Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,535 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Deceitful Couple - Literature (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Deceitful Couple (637463 Views)

Communicators League / DECEITFUL-TRUTH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deceitful Couple by queenxey(f): 2:54pm On Jun 18, 2015
God bless you TiffanyJ!!!
Re: Deceitful Couple by seunviju(f): 4:21pm On Jun 18, 2015
This Mich never know what marriage entails,you go learn tipatipa. Thanks for the update Tiffany
Re: Deceitful Couple by Ephhay(f): 8:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
Great Update Tiffany j
Re: Deceitful Couple by Adegokedamisky(f): 11:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
Tanks 4 d update tiff
Re: Deceitful Couple by Omololamide(f): 11:45pm On Jun 18, 2015
Hmmmmmmm, hmmmmmmm
Re: Deceitful Couple by onosj(f): 12:42am On Jun 19, 2015
Wetin dey worry Tara self she nor go move on. As 4 u Mich there's different between relationship nd marriage get that into ur head. Tiffanyj more creativity.
Re: Deceitful Couple by Shebarh(f): 7:18am On Jun 19, 2015
tiff today is Friday o...r u sure u can finish dis work bfor tmw
Re: Deceitful Couple by TiffanyJ(f): 7:42am On Jun 19, 2015
Mich stayed long in the bathroom, waiting for Joel to come in search of her. She had heard when he entered the room but she wondered why he had not yet come seeking for her. She got tired of waiting and decided to go find out for herself. she left the bathroom, unclad and walked into her room. There he was, going through her things.
'Hi', she said in her most seductive voice.
'How are you doing today?'
'I am doing great', she answered and went to stand in his front. She looked intently at him, expecting him to start trembling in lust. But her husband just smile at her.
'Get dressed Mich, we are going home'
'You said next week'
'I changed my mind'
'Why are you going through my things?'
'I am helping you pack'
'Joel, I missed you'
'Okay'
'Let's make love'
'I don't have time Mich. You have less than twenty minutes to get ready'
'No'
'Oh yes and you won't disobey me'
She began quietly dressing. so as to further antagonize Joel, She wore a short black jumpsuit that barely covered her thighs. Again, he said nothing. He just pretended not to see her.
'Pick whatever you want because you won't be coming here in a while'
'What do you mean by that?'
'You are forbidden to visit your parents Mich'
'You forbid from doing everything including visiting Henry'
'Yes. When you decide to be unreasonable'
'Stop forbidding me from doing things as if I am Leila'
He ignored the statement. She tool a pen and a notepad then wrote a brief message to Shan telling her that Joel had unexpectedly came for her. She advised her to forgive Tara and Jordan for they love her. By mid afternoon, she had said. Her good bye to her mother and Tara.
'Mich, that clothe is too short for God sakes you are a married woman not a prostitute', her mother observed
Mich ignored her and Joel only had that beautiful smile on his handsome face. He drove her home in silence. When they got home,she alighted and banged the door. Still, he said nothing but simply packed her bags upstairs.
She changed her clothes and lay down to sleep. She didn't wake up until 4pm. She walked through the house and heard something burning in the compound. Leila was telling her father what had happened in school.
'Daddy aunty Mich is awake'
'Leila,what did I said about you calling her aunty Mich?'
'You said you will be angry with me and sad too'
'So you want me sad and. Mad at you?'
'No daddy'
'Now apologize to her and behave like the good girl I know you to be'
'Mummy, I'm sorry I called you aunty'
'Don't worry leila, you will soon get used to calling me mother', she said and hugged the girl. She was about offering to give her some candy when she noticed something.
'Wait o. Joel, what are you burning?', she asked him. He ignored her. Maureen appeared from inside the house in a Jeans and T-shirt. She walked towards them.
'Maureen, can't you greet?', Joel asked
'But I greeted you already?'
'Did you greet Mich? Or are you now age mates?'
'But Joel...'
'Don't tell me that'
'Okay, Mich good evening'
'Evening Maureen. How was lecture today?'
'Good, thank you'
'Now Joel, tell me what you are burning?'
'A rag I don't want in my house'
'That's my jumpsuit!'
'Yes'
'Do you know how much I bought it?'
'I don't like it'
'You burnt my clothe without my permission?'
Joel turned to Maureen' Take Leila inside', Maureen didn't wait, she held Leila's hands and left.
'Now Mich, you are no longer in canada. This is Nigeria and the table turned around because you are my wife. I have a sister and a daughter I'm raising, I have friends and colleagues. If you think for a second I will let you dress like a harlot you are wrong. I won't dictate for you what to wear but I won't tolerate you exposing your body'
'That's nonsense. You just burnt my sixty dollars clothe. Apologize to me'
'I won't. Go start preparing dinner'
'I won't. I'm tired'
'You slept for over four hours. I'm hungry and I need to eat'
'You are just changing subject. Tell Maureen to cook'
'She just returned from school and I'm tired of eating her food. I want to eat my wife's prepared meal'
'You know I'm pregnant. Oh my stomach. Its like one of the baby is kicking, I need rest'
'Michelle, you will prepare that food'
'Was that why you brought me here?'
'Do I need a reason to bring my wife back home?'
She angrily walked away. She walked to the Kitchen and found it empty. No food and she was hungry. Moving to the living room, she found Maureen studying and Leila crying.
'Why is she crying?'
'Mummy I'm telling aunty Mich that I am hungry she doesn't want to answer me'
'Don't worry, I will make noodles for you?'
'Wow, daddy won't get mad?'
'Why should he?'
'Because he banned me from eating. Noodles'
'Oh, okay, I will cook for you'
'No more noodles?'
'No. I don't want your father getting mad'
Mich had no choice, she went in cooked the fastest food she could think of, spaghetti. She served the food and they all sat down to eat.
'My love, this food is delicious', Joel told her. She just ignored him and kept eating. After eating, she went up to shower. She felt so tired and worn out. Joel came up an hour later and began studying. She was too tired for another argument so she just pretended to be asleep. Soon, she began sleeping. By 2am, her husband joined her. He kissed her cheeks and began snoring.

Joel woke up by 6am. Mich was still sleeping and he didn't want to disturb her so he went to leila's room, bath and helped her dress for school. It was friday. When they walked down for her breakfast, he was shocked. The plates they ate were still waiting for someone to pack them to the kitchen. He walked to the Kitchen and made tea for Leila . After drinking, he took her out just as her school bus came to a halt in front of the house. She boarded and waved at him. He walked back to the house and Maureen's room. She too was still sleeping. He fetched a bowl of water and empty its content on her face.
'Joel, that's wickedness'
'I want you downstairs in two minutes'
He walked away and waited for her to come.
'What is this?'
'What?'
'You didn't pack the plates we ate yesterday?'
'Michelle should, its her work. She is the madam of this house'
'She is pregnant, you don't expect her to do all the work around here'
'She isn't the first to get pregnant'
'The next time you go to bed with one single dirty mug in this house I will punish you. I have now placed you in charge of cleaning the kitchen and doing the dishes. Leila's clothes and her room are now under your care. Oh, don't forget the compound too'
'All these are too much? Mich will only cook?'
'She will clean the living room and our room too'
'That's not fair'
'It is Maureen. She isn't as strong as you. You know your portions, I won't take no excuse, the day you have 8am lectures, you shall wake up early and do your chores. For now, I will bath and get Leila ready for school'
'Its not fair Joel'
'It is. Now start clearing this table before you further annoy me'
Mich Came awake by 10am. She made their bed and walked to the kitchen. It was spotlessly cleaned. She sighed in relieve and was planning to watch a movie. She made a cup of tea and sat down.
'Oh Mich, finally, you are awake'
'She ignored him'
'isn't it time you start making Lunch?'
'Lunch you said?'
'Yes'
'I can't Joel'
'Why not?'
'I'm not feeling good'
'I won't buy that crab. I haven't eaten. I'm very hungry'
'What is this now? Can't you just let me be?'
'Everything you need is in the Kitchen. I won't tell you what to cook because you are the woman of the house. Cook whatever you want. We will all eat it'
'That's not fair'
'I know its fair'
'Tara does nothing'
'Stop comparing yourself with Tara and just so you know, I am not Jordan and I won't hire a cook in this house when I have a wife. Leila will be back soon. You better start working'
'You are bend on making me work'
'Yes. Because its your responsibility to me'
'What about your responsibilities to me?'
'I do everything a husband is expected to do to his wife'
'Lair'
'No?'
'What about the bedroom aspect?'
'I won't argue with you Mich'
'I won't cook Joel. Take me wherever you want to. You don't get to make all the rules here'
'Really?'
'Yea'
'Okay, fine. What do you want'
'I want sex whenever I want it'
'I'm punishing you with that'
'I have come to realized it. Real men don't punish their wives with sex'
'I won't give that to you'
'Then I won't cook'
'You slapped me Mich'
'And you are turning me into a maid all in the name of wife. I will perform my duties, only if you do yours. You know me, I can do it'
'Good, I will perform my duty on our marital bed'
'Whenever and however I want it?'
'Yes. But know this, getting sex from me won't solve our problem'
'Its a deal'
'You still won't apologize?'
'No'
'Okay. I want to eat banga soup'
'You are wicked'
'I know that already'
By the time Mich went back that night to the room, the only thing on her mind is sleep. Joel saw her tiredness. He packed her clothes and his and washed them.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deceitful Couple by nsesilas(f): 8:11am On Jun 19, 2015
Mich,be a wife and not a visitor. Great job Tiff!
Re: Deceitful Couple by Shebarh(f): 10:08am On Jun 19, 2015
tiff dis story still v a long way to go o
Re: Deceitful Couple by RashMe(f): 11:33am On Jun 19, 2015
Hello miss TiffanyJ, just came across ur stories yesterday and have been wowed. D little problem am having now is that i couldnt read d end of TRB, AMTCHO. Trie reading DC now, but discovered d earlie parts were removed. Pls try and do something about it, thanks. Sulymanomowale@yahoo.com
Re: Deceitful Couple by Ann2612(f): 11:39am On Jun 19, 2015
Splendid! Nice update. Pls take ur time, we can still wait if u can't finish d story before Saturday.
Re: Deceitful Couple by Sandjane(f): 12:51pm On Jun 19, 2015
Wow,vry funny update,i like what joel is doing to mitch,it will mak her become a wife nt a sex machine,thanks tiffy pls do take ur time dnt rush.
Re: Deceitful Couple by Enasco1(m): 5:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
Nice update tiffany. U said n I quote "Mummy I told aunty Mich dat am hungry n she doesn't want to anx me" it was Leila dat was reporting Maureen to Mich, so I guess it was sopose to be I told aunty maureen. Likewise another place where u said " I will bath n get leila ready for school n u earlier said that joel had dressed leila up n she has gone to school. In all that, u re stil a great writer. Thumb up. Mich x beginning to adapt to womanhood, nolonger easy life lik d one she enjoys in her parents hous.

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by Olaitan3784(f): 5:56pm On Jun 19, 2015
Enasco1:
Nice update tiffany. U said n I quote "Mummy I told aunty Mich dat am hungry n she doesn't want to anx me" it was Leila dat was reporting Maureen to Mich, so I guess it was sopose to be I told aunty maureen. Likewise another place where u said " I will bath n get leila ready for school n u earlier said that joel had dressed leila up n she has gone to school. In all that, u re stil a great writer. Thumb up. Mich x beginning to adapt to womanhood, nolonger easy life lik d one she enjoys in her parents hous.
wat she meant abt joel gettin leila ready for school was abt d chores each of them av to do

1 Like

Re: Deceitful Couple by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 19, 2015
i like the way Joel is handling his family,especially dat maureen i hate her habit.thanks mam Tiff u are the best
Re: Deceitful Couple by seunviju(f): 10:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
This Nicholas families na stubborness they run thru their veins.Welldone Tiffany
Re: Deceitful Couple by oghenekome51(f): 10:24pm On Jun 19, 2015
Mich is an idiot while tara is a stupid idiot! One tin is dis, tara and mich are both spoilt! Na mich own sef worse pass! Mich is goin to learn ow to apologise in a very hardway!
Tiffany maam, thank u so much for d updates and a huge weldone to u! Jah bless u!
Re: Deceitful Couple by arabaribiti(m): 2:36am On Jun 20, 2015
Keep it up my lovely darling am really enjoying ur story
Re: Deceitful Couple by chii8(f): 4:56am On Jun 20, 2015
I tink d Nicholas r spoilt...i dnt really blame Tara though bt she isnt tryn to be accomodatn a bit...joel nw wants to be in charge,which is very good,Maureen sef,she neva see anytin.
Pls pple,wat happened to Jeremy's wife-joan?I am missing Jeremy's character,i tink he owe Joel an apology.
Summarily,op u r da best.
Re: Deceitful Couple by domido(m): 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2015
Mich is a case.
Re: Deceitful Couple by chii8(f): 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2015
domido:
Mich is a case.

no,she isnt,she is a project

2 Likes

Re: Deceitful Couple by Adegokedamisky(f): 9:09pm On Jun 20, 2015
Dat mich don chop chocolate
Re: Deceitful Couple by domido(m): 10:22am On Jun 21, 2015
chii8:

no,she isnt,she is a project
Okk!!! Maybe dats the word.
Re: Deceitful Couple by Omololamide(f): 1:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
Weldone and thank u
Re: Deceitful Couple by PwettyNini(f): 11:51pm On Jun 21, 2015
This isn't fair. Have been away for long n I can't even continue reading from where I stopped cry u removed everything Tiff cry cry
Re: Deceitful Couple by Bekeebest: 7:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
Nice work dear,but pls where can i get the begining of this story some were removed.Thanks
Re: Deceitful Couple by jrhymez: 11:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
Sometimes I just can't stop admiring your talents tiff....... u be got an amazing brain and really gifted hands..... you are doing great. Keep it up. You are d best so far
Re: Deceitful Couple by Marynneka(f): 7:15am On Jun 23, 2015
Nice work my dear tiffy, I pray for more grace to write more. Thanks for completing DC. Hope u are doing great?
Re: Deceitful Couple by TiffanyJ(f): 3:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
The next day which was saturday Mich worked up as early as eight. She found the others having breakfast. Again, she sighed in relieve.
'Mummy good morning'
'Morning Leila. You look so beautiful this morning'
'More beautiful than you?'
'Sure, you are the most beautiful girl in this house. You are even more beautiful than your father'
Leila giggled. She felt more at ease and continued eating her food.
'Good morning Michelle', Maureen grumbled
'Morning. Hope you slept well?'
'Yes'
There isn't food for me?'
'Yes, didn't know you will come awake so early'
'That's not an excuse Joel'
'It isn't but you should go to the kitchen and make your food'
'Maureen, will you help me out?'
'No. I too, have a lot to do'
'Then I guess no breakfast for me?'
'Its okay, if you are not hungry but please the living room needs your hands this morning'
She ignored him. He didn't care at all.
'Leila dear, I will take you shopping and then buy you some ice creams. How about that?'
Leila shrieked in happiness.
'Yes, I will wear that red dress uncle Jordan bought for me. Oh with my black shoes. Daddy and aunty Maureen will come?'
'I don't want them to. Especially your daddy'
'Leila, you will watch cartoon. There won't be any shopping today', Joel said
'Why?'
'Mich you were kidnapped. Its not safe out there. Never you leave this house until the kidnappers are arrested'
'Stop bossing me around'
'I have spoken Mich'
'I need to get some things'
'Like?'
'None of your business'
'I married you, its my business'
'Maureen, hear your brother'
'Just write down what you will need. I will personally get them for you'
'Tara called me this morning. Said my birthday is tomorrow'
'Okay. We will celebrate it in this house. As family'
'I don't want that'
'Its not your decision to make'
She walked away. Joel followed her upstairs
'The living room is a mess'
'I'm tired'
'You just woke up'
'I'm tired'
Joel picked his phone and dialled his mother-in-law's number. She picked on the third ring. He put the call on speaker
'Hello?'
'Morning mother'
'Oh Joel, morning. How are you doing?'
'Perfect'
'How is Mich and the pregnancy?'
'There is a problem ma'
'What is it?'
'She is missing you and made me promise to call and invite you for lunch'
'Oh, that will be great'
'Yes, she can't wait for you to eat her food and know that she had adjusted to life as a married woman'
'My sweet baby. I will come, if that will make her happy'
'It will'
'Okay. Send my love to her, Maureen and Leila'
The phone went dead. Mich picked a pillow and hauled it at him. He laughed, she began crying.
'Why are you crying?'
'I don't want her to come'
'Why not tell her. That's why I placed the call on speaker'
'I can't tell my mum not to come. It won't be right'
'She is your mother'
'She will complain that the living room is dirty. She will say my food is too salty'
'Is that why you are crying?'
'Yes'
'Good. Keep crying. I want to eat swallow and vegetable soup'
'Joel please call her back. Tell her I'm ill'
'I won't Mich. Until you learn and learn well'
He walked out. Downstairs, Maureen was busy. He bath and dressed Leila then packed her things into the washing machine. Later, Mich quietly descended the staircase and began cleaning the room. She took her time but it was a perfect work. Everywhere was spotlessly cleaned. She went to the kitchen and began making Lunch with tears in her eyes. As for Maureen, she was happy that Joel was helping out in washing Leila's clothes. Mich was pissed off. Mum came by 1pm.
'Mich, I never thought I will see you this busy'
'Welcome mother'
'Joel, she looked tired. Maybe you should hire some help'
'Maureen is helping out'
'Okay'
Mich didn't bother bathing. She served the food and they all began eating. She lost appetite. She was quiet throughout the meal that her mother wondered if she was ill.
'Are you ill Mich?'
'I'm fine'
'Why are you quiet?'
'Nothing'
'Your food is okay Mich, just its too...'
'Its perfect ma, that's how I like it', Joel quickly added.
'Okay, if you say so. When is your next ante natal checkup?'
'Next wednesday'
'Are you sure you are okay?'
'I am fine mother'
'What do you want for a birthday gift?'
'Anything'
'Okay, anything you said. I think I should be going. I have to be at the orphanage in thirty minutes'
She took her leave. Maureen cleared the table and went to do the dishes. As for Mich, she simply walked up to her room and slept. She woke up by 6pm feeling ill. She managed a bath and felt much more better. Later, when Joel joined her in bed, she felt like shouting.
'Why are you quiet?'
'Nothing'
'Okay'
'Tomorrow is your birthday'
'Okay'
'What do you want?'
'Nothing'
'Should I give you a massage? You looked really tired'
'I am okay. What you did was really not fair'
'What?'
'My mum'
'Oh'
'Won't you apologize?'
'For inviting your mum for lunch?'
'Did you seek my permission?'
'I won't apologize Mich', he said and turned the other side.

Tara and Jordan woke them up from sleep the next day. Joel washed his face and came downstairs to greet them. He instructed Maureen to prepare breakfast. Mich came down in her sleeping clothes.
'Happy birthday Mich', Jordan and Tara told her.
'Thanks'
'Guess what? I want to make this birthday a very special one', Jordan said to the hearing of all.
'How?'
'we will all go to sheraton hotel. I even invited mum and dad. It will be a small family party. After everything, we will all sleep there. There are rooms for everyone, including Eugene,Shan, Leila and Maureen. Of course Mich, you and Joel will have the bridal suit, its your day'
Maureen left her seat and began dancing shoki. Mich went to her brother and hugged him.
'Joel, isn't that great?', she said and laughed for the first time since her mum came.
'No'
'Are you crazy?'
'I said no. That party and the hotel won't work. You better get used to it'
'Joel what is it again?', his sister asked
'I said no one in this family is going anywhere?'
'Are we quarreling?', Jordan asked
'I'm not quarreling with you Jordan'
'Then what is the problem?'
'I want Mich here to learn what marriage really is but you are getting in my way'
'Are you still fighting?'
'Jordan? How old I'm I?'
'Twenty nine'
'Then Joel why are you treating me like a ten year old?'
'You are not going Mich. Nothing will convince me'
'Is it about that day at Linda's? Okay, I am sorry but I'm begging you. Don't do this to me'
'You are wasting your time'
'I said I am sorry'
'I need it no more. You better start preparing lunch'
Again, she burst into tears. Jordan wanted to rush towards her but Tara held him down.
'When you are through crying, prepare beans and plantain for me'
Mich never knew that joel had been silently dying of anger. He hated it when she cried over little things.
'Joel...'
'I don't want to hear it Jordan. Go home and take care of your problems'
Jordan and Tara quietly left.
turning to Maureen, he shouted 'why are these plates here? My friend will you go do the dishes?'
She quickly stood up. Her brother had never behaved like this towards his wife. She felt pity for Mich but dared not console her.
Mich cried and went to the kitchen. She prepared the food and realized she had lost whatever little appetite she had. She quietly went up to her room and slept. It was her worst birthday ever.
The week went by, she heard that cross had been arrested but she didn't care. Joel was not talking to her. Joel drove her for her anti natal checkup and brought her back home. She returned to find Maureen cooking. She ate little and went to her room.
Joel had changed from the man she knew. He didn't seem to care if she was happy or not. Thinking of everything made her cry.
'Mich, you are crying again?'
'No', she said and quickly wiped her face. She didn't want Maureen seeing her.
'I don't like what Joel is doing to you. Just look, you've emaciated and he doesn't care'
'I'm okay Maureen'
'You are not. I used to hate you Mich but you are not a bad person at all. Its just that I feel sad that you cry always'
'I don't cry'
'Of course you do'
'Maureen?'
'Yes?'
'Can you help me to the bathroom?? I feel like throwing up'
'Are you not feeling well?'
'Please hurry', with Maureen's help, she went to the bathroom and threw up the little food she ate. Maureen ran downstairs and called Joel. He came running to their room. He picked her up and took her to bed.
'How are you feeling?'
'Tired, headache, waist pain and dizziness'
'Okay', he said and began unbuttoning her dress.
'What are you doing?'
'Checking on you of course'
She said nothing more and laid still as he removed her dress and put his hands on her stomach.
'Are you feeling any pain here?'
'No'
He moved his hands to her chest to feel her heart beat. He told her to lie on her stomach while he rubbed her back and waist. Maureen watched them without saying anything.
'Joel?'
'Yes?'
'I'm sorry. I'm really sorry'
'No you are not'
He said and continued working'

8 Likes

Re: Deceitful Couple by hassan85(m): 3:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
Weldon ma. nice update
Re: Deceitful Couple by Ka52y(f): 3:48pm On Jun 23, 2015
nice1

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (124) (Reply)

False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> / My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.