Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,583 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement (87645 Views)

"We Can't Sack Keshi"- NFF / Keshi To Become Ethiopian National Team Coach, Just Days After NFF Sack / NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement - Read Full Communique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Emmysteve(m): 3:12am On Oct 16, 2014
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) in the early hours of Thursday have announced the contract termination of Coach Stephen Keshi as the Super Eagles head coach.

After a long hours meeting of the Executive board members held at the Transcrop hilton hotel in Abuja the board unanimously agreed to part away with the Big Boss and his technical crew.

Speaking with cross section of the press shortly after the meeting at 1am Nigeria time on Thursday, first vice President of the Federation, Barr. Seyi Akinwunmi said the Federation appreciated Keshi and will give due support to him and his technical crew.
“You could recall Keshi and his technical crew
contract expired after the World cup, and the federation have decided not to renew their contract,” Akinwunmi revealed.

“The Federation appreciated his effort for the success he achieved and the development of our football.
“We have decided to sponsor him and his technical crew (Daniel Amokachi and Ike Shoromu) to any choice of their coaching school to acquire for more knowledge in the game at our expenses,” Akinwunmi said.

Former Niger Tornadoes player, Shaibu Amodu returns as the team interim coach to be assisted with three coaches from the Glo Premier League.
“We have two more important matches in the
qualifiers which we hope to secure full points, and qualify for the Nations Cup.

“Coach Amodu will take over of the team as interim coach, to be assisted by Salisu Yusuf (El Kanemi Warriors) and Gbenga Ogunbote (Sharks FC) while former Green Eagles goalkeeper, Alloy Agu will be the goalkeeper trainer,” the NFF official divulge.

Super Eagles will travel next month to face
Congo and host South Africa in Nigeria in the last phase of the qualifiers.

Source:
www.naijasportscentre.com/amodu-to-lead-super-eagles/

Corroborative Sources
http://www.punchng.com/news/nff-sacks-keshi-picks-amodu/
http://completesportsnigeria.com/nff-replace-keshi-amodu-appoint-siasia-new-u-23-boss/

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by kennyslim1(m): 3:17am On Oct 16, 2014
Keshi should go abeg...let's see what's Amodu is capable of doing to our fallen super eagles sad

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Emmysteve(m): 3:17am On Oct 16, 2014
Nigerians you ask for it, now you get.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Tos87(m): 3:24am On Oct 16, 2014
Good for him.

3 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Eleponblue(m): 3:26am On Oct 16, 2014
PRAISE GOD!!!!!!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Emmysteve(m): 3:29am On Oct 16, 2014
Back to square zero. I am never a fan of hiring and firing of coaches every here and then. In 2011 October precisely, i kicked against the sacking of Samson Siasia but Nigerians insisted that he must go, cursing and calling him all manners of names; but i stood by him until Keshi came on board to change the Fortune of the team.
Today, the same people calling Siasia names are the people insulting the Big Boss. Some people even go as far as cursing his family!.....
I am happy today that I still stood by Keshi despite all the cricism. I am his fan and I will continue to be his fan until the next coach achieved beyond what Keshi did. For now i will hang my boots and watch as the drama unfolds.

272 Likes 17 Shares

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Koolmexxi(m): 4:07am On Oct 16, 2014
Amodu Again I'm beginning to think coaching Eagles is his inheritance. Keshi's ego and his tactical ineptitude cost him.

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by padeolu: 4:11am On Oct 16, 2014
Isn't amodu as useless as keshi?

Why not bring in a better interim coach, why Amodu of all people??

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by seunlayi(m): 5:13am On Oct 16, 2014
[size=18pt]Same Amodu that they sacked years ago? Back to the rejected Corner stone. Keshi, I know you are surely coming back as it happened to Amodu[/size] best of luck, you tried then and I know you can do better now.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by naijanoni(m): 5:19am On Oct 16, 2014
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by freshness2020: 5:30am On Oct 16, 2014
Good riddance to spoilt rubbish!
#kechi just fall him hand!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 16, 2014
Absolute balderdash.. This clueless power hungry mofos at the NFF have ruined our chances of qualifying for Morroco 2015...if we still had any...What's the point sacking keshi now? Now the new coach has a good excuse for failing at his new job, which he will obviously do.. Abi no be Amodu
Did I just heard the word' Foreign coach' .. Arr these nuggars in NFF nut or what? angry What has a foreign coach achieved for the super eagles in the last 15 years? Its just an attempt to chop money as usual again.. Awon olote....
Lets see how a white coach who can't even lead a division 3 club in his native land will perform magic on the super eagles in an unfamiliar terrain

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by terrydon(m): 6:03am On Oct 16, 2014
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Rikidony(m): 6:22am On Oct 16, 2014
WTF A GOOD MOVE BY SACKING KESHI BUT WTF IS AMODU SHUAIBU angry

17 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by fingard02k(m): 6:26am On Oct 16, 2014
i never like that egocentric keshi for once but why Amodu? I think NFF is cursed or hell bent on destroying nigeria football

NFF one step forward (Sacking keshi) then 10 steps backward (Appointing amodu)

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Walphem(m): 6:26am On Oct 16, 2014
Amodu Shaibu? Keshi is better than him a million times, abba from burning fire to burnt flame!

32 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 16, 2014
Hahahahahahahaha i said it! Dis amaju picknic/shitnick guy no get sense. Amodu?!?! Hahahahahaha. So dis is d one dat ike uche will respect? Lol
StealthyMe is dis news true?? Abeg bros talk to me

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Greenified(m): 6:43am On Oct 16, 2014
AS USUAL
and this one will call back
YAKUBU AIYEGBENI.

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 16, 2014
Amodu again!

Kwa,Keshi is a better man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by pat077: 6:47am On Oct 16, 2014
Amodu again!

3 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Greenified(m): 6:48am On Oct 16, 2014
Amodu is an expert in qualifications and has done so twice.

27 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by 9ijaprince(m): 6:54am On Oct 16, 2014
why amodu? this is like selling your dog and replacing it with monkey.

19 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Olaolufred(m): 6:59am On Oct 16, 2014
Nigeria and many nigerians are ungrateful to Keshi.
Amodu is coming for d fifth time.
If he was good, why d four ealier sackings.
His results as a national coach in not near what keshi has achieved in a shorter time.
Why are we nigerians celebrating deciet and crucifying truth.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Chanchit: 6:59am On Oct 16, 2014
Hallelujah. I love this news. Atleast he will bring back Martins, the Uches possibly Iheanacho and Taiwo.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Nutase: 7:01am On Oct 16, 2014
ingrates

16 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 16, 2014
padeolu:
Isn't amodu as useless as keshi?

Why not bring in a better interim coach, why Amodu of all people??
he's just there for now, he's far better than keshi. we won our last match because of our players extra effort and not because of our coach tactics. keshi had to go even if they didn't have a replacement, he has nothing left to offer

21 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by mummyson26(m): 7:09am On Oct 16, 2014
It does necessary mean amodu shld be better than keshi b4 he can outperform keshi
Abi nna never see a situation where assistant coach dey take over frm d head coach and do better than d so call head coach?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Guykhena(m): 7:09am On Oct 16, 2014
grin grin ,
Good riddance to bad rubbish or is it proud arrogant rubbish?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by ayusco85(m): 7:09am On Oct 16, 2014
Chisos. My dream actually came true. Saw him sacked in my sleep. Dancing skelewu

10 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Bublanski: 7:10am On Oct 16, 2014
He had it coming! Tactical cluelessness that rivals that of one Mr Jonathan undecided

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Ojestas(m): 7:10am On Oct 16, 2014
The topic is confusing though .

1 Like

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by alaoeri: 7:10am On Oct 16, 2014
Smh from frying pan to fire. undecided

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

2013 Glo-CAF Awards / Alex Ferguson's Last Chewed Gum As Manager Sold For 181.4 Million Naira: Photo / Zambia Vs Nigeria (AFCON 2013) (1 - 1) On 25th January 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.