? I thought I had told you to read scriptures. It happened in Job and in the Gospels too.

Kapser told us his proposal was instigated buy Pope Francis. Pope Francis also applauded Kapser's speech proposing communion for the divorce. Francis described it as one of best form of Theology. In another interview, Pope Francis admitted being on the side of the liberals calling for reforms (change in doctrines) while stating his opposition with the traditionalists.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 7:16pm On Oct 23, 2014
Syncan:

"Taboos fell at the Synod; long forbidden topics were brought up such as Communion for the divorced and remarried, celibacy and the priest shortage. Frank discussions followed. The pope himself seemed uncertain of his point of view. "None of us has a ready-made solution, because each person’s situation is different,” the pope said. “I would say that a particularly painful situation is that of those who were married in the church, but were not really believers and did so just for tradition, and then finding themselves in a new, invalid marriage, they convert, find the faith and feel excluded from the sacrament,” he said. "In response to concerns from some bishops that a section from the first draft of the message concerning divorced and civilly remarried Catholics was potentially ambiguous on the church’s teaching on marriage, the language has been revised in several places."
The Vatican official said that given the ambiguity of the concept of "homosexuality," meaning the difficulty of providing a precise definition of the term, an "absolute policy" is impossible

Do you know that the Pope mentioned here by this reporter John Allen, is the emeritus Pope Benedict XVI ? And that the synod in question is the synod of 2005 on the Eucharist? Not everything started with Pope Francis as MDM wants you to believe.

This was another Synod I followed. Everything went well and Pope Benedict did not equivocate. He didn't at any point left anyone in doubt as to his stance on church teachings. He defended the church teachings. Whenever clarification was sought as to any statement he made, he clarified. Cardinals were at home with him.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2014
elampiro:

I have read this before. It is empty.

The gospel is clear. It's not about striking compromise between truth and falsity. A true Pope defends the truth.

Pharisee! Tell me the truth outside Jesus statement to zachaeus Lk 19:5, tell me the truth outside His statement at those who wanted to stone the woman caught in adultery Jn 8:7, tell me the truth outside He who "eats with sinners and tax collectors" Mk 2:15, and I will tell you how deep in falsehood you swim.

Its about people like you the Pope wrote about those who want "...also to transform the bread into a stone and cast it against the sinners, the weak, and the sick (cf Jn 8:7), that is, to transform it into unbearable burdens (Lk 11:46)".

Poor you.

1 Like

Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2014
Syncan:

Yesoooo, Only the truth will set one free. The truth as revealed by God via His church, "the pillar and foundation of truth", not any false prophet like the one you follow.

You have denied the bible teachings many times. You guys were here defending the controversial mid term report until I arrived here. Even when other posters were correcting you people, you were blindly defending it just because it came from Vatican. When the Cardinals stood by the truth of the scripture, you guys shut your mouths.

As for MDM, I leave you to your discernment. Jesus told us not to defend the messages. That His messages should stand on their own.

Even your locution have told you that the Church of Pope Francis will not be ready for the next world events and the church will not be formed in accordance to the Woman clothed with the Sun. Many other prophets have said same things and the fulfillment is what we witness today.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 7:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
elampiro:

Kapser told us his proposal was instigated buy Pope Francis. Pope Francis also applauded Kapser's speech proposing communion for the divorce. Francis described it as one of best form of Theology. In another interview, Pope Francis admitted being on the side of the liberals calling for reforms (change in doctrines) while stating his opposition with the traditionalists.

Any person reading this will see how obsessed you've become with condemning Pope francis, this is the effect of your sedes vacantism and MDM worship. Times without number i have given you example with peter in scriptures, but you seem to need his head on a pallet you herodias. Listen to the church!
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 7:26pm On Oct 23, 2014
Syncan:

If the Galatians were to behave like you, they will call Peter anti-Christ, for Paul their evangelist, had confronted Peter (Gal 2:11-14). And Paul was right while Peter wasn't right. But they listened to the Church, and the truth set them free, they were not in the bondage that you've put yourself by listening to false prophets and not the church.

Peter always stood on tradition.

Bergoglio 'Who am I to judge' is fighting against the church teachings and tradition. He is dismantling the church as was foretold.

Peter and Paul rebuked sin, Bergoglio told bishops and priests not to preach about sins- abortion and homosexuality.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 7:29pm On Oct 23, 2014
Syncan:

Pharisee! Tell me the truth outside Jesus statement to zachaeus Lk 19:5, tell me the truth outside His statement at those who wanted to stone the woman caught in adultery Jn 8:7, tell me the truth outside He who "eats with sinners and tax collectors" Mk 2:15, and I will tell you how deep in falsehood you swim.

Its about people like you the Pope wrote about those who want "...also to transform the bread into a stone and cast it against the sinners, the weak, and the sick (cf Jn 8:7), that is, to transform it into unbearable burdens (Lk 11:46)".

Poor you.

Did you ever read that Jesus told the adulterous woman to go and sin no more?

Jesus converted the sinners. He didn't accept people living in sinful lifestyle to continue living in sinful lifestyle. Jesus did not condone such.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 7:31pm On Oct 23, 2014
elampiro:

This was another Synod I followed. Everything went well and Pope Benedict did not equivocate. He didn't at any point left anyone in doubt as to his stance on church teachings. He defended the church teachings. Whenever clarification was sought as to any statement he made, he clarified. Cardinals were at home with him.

I refrain from joining you in analyzing Popes the way you're going, so I'll rather leave you to your ignorance...or outright lie.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 7:32pm On Oct 23, 2014
Syncan:

Any person reading this will see how obsessed you've become with condemning Pope francis, this is the effect of your sedes vacantism and MDM worship. Times without number i have given you example with peter in scriptures, but you seem to need his head on a pallet you herodias. Listen to the church!

I can never listen to any Pope (Francis) telling the bishops to stop preaching about homosexuality and abortion. I can't listen to a Pope who clearly wants to change the teachings of the church. I can't listen to a Pope who refused to condemn sin.

Pope Francis in his 18 months rule has never condemned homosexuality. Instead he clearly wants to change the church teaching on it.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 7:34pm On Oct 23, 2014
Syncan:

I refrain from joining you in analyzing Popes the way you're going, so I'll rather leave you to your ignorance...or outright lie.

Pope Benedict issued a clear statement defending the church teaching on homosexuality.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 7:36pm On Oct 23, 2014
elampiro:

Peter always stood on tradition.

Bergoglio 'Who am I to judge' is fighting against the church teachings and tradition. He is dismantling the church as was foretold.

Peter and Paul rebuked sin, Bergoglio told bishops and priests not to preach about sins- abortion and homosexuality.

Lies Lies Lies. "As was foretold" false prophets...I said they'll drive you crazy. The synod has ended, the church still standing by her teachings. Shame on MDM and her followers. There isn't anything else to hold on to except lies.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 7:37pm On Oct 23, 2014
elampiro:

I can never listen to any Pope (Francis) telling the bishops to stop preaching about homosexuality and abortion. I can't listen to a Pope who clearly wants to change the teachings of the church. I can't listen to a Pope who refused to condemn sin.

Pope Francis in his 18 months rule has never condemned homosexuality. Instead he clearly wants to change the church teaching on it.

At this point I will ask you to quote the Church teaching on homosexuality.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 7:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
elampiro:

Pope Benedict issued a clear statement defending the church teaching on homosexuality.

I maintain, I will not join you in your ignominious past time.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 7:42pm On Oct 23, 2014
Syncan:

Lies Lies Lies. "As was foretold" false prophets...I said they'll drive you crazy. The synod has ended, the church still standing by her teachings. Shame on MDM and her followers. There isn't anything else to hold on to except lies.

Are you an illiterate? The Synod has not ended. The midterm Synod ended, there will be a larger Synod (ordinary Synod) next year where the Issue of homosexuality, communion for the divorce and cohabitation will be finalized as instructed by Bergoglio. According to Synod rule, the three controversial issues which did not pass super majority ought to have being deleted and the Pope issued his defence on them, but Pope Francis vetoed them into next year Synod. Now the liberals are already boasting for a revolution.

It's a shame to Bergoglio. He is dragging the church in the mud in matters the scripture is clear about.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 7:44pm On Oct 23, 2014
elampiro:

Did you ever read that Jesus told the adulterous woman to go and sin no more?

Jesus converted the sinners. He didn't accept people living in sinful lifestyle to continue living in sinful lifestyle. Jesus did not condone such.

You need to be ashamed of yourself if you did not know that before Jesus said "go and sin no more", he first said "neither will I condemn you". That's what Pope Francis is doing, but no, you a pharisee will say " he eats with sinners and tax collectors".

2 Likes

Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 7:46pm On Oct 23, 2014
Syncan:

The church did not say people can join the church and keep practicing their gayism. The Cardinals reiterated this, and even Cardinal Burke the head of Canon Law court, said what those manipulating the Synod (Francis, Kasper and cohort) prop0sed are against the church teachings.

Use your brain man. If the church teaching welcomed gay act, why is their a Synod to re welcome it? Mr. Man, the church is against homosexual acts 100%.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 7:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
elampiro:

Are you an illiterate? The Synod has not ended. The midterm Synod ended, there will be a larger Synod (ordinary Synod) next year where the Issue of homosexuality, communion for the divorce and cohabitation will be finalized as instructed by Bergoglio. According to Synod rule, the three controversial issues which did not pass super majority ought to have being deleted and the Pope issued his defence on them, but Pope Francis vetoed them into next year Synod. Now the liberals are already boasting for a revolution.

It's a shame to Bergoglio. He is dragging the church in the mud in matters the scripture is clear about.

Hahahaha, now he is shifting to the general synod. He has lost all sense of decency to know that the Holy Spirit that ensured the church is marching on mid way, will see it to the end. Oh man of no faith. Now he is claiming synod rule which he cannot prove. Lies Lies Lies.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 7:49pm On Oct 23, 2014
Syncan:

elampiro:

The church did not say people can join the church and keep practicing their gayism. The Cardinals reiterated this, and even Cardinal Burke the head of Canon Law court, said what those manipulating the Synod (Francis, Kasper and cohort) prop0sed are against the church teachings.

Use your brain man. If the church teaching welcomed gay act, why is their a Synod to re welcome it? Mr. Man, the church is against homosexual acts 100%.

bla bla bla... What is the Church teaching on homosexuality?
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 7:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
Syncan:

I maintain, I will not join you in your ignominious past time.

You have nothing to say.

Pope JP 2 ruled for 25 years, I did not hear any controversial issue on morals. Benedict did not set Cardinals against Cardinals in his 7 years rule, he always clarified any prior ambiguity. Francis has only ruled for 18 months and he is already on record to be the worst Pope in the church's history.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
Syncan:

bla bla bla... What is the Church teaching on homosexuality?

The church is against homosexuality. The bible is against homosexuality. I don't know which church you attend. Are you an homo? What is you interest in this? grin
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
elampiro:

You have nothing to say.

Pope Benedict ruled for 25 years, I did not hear any controversial issue on morals. Benedict did not set Cardinals against Cardinals, he always clarified any prior ambiguity. Francis has only ruled for 18 months and he is already on record to be the worst Pope in the church's history.

Your lies are becoming embarrassing.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 7:54pm On Oct 23, 2014
elampiro:

The church is against homosexuality. The bible is against homosexuality. I don't know which church you attend. Are you an homo? What is you interest in this? grin

Elampiro. What is the Church teaching on homosexuality? My interest is to expose lies and let the truth be known.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 7:54pm On Oct 23, 2014
Syncan:

Hahahaha, now he is shifting to the general synod. He has lost all sense of decency to know that the Holy Spirit that ensured the church is marching on mid way, will see it to the end. Oh man of no faith. Now he is claiming synod rule which he cannot prove. Lies Lies Lies.

This is why I said you are an illiterate. Pope Francis said in an interview just before the Synod that the world should not expect any changes in this Synod. That this was an initial push (for his agenda).
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by elampiro(m): 7:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
Syncan:

Your lies are becoming embarrassing.

You should know that was John Paul II.
Re: Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples by Syncan(m): 7:58pm On Oct 23, 2014
elampiro:

This is why I said you are an illiterate. Pope Francis said in an interview just before the Synod that the world should not expect any changes in this Synod. That this was an initial push (for his agenda).

Pope francis said...., somebody said pope francis said...all grapevine news and hear say. I gave Pope francis Speech at the close of the synod, authentic, official. yet you refuse to see anything there...too blinded to see i fear....but you hold on to he said in one interview, and he said in a telephone conversation....you're long gone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fake Miracle: Should I Accept This Bribe To Do This Evil? / Apostle Suleman Donates €2000 To Great Ormond Hospital, UK (Pics) / Checkout My Christmas Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.