Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,381 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? (7180 Views)

What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? / Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... / What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by jgirl3: 4:43am On Nov 18, 2008
I agree.
I think dating online or via phone is a lot of fun.
But because most naija guys are wolves in sheep's clothing, you don't really get to know them online unless they act like their actual selves
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by LoveAlways(f): 4:56am On Nov 18, 2008
I'm not very fond of online dating, I prefer meeting people face to face (not from the internet). It's just a quirk of mine. But I know that some people meet on the internet and develop long lasting relationships, it's just not for me.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by revfather2: 7:45am On Nov 18, 2008
pls stop dating and get marry, the Rev Father is here to wed you people ok.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by fender(m): 8:15am On Nov 18, 2008
Meen, i ve once dated online and when i got to see her, she wasn't a sight to behold. she was always callin sendin text msges thinking she had gotten
a boyfrend. i was so ashamed of mysef and vowed never to try it again.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by revfather2: 8:50am On Nov 18, 2008
that's why you need your own wife instead of running from pillar to pole calling, making text messages and travelling even spending money and time for unprofitable women transaction.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by sexyLeamon(f): 9:14am On Nov 18, 2008
rev_father:

please stop dating and get marry, the Rev Father is here to wed you people ok.
lol rev father @topic good for those who want to no for me

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by ochiaha1(m): 10:11am On Nov 18, 2008
There is nothing wrong with online dating because we live in the information age where people meet on the information superhighway to share ideas and make friends. cool

The downside to internet dating is that some of our ladies use caucasian pictures on their profiles or borrow some pictures from their born-with-a-silver-spoon-friends and paste them on their profiles. When you actually meeet these ladies, you will find out that they are the exact opposite of whom their profiles paint them to be grin grin

However, Internet dating is okay if you are careful about it; I know of a couple who met over the internet and are now happily married. A white American lady friend I met on myspace.com is actually happily married to a Nigerian whom she met over the net, then she came to Nigeria to meet him and his family and then she hepled get into the Unites states where they currently residesmiley
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by omofola(f): 10:54am On Nov 18, 2008
there is absolutely nothing wrong with online dating,its more realistic,because you get to know each other very well before meeting physically and you would have both known what you really want from each other before moving on to the next stage,a friend of mine met his fiancee through online dating and they are getting married early next year.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by jimbojones: 11:12am On Nov 18, 2008
I think it is getting safer now and more acceptable around the world. Like most people on here are saying you just have to be careful like real life. For the person who asked for a link there is this really cool Nigeria dating site called alarena.com. You can check it out at www.alarena.com.
The people there seem serious.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by gafunky77(m): 11:25am On Nov 18, 2008
@ Poster . Nothin do you, dating online via internet or mobile is no sin. U may visit www.mxit.com for more of your mobile social networking travails. c whats on @ http://forum.mxit.com/nig to see how it relates to you in Naija. Or visit http://forum.mxit.com , search on the top right corner for the Nigerain flag and click on it if the previous link does not help. If you're facebook, u may seach for the group "MXit naija pals" and hop in. You may join the group "MXit Music" as well if music is your game.

@ Other contributors on this thread, you're most welcome aboard. Lets take our social networking to the next level,

Exit the ordinary, Join the evolution,

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by Makavelis(m): 11:25am On Nov 18, 2008
if u're on it then its either u are a retard, u're not bold enough 2 meet real peeps or u can't find them, u're too lonely grin got a broken heart, u can't socialize in real life grin :-)grin or the favourite : lookin for sum fun grin grin lol grin grin don't get mad, am just kiddin lol
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by Dbaby4: 11:43am On Nov 18, 2008
There is nothing wrong, just that you maybe dating a mammywater and you wont know it since u dont c d person grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by Pennywise(m): 11:55am On Nov 18, 2008
Online dating makes more sense. No point raking up phone bills over food you fit not chop.But beware peeps can dump viruses and all kinds of things on you (the kind condom cant help with) before you even lay a finger on her.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by MrCrackles(m): 11:59am On Nov 18, 2008
If it is going to lead somewhere then i dont see anything wrong in it

but for the kicks or fun of it, nah, no point in fannying about!!
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by fleshbone(m): 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2008
hey i just started browsing with my mtn line this afternoon and its working very fine you guys can try it too. if you have any problem call 08034377446. and i will help you rectify the problem. hurry before it is over
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by vislabraye(m): 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2008
Nothing is wrong getting to know or meet someone through the phone. I don't want to use the word dating, cos it means deeper than that. There can't be a relationship just on phone- never. You can't peck or smooch, so it doesnt make sence. The most important thing is to meet the person face 2 face
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by bilms(m): 1:31pm On Nov 18, 2008
its fun hearing people's view on this topic.

u can still send more reply
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by 2tait: 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2008
what then is dating, if not to date someone.
And so whether u date online, offline, via phone or even via text, or the real thing ; dating is dating.
The only difference is the approach. When you date someone you do not see or you have not seen,
you may be dating someone you may not want to date.

www.wetindeyforum.com
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by xtan(m): 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2008
nothings wrong with that but u might end up with my granny cry
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by kumbalo(m): 5:23pm On Nov 18, 2008
online friendship is cool but dating is nonsense, imaging a gut dating a Guy in disguise
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by mykali(m): 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2008
there's this chic i ''met'' on glo Africhat, and we've been talking for 5 months. but i haven't been able to get a picture of her in my head. she does not want to send me her pic thru mms and she says she's not an internet freak and the last time she checked her e.mail was 8 months ago from today. i'm scared of such kind of people bcuz when u finally get to se them in person, it turns out to be a nytemare.

but internet/phone dating is good maybe if u need company or som'n like that.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by Gamine(f): 8:06pm On Nov 18, 2008
hmm this mara.

Well lemme say my own Experience.

We met Online on a Forum, checked out our Hi5, Facebook, etc
We chatted alot, then exchanged phone numbers
called alot, spent close to 6hours each time on the phone
He was in the UK, sha

i constantly Hounded him about when he was going to come over
It was Fun, but i never really saw it as a "Date", theres nothing like a persons presence.
i told him, when he comes, we would make it official.

So,

After about a year, He came to Nigeria
by now, i felt i knew him pretty well, he seemed well to do and all,
so i was really excited, before he came over, he had sent me a gift from the UK sha.

This was during Summer,

So he came to my house, he had talked about his folks having some really good cars . . . . .
but I saw that he came with a Taxi, and he was thinner and not as freah as i saw in his pictures

ok, my disappointment levels started to rise, he explained that hes mum had them locked in the garage or something funny like that
We went out to popular joint and he kept saying that he hadnt changed most of his Pounds into Naira
So i ended up paying for the outing, he only payed for the cabs angry

When i suggested we go to his house, he said No, that something something something, ok o, i thought.
i didnt find it funny, his whole demeanor was irritating, there was this arrogant air about him, not confidence
more like a complex issue, i didnt think he looked any how to be proud about, His Polo shirt was well worn
and the jeans, quite dirty.

i couldnt believe it was the same dude, i had LOVED online and on the phone

CHEI!!

when i got home that day, i just knew it was the end
Though we hung out a couple of times, i knew
we could never pass Friendship levels.

He is back in the UK and we still chat from time to time

BOTTOMLINE: There is nothing like Presence and physical interaction

be careful, there are so many people i wish i kept as online friends
because meeting them, just wasnt worth the stress of stepping out of my house gate

kai!

Wa nene ke da tambaya?

wa nene bai gane ba? cheesy

[size=2pt]Im joking sha, i just love stories, i know some people will carry this and run with it, hehehehe[/size]
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by Makavelis(m): 8:08pm On Nov 18, 2008
@mykali the girl is probably ugly grin so she can't send her pix grin and she is dumb too grin she can't find someones pix to send to u grin lol
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by sillyboy(m): 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2008
Though, I have never had an online relationship. . . . but I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with it as long as the two persons involved are honest and down to earth as much as possible.

Exchange of pictures and videos from time to time is necessary and phone conversation is a must. Somehow . . . I can tell a lot about a person by listening to 'em.

Bottom line. . . . HONESTY. cool
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by sojioguns(m): 9:44pm On Nov 18, 2008
@ poster, YOU REALLY DO NOT HAVE TO SEEK APPROVAL TO DO SOME THINGS IN LIFE. "IF YOU LOOK TOO LONG BEFORE YOU LEAP, YOU WON'T LEAP AT ALL".
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by vronnie(f): 11:07pm On Nov 18, 2008
nothing is wrong with dating online,I did it myself we talked online as friends at first we continued to live our lives I was dating someone else and so was he then we both ended up becomming single and agreed to do a meet and greet .he met me at my job when i was getting off we talked for awhile and then went our seperate ways and we continued to talk on the internet and cell phone.then he called me one eveing on my way to dinner and asked me to come meet him for dinner I did now he is my husband of almost 3yrs from start to finnish.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 18, 2008
I met the woman I am in love with online. I am proud to say that. We both knew what we wanted, and were fed up with crap
from previous relationships, and wanted it to work, so we worked at it. We were totally and brutally honest with each other, down to earth, talking everyday online, and via telephone. Exchanging pics, and all, and some others. I got to know her even more than women I had met conventionally. I haven't known any woman the way I know her.
At least we were able to talk and know each other and date, because maybe if we had met conventionally, all I might have been thinking of was the physical side,
, I wont go into details, but we are still together. I'm saying this so you know that at times, to get what you have never gotten, you have to do what you have never done. You never know which medium God will use to bless you. So follow your heart.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by ogbongzky(m): 3:03am On Nov 19, 2008
nothing is wrong wt dating online but u just dont have to rely on it for something serious, i enjoyed it much when hi5 was still hot, hmnn, enough of SOJI babes then, u know, send chedars, meet somewhere.have fun and end your contract, lol grin
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by Tapiya(m): 5:21am On Nov 19, 2008
Gamine:

hmm this mara.

Well let me say my own Experience.

He was in the UK, sha

It was Fun, but i never really saw it as a "Date", theres nothing like a persons presence.

So,

so i was really excited, before he came over, he had sent me a gift from the UK sha.

This was during Summer,

So he came to my house, he had talked about his folks having some really good cars . . . . .
but I saw that he came with a Taxi, and he was thinner and not as freah as i saw in his pictures

ok, my disappointment levels started to rise, he explained that hes mum had them locked in the garage or something funny like that
We went out to popular joint and he kept saying that he hadnt changed most of his Pounds into Naira

When i suggested we go to his house, he said No, that something something something, ok o, i thought.
i didnt find it funny, his whole demeanor was irritating, there was this arrogant air about him, not confidence
more like a complex issue, i didnt think he looked any how to be proud about, His Polo shirt was well worn

CHEI!!

because meeting them, just wasnt worth the stress of stepping out of my house gate

kai!

Wa nene ke da tambaya?

[size=2pt]I'm joking sha, i just love stories, i know some people will carry this and run with it, hehehehe[/size]

To ga nawa Maganan.

Sometimes the girls make the expirience not worth the try, you meet this babe online then the next time you call her she tells you shes in school and that shes broke, she wants a recharge card, and you do it as a Gentleman next thing shes turning you to a meal ticket and the possibily of meeting her wears out by the day cos she will admit she could come see you but you will need to send some money for her fare.

thats the problem sometimes with the online thing, if only girls will learn to be reasonable.

Kin Gane Ko?

Ko kuma da magana ne?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by tRoOE(f): 5:28am On Nov 19, 2008
Gamine:

hmm this mara.

Well let me say my own Experience.

He was in the UK, sha

So,

This was during Summer,

CHEI!!

kai!

Wa nene ke da tambaya?

[size=2pt]I'm joking sha, i just love stories, i know some people will carry this and run with it, hehehehe[/size]

[size=13pt]ROTFLMFAO grin grin grin

That was quite an experience  grin grin
[/size]
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by Aiyegoro(m): 5:35am On Nov 19, 2008
on line dates
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Dating Online Or Via Phone? by favcom(m): 10:27am On Nov 19, 2008
@ topic wink
I naturally didn't believe in this, until I started one early this year. It's been fun tho, and we're planning big things together
if you know what i mean cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guys What Will You Do?[photo](must See) / Help,i Just Did Something Bad To A Lady And I Feel Guilty!UPDATED / I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.