Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697820 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by confun: 7:48am On Apr 14, 2016
Icon4s:

Good write up my brother.

I hate it when peeps come here to tag our players age cheats.

I know many old players that did nt cheat with their age.

One of them is Emmanuel Amuneke. He was born in 1970. He finished Class Five(so it was called then) in 1989. That means he was 19 then. (We dey old for school those days).He shortly after signed a professional contract with Julius Berger FC. He broke into d national team at d 1991 All African games (U23) as a 21years old. Shortly after he signed for Egyptian giant-Zamalek. And d rest is history.
He was one of d over-aged players at d 1996 Olympics. He used his real age. He did nt look older than the Likes of Amokachi, Okocha, Ikpeba and Oliseh hu were still U23 then.

I know most professional African players age-cheat bt it is nt 100%. It baffles me that even with the introduction of the MRI some people still believe our last 2 Golden Eaglets class were over aged.

Taiwo Awoniyi that even wrote WAEC after he participated in the 2013 FIFA U17.

A guy dat knows John Lazarus in Abuja said he wrote WAEC a year before he featured at d U17 WC yet people were saying Lazarus doesn't look 17.

I know how people doubted d ages of the 2013 Eaglets until a pix they took 2 years earlier as U15 surfaced. And the difference in terms of physique was so clear. They looked 15 in 2011 & then looked 30 in 2013?

Age cheats was well pronounced in d past bt we have a new generation of talents of which most are truely their real ages and lets run with that.
And i expect more from dem cos they are yet to hit their peaks.
tx you oga icon, when I see comments tagging our players as overage especially d last 2 sets of golden eaglets, I just bypass such comments, I don't take it into consideration at all.....d problem is dt no matter ao u explain or give facts and figures, some pp will still not believe because dey have a bad mind set...as for me, those pp are on dir own, I don't argue wit dem.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:09am On Apr 14, 2016
confun:
tx you oga icon, when I see comments tagging our players as overage especially d last 2 sets of golden eaglets, I just bypass such comments, I don't take it into consideration at all.....d problem is dt no matter ao u explain or give facts and figures, some pp will still not believe because dey have a bad mind set...as for me, those pp are on dir own, I don't argue wit dem.

Very well said!

I personally dnt like engaging in such an argument with such people.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
RIO 2016 OLYMPIC DRAW

Group A
Brazil
South Africa
Iraq
Denmark

Group B
Sweden
Colombia
Nigeria
Japan

Group C
Fiji
Korea
Mexico
Germany

Group D
Honduras
Algeria
Portugal
Argentina

*https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgAh_DdXEAA3KhD.jpg:large

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 4:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
adeyemi2015:
RIO 2016 OLYMPIC DRAW

Group A
Brazil
South Africa
Iraq
Denmark

Group B
Sweden
Colombia
Nigeria
Japan

Group C
Fiji
Korea
Mexico
Germany

Group D
Honduras
Algeria
Portugal
Argentina

Gr8 and easy group indeed!

Coming out top of the group shouldn't be a problem for us IF all factors n recipe are put in place.

I foresee a repeatition of Atlanta 1996 Olympics in Rio.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by ENGRDUDU89(m): 4:38pm On Apr 14, 2016
Hire experts to handle your papers such as final year projects, thesis or dissertations,market research and handle all kinds of data analysis in any academic and non- academic fields;
Statistical analysis
Seminars write up
Project write up( B.tech,B.SC,ND,HND,B.ENG,B. Ed, PGD,MSc)
I.T write up.
Preparation of seminar presentation slide.
Proof reading and arrangement of your project.
Term papers.
Coursework assignments.

Contact DUDU B.ENG(FUTA) M.SC(IBADAN): 07033308891,07053084322(WhatsApp) or email: olayode89@yahoo.com
PLS RE-BROADCAST
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
This is a very favourable draw. Siasia knows how to navigate these sort of groups. Great!

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by shogz89: 5:38pm On Apr 14, 2016
Group d na death o
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by yoged(m): 6:05pm On Apr 14, 2016
AIG07:

Gr8 and easy group indeed!

Coming out top of the group shouldn't be a problem for us IF all factors n recipe are put in place.

I foresee a repeatition of Atlanta 1996 Olympics in Rio.
don't judge yet . Have you seen any of the team played before ?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
Sir, I could like this a billion times if I could.... it really bothers me no more that some people still live in the past or keep using certain few to judge all in the present.

I personally started the "Next Super Golden Generation 'song'" because I still stand by the belief that a new era was born in our football in 2013 with our U-17s and is bound to carry on to subsequent years as seen by what our 2015 U-17s achieved and the prospects for 2017 and beyond.

This MRI era has brought about the birth of so many genuinely young super talents for Nigerian Football and just look at how many of them are making good waves or are starting to make good waves in European club football.

It's a pity that the darkness of the past still cover the eyes of many to term our rising young starlets who scaled the MRI (which i have explained on different threads coz the ignorance of how MRI works is baffling and is rampant among these "age cheat" chanters) age cheats...

But it's refreshing some of us which include most of us on this thread and on other national teams' threads have seen the light.

Sir Icon was right when he said, "...WE'VE GONE PAST SUCH ARGUMENTS".

And indeed we have... Currently, we're at the stage of brainstorming ways of harnessing the potentials of our rising starlets to produce so great an effect that will result into the rise of another super golden generation for Nigerian football. THIS IS OUR PRESENT FOCUS. THIS IS WHAT MY SPORTS LAB IS PRIMARILY ABOUT!!!!!! grin #smiles

We have gone past such debates. Even the English media have accepted that Nigerian talents are currently rocking the show and are in line for great impact at Qatar 2022. Fifa.com also shares such opinion.

But we know such prognosis will not happen if we fail to point out ways to achieve this and more AND THEN APPLY IT. And to make it happen, we require the right mix of super talents genuine in every way. And that's where the 2013 and 2015 U-17 Sets of Nigerian football come into the picture alongside other fine rising starlets that didn't go through our U-17 or U-20 system (example is Alex Iwobi).

So like you've said Sir GoodJoe, we will keep shining the light despite all the darkness that existed before now. Some people forget that even in the midst of darkness in the past, we still produced A SUPER GOLDEN GENERATION THAT LASTED PRIMARILY FROM 1990-2000 with a little overlap into 2001-2006.

Kanu, Okocha, Amuneke, Finidi "World Class" George, Amokachi, Oliseh, Rufai, Yekini, Ikpeba (The prince of Monaco), Celestine Babayaro, Taribo West, Ben Iroha, Uche Okechukwu (The gentle giant), Shorunmu, Thompson Oliha, Austin Eguavoen, Alloy Agu, Mutiu Adepoju the headmaster, Garba "chindo" Lawal, Tijani Babangida, Samson Siasia, The Big Boss Stephen Keshi, Isaac Semitoje, Friday Elahor, Wilson Oruma, Mobi Oparaku, and some more made up that generation that saw Nigeria win the CAF APOTY AWARD 5 TIMES IN ONE DECADE. Finidi's screamer against Bayern Munich in the Semi finals of the UCL 1995 remains one of Uefa's best all time semi final goals for any European tournament be it Europa, old uefa cup, UCL, whatever....

An era that saw Finidi and Amuneke as undisputed best right and left wingers in world football. Even Overmars lived in Amuneke's shadow until Amuneke's injury.

I could go on and on.... but that was the "first and only super golden generation" we've had so far.

Fast forward to today, we have lots of rising "genuine articles" that can bring about Nigeria's next Super Golden Generation.

They're still young and growing but their exploits so far give us great hope for another super generation rise.

Of course, there's no guarantee but there was no guarantee in the past also before the likes of Okocha and KANU burst unto the scene.

Just take a look and see why we do this like TheGoodJoe has rightly said.....

Our "super-possible" next "SUPER GOLDEN GENERATION":

Kelechi Promise "Alien kid" Iheanacho, Alexander C. "OziSanchez" Iwobi, Isaac " The Beast" Success, Moses "Daddy" Simon Ajala, Musa "Iniesta" Yahaya, Chidera Ezeh, Dele Alampasu, Emmanuel Daniel, Sadiq Umar (reminds me of a young Kanu), Nura Abdullahi, Taiwo "Gangling Horse" Awoniyi, Chidozie "30 million Euros" Awaziem, Wilfred "Rock" Ndidi, Kelechi Nwakali, Victor Osimhen, Musa "RoboCop" Mohammed, Nathan Oduwa, Imoh Ezekiel, Azubuike Okechukwu, Kingsley Madu, Godswill Elohor Ekpolor, Stanley Amuzie, Usman Mohammed, Samuel Chukwueze, John Lazarus, Lukman Zakari Halilu, Chisom Chikatara, Akinjide "the four-lungs horse" Idowu (Manu Garba once said that Idowu can mark the devil himself out of a game.... watch out for the growth of this lad), Chidiebere Nwakali, among a super talented host of others seen and still to be seen.

Add these to the ones that will still emerge from Nigeria's next U-17s and U-20s....

Add these to the ones that we can get among the top talented and potentials-laden foreign borns like Kingsley Ehizibue, Tyrone Ebuehi, Sheyi Ojo, Dominic Solanke, etc....

Again add them to the young but experienced old guard of the Super Eagles like Ogenyi Onazi, Leon Balogun, Odion Ighalo, and a few others.

Mikel, Carl Ikeme, Echiejile, Oboabona and Ambrose are our oldest big guns age-wise and will play big roles in leading the next generation in before they themselves leave the scene.

This is why we are here..... to shine the light and drum up the super possibilities of our next emerging Super Golden Generation.

Sir GoodJoe.... the march is still on.... #smiles

TheGoodJoe:
Why do we do this?
Why?
Why do we come online and share articles, comments, news about out talents making something for themselves home and abroad?

Is it because we are perfect?
No. We are far from it. The FIFA ranking says it. Everyone can see it.

Is it because we are proud?
No. We are not going to the AFCON and we did not go there last time. How can we be proud.

We do this because out there, little to no one cares about the struggle that goes on down here. No one cares that the Government hands Billions of naira to the NFF and we have little to show.

None to few of those folks care if there are corrupt people in the powers of our football holding us back with bad decisions.

Do the Foreigners think we are perfect? No.

We do this because it takes us to see the light in the dark tunnel. It takes us to tell the World that Blessing Eleke was proud that he saved his team from losing a game. That he is not a black idiot but a young man who is making a name for himself despite the obstacles he faced growing up.

It takes people like us to tell the Foreigners that, "No. We are not all age cheats. There are a lot of young Nigerians who move from secondary schools to clubs.

The likes of John Mikel Obi who Plateau United fans called a small secondary school boy.

If we do not know, who will? Dailymail? Telegraph?

It is us, you and I on this thread, Nigerians who should know.

If Osimhen did not go through the MRI, many will jump up and down and say he is overage. He does not look smooth.

No one says there are no age cheats in Nigeria. Saying all our top young talents are age cheats or all players in the NPFL are age cheats defeat what we do here.

We are here to show that despite people see us as darkness, the sun still shines here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by kingsleyAba: 6:32pm On Apr 14, 2016
don't underrate any country bro
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
Where is this coming from? Who's underrating who?

kingsleyAba:
don't underrate any country bro
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 7:55pm On Apr 14, 2016
yoged:
don't judge yet . Have you seen any of the team played before ?
sir, I'm ain't judging nor underrating our opponents.

If u read between the lines you'll will see the conditional word 'IF' which points to the fact that as long as we get other things right(preparation, camping, paying players, technical crew salaries n bonuses when due prior to the competition, player release, good team selection, ...) we will go far and replicate '96 feat in Rio with the abundants of talents we 've got...

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by kingsleyAba: 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2016
AIG07:

sir, I'm ain't judging nor underrating our opponents.

If u read between the lines you'll will see the conditional word 'IF' which points to the fact that as long as we get other things right(preparation, camping, paying players, technical crew salaries n bonuses when due prior to the competition, player release, good team selection, ...) we will go far and replicate '96 feat in Rio with the abundants of talents we 've got...
fear Colombia boyz especially when u r playing dem in south America
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:05pm On Apr 14, 2016
adeyemi2015:
RIO 2016 OLYMPIC DRAW

Group A
Brazil
South Africa
Iraq
Denmark

Group B
Sweden
Colombia
Nigeria
Japan

Group C
Fiji
Korea
Mexico
Germany

Group D
Honduras
Algeria
Portugal
Argentina

The fear of Sweden is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:05pm On Apr 14, 2016
Finally Even Goal Nigeria's Solace airs his sweet analytic voice/opinion on one of Nigeria's rising young starlets. In his article, he writes, "there have been calls for the Nigerian to be introduced into the U-23 side...."

I have a hunch NL Sports is part of the forums/channels included in "there have been calls". grin

Solace really ran the rule on this guy, Chidozie " 30 million Euros " Awaziem.
............................................................................................

PORTO'S CHIDOZIE AWAZIEM DESERVES OLYMPIC CHANCE

By Solace Chukwu

[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/3a/33/chidozie-awaziem_1467bmc3kl1do1a55u0tiokny8.jpg?t=-1716442973&w=620&h=430[/img]

The youngster has caught the eye after forcing himself into Jose Peseiro's plans, and has been one of the few successes of the season. Would he make a good addition to the U-23 ...
COMMENT By Solace Chukwu

FC Porto's bid to reclaim supremacy in the Primeira Liga appears to have hit the rocks following consecutive losses to basement side Tondela, as well as Pacos Ferreira.

Defending champions Benfica sit twelve points clear with five games to play, and are on course for a third-successive title barring an epochal collapse.

The Dragons however hold the bragging rights over the Eagles - whatever that's worth in the grand scheme - having done the double over their arch-rivals. The second of those wins, a 2-1 triumph at Estadion da Luz, also served as a baptism for young Nigerian defender Chidozie Awaziem.

The 19-year-old took the plunge, and emerged bathed in light, earning glowing reviews for his debut with the Porto main squad in the biggest game of the season. His display provided a showcase of his strengths and weaknesses, but the positives far outstrip the negatives where the talented centre-back is concerned.

Snapped up by the Dragons in 2014, Chidozie made 20 appearances with Porto B, who compete in the Portugese second tier. He also featured for the U-19 side in the Uefa Youth League, his sole appearance coming in a victory over Real Madrid.

Injuries to Ivan Marcano and Maicon may have forced the hand of manager Jose Peseiro, but his trust has been repaid manifold. In truth, the centre-back's maturity and physical capabilities mean he does not compare unfavourably to the other options at the club; if anything, his style is such that he is the one player who can seamlessly complement the other members of the Porto backline.

There have been calls for the Nigerian to be introduced into the U-23 side, with the Olympics in Rio just around the corner. These calls are merited: not only is Chidozie good enough, but his abilities perfectly stanch the leakages that have come to characterise teams coached by Samson Siasia.

The 19-year-old's most impressive quality is one that belies youth: the rashness associated with defenders at that age is almost completely absent from his game. Rather than dive in suddenly, he is keen to observe the flow of play, and then nip in to win the ball. As such, he makes a high number of interceptions; this is crucial in a side that plays high up the pitch, as Siasia likes his teams to do.

This calmness carries over into his passing, which is tidy and calm; he's no Beckenbauer, but his distribution is reliable. No doubt, it helps that he was originally a defensive midfielder, and whereas his passing may have been considered limited in that position, it is very good for a centre-back.

A preference for interceptions and neat distribution might suggest an aversion for the more physical aspects of defending, but nothing is farther from the truth. At a 6ft 2in, Chidozie is very rarely bested on aerial duels. In centre-back terms, that's not exactly Goliath-level, but he uses his strength to jockey for a better angle while the ball is in flight, thereby earning an advantage.

[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/goal_uk/8c/b1/al-wahda-coach-jose-peseiro_w0gfju6g3wan1f9ydiu18xr1h.jpg?t=-1740665811[/img]
Peseiro has been rewarded for his faith in Awaziem

Another factor which makes him perfect for the U-23 side: he is the optimal centre-back for defending in space; he is not lightning-quick, but can more than hold his own in a sprint. His aforementioned strength and patient style are very well-suited to holding up opposing counters, as well as defending in one-on-one situations.

There are, of course, no prizes for guessing that it is not all perfect with the 19-year-old. His positioning remains an area of weakness: being very man-oriented, almost to the point of naivety, he is susceptible to getting drawn out of position somewhat, exposing the team. He could also do with being more communicative, although one assumes it is a quality that will come with age.

Notably, both these deficiencies are easy to remedy in the interim: a more assertive partner at the heart of the defence, serving as a guide and keeping him on the straight and narrow. It is perfectly acceptable to argue this is a lot of collateral for a teenager who has only made a handful of senior club appearances in Europe.

The retort: Chidozie is very much worth the trouble.

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4079/features/2016/04/14/22273972/portos-chidozie-awaziem-deserves-olympic-chance

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:46pm On Apr 14, 2016
The Swedes are the European Champions coming into the Olympics (won the last Euro U-21 championship last year by beating Portugal on penalties).

The Japanese are also continental champions having beat South Korea in the final of their continental tournament.

The Colombians are at home in South America and are always dangerous opponents.

Our group is not easy but certainly not the toughest either.

It's a very balanced group of very good sides. It will be interesting but I tip Nigeria to make it out of the group and move on from there.

forgiveness:

The fear of Sweden is the beginning of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:05pm On Apr 14, 2016
Fear?? Naah... no need for fear. We respect them but why fear?

They should also be scared of The Nigerian boys coming to south america to try repeat history and make up for Nigeria's AFCON miss.

A make-shift Nigerian U-23 side beat Brazil U-23 (packed with stars) 1-0 recently in their own "South American backyard" grin

Of course, it doesn't mean we are "made" or invincible but at least that sent out a "message" kinda....

It's not an easy group but Nigeria are no push overs at U-23 level be it in South America or in Jupiter...

kingsleyAba:
fear Colombia boyz especially when u r playing dem in south America

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by amagunnerfan: 10:40pm On Apr 14, 2016
daveP:
City fans dont understand why Pelegrini prefers Bony over Nacho. Like Welebeck, they feel he is a waste of tactic and space, yet. If he wants to beat Psg, he better use the nonprofiled Nacho.
What has Welbeck got to do with this? Welbeck is better than Bony and I am sure you know it.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by kingsleyAba: 10:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Fear?? Naah... no need for fear. We respect them but why fear?

They should also be scared of The Nigerian boys coming to south america to try repeat history and make up for Nigeria's AFCON miss.

A make-shift Nigerian U-23 side beat Brazil U-23 (packed with stars) 1-0 recently in their own "South American backyard" grin

Of course, it doesn't mean we are "made" or invincible but at least that sent out a "message" kinda....

It's not an easy group but Nigeria are no push overs at U-23 level be it in South America or in Jupiter...

Alexis Zapata (Colombia)
In 2011, James Rodriguez starred for
Colombia as they reached the quarter-finals
of the U20 World Cup on home soil. In 2013,
the magic of Juan Fernando Quintero
inspired the Cafateros to victory in the
Sudamericano U20 before almost single-
handedly dragging them to the round of 16 in
Turkey.
This time, the man entrusted with the
number 10 shirt is Udinese’s Alexis Zapa
Like Rodriguez and Quintero, Zapata is
another product of the prolific Envigado
youth academy that has also yielded
internationals Fredy Guarin, Luis Muriel and
Gio Moreno. After starring at the Juegos
Bolivarianos and Torneo di Viareggio,
Udinese swooped for the playmaker in
January 2014 before loaning him to Sassuolo
for the remainder of the season.
Blessed with a sweet left foot, intelligent
movement and decent pace, Zapata is
equally adept at beating his man or providing
a killer pass and will be expected to provide
the stardust along with former teammate
and Juventus target Andres Tello and Joao
Rodriguez, on loan at Bastia from Chelsea. if dia z nothing u can't fear about Colombia boyz fear zapata

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:55pm On Apr 14, 2016
NIGERIA HANDED PUNISHING OLYMPIC FOOTBALL TRAVEL SCHEDULE IN MANAUS

By Lolade Adewuyi

The U23 men’s side will play their first two matches in the Amazonas capital before moving to Sao Paulo for their final group game

The Nigeria U23 football team has been handed a tough schedule at the 2016 Olympic Games where they will play their first two group matches in Manaus, the far-flung capital of the Amazonas State.

The Dream Team is drawn in Group B alongside Sweden, Colombia and Japan.

They will take on Japan in their first game on August 4 at the 41,000-seater Arena da Amazonia. Sweden and Colombia will play the group’s first game.

Three days later on August 7, Samson Siasia’s team will take on Sweden at the same venue while Colombia and Japan will play later in the day.

Nigeria will then travel 3,875km to Sao Paulo (that’s twice the distance between Lagos and Maiduguri) for their last group game against Colombia at the Arena Corinthians on Wednesday August 10 while Sweden and Japan will travel 2605km to Salvador for their final game.

The streets of Manaus: Getty Images

The Rio Negro at sunset: JackPiranha

Manaus, the only host city in northern Brazil, is situated at the confluence between the Negro and Solimoes rivers.

And it is five hours behind Nigeria, meaning that matches will take place very late in the night or early morning next day.

It was one of the host cities of the 2014 World Cup, and amid complaints of the heat played host to matches between England and Italy, Cameroon and Croatia, USA and Portugal and Honduras and Switzerland.

With temperatures rising to 37 degrees, Manaus was the scene of the first official World Cup water break in the game between Portugal and the USA on June 22, 2014.

For journalists and Nigeria fans hoping to travel to the games, it will take four hours by domestic flights from Rio de Janeiro or almost 56 hours of road travel.

Nigeria’s match schedule below:

August 4
Nigeria vs Japan
Venue: Arena da Amazonia, Manaus
21:00 (2am Nigerian West African Time WAT, August 5)

August 7
Sweden vs Nigeria
Venue: Arena da Amazonia, Manaus
18:00 (11pm Nigerian WAT, August 7)

August 10
Colombia vs Nigeria
Venue: Arena Corinthians, Sao Paulo
19:00 (11pm Nigeria WAT, August 10)

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/17742/olympics/2016/04/14/22386502/nigeria-handed-punishing-olympic-football-travel-schedule-in

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
Oga... I know a lot about that Colombian team. So no need for the lectures.... grin

Besides, there are other players coming to the Olympics with more intimidating profiles (example, Zlatan Ibrahimovic MIGHT be at Rio 2016 facing Nigeria!!!). So I repeat, NOTHING TO FEAR. We can only show respect but no fear. Period.

No need mentioning players in Nigeria's arsenal. I think you know them or do you?

kingsleyAba:
Alexis Zapata (Colombia)
In 2011, James Rodriguez starred for
Colombia as they reached the quarter-finals
of the U20 World Cup on home soil. In 2013,
the magic of Juan Fernando Quintero
inspired the Cafateros to victory in the
Sudamericano U20 before almost single-
handedly dragging them to the round of 16 in
Turkey.
This time, the man entrusted with the
number 10 shirt is Udinese’s Alexis Zapa
Like Rodriguez and Quintero, Zapata is
another product of the prolific Envigado
youth academy that has also yielded
internationals Fredy Guarin, Luis Muriel and
Gio Moreno. After starring at the Juegos
Bolivarianos and Torneo di Viareggio,
Udinese swooped for the playmaker in
January 2014 before loaning him to Sassuolo
for the remainder of the season.
Blessed with a sweet left foot, intelligent
movement and decent pace, Zapata is
equally adept at beating his man or providing
a killer pass and will be expected to provide
the stardust along with former teammate
and Juventus target Andres Tello and Joao
Rodriguez, on loan at Bastia from Chelsea. if dia z nothing u can't fear about Colombia boyz fear zapata

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 14, 2016
I bet many fans will wake up at 2am to watch Nigeria v Japan cheesy

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:03am On Apr 15, 2016
binhozie:

I can't remember saying anything about fluminese and Queretaro, I was talking about ronaldo De Lima
Joe where do you get your defenders from ?
The strength of a club doesn't determine if a player can play in another club, its the players quality that determines Delli Alli was in Mk dons and he is a starter in Tottenham doesn't mean Mk dons mildfield is better or not better than Tottenham's own
I misunderstood you then
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:11am On Apr 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I doubt Chikatara will make it. He was among those who could not meet up with Coach Siasia's tedious training routines.

I hope Coach Samson Siasia gives Blessing Eleke another chance. I beg him.
This is what I do not understand about our Coaches, what has this tedious produced with the likes of Ajayi and other strikers he took to the AAGS & U23 AFCON? He might have managed to win the U23 Trophy, but remember at the Olympics, its not going to be the same ball game.

This might just be a pointer to the fact that Sir Forgiveness's stance on our Coaches' player selection is not out of place.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:37am On Apr 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Why do we do this?
Why?
Why do we come online and share articles, comments, news about out talents making something for themselves home and abroad?

Is it because we are perfect?
No. We are far from it. The FIFA ranking says it. Everyone can see it.

Is it because we are proud?
No. We are not going to the AFCON and we did not go there last time. How can we be proud.

We do this because out there, little to no one cares about the struggle that goes on down here. No one cares that the Government hands Billions of naira to the NFF and we have little to show.

None to few of those folks care if there are corrupt people in the powers of our football holding us back with bad decisions.

Do the Foreigners think we are perfect? No.

We do this because it takes us to see the light in the dark tunnel. It takes us to tell the World that Blessing Eleke was proud that he saved his team from losing a game. That he is not a black idiot but a young man who is making a name for himself despite the obstacles he faced growing up.

It takes people like us to tell the Foreigners that, "No. We are not all age cheats. There are a lot of young Nigerians who move from secondary schools to clubs.

The likes of John Mikel Obi who Plateau United fans called a small secondary school boy.

If we do not know, who will? Dailymail? Telegraph?

It is us, you and I on this thread, Nigerians who should know.

If Osimhen did not go through the MRI, many will jump up and down and say he is overage. He does not look smooth.

No one says there are no age cheats in Nigeria. Saying all our top young talents are age cheats or all players in the NPFL are age cheats defeat what we do here.

We are here to show that despite people see us as darkness, the sun still shines here.

Good Good Good article. So inspiring and strong enough to DEFEAT "self defeatism" that has always beclouded our sense of judgement as Nigerians or Blacks generally.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:51am On Apr 15, 2016
Icon4s:

Good write up my brother.

I hate it when peeps come here to tag our players age cheats.

I know many old players that did nt cheat with their age.

One of them is Emmanuel Amuneke. He was born in 1970. He finished Class Five(so it was called then) in 1989. That means he was 19 then. (We dey old for school those days).He shortly after signed a professional contract with Julius Berger FC. He broke into d national team at d 1991 All African games (U23) as a 21years old. Shortly after he signed for Egyptian giant-Zamalek. And d rest is history.
He was one of d over-aged players at d 1996 Olympics. He used his real age. He did nt look older than the Likes of Amokachi, Okocha, Ikpeba and Oliseh hu were still U23 then.

I know most professional African players age-cheat bt it is nt 100%. It baffles me that even with the introduction of the MRI some people still believe our last 2 Golden Eaglets class were over aged.

Taiwo Awoniyi that even wrote WAEC after he participated in the 2013 FIFA U17.

A guy dat knows John Lazarus in Abuja said he wrote WAEC a year before he featured at d U17 WC yet people were saying Lazarus doesn't look 17.

I know how people doubted d ages of the 2013 Eaglets until a pix they took 2 years earlier as U15 surfaced. And the difference in terms of physique was so clear. They looked 15 in 2011 & then looked 30 in 2013?

Age cheats was well pronounced in d past bt we have a new generation of talents of which most are truely their real ages and lets run with that.
And i expect more from dem cos they are yet to hit their peaks.

This just proves to me that Nigerians are the ones helping the Whites to spoil our name.

For instance, if my younger sister who graduated as the best footballer (for both boys and girls) in her school was allowed by dad to play for may be the U17. Most people would have tagged her as an age cheat, because when she was 15 or 16 yrs she looked much older and stronger than a 19 or 20yr old girl.

Some Nigerians do not believe in good things. But when it eventually happens. They allow their negative sense of judgement to water it down.

Look at the South Africaan U17 team that played against our dear Flamingoes. They looked stronger, heavier and much older than our girls or still 17yr old girls.
How many Nigerians noticed it. No body ever cared to go on air to ask some serious questions about their age.

However, you will still find the Nigerians making such calls when it involves their fellow Nigerians, when they actually don't exist

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:01am On Apr 15, 2016
terzurum5:

This is what I do not understand about our Coaches, what has this tedious produced with the likes of Ajayi and other strikers he took to the AAGS & U23 AFCON? He might have managed to win the U23 Trophy, but remember at the Olympics, its not going to be the same ball game.

This might just be a pointer to the fact that Sir Forgiveness's stance on our Coaches' player selection is not out of place.

Coaches are different. For instance, when Mancini came to Man City, he changed to a training process that was considered tedious.

Players like Adebayor, Bellamy, Stephen Ireland could not cope and they had to leave.

Look at Liverpool with Klopp. Remember his arrival at Liverpool and losing all the defenders to injuries, due to tedious training methods.

Guardiola is lighter in his training but does a lot of passing accuracy drills. If you are a strong workaholic and you can run up and down the pitch, if you do not have a high passing accuracy, he drops you.

That was why someone like Lahm could move into the midfield for Bayern. We knew Lahm for his running and crossing but Guardiola discovered he could pass really well. Same with Alaba.

So these routines of different coaching styles screen out players that might look good in one system but bad in another.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Pavarotti: 8:13am On Apr 15, 2016
Omeruo says he wants to play at Rio Olympics

Nigeria international Kenneth Omeruo has declared his interest to feature for the country at the Rio 2016 Olympics in Brazil in August

The Chelsea loanee, who has been in superlative form for Kasimpasa in the Turkish Super League, is 22 and eligible to play for coach Samson Siasia-led Dream Team VI.

He also said he wants to end the season on a high with a continental ticket.

"I just want to finish the season as well as possible and try and help Kasimpasa into a European spot. After that we will start thinking about next season. There is also the Olympics which I might be involved in," he told Chelsea official website.

He also rated Turkish league highly after he has featured in the Dutch league and the English Championship.

"I have already played in Holland [for ADO Den Haag] and in the Championship [for Middlesbrough] and it’s a combination of both. It’s relaxed because there is a game a week, especially if you’re not in the cup, so you have a lot of time to train and prepare for the next game which isn’t always the case in England,” he said.

"And the games are always tough. Teams that are struggling are always fighting hard. Every game is difficult but each one comes with improvement."

http://africanfootball.com/news/625166/Omeruo-says-he-wants-to-play-at-Rio-Olympics

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 8:16am On Apr 15, 2016
On paper , we can comfortably top the group ....these guys needs to start working hard and harder . It's the beginning of a new dawn .
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Pavarotti: 8:25am On Apr 15, 2016
Suddenly i'm not too sure about Omeruo's chances anymore

He seemed a sure bet for me before but with the emergence of the Porto boy and Troost-Ekongs new found form it might be hard

Read an insight into the defenders available for RIO here Countdown to Rio : Assembling the Dream II – The Centre Backs http://www.soccerassembly.com/countdown-to-rio-assembling-the-dream-ii-the-centre-backs/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:17am On Apr 15, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Coaches are different. For instance, when Mancini came to Man City, he changed to a training process that was considered tedious.

Players like Adebayor, Bellamy, Stephen Ireland could not cope and they had to leave.

Look at Liverpool with Klopp. Remember his arrival at Liverpool and losing all the defenders to injuries, due to tedious training methods.

Guardiola is lighter in his training but does a lot of passing accuracy drills. If you are a strong workaholic and you can run up and down the pitch, if you do not have a high passing accuracy, he drops you.

That was why someone like Lahm could move into the midfield for Bayern. We knew Lahm for his running and crossing but Guardiola discovered he could pass really well. Same with Alaba.

So these routines of different coaching styles screen out players that might look good in one system but bad in another.

If I am a Coach, I did marry both for optimal output.

No wonder both Fanen Adi and Aaron Samuel were adjudged as been unfit for the two matches against Egypt.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:29am On Apr 15, 2016
terzurum5:

If I am a Coach, I did marry both for optimal output.

No wonder both Fanen Adi and Aaron Samuel were adjudged as been unfit for the two matches against Egypt.

That becomes your coaching style. For instance, the high work rate Diego Simeone puts on his lads, many players can not cope with it.

Coach Siasia plays a very highline of defence and demands a lot of work rate to cope with the system.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.