Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,253 members, 7,829,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700038 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by binhozie(m): 6:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I think it is not all about how long they last but the long lasting effects of their performances.

I think the best model we need is to go back to the way Coach Westerhoff used to screen players. Coach Amunike is developing a knack for it and Coach Garba also.

Coach Westerhoff used to have up to one hundred players in the early stages of the camp and then screen out the best.

That built unity and a sense of belonging.

This model can help us integrate more players into the team. Both local products and foreign. Give more chance for these foreign boys to feel part of the team and make the coaches have closer look at them.

After a week or so, cut out the main ones who will make the team and pick some bright promising talents to train with the squad for next time.

What we are seeing Coach Amunike doing with the U20 is typical Coach Westerhoff.

He already has the U17 winning team but he is running an open camp with hundreds of players to continue searching for fresh talents and increase competition in the team.

I think we should adopt this model to the Super Eagles but this time we invite Professionals from home and abroad.

That's very good even Siasia does it too

But Amuneke should put some foreign based youths on that list na all I see na home based.
Another thing is this age thing is killing us.
Good young players can't make d cut at that age wen their competing with their forefathers

We need that approach we can't be grooming ediles and dropping alabas again oh

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
binhozie:

J.ibe will make d two Hausa men playing 2 and 7 for nigeria look stupid

Solanke has declared interest are you serious pairing that guy with osimhen na die
But in other news, I respect ur views even thou they differ from mine most times but, I don't like y we miss out on one talent because we have other talents no bring them all cap them all we cant stay in our homes and know who is better, one thing this Anglo naija boys have on their side is youth, don't be surprised if V. Moses career last longer than iheanachos own from now.I don't belong to any side we need all the players having a heart conversation with someone who can't pronounce his name and convincing him to play for our country is not begging, players like Costa T. Motta Camoranesi the various F.A met with them is not begging at all. This are big nations not we proud Nigerians
Its dis things that will even make d player more dedicated, we keep saying we don't need dis one and DAT one but our football is dying
Y did debruyne go to man city ?
They called him every day.

Talents are plenty. I believe in Establishing contacts but not begging.

Mfon Udoh and Emem Eduok are yet to be capped in a Super Eagles competitive game, to the best of my knowledge.

That is how difficult it is here. It is just this NFF mismanagement that is making people feel we do not have talents.

Last year we were talking of how talented Joseph Nathaniel is, today no one even mentions his name.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:35pm On Apr 11, 2016
binhozie:

But Amuneke should put some foreign based youths on that list na all I see na home based.
Good young players can't make d cut at that age wen their competing with their forefathers

Coach Siasia is also a Coach Westerhoff man. They are men who learnt from the brilliant Coach.

Coach Amunike said he will invite foreign based players but for now, he wants to scout out more talents. When he finishes his scouting, he will merge them and pick the best.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by binhozie(m): 6:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Talents are plenty. I believe in Establishing contacts but not begging.

Mfon Udoh and Emem Eduok are yet to be capped in a Super Eagles competitive game, to the best of my knowledge.

That is how difficult it is here. It is just this NFF mismanagement that is making people feel we do not have talents.

Last year we were talking of how talented Joseph Nathaniel is, today no one even mentions his name.

Bro s look at that Eduak s face very well, the one playing in North Africa I reserve the rest of my comment, some of this guys are short term, nigeria s biggest problem is no long term plan for the team all d great teams did not start of in one day.Jesus where is that Joseph Nathaniel guy all we hear now is ifeanyi up and down

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:42pm On Apr 11, 2016
binhozie:

I Trust Coach Amunike to know and identify a good young player.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:45pm On Apr 11, 2016
binhozie:

Bro s look at that Eduak s face very well, the one playing in North Africa I reserve the rest of my comment, some of this guys are short term, nigeria s biggest problem is no long term plan for the team all d great teams did not start of in one day.Jesus where is that Joseph Nathaniel guy all we hear now is ifeanyi up and down

Time is going and the NFF should know their problems disrupt the coach's plans.

We need the camping preparations sorted out and we need the Technical committee to go through his plans, give him feedback and endorse him to start working.

That is actually what causes us to leave talents behind. Lack of time. From one problem to another.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2016
binhozie:

J.ibe will make d two Hausa men playing 2 and 7 for nigeria look stupid

Solanke has declared interest are you serious pairing that guy with osimhen na die
But in other news, I respect ur views even thou they differ from mine most times but, I don't like y we miss out on one talent because we have other talents no bring them all cap them all we cant stay in our homes and know who is better, one thing this Anglo naija boys have on their side is youth, don't be surprised if V. Moses career last longer than iheanachos own from now.I don't belong to any side we need all the players having a heart conversation with someone who can't pronounce his name and convincing him to play for our country is not begging, players like Costa T. Motta Camoranesi the various F.A met with them is not begging at all. This are big nations not we proud Nigerians
Its dis things that will even make d player more dedicated, we keep saying we don't need dis one and DAT one but our football is dying
Y did debruyne go to man city ?
They called him every day.

I believe Musa Yahaya will give Jordan Ibe a run for his money. I believe that guy scatter and I will take Simon Moses over Ibe.

Jordan Ibe was already in Liverpool when LFC came looking for Simon Moses Signature.

I think Victor Moses is a better player.

Among the English boys, I will take Zaha over him.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by binhozie(m): 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Time is going and the NFF should know their problems disrupt the coach's plans.

We need the camping preparations sorted out and we need the Technical committee to go through his plans, give him feedback and endorse him to start working.

That is actually what causes us to leave talents behind. Lack of time. From one problem to another.

That NFF na real stumbling block to progress

I think pinnick and a lot of stake holders should honourably resign before FIFA slams Nigeria for all this their annual ramblings that never ends

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:13pm On Apr 11, 2016
Obviously resuming camping with the home-based. Rio here we come. #smiles.
..............................................................................................

EKPAI INVITED, OLULAYO DROPPED AS SIASIA INVITES 30 FOR OLYMPICS PREPARATIONS

Three MFM FC players have been invited to the Dream Team VI squad ahead Rio 2016 Olympics build up
Coach Samson Siasia has invited 30 players to camp ahead 2016 Olympics billed for Brazil.

Heading the list are goalkeeper Emmanuel Daniel, Stanley Dimgba and Ubong Ekpai who got Nigeria U23’s only goal in their 1-0 defeat of Brazil U23 in an international friendly.

Three players of Mountain of Fire Ministry Football Club were given the chance to compete for a shirt for the Olympics men football event. They include Obanor Erhun , Stanley Okorom and Julius Emiloju.

All invited players are expected to arrive the Starview Hotel, Gwarinpa Estate, Abuja on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 with their international passports, while training commences on Wednesday.

LIST OF INVITED PLAYERS

1. Emmanuel Daniel (Enugu Rangers)

2. Yusuf Mohammed (Kano Pillars)

3. Daniel Emmanson (Akwa United)

4. Omasteye Alex (First Bank)

5. Sincere Seth (Rhapsody FC)

6. Oduduwa Segun (Nath FC)

7. Obanor Erhun (MFM FC)

8. Ahamefule Chizoba (Abia Warriors)

9. Ndifreke Effiong (Abia Warriors)

10. Chima Akas (Enyimba FC)

11. Timothy Danladi (Katsina United)

12. Stanley Okorom (MFM FC)

13. Harrison Ibukun (Akwa United)

14. Ubong Ekpai (Akwa United)

15. David Itoho (Nath FC)

16. Kabiru Moshood (Ikorodu United)

17. Bright Onyedikachi (FC IfeanyiUbah)

18. Ifeanyi Mathew (Kano Pillars)

19. Tiongoli Tonbara (Bayelsa United)

20. Olisah Ndah (Rivers FC)

21. Julius Emiloju (MFM FC)

22. Joseph Osadiaye (Enyimba FC)

23. Daniel Etor (Enyimba FC)

24. Austine Dimgba (Sunshine Stars)

25. Ezekiel Mbah (Kano Pillars)

26. Abdulrahman Taiwo (Kwara United)

27. Godwin Obaje (Wikki Tourists)

28. Kufre Ebong (Akwa United)

29. Uchenna Agha (Freestans FC)

30. Godwin Aguda (Rangers FC)

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/11252/nigeria-u23/2016/04/11/22260932/ekpai-invited-olulayo-dropped-as-siasia-invites-30-for

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
My boy Nwobodo did not make it.

Good luck to the guys.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:18am On Apr 12, 2016
forgiveness:

@bolded is the point.

All the players you mentioned are very good for the Super Eagles but........ lipsrsealed

Chai!!! See gobe. lipsrsealed

You are forgiven, go and sin no more.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:37am On Apr 12, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Obviously resuming camping with the home-based. Rio here we come. #smiles.
..............................................................................................

EKPAI INVITED, OLULAYO DROPPED AS SIASIA INVITES 30 FOR OLYMPICS PREPARATIONS

Three MFM FC players have been invited to the Dream Team VI squad ahead Rio 2016 Olympics build up
Coach Samson Siasia has invited 30 players to camp ahead 2016 Olympics billed for Brazil.

Heading the list are goalkeeper Emmanuel Daniel, Stanley Dimgba and Ubong Ekpai who got Nigeria U23’s only goal in their 1-0 defeat of Brazil U23 in an international friendly.

Three players of Mountain of Fire Ministry Football Club were given the chance to compete for a shirt for the Olympics men football event. They include Obanor Erhun , Stanley Okorom and Julius Emiloju.

All invited players are expected to arrive the Starview Hotel, Gwarinpa Estate, Abuja on Tuesday, April 12, 2016 with their international passports, while training commences on Wednesday.

LIST OF INVITED PLAYERS

1. Emmanuel Daniel (Enugu Rangers)

2. Yusuf Mohammed (Kano Pillars)

3. Daniel Emmanson (Akwa United)

4. Omasteye Alex (First Bank)

5. Sincere Seth (Rhapsody FC)

6. Oduduwa Segun (Nath FC)

7. Obanor Erhun (MFM FC)

8. Ahamefule Chizoba (Abia Warriors)

9. Ndifreke Effiong (Abia Warriors)

10. Chima Akas (Enyimba FC)

11. Timothy Danladi (Katsina United)

12. Stanley Okorom (MFM FC)

13. Harrison Ibukun (Akwa United)

14. Ubong Ekpai (Akwa United)

15. David Itoho (Nath FC)

16. Kabiru Moshood (Ikorodu United)

17. Bright Onyedikachi (FC IfeanyiUbah)

18. Ifeanyi Mathew (Kano Pillars)

19. Tiongoli Tonbara (Bayelsa United)

20. Olisah Ndah (Rivers FC)

21. Julius Emiloju (MFM FC)

22. Joseph Osadiaye (Enyimba FC)

23. Daniel Etor (Enyimba FC)

24. Austine Dimgba (Sunshine Stars)

25. Ezekiel Mbah (Kano Pillars)

26. Abdulrahman Taiwo (Kwara United)

27. Godwin Obaje (Wikki Tourists)

28. Kufre Ebong (Akwa United)

29. Uchenna Agha (Freestans FC)

30. Godwin Aguda (Rangers FC)

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/11252/nigeria-u23/2016/04/11/22260932/ekpai-invited-olulayo-dropped-as-siasia-invites-30-for

@the bolded, thats ma guy.

No Nwobodo on the list?

Hope Coach Samson Siasia will not leave out Chisom Chikatara when he dolls out his list of foreign based players.

Modified.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:00am On Apr 12, 2016
terzurum5:

@the bolded, thats ma guy.

No Nwobodo on the list?

Hope Coach Samaon Siasia will not leave out Chison Chikatara when he dolls out his list of foreign based players.

I doubt Chikatara will make it. He was among those who could not meet up with Coach Siasia's tedious training routines.

I hope Coach Samson Siasia gives Blessing Eleke another chance. I beg him.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:05am On Apr 12, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Siasia To Hit Brazil Tuesday For Olympic Draw
[/size]

By James Agberebi:
Nigeria U-23s coach Samson Siasia will depart for Brazil on Tuesday ahead of the draw for the men’s football event of the Rio Olympic Games.

This was revealed by the media officer of the U-23 Eagles Timi Ebikagboro on his Twitter handle on Monday.

“Dream Team coach Samson Siasia leaves for Brazil on Tuesday to attend the draws for the Rio football event,” Ebikagboro wrote.

The draws for both the men and women come up on Thursday at the Maracana Stadium.

And in the seeding that took place last week, the U-23 Eagles were drawn in Pot 2 alongside Korea Republic, Iraq and Honduras.

Hosts Brazil are in Pot 1 with Argentina, Mexico and Japan.
The 16 teams will be drawn into four groups of four (named Groups A-D)
The football event holds from 3rd to 20th August.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/siasia-hit-brazil-tuesday-olympic-draw/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:17am On Apr 12, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
NFF Crisis: I Don’t Care If FIFA Bans Nigeria – Onigbinde
[/size]

by Dotun Akano

Chibuike Chukwu LAGOS
Following the sealing of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) by the Police Coach, Adegboye Onigbinde, has said FIFA ban might be a blessing in disguise if at all it comes.

This is even as ex-international, Mutiu Adepoju, while responding to questions on the implication of sealing NFF’s office, said the
development was a bad omen to the country.

“It is a bad omen sincerely; it is not good at all because I can’t
imagine sealing the secretariat when we have many football
competitions and qualifiers before us.

“This will deal severely on our football and I think it is a bad
signal that should be halted immediately,” he said.

Onigbinde on Monday rued the crisis that has once again engulfed
Nigerian football, saying the country has never gotten it right with its football. He however, said FIFA ban might be out of it.

“I don’t care if we are banned by FIFA. If we are banned over the
crisis and we use the one or two years to reposition and sanitise our football, then it worth it.

“My interest is on how we can grow the game in the country and not whether FIFA bans us or not. If it takes the ban for us to get it
right, I think I strongly support it,” he said.

The former FIFA and CAF instructor also blamed the current state of
Nigerian football on the inability of those at the head at the
football house to come up with concrete ideas for the game.

“The bulk stops at their desk and they have not really demonstrated what it takes to take the game beyond the level it is now.

“Let me ask you; you are talking of FIFA ban because they seal the NFF office, is our football in the right shape at the moment? Why do we always talking of FIFA ban every time instead of looking for ways to resolve our differences.

“FIFA is not interested in this ban issue, but it delights in the
growth and development of the game in every country,” he said.

Dosu Joseph, former Super Eagles goalkeeper, said in the midst of the brouhaha that it wa only football that would suffer.

“Sincerely this is a bad development, but in all these, it is football that will suffer because that is the game that has united every Nigerian irrespective of states.”

On the prospect of a possible FIFA ban on the country if the issue is
not resolved on time, Dosu said: “I bet you FIFA will never ban
Nigeria.

“We have had crises before and FIFA never banned us. I know we can never allow this to reach to that extent.

“This is internal problem and we will still manage it accordingly, so
FIFA ban, to me, is out of it,” he said.

Meanwhile, a call to Felix Anyansi Agwu, a member of the current NFF board, produced little as he said he was not aware of the sealing of
the office.
independentnig.com/2016/04/nff-crisis-dont-care-fifa-bans-nigeria-onigbinde/
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:33am On Apr 12, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: FRIDAY FRED REVEALS SECRETS TO SCORING FORM IN NORWAY
[/size]

Red hot Nigeria forward, Friday Fred who has picked up from where he left off last season, scoring goals for fun in the top league in Norway has revealed the secret of his goal scoring exploits.

Fred has three goals for Lillestrom in the first four games of the season which include a brace in yesterday game against Sarpsborg 08 that once again kept him in Owngoalnigeria.com team of the week for Nigeria players based in Europe for the second week in a row.

“The secret of my goal scoring exploit is first of all God almighty then of course scoring goals is fun, really fun especially if you have teammates like mine, kudos as well to them they are also part of the secret of my goals” He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

Last season, the 20 year old scored 11 times from 26 games but going by his current goal scoring rate per game he might better that tally before the end of the season.

He has spent three and half years in Norway scoring 17 times from a combined total of 49 games all for Lillestrom.
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/04/11/exclusive-friday-fred-reveals-secrets-to-scoring-form-in-norway/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:46am On Apr 12, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Super Eagles Midfielder Etebo Has First Training Session With CD Feirense
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Oghenekaro Etebo had his first training session withClube Desportivo Feirense on Monday, twenty four hours after arriving in Portugal from Lagos to join his new employer.

The Nigeria international was accompanied on the trip to Portugal by the majority shareholder of CDFeirense, Kunle Soname,who is theChairman of sports betting siteBet9ja.

On arrival in Portugal on Sunday, Etebo and Soname headed straight for the Estádio Municipal 25 de Abril and watched the Segunda Liga clash between CDFeirenseandPenafiel from the stands.

If he passes a routine medical prior to Wednesday evening’s game against Varzim, the former Warri Wolves star could make his competitive debut.

The attacking midfielder joins compatriots Dele Alampasu and Sunday Emmanuel atCDFeirense.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel.
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18640
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:30am On Apr 12, 2016
Nigeria playing with fifa ban again. I will soon log off Nigerian football. We can not achieve anything with NFF.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by binhozie(m): 12:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I believe Musa Yahaya will give Jordan Ibe a run for his money. I believe that guy scatter and I will take Simon Moses over Ibe.

Jordan Ibe was already in Liverpool when LFC came looking for Simon Moses Signature.

I think Victor Moses is a better player.

Among the English boys, I will take Zaha over him.

Bro you don't get it whether you prefer someone in Portuguese division 2 over him doesnt matter the fact is he is a good addition to our team as a starter a sub a 3 rd 11 self he will provide completion and all players will improve collectively and the guy is versatile he can play right back unlike all this dudes ur mentioning
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:25pm On Apr 12, 2016
binhozie:

Bro you don't get it whether you prefer someone in Portuguese division 2 over him doesnt matter the fact is he is a good addition to our team as a starter a sub a 3 rd 11 self he will provide completion and all players will improve collectively and the guy is versatile he can play right back unlike all this dudes ur mentioning

I do not miss Ibe. We have many talents. He would have been a good addition. There are others home and abroad ready to play for us that will make good additions.

Chidebere Nwakali, Awoniyi and Yahaya are in lower divisions because of Work Permit.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:17pm On Apr 12, 2016
Like l've always said, not all these foreign-borns will play for us (and not all are even Super eagles materials in the long run) and when we have super options in a department, then we must focus on only the exceptional or potentially exceptional.

Ibe has already made his choice so why are we still talking "Ibe" ??

Forget Ibe.... even Akpom is not that spectacular. Why waste time on these when we have Sheyi Ojo, Ola Aina, Ehizibue, Ebuehi, Adarabioyo, Solanke, and a couple of other super talented Nigerian foreign-borns we should really focus on? Some have already declared for Nigeria like Nathaniel Oduwa for our U-23s for instance.

We can't approach and get all. We will just do the best we can. Our central and primary bank of top talents have always been players born in Nigeria. The foreign-borns are just our secondary channel of top talents and yeah... a very important secondary channel that is too (Leon Balogun, Troost Ekong, Etc).

So I'm with you Sir GoodJoe.....I TOO WILL NOT MISS IBE. Besides we have a plethora of top talents on that left wing rising through also.

TheGoodJoe:

I do not miss Ibe. We have many talents. He would have been a good addition. There are others home and abroad ready to play for us that will make good additions.

Chidebere Nwakali, Awoniyi and Yahaya are in lower divisions because of Work Permit.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by binhozie(m): 7:37pm On Apr 12, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Like l've always said, not all these foreign-borns will play for us (and not all are even Super eagles materials in the long run) and when we have super options in a department, then we must focus on only the exceptional or potentially exceptional.

Ibe has already made his choice so why are we still talking "Ibe" ??

Forget Ibe.... even Akpom is not that spectacular. Why waste time on these when we have Sheyi Ojo, Ola Aina, Ehizibue, Ebuehi, Adarabioyo, Solanke, and a couple of other super talented Nigerian foreign-borns we should really focus on? Some have already declared for Nigeria like Nathaniel Oduwa for our U-23s for instance.

We can't approach and get all. We will just do the best we can. Our central and primary bank of top talents have always been players born in Nigeria. The foreign-borns are just our secondary channel of top talents and yeah... a very important secondary channel that is too (Leon Balogun, Troost Ekong, Etc).

So I'm with you Sir GoodJoe.....I TOO WILL NOT MISS IBE. Besides we have a plethora of top talents on that left wing rising through also.

Ibe might not be a world class player at the moment but when you say you have top talent you make me laugh,
Some of your talents are playing the best football of their lives at 20, because they are 30.
This I don't need we already have attitude is ruining Nigeria the other footballing nations don't think that way why was England gunning for A.Iwobi is it because he will bench Dele Alli or Barkley or Rooney hell no they want all the good ones. Even when iwobi had declared for nigeria travelled down and played with the U23 several times and was preparing for the match against Egypt, they still made attempts to get him,
did they call it begging? But we proud Nigerians think its begging to convince a player that hasn't made his debut for any country yet.
Akpom is not good but he is first choice England U 20 striker and has been scoring for hull city. He can't possibly be bad for U 20 team or a provisional Olympic team list can he?

4 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:55pm On Apr 12, 2016
Laugh you can.... but it changes not the fact that we do have top talents.

And by that I refer to rising top talents. What proof do you wanna bring on board to show that the likes of Musa Yahaya, Sadiq Umar, Imoh Ezekiel, Chidera Ezeh, Moses Simon, Chidozie Awaziem, Wilfred Ndidi, and a couple of Nigeria's rising top talents are in their 30s?

Never use the past or the experience of some others to judge all and the present.

And you mistake pride for the points raised. We don't want players "forced" to commit. That's theGoodJoe's point.

is it a crime to say we have enough when indeed we have enough? Not withstanding, we can only get as much as we attempt. I've already outlined talents out there we should be aiming for and not just inviting for invitation's sake.

When you look at our senior national team, we lack enough defensive options at right back, left backs and even good center back backups. This should guide our players search among the foreign-borns.

As for Iwobi, sorry he never played for the U-23s. He was with the team in Gabon for one of the qualifiers but didn't feature. Also, Siasia has already convinced Iwobi hence his willingness to travel down to Nigeria and to Gabon with the team.

All the news of England's pursuit only popped up days to Nigeria's Afcon qualifiers against Egypt. WHERE WAS THE ENGLISH MEDIA ALL THE WHILE IWOBI WAS WITH NIGERIA'S U-23s, Oliseh's Eagles for the Cameroon and DR Congo friendlies?? Where were they??

In case you don't know the English, I'll let you know they were only trying to keep Iwobi from Nigeria like they did with Agbonlahor. England never monitored Iwobi genuinely if not why pop up close to Nigeria's afcon qualifiers when iwobi declared for Nigeria since last year?

Abeg, I'm very conversant with the English media's style of communicating news and matters. England was just being a pest as regards Iwobi. Iwobi was already ours even before his competitive debut.

binhozie:

Ibe might not be a world class player at the moment but when you say you have top talent you make me laugh,
Some of your talents are playing the best football of their lives at 20, because they are 30.
This I don't need we already have attitude is ruining Nigeria the other footballing nations don't think that way why was England gunning for A.Iwobi is it because he will bench Dele Alli or Barkley or Rooney hell no they want all the good ones. Even when iwobi had declared for nigeria travelled down and played with the U23 several times and was preparing for the match against Egypt, they still made attempts to get him,
did they call it begging? But we proud Nigerians think its begging to convince a player that hasn't made his debut for any country yet.
Akpom is not good but he is first choice England U 20 striker and has been scoring for hull city. He can't possibly be bad for U 20 team or a provisional Olympic team list can he?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by binhozie(m): 8:28pm On Apr 12, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Laugh you can.... but it changes not the fact that we do have top talents.

And by that I refer to rising top talents. What proof do you wanna bring on board to show that the likes of Musa Yahaya, Sadiq Umar, Imoh Ezekiel, Chidera Ezeh, Moses Simon, Chidozie Awaziem, Wilfred Ndidi, and a couple of Nigeria's rising top talents are in their 30s?

Never use the past or the experience of some others to judge all and the present.

And you mistake pride for the points raised. We don't want players "forced" to commit. That's theGoodJoe's point.

is it a crime to say we have enough when indeed we have enough? Not withstanding, we can only get as much as we attempt. I've already outlined talents out there we should be aiming for and not just inviting for invitation's sake.

When you look at our senior national team, we lack enough defensive options at right back, left backs and even good center back backups. This should guide our players search among the foreign-borns.

As for Iwobi, sorry he never played for the U-23s. He was with the team in Gabon for one of the qualifiers but didn't feature. Also, Siasia has already convinced Iwobi hence his willingness to travel down to Nigeria and to Gabon with the team.

All the news of England's pursuit only popped up days to Nigeria's Afcon qualifiers against Egypt. WHERE WAS THE ENGLISH MEDIA ALL THE WHILE IWOBI WAS WITH NIGERIA'S U-23s, Oliseh's Eagles for the Cameroon and DR Congo friendlies?? Where were they??

In case you don't know the English, I'll let you know they were only trying to keep Iwobi from Nigeria like they did with Agbonlahor. England never monitored Iwobi genuinely if not why pop up close to Nigeria's afcon qualifiers when iwobi declared for Nigeria since last year?

Abeg, I'm very conversant with the English media's style of communicating news and matters. England was just being a pest as regards Iwobi. Iwobi was already ours even before his competitive debut.

I said some and Didnt mention names when i said 30yr olds which was an obvious exaggeration, but you and I know some of this guys are clearly not 20 and pls England were serious about A.Iwobi and we are all conversant with English medias style of communicating news and matters.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:41pm On Apr 12, 2016
binhozie:

Jeez, Are you Nigerian? Because, you just said, your top talent, not our top talents.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:44pm On Apr 12, 2016
binhozie:

I said some and Didnt mention names when i said 30yr olds which was an obvious exaggeration, but you and I know some of this guys are clearly not 20 and pls England were serious about A.Iwobi and we are all conversant with English medias style of communicating news and matters.

England were not serious. He did not play for the U19, U20, U21 sides of England, despite them playing a lot of games.

Arsene Wenger used a technicality to stop him from playing for the Nigerian Olympics team, yet England did not call him up.

They only got serious after the Barcelona game.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:45pm On Apr 12, 2016
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When you said, "some of your talents are playing the best football of their lives at 20 because they are 30".

Who do you speak of exactly?? You can't make such a statement without giving examples.

And I'm sure you were referring to " the top talents" since you said "best football of their lives".

And I insist, England didn't start early despite Nigeria inviting Iwobi long before the Egypt game. England were not serious about it.They waited till Iwobi's performance against barca and Everton. Nigeria were already on Iwobi's matter long before then.

And finally, saying we are all "conversant" is very funny. It shows part of Nigeria's problem as a nation. Everyone thinks he knows. When I said i'm conversant I speak from a dimension and angle you may not understand.

I still ask where the English media were when Nigeria called up Iwobi for the Gabon U-23 game and the two friendlies against Cameroon and Dr Congo.

Cc Binhozie
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:56pm On Apr 12, 2016
You saw that too? #smiles

Well, I just had to ignore it. Probably, he was just trying to "emphasize". Does not make him less Nigerian.... #smiles

TheGoodJoe:

Jeez, Are you Nigerian? Because, you just said, your top talent, not our top talents.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by binhozie(m): 10:30pm On Apr 12, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
You saw that too? #smiles

Well, I just had to ignore it. Probably, he was just trying to "emphasize". Does not make him less Nigerian.... #smiles

I accept that you have exclusive rights to English media and the language as well.
Since you know Nigeria's problem I'll advice you start a political party
Iwobi played for U16 U17 and U 18 s , the only grade he missed was the U 19s, they had plans maybe not big plans
The boy is 19.

Your top talent means they are top talent to you.

Top talent doesn't mean anybody that gives a rabona pass or is playing in Belgium at 35 under the pretence of being a toddler and on the bench self.

If we really had a lot of top talents as you claim we won't be 14 in Africa.
It just depends your standard thou.
I just feel players who have had quality training from their tender years and are still young might just be d ingredient we need to take our football forward.
We will probably win the Olympics and it might not just be because of Iwobi iheanacho and osimhen, but certain more mature personalities added to them besides the normal 3. In the end we are just fooling ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
Didn't you read "rising' top talents?? You're making one repeat stuffs.

What does the FIFA rankings has to do with our rising young talents. You think the rankings reflect how much great talents we have in Nigeria?

Na wa oooo..... Anyway, speak for yourself @ bolded.

Of course Nigeria still got age cheats. They leave our league to Europe every day and through other channels but still my focus is on the select top talents we rate like Umar and Nacho for instance. Are they age cheats too??

Nigeria will not conquer at the Olympics because of older players.... no Sir. She will do so because of the right tactical and technical input of the technical crew and individual brilliance of the young quality super talents.

Experience will play its role in the possible success but will not be the sole reason. Besides, Experience is sometimes over-rated.

binhozie:

I accept that you have exclusive rights to English media and the language as well.
Since you know Nigeria's problem I'll advice you start a political party
Iwobi played for U16 U17 and U 18 s , the only grade he missed was the U 19s, they had plans maybe not big plans
The boy is 19.

Your top talent means they are top talent to you.

Top talent doesn't mean anybody that gives a rabona pass or is playing in Belgium at 35 under the pretence of being a toddler and on the bench self.

If we really had a lot of top talents as you claim we won't be 14 in Africa.
It just depends your standard thou.
I just feel players who have had quality training from their tender years and are still young might just be d ingredient we need to take our football forward.
We will probably win the Olympics and it might not just be because of Iwobi iheanacho and osimhen, but certain more mature personalities added to them besides the normal 3. In the end we are just fooling ourselves.

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:29am On Apr 13, 2016
EXCL: NIGERIA DREAM TEAM TO FEATURE AT TOULON TOURNEY

by Samm Audu

Wednesday Apr 13, 2016. 09:23

Nigeria’s Olympic team, Dream Team VI, will feature at the annual Toulon Tournament in the south of France next month as part of their build-up for the Rio Olympics.
The tournament organisers specially informed AfricanFootball.com of Nigeria’s participation in the 44th edition, which will be played from May 18 to 29.

This will be the second time Nigeria will feature at the Toulon Football Festival, which was founded in 1967.

The Flying Eagles played in the 2013 edition on their way to the U20 World Cup in Turkey.

This year’s tournament will be used by countries to prepare for the Rio Olympics in August.

Some of the qualifiers for the Olympics have already confirmed their participation at the Toulon tourney.

They include Japan, South Africa, Mexico, Portugal and Colombia.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/825548413?-21310:8643

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:12am On Apr 13, 2016
Arsenal Midfielder Iwobi Could Face Off Against Childhood Pal Akpom At Toulon Festival

Published: April 13, 2016

Nigeria’s Olympic National Team is among the ten teams invited to participate in the 2016 edition of the prestigious Toulon Tournament which will hold in France from 18–29 May 2016, according to the official website of the tournament.

The Dream Team VI and South Africa will represent Africa in the tourney, while Australia, Japan,Mexico, Czech Republic,England,France,Portugal and Colombia have been handed invitations as well.

With the English Premier League set to end three days before the start of the competition, the likes of Alex Iwobi(Arsenal), Kelechi Iheanacho(Manchester City) and Nathan Oduwa(Tottenham Hotspur) could feature in the tournament for the first time.

The draw for the group stage is yet to be determined, but it is confirmed that the Nigeria U23s will play a minimum of four matches during the competition.

Traditionally, the Toulon Tournament is reserved for U20 players but the organizers have decided to allow participants select players born from January 1 1993 to enable them use the tourney to prepare for the Olympic Games.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18654

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.