Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement (87667 Views)

"We Can't Sack Keshi"- NFF / Keshi To Become Ethiopian National Team Coach, Just Days After NFF Sack / NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement - Read Full Communique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by IceMan85(m): 11:23am On Oct 16, 2014
cheesy From fry pan to fire! Chai!
End of controversy and start of new controversy!
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Komedy(m): 11:23am On Oct 16, 2014
We are bak to kick and follow,na now una go see jam body football,I can't wait to see his line up for his first game in charge.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Timijo(m): 11:26am On Oct 16, 2014
Much is required from this Amodu Shuaibu. He needs to qualify the SE with just two matches remaining.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by kennyslim1(m): 11:27am On Oct 16, 2014
natureblack:
and what do you think Amodu is capable of ?

Let's qualify 1st...Amodu is capable to archive that
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by natureblack(m): 11:30am On Oct 16, 2014
kennyslim1:

Let's qualify 1st...Amodu is capable to archive that
hmmmm

My fingers crossed
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Empredboy(m): 11:30am On Oct 16, 2014
Chanchit:
Hallelujah. I love this news. Atleast he will bring back Martins, the Uches possibly Iheanacho and Taiwo.
wat has the 'men' achieve all their time in SE. No prob i dnt blame u fans bt raher i will blame d press 4 all d wrong information
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by eunisam: 11:33am On Oct 16, 2014
will his sack bring iheanachor to super eagle?
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Max24: 11:35am On Oct 16, 2014
wolebanks:
Keshi and co decided to leave. They were not sacked. Am convinced about this.

I watched this new NFF board boss on Channels this morning. He looks smart and knows what he is doing. Who has any info about him? His credentials and how he became the NFF boss?

I wish Amodu and co the best in their new assignment.
I like your observation. That is exactly my sentiments too. I first watched the mans interview a year or two ago on TV and i was impressed by his knowledge of sports generally. So, i was happy when i heard he has been made the NFF President. He is/was the Delta State Commissioner for Sports. Many of the athletes representing Nigeria now were products of Delta State vision and this man played a key role in that. The consistency of Delta State in National sports competitions also attest to this. He is quite articulate in his responses and from the way he talks you will know he knows about the job, not like that unconvincing Maigari. This Amaju man can handle the NFF.So for now i have confidence in his decisions.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Babytina: 11:38am On Oct 16, 2014
Gud 4 him let him c Į̸̸̨ƭs feel 2 sack pple,yeye man
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 16, 2014
Chanchit:
Hallelujah. I love this news. Atleast he will bring back Martins, the Uches possibly Iheanacho and Taiwo.

Instead of moving forward, we re regressing. Bring back taiwo and the other uche (kalu) shocked what extra ordinary thing are they doing in their clubs?
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by onyxo76(m): 11:44am On Oct 16, 2014
i don't understand, he won his match yesterday and now he gets sacked? we better just forget this next years' nation's cup. we keep rotating the same set of coaches, soon it will be christian chukwu etc all over again...
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by amunites19(m): 11:46am On Oct 16, 2014
My problem with our people is they believe that being a white has qualified a person to be a professional, If they are talking about foreign coach they should go for somebody like morinho, wenger, guardiola, ancelloti..... Especially now sir alex is available. And using local coaches is a process of grooming our on talents is like using local players in super eagle.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by olutunde12(m): 11:48am On Oct 16, 2014
To me ,Keshi is the best thing that ever happened to our football, you shouted for his head, now you are shouting about his replacement. Many of these people have never been leaders before. You think you can send him away and put your own choice there? if that one fails again to turn around and blame nff? I supported keshi, now you have sent him away, even amodu, i will support him. Nigerians, change for once you cannot EAT your cake and still HAVE it.

1 Like

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by lanreblake(m): 11:54am On Oct 16, 2014
oga o dis NFF sud at least let keshi finish d qualify 1st and decide on his future
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 16, 2014
olutunde12:
To me ,Keshi is the best thing that ever happened to our football, you shouted for his head, now you are shouting about his replacement. Many of these people have never been leaders before. You think you can send him away and put your own choice there? if that one fails again to turn around and blame nff? I supported keshi, now you have sent him away, even amodu, i will support him. Nigerians, change for once you cannot EAT your cake and still HAVE it.

Do you continue using your beloved car, when it gives u problems and can no longer function undecided
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by naijaaone(m): 12:05pm On Oct 16, 2014
Emmysteve:
Back to square zero. I am never a fan of hiring and firing of coaches every here and then. In 2011 October precisely, i kicked against the sacking of Samson Siasia but Nigerians insisted that he must go, cursing and calling him all manners of names; but i stood by him until Keshi came on board to change the Fortune of the team.
Today, the same people calling Siasia names are the people insulting the Big Boss. Some people even go as far as cursing his family!.....
I am happy today that I still stood by Keshi despite all the cricism. I am his fan and I will continue to be his fan until the next coach achieved beyond what Keshi did. For now i will hang my boots and watch as the drama unfolds.
1000 likes. Is this not that same keshi that he and his team made us African champion? We all sung his praises, now that he is no longer winning matches they fired him smh.b4 we nail him,How many of us have been sensitive enough to find out what keshi passed through in the hands of those NFF OFFICIALS?

2 Likes

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Temptee101(m): 12:11pm On Oct 16, 2014
ollah1:

I said "if". Of course i respect the seat, i respect the office but i don't respect who occupies the office, he got served. U know what that means at all? Nigerians be celebrating failures since 1728. How many times would Amodu be the coach of Nigeria?
Hear yourself out. How can you claim to have respect for an office when you dont respect the person occupying same office. As for Amodu i dont care how many times he has coached the SE, so far he delivers. He must have learnt or had experiences that would make him a better coach during those periods he was incharge. Lets give him the chance and support he needs. Atleast he is the listening type , he wont shut the door aganist our best legs

1 Like

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Kbraims(m): 12:11pm On Oct 16, 2014
9ijaprince:
why amodu? this is like selling your dog and replacing it with monkey.
Bros! Monkey beta pass dog now...
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by roufy235(m): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2014
amodu ke
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by arsetalks(m): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2014
eddiebomba:

My friend, we're talking about the way forward for Nigerian football, & you're coming in with EPL mentality - is that what we need here? angry

EPL is not the be all& end all abeg - why are England's three lions so crap then?
What is your point here? You are making no sense in this post of yours to be honest and this is not an attack on your person.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by redcliff: 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
eunisam:
will his sack bring iheanachor to super eagle?

[size=20pt]Nigerians you never follow due process thats why nothing ever works out. Its not iheanacho's time yet to be fixed into the eagles. It requires stages. Thats what you guys dint see keshi was trying to do. I dont blame you folks. SMH[/size]

1 Like

Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by yousee(m): 12:24pm On Oct 16, 2014
9ijaprince:
why amodu? this is like selling your dog and replacing it with monkey.
...monkey that may bring ebola grin
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 16, 2014
Greenified:
Amodu is an expert in qualifications and has done so twice.
If I hear. sad
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by MAYOWAAK: 12:30pm On Oct 16, 2014
Thank you Keshi for all the memories...
First and only Nigerian to win the African Nations Cup.
First Nigerian to qualify and coach the Super Eagles at the World Cup.
First and only Nigerian to equal all the achievements of foreign managers in record time.
First Nigerian coach to qualify the country for CHAN.
Thank you big boss.
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by And9: 12:32pm On Oct 16, 2014
It's been a long time coming...
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Godskidmidas(m): 12:32pm On Oct 16, 2014
whhhaaaaattttt!!! Nonsense!!! ahmodu of all people
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Marcelinho(m): 12:34pm On Oct 16, 2014
Finally a sigh of relive for sport lovers.... But wait is it the same Amodu they sack? Now he is even on temporary base, nigeria nid prayErS
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by goldenvicky(f): 12:35pm On Oct 16, 2014
amunites19:
My problem with our people is they believe that being a white has qualified a person to be a professional, If they are talking about foreign coach they should go for somebody like morinho, wenger, guardiola, ancelloti..... Especially now sir alex is available. And using local coaches is a process of grooming our on talents is like using local players in super eagle.
Which of dese white coaches go wan cum Nigeria,E be lyk say u want our players make dem spoil d careers of dese coaches,and again hε̲̣̣rε̲̣̣ d money dey for dese big coaches
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Chanchit: 12:37pm On Oct 16, 2014
redcliff:

You are wonderful.. so much ignorance from one man#

See you weh get brain..
Re: NFF Sack Keshi, Pick Amodu As Replacement by Hafyz23(m): 12:40pm On Oct 16, 2014
Emmysteve:
Back to square zero. I am never a fan of hiring and firing of coaches every here and then. In 2011 October precisely, i kicked against the sacking of Samson Siasia but Nigerians insisted that he must go, cursing and calling him all manners of names; but i stood by him until Keshi came on board to change the Fortune of the team.
Today, the same people calling Siasia names are the people insulting the Big Boss. Some people even go as far as cursing his family!.....
I am happy today that I still stood by Keshi despite all the cricism. I am his fan and I will continue to be his fan until the next coach achieved beyond what Keshi did. For now i will hang my boots and watch as the drama unfolds.
Emmysteve:
Emmysteve:
Abeg change ur signature[color=]
Emmysteve:
Emmysteve:
Emmysteve:
Abeg change ur signature[/color]
Emmysteve:
Emmysteve:
Emmysteve:
Abeg change ur signature

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Alex Ferguson's Last Chewed Gum As Manager Sold For 181.4 Million Naira: Photo / 2013 Glo-CAF Awards / Zambia Vs Nigeria (AFCON 2013) (1 - 1) On 25th January 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.