Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,643 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) (5281 Views)

21 Embarrassing Things That Happen To Girls With Big Boobs / 21 Things Girls Like To See When They Visit A Guy’s Place For The First Time / 21 Things Girls Like To See When They Visit A Guy’s Place For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by joyjoomla(m): 8:39am On Oct 15, 2014
Really, adult sleepovers are infinitely better than the ones from your childhood, but they do come with their own set of challenges.
Whether this is a casual hookup or someone you've
been seeing for a while, the first night together can be equal parts exciting and awkward—and we're not even talking about the sex. Don't believe us? What about these weird, uncomfortable, and kind of hilarious things that always happen the first time you sleep at a new guy's place:

You pretend you'll go home even though you have no intention of going home.
Who are you kidding—it's 1 a.m. and
you know you're interested in at least some kissing and cuddling. Don't lie, you're definitely staying over.

Brushing your teeth is kind of a stealth mission.
You're being sneaky for one of two reasons. Option one: You don't have a toothbrush so you desperately search for mouthwash and finally
settle on toothpaste and your finger. Ugh. Option two: You did stash a toothbrush in your purse, but you don't want to look presumptuous.

He offers you clothes to sleep in—and they look ridiculous.
This has so much potential to be adorable (i.e. you looking sexy in his oversized button down). But the reality is that you'll probably get his ratty college t-shirt and basketball shorts that make you look like Vanilla Ice. This is not the look you were going for tonight.

You have a serious inner turmoil about whether or not to wash your face.
You know you should, but without your trusty eye makeup remover things could get raccoon-like fast. Plus, you're so comfortable snuggling right now and you really don't want to ruin the moment.

You're not sure which side of the bed is his.
Well, you're aguest, so technically they should let you sleep where you want.
But hey, if you're both strictly left-side-of-the-bed people, it's probably better to know sooner rather than later. These are the things that deal breakers are made of.

Time to pass out—do we stay in this snuggly spooning position or retreat to our own sides? Forget orgasm issues, this is the most confusing part of sleeping with someone new. If one of you is a cuddly sleeper while the other needs at least six inches of space, this could get weird.

OMG is he snoring?
Do you find it endearing or annoying? On the upside, this is also one of those surefire ways to figure out how you feel about a person.

You wake up and hope that the sleep gods have graced you with sexy bedhead. Hm, not exactly. Your hair is a mess, you have pillow creases on your face, and you can smell your own morning breath. Meanwhile he looks exactly the same. So yeah, life's not really fair.

You're heading home—and you don't have another outfit.
Your look was amazing last night, but we're willing to bet your sparkly LBD won't look as flawless the next morning. Plus, it's 10 a.m. and your barista is going to know you didn't go home last night if you walk in there like this. Your other option is rocking the Vanilla Ice look you currently have going on and
returning his clothes another time. Decisions, decisions.

Are they really THE TRUTH.........? Hhaahahahahahahaha baby, I got you 100%[color=#990000]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by joyjoomla(m): 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
Uhm
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by mirexxx(f): 12:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
okay
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
mirexxx:
buh,av neva slpt over in a guys place b4.hw wud i know all dis?

By reading the article. How ironic that we all knew before your post that you had never slept over in a guys place b4.

2 Likes

Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by dagentility(f): 1:58pm On Oct 15, 2014
Nice write up,but u should have at least numbered it.
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 15, 2014

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by armadeo(m): 4:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
^^^^^ lol
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by rutibaby(f): 5:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
How do we know there are nine things that happen, when u didn't number them.

It's just scattered. Pls, next time number them. Thanks.

U are a prof. at this oh.
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by rutibaby(f): 5:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
How do we know there are nine things that happen, when u didn't number them.

It's just scattered. Pls, next time number them. Thanks.

U are a prof. at this oh.

Kudos.

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by drprim(m): 5:09pm On Oct 15, 2014
MTN data bundle 1Gb for 1000 naira. Interesting friends should contact me on 07030797577.
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ok so they should start sleeping around or what undecided
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by inositol88(m): 5:48pm On Oct 15, 2014
joyjoomla:
Really, adult sleepovers are infinitely better than the ones from your childhood, but they do come with their own set of challenges.
Whether this is a casual hookup or someone you've
been seeing for a while, the first night together can be equal parts exciting and awkward—and we're not even talking about the sex. Don't believe us? What about these weird, uncomfortable, and kind of hilarious things that always happen the first time you sleep at a new guy's place:

You pretend you'll go home even though you have no intention of going home.
Who are you kidding—it's 1 a.m. and
you know you're interested in at least some kissing and cuddling. Don't lie, you're definitely staying over.

Brushing your teeth is kind of a stealth mission.
You're being sneaky for one of two reasons. Option one: You don't have a toothbrush so you desperately search for mouthwash and finally
settle on toothpaste and your finger. Ugh. Option two: You did stash a toothbrush in your purse, but you don't want to look presumptuous.

He offers you clothes to sleep in—and they look ridiculous.
This has so much potential to be adorable (i.e. you looking sexy in his oversized button down). But the reality is that you'll probably get his ratty college t-shirt and basketball shorts that make you look like Vanilla Ice. This is not the look you were going for tonight.

You have a serious inner turmoil about whether or not to wash your face.
You know you should, but without your trusty eye makeup remover things could get raccoon-like fast. Plus, you're so comfortable snuggling right now and you really don't want to ruin the moment.

You're not sure which side of the bed is his.
Well, you're aguest, so technically they should let you sleep where you want.
But hey, if you're both strictly left-side-of-the-bed people, it's probably better to know sooner rather than later. These are the things that deal breakers are made of.

Time to pass out—do we stay in this snuggly spooning position or retreat to our own sides? Forget orgasm issues, this is the most confusing part of sleeping with someone new. If one of you is a cuddly sleeper while the other needs at least six inches of space, this could get weird.

OMG is he snoring?
Do you find it endearing or annoying? On the upside, this is also one of those surefire ways to figure out how you feel about a person.

You wake up and hope that the sleep gods have graced you with sexy bedhead. Hm, not exactly. Your hair is a mess, you have pillow creases on your face, and you can smell your own morning breath. Meanwhile he looks exactly the same. So yeah, life's not really fair.

You're heading home—and you don't have another outfit.
Your look was amazing last night, but we're willing to bet your sparkly LBD won't look as flawless the next morning. Plus, it's 10 a.m. and your barista is going to know you didn't go home last night if you walk in there like this. Your other option is rocking the Vanilla Ice look you currently have going on and
returning his clothes another time. Decisions, decisions.

Are they really THE TRUTH.........? Hhaahahahahahahaha baby, I got you 100%[color=#990000]

WAO! SHE IS ACTUALLY SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE U KNOW!
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
True 4 sum points. Op ur english tho....its gud. Jst number ur points
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by Henrypraise: 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2014
Wat abt weda make she shiit 4 ur huz abi make she no shiit? Wat abt farting? Girl go stay huz wit u 3 days n she no fart, women una can hide tins.....
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by drnoel: 9:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
mirexxx:
liar!!!!

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by mirexxx(f): 9:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
drnoel:

liar!!!!
I HAVE NEVER don't that before. so shut up! do u know me? cos uv had countless girls spending nyts wit u,u think am also lyk DAT?? ur an idiot 4 calling me a liar!
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 15, 2014
mirexxx:
I HAVE NEVER don't that before. so shut up! do u know me? cos uv had countless girls spending nyts wit u,u think am also lyk DAT?? ur an idiot 4 calling me a liar!
dont be angry, bt the odds are that u wud do it 1 day.
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by WIZGUY69(m): 11:22pm On Oct 15, 2014
[size=24]gaskiya.
I don't understand.[/size]
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by mirexxx(f): 11:57pm On Oct 15, 2014
Datwatersideboy:
dont be angry, bt the odds are that u wud do it 1 day.
k
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by pryncemautin: 1:41am On Oct 16, 2014
How is this my business?
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by Emmysteve(m): 3:04am On Oct 16, 2014
mirexxx:
Ah Amarachi!! Why you too like to dey lie? That nite nko?
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by drnoel: 5:18am On Oct 16, 2014
mirexxx:

Liar alert. It was there in ur writings to know.
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by mirexxx(f): 9:37am On Oct 16, 2014
drnoel:

Liar alert. It was there in ur writings to know.
it sounded dt way 2 u cos i wrote it so. am not scared of u so y shud i lie? I dey fear u?
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by mirexxx(f): 9:40am On Oct 16, 2014
Emmysteve:
Ah Amarachi!! Why you too like to dey lie? That nite nko?
wey u catch ur sister 4 ur friends house ba? u only know ur own,u don't know me. stop misbehaving! and mind ur business
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by joyjoomla(m): 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2014
Does numbering really matters, or the message.
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by drnoel: 2:57pm On Oct 16, 2014
mirexxx:
it sounded dt way 2 u cos i wrote it so. am not scared of u so y shud i lie? I dey fear u?

Who knows wetin u dey fear. It's not in me to ask those kind of questions so I go pass that one. But next time try not to mislead. Or NL'ERS would conclude otherwise.
Re: The First Time You Sleep At A New Guy's Place (9 things that happen) by nellyelitz(m): 3:14pm On Oct 16, 2014
mirexxx:
super story becons grin

(1) (Reply)

Need Some Advice (from Someone In Pains) / Omg!!! Naija Runs Girl Who Looks Like Nicky Minaj Shares B'a'd Photos On Ig / See Photo Of My First Girl Friend And How It Ended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.