Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,234 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

8 Tips To Plan The Perfect Marriage Proposal - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Tips To Plan The Perfect Marriage Proposal (1386 Views)

Love Or Others; What Makes A 'perfect' Marriage/relationship To You / Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Tips To Plan The Perfect Marriage Proposal by mitchyy(f): 4:24pm On Oct 15, 2014

Written by GISTville

Most men have a general idea of how to propose: buy a lovely ring, get down on one knee and pop the question. But e don pass like that. With trending over-the-top weddings and high expectations, those three steps aren’t always enough to knock her off her feet.

Remember that, while the wedding day is all about the bride, the proposal is the groom’s time to shine. There are tricks and tips to ensure you have the perfect wedding proposal and i hope this helps.

1. Keep things to yourself: This is the first and most basic tip. The simple truth is, the more people you talk to about the upcoming proposal, the more likely it is that there’ll be a Judas among them. Some might unintentionally let it slip and your whole idea is botched. Only entrust your surprise to friends who can keep a secret.

2. Find out what kind of engagement rings she likes: I know how tough this is. It took a friend more than a month to finally decide on the kind of ring to get his fiancée. It’s probably one of the hardest steps, but one way you can get around this is to try to pick up hints from her about her taste and what she fancies in engagement rings. Remember to do this discreetly without letting the cat out of the bag. Check out the kind of jewelry she wears, or pay attention when she talks about someone else’s engagement ring. If she has a best friend or sister, you could consult her to help you find an appropriate engagement ring.

3. Surprise her by having family and/or friends share in this moment: They could either be right there with you or if you’ll want an exclusive romantic proposal, you secretly arrange to have your friends hidden far away from both of you, but nearby enough. Make sure you all agree on a sign for them to appear. Immediately after popping the question and she says “Yes,”, make the sign and let them come in for the Uhhhs and Ahhhs and of course the congratulations. This way, you get your treasured intimate moment alone and also have your favourite people share in your happiness afterwards. So it’s a win-win.

4. Hire a professional photographer or use a friend: This is one major mistake grooms make and i don’t want to catch any gistville reader falling victim. They get so engrossed with the planning that they forget this precious never-to-be-repeated moment needs to be captured perfectly. Don’t ever ever forget to document your proposal — smartphones, flipcams, whatever it takes. To save cost, borrow a friend’s good quality camera and have an expert photographer among the attendees capture the moments. Ensure the photographer knows how to capture the light, how to make your setting look more magical, and how to get the perfect priceless shot of that look on her face when she realizes it’s a proposal. Your proposal moments are way too important to risk losing via dead camera batteries. Trust me, you’ll be glad you did and so will she.

5. Don’t forget good ol’ music: I guess almost every man knows this already. What’s a wedding proposal without a song? I don’t mean the Donjazzy and Phyno kind of songs. Hell, no. Plan to have a romantic song that is meaningful to both of you. You can stylishly ask her and then plan to have the sweet tune playing in the background. It adds more romance to your proposal. And yes, it doesn’t matter where you plan the proposal, draw her close and engage her in a slow dance after the proposal. Its sure to last forever in her memory.

6. Get her some flowers: Flowers are not as expensive as they used to be. You can easily get a single rose for N1000 at your local supermall. But if you’re big on budget, give her a surprise proposal bouquet.

7. Propose earlier in the evening: Instead of proposing at the end of the night, start off very early in the evening or late afternoon so you both can enjoy an evening filled with events that you’ve planned. Another plus is, she gets an entire night of showing off that engagement ring rather than having to wait till the next day.

8. Speak from the heart: The words you say is what makes your proposal special and unique. Don’t read word for word from a written speech or she might be wondering if you only googled the words. Tell her what you love about her, tell her what your friends say about her and what you want to share with her in your future together. Don’t lose that connection of looking into her eyes. Speak slowly, and if you shed some tears, that just makes it all even more unforgettable. But be sure the tears do not make you choke on your words.

Remember to give your testimony in the comment section below if this is helpful. Happy Proposing! Lol

Photo Credit: Bridal Guide, Rebecca Yale Portraits for The Heart Bandits

SOURCE: http://gistville.com/2014/10/8-tips-plan-perfect-marriage-proposal/
Re: 8 Tips To Plan The Perfect Marriage Proposal by mitchyy(f): 4:26pm On Oct 15, 2014
Copy-paste my article on your blog without proper credits and i'll linda-ikeji you angry
Re: 8 Tips To Plan The Perfect Marriage Proposal by elmoduddah: 6:47pm On Oct 18, 2014
Will naija men read and learn?
Re: 8 Tips To Plan The Perfect Marriage Proposal by mitchyy(f): 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2014
elmoduddah:
Naija men, read and learn o

Naija men are trying in this aspect smiley
Re: 8 Tips To Plan The Perfect Marriage Proposal by Samantha37(f): 2:40pm On Nov 17, 2014
Re: 8 Tips To Plan The Perfect Marriage Proposal by Harvardhook098: 8:56am On Oct 14, 2021
God bless you Dr Isedu for being a sincere and great man, Dr Isedu help me to get my husband back with his powerful love spell, thank you for saving my marriage, Am so excited sharing this testimony, you can contact him if you have any problem Instagram_handle @drisedu_0 and he is going to get a solution to you problem. WhatsApp +2349051208634

Email: driseduspellcaster0@gmail.com
Re: 8 Tips To Plan The Perfect Marriage Proposal by Harvardhook098: 12:26pm On Oct 15, 2021
God bless you Dr Isedu for being a sincere and great man, Dr Isedu help me to get my husband back with his powerful love spell, thank you for saving my marriage, Am so excited sharing this testimony, you can contact him if you have any problem instagram_handle @drisedu_0 and he is going to get a solution to you problem WhatsApp +2349051208634

Email: driseduspellcaster0@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

What's To Tell / . / Best Way To Deal With Your Ungrateful GF Or Ex This Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.