Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,591 members, 7,816,460 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement (87656 Views)

"We Can't Sack Keshi"- NFF / Keshi To Become Ethiopian National Team Coach, Just Days After NFF Sack / NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement - Read Full Communique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 16, 2014
Ain't happening,i have a feeling that this just a rumor.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by dejust(m): 7:11am On Oct 16, 2014
Ok
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Akeem79(m): 7:11am On Oct 16, 2014
Nice move
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Ventura1: 7:12am On Oct 16, 2014
huum! Amodu the rescuer! he has never failed in any task with the super eagle, he was only hated by powe to be. when bonfrere Jo nearly scuttle our chances of qualifying for the 2002 world he was called upon he delivered but eventually sacked. Same thing happen in 2010. AMODU WATCH YOUR BACK YOU HAVE MANY HATER!

A lot of people shouting why Amodu, do not really know who amodu is......Go and read about him

Why Amodu Shuaibu must take the Super Eagles to the World Cup in South Africa in 2010

Following my article with the title “Sack Coach Amodu Shuaibu for taking Nigeria to the World Cup 2010 in South Africa.”, there has been a lot of reaction in the media with all diverse views as is Nigeria. Like I stated in that article, I still stand by the fact that Amodu Shuaibu has the experience and the qualifications and qualities to perform very well at the World Cup 2010 in South Africa.

Before I decided to put pen to paper for this article, I decided first to check the web site of the Nigeria Football Federation to check my facts.

Nigeria played her first official or unofficial game in October 1949 in England under one John Finch as the Coach. Since 1949 up to date, Nigeria has had 34 Coaches made up of Nigerians and foreigners alike. Coach Amodu Shuaibu has had the privilege of coaching the Super Eagles on three occasions in 1996-1997, 2001-2002 and 2008 to date.

The ultimate dream of every football coach or player is to player in the world cup.

Amongst the 31 Coaches that have taken charge of the Green Eagles turned Super Eagles in 1988, no coach whatsoever has equaled the performance of Coach Shuaibu Amodu since record began. It is he who has had the singular honor of qualifying the Nigerian senior national team two times out of four. Clement Westerhof and Bora Milutinovic came distant second with one slot each in 1994 and 1998 respectively.

When it comes to the African Cup of Nations he did not do badly either as he was able to get a Bronze at 2002. The only coaches who faired better than his performance at the Africa Cup of Nations were Clement Westerhof in 1994 got Gold. Otto Gloria in 1980 got Gold while Manfred Hoener and Jo Bonfrere got Silver in 1988 and 2000 respectively. But logically and by world standard Coach Amodu Shuaibu's performance have superseded theirs since he has two world cup qualifications in his kitty. But above all no local or Nigerian coach so far have performed like him. Please check the Nigeria Football Federation web site for confirmation. But for the fact that Nigeria withdrew from the 1996 African Cup of Nations in South Africa, Amodu Shuaibu would have probably won the Cup for Nigeria. On the three occasions he has been in charge, he has always qualified the Super Eagles to Africa Cup of Nations.

I am wondering what some Nigerians expect of him? I believe if every Nigerian has done his duties like Coach Shuaibu Amodu there is no need to start branding or re-branding ala Dora Akunyili. As Nigerians in Diaspora, Coach Shuaibu Amodu has done us proud especially here in England. Coach Shuaibu Amodu has done in one swoop what Dora Akunyili's re-branding cannot do with over One billion Naira down the drain. Listening to commentaries and discussion on BBC Radio Five, already Nigeria is being classified as a strong team at the world cup.

I still repeat that what Coach Amodu Shuaibu needs now is not unnecessary detraction but total support from all and sundry whether you are a Senator or an ordinary Nigerian like me.

As I am writing this article this evening, England's preparation for the world cup is in top gear. Please let us leave Coach Amodu Shuaibu to consolidate on his performance rather detracting his attention. He has been the best out of 31 men over 60 years can any body disprove that or take that away from him? He must cap his career by taking the Super Eagles to the World Cup in South Africa next year.

That is why Nigeria as a country is performing poorly in developmental project. Instead of supporting those who are doing the nation proud, some few individuals will run them down or are it pull him down? Coach Shuaibu Amodu has done a great feat again by qualifying the Super Eagles for another world cup. Whoever wants him sacked can wait till after the world cup in South Africa next year. For now he has brought Glory again to Nigeria, the only local or Nigerian national to have done that so far and even twice.

Coach Shuaibu Amodu must ripe the fruit of his labour this time.

Anything short of allowing him to take his wining team to South Africa is against natural justice, equity and good conscience.

How can somebody pass a very hard examination entered into by 208 candidates and one is amongst the lucky 32 yet one's certificate is given to somebody else. Is that fair? Otherwise ask the Republic of Ireland. The news analysis on BBC says that by qualifying for world cup alone, the French economy will make about one billion US dollars. I do not know what the monetary value will be to the Nigerian economy, but one thing I know it has brought glory to us and the Nigerian nation, it has reduced the negative image on us Nigerians here in the UK. Amodu Shuaibu, God bless you and your star will continue to shine please do not disappoint us when you take the Super Eagles to South Africa next year. The Federal Government please make money available for him now to start preparation for the African Cup of Nations and the World Cup. Our great Coach Amodu farewell in South Africa 2010.

Ndiameeh Babrik

ndiame_2005@yahoo.co.uk

http://www.pointblanknews.com/artopn1990.html

2 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Fogman(m): 7:12am On Oct 16, 2014
Welcome development! When favouritism takes the place of ability and competence this is what you get.

1 Like

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Kx: 7:13am On Oct 16, 2014
Amodu has always qualified
He is on a 2 match deliverable
As it were, anyone other than d egocentric bigmouted self serving Keshi is preferable
Let him go and pick d Angola job

2 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Chuks16(m): 7:13am On Oct 16, 2014
can this be true
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by kingchuba: 7:13am On Oct 16, 2014
How true is this report please
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by fractals: 7:13am On Oct 16, 2014
FROM FRY-PAN TO FIRE!!!!na only NFF wakacome??

3 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Archimedes9(m): 7:13am On Oct 16, 2014
Nff are vry stupid 2 sack kechi, dy even 4get dat kechi is d best tin d hv happen 2 9ja national term 4 d past 10yrs nw!!!!!! Any way I hv nting 2 say in dis matter because 2 watch 9ja matches don even tire me

1 Like

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by ukgreat(m): 7:13am On Oct 16, 2014
Amodu......interim coach
we want MOYES!!!

2 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by otokx(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2014
From frying pan to fire, they should have just allowed KESHI to stay on till the end.

1 Like

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Olodonairaland(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2014
Eeyha solder come solder go
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by blankees(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2014
Dis country is retrogressing instead of progressing. Is Ahmodu better?

3 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by tolustx(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2014
This is simply insane. At least not now. Dem dey mad!!! All of dem.

4 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Deiok(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2014
Wowww although I wanted his sack but this comes as a suprise to me. Nice job nff.

2 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Olodonairaland(m): 7:15am On Oct 16, 2014
kingchuba:
How true is this report please
. I just heard it from radio
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Simplyunique: 7:15am On Oct 16, 2014
I'm coming!
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Montaque(m): 7:15am On Oct 16, 2014
The should have allowed Keshi to finish the qualifiers first...anyway its good,Amodu knows where to start,Keshi has cleared the field for him. Amodu, Please recall our best.

3 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by omonla555: 7:15am On Oct 16, 2014
Nigerians expect High Blood Pressure watching the 'Chicken Eagles' under Amodu

2 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by benega: 7:16am On Oct 16, 2014
We rili needed a new coach: u could see individual talent In the team but keshi was not able 2 create a nexus. But why amodu and not sia sia?

2 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 16, 2014
Still none of my Buisness
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by yim(f): 7:16am On Oct 16, 2014
In everything you do humility is key, pride destroys everthing. Keshi, I hope you learnt your lesson.
Amodu... Hmm, let's wait and see

1 Like

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by musulumi(m): 7:17am On Oct 16, 2014
It is long overdue....this is exactly how someone who allows success to overrun him should be treated. He became full of himself after success in the African Nations Cup and had no regard for anyone, evident in all his subsequent press moments after matches. He's only lucky to have seen out his initial contract.

I don't even wish him well in his next line of undertaking.

2 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by repogirl(f): 7:17am On Oct 16, 2014
Hmmmmm, but why shuaibu amodu, isn't he the one who couldn't get eagles to qualify for world cup finals, one time like that? How they forget so easily!

1 Like

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 7:17am On Oct 16, 2014
[b]Coach Keshi and his crew, true heroes unjustly treated.

It has been a tough ride for Coach Keshi. From lack of regular payment of his salary and his staffs were not paid regularly. To the lack of regular bonuses of players. Unpaid hotel bills.

There was a rapid decline of our football and lack of success.

Coach Keshi and his crew worked hard and injected fresh blood into the team. Got us playing well and led us to an amassing Nations Cup victory. He gave players chance to grow as professionals and men in the team.

His addition of fresh blood and creating competition in every part of the team.

Coach Keshi and his crew wrote their names is in the history of Super Eagles. A great man who did something to end the failing plight of the Super Eagles.

It was an exciting time and you guys are leaving with your heads held high. Thank you guys for the new boys in the team. Especially Oboabona, Omeruo, Babatunde, Oshaniwa, Osaguona, Aluko, Aaron Samuel, Raheem Lawal and Gbolahan Salami. I hope they make you proud.

I will miss you guys.
https://www.nairaland.com/1951526/coach-keshi-crew-true-heroes[/b]

8 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by olaboy001(m): 7:17am On Oct 16, 2014
padeolu:
Isn't amodu as useless as keshi?

Why not bring in a better interim coach, why Amodu of all people??
I guess you don't know him well
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by M4gunners: 7:19am On Oct 16, 2014
Amodu wetin chai another wahala. Nobi dis Man carry us go Mali 2002?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by justi4jesu(f): 7:19am On Oct 16, 2014
9ijaprince:
why amodu? this is like selling your dog and replacing it with monkey.

LOL.....happy moments....can't stop laughing cheesy cheesy
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 16, 2014
Ogbeche77:
Absolute balderdash.. This clueless power hungry mofos at the NFF have ruined our chances of qualifying for Morroco 2015...if we still had any...What's the point sacking keshi now? Now the new coach has a good excuse for failing at his new job, which he will obviously do.. Abi no be Amodu
Did I just heard the word' Foreign coach' .. Arr these nuggars in NFF nut or what? angry What has a foreign coach achieved for the super eagles in the last 15 years? Its just an attempt to chop money as usual again.. Awon olote....
Lets see how a white coach who can't even lead a division 3 club in his native land will perform magic on the super eagles in an unfamiliar terrain

Shatapp there, bloody hypocrite. Where were u when nairalanders were slamming Keshi on virtually every football thread? The only person who stood up for him here was a guy called Thegoodjoehunt.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by morethanawinner: 7:19am On Oct 16, 2014
Rubbish. This is a crazy decision. Wrong timing, wrong judgement. Politics playing here!

3 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by orobs93(m): 7:19am On Oct 16, 2014
The return of yakubu and olonfinjana...
Chisos Amodu?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

2013 Glo-CAF Awards / Alex Ferguson's Last Chewed Gum As Manager Sold For 181.4 Million Naira: Photo / Zambia Vs Nigeria (AFCON 2013) (1 - 1) On 25th January 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.