Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700832 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:06pm On May 06, 2016
Wilfred Ndidi strikes again!!! grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:49pm On May 07, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Premier League 2015/2016 Arsenal
Iwobi battles Bellerin for Arsenal Young Player of Season
[/size]

Nigeria and Arsenal winger Alex Iwobi

Alex Iwobi’s remarkable debut season for Arsenal keeps getting better as he has now been nominated for the Young Player of the Season award alongside Joel Campbell, Hector Bellerin and Jeff Reine-Adelaide.

Iwobi made his full debut for Arsenal last October in a league cup fixture against Sheffield United and has since gone on to feature 12 times in the Premier League, starting the last seven games and scoring two goals.

He also got some games under his belt in the Champions League, starting in the Round of 16 clash with Barcelona at the Nou Camp.

He has equally gone on to make his official debut for Nigeria, playing in the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Egypt.

He has also been nominated for the Arsenal goal of the month for April.
africanfootball.com/news/627436/Iwobi-battles-Bellerin-for-Arsenal-Young-Player-of-Season
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:54pm On May 07, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria 2016 Olympics - Men Football Nigeria U23
Iheanacho or Iwobi - Who has made the bigger impact?
[/size]

Iheanacho (left) and Iwobi

by Samm Audu

Manchester City's Kelechi Iheanacho and Alex Iwobi from Arsenal are two of Nigeria’s most exciting young talents who have shone on their breakthrough debut season in the English Premier League.

Both youngsters could now come face-to-face on Sunday when their clubs step up their quest to play Champions League football next season.

The question now is – who has made the bigger impact this season?

Both have broken into the first-team of their English clubs, have been capped at full international level by Nigeria and could well feature at the Rio Olympics in August.

After proving his class in the youth ranks of City, Iheanacho has now scored 13 goals in all competitions for his big-spending, star-studded club.

Seven of those goals were in the EPL with the others in cup games.
A further breakdown of the goals showed Iheanacho was on target in the win over Stoke City (4-0), Swansea (2-1) and Crystal Palace (1-0).

He famously announced himself in the Premier League when he came off the bench to grab late-gasp winner at Crystal Palace in September.

In January, he netted his first-hat-trick for City in an FA Cup tie at Aston Villa.

The graduate from the Taye Academy in Owerri made his Super Eagles debut in November after representing Nigeria at U17 and U20 levels.

Like Iheanacho, Iwobi has also come through the ranks at Arsenal, where he has been since the age of seven.

A year older, the 20-year-old forward has been less prolific than his compatriot with two goals for Arsenal in the league.

His goals have come in wins against Watford and Everton.
Iwobi, who has featured for various England age-group teams, is a team player who has provided two assists for the London Gunners.

He has made a dozen appearances in the league as well as featured in the UEFA Champions League, starting in the crucial clash at Barcelona.

He is also a Nigeria international after his debut against DR Congo in a friendly in October.

Arsenal are well known for blooding their youngsters and so it has only been the norm that Iwobi will get his chance at The Emirates as long as he has proved himself at the various levels.

But Iheanacho has had to within a short time adapt to a new culture both on and off the pitch at the club, who believe more in working with established stars, to take his chance at City.

The numbers clearly showed that Iheanacho has played a bigger role for star-studded City this season, but what if Iwobi were to rise to the occasion and score the match winner to cement Arsenal’s Champions League place on Sunday?

City are on 64 points and will need to win at The Etihad on Sunday to topple Arsenal in third place.
africanfootball.com/news/627429/Iheanacho-or-Iwobi-Who-has-made-the-bigger-impact
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:28pm On May 07, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria International Friendlies Genk
Ndidi keeps Genk Europa League hopes alive
[/size]
Wilfred Ndidi

Nigeria international Wilfred Ndidi scored his third goal of the season on Friday to keep alive the hopes of Belgian club Genk featuring in the UEFA Europa League next season.

Genk beat Zulte-Waregem 2-0 with Ndidi nodding home off a Yoni Buyens free kick in the 63rdminute.

His club now have 36 points in the championship playoffs and are within the bracket for the qualifying rounds of the Europa League for next season.

The 19-year-old defender, who has successfully been converted to defensive midfield by his Belgian club, has now scored three goals in the league after 33 appearances this season.

It is a remarkable jump from his last season’s stats – six appearances.

The former Nigeria U17 and U20 star has been named by Nigeria for friendlies against Mali and Luxembourg later this month.
africanfootball.com/news/627413/Ndidi-keeps-Genk-Europa-League-hopes-alive

[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:48pm On May 07, 2016
Karim Onisiwo scored for Mainz... Another 9ja kid in the German top flight..

This is how injured team mate leon Balogun celebrated on twitter.

Leon Balogun ‏@LeonBalogun 8h8 hours ago
Na sooooo Karim!! Naija-Booooooooyyyy #VfBM05

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:50am On May 08, 2016
BTW Onisiwo has played one friendly for Austria but can still play for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by amagunnerfan: 2:03am On May 08, 2016
Icon4s:

Just because he is a Spurs player. undecided
Daily mirror now reporting the Sturridge news I told you, it appears I was right after all.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:24pm On May 08, 2016
I can see that Onazi and co really knack pidgin into Leon when he was last in camp... hahahahahaha ... grin

Great from this Onisiwo dude. #smiles

tbaba1234:
Karim Onisiwo scored for Mainz... Another 9ja kid in the German top flight..

This is how injured team mate leon Balogun celebrated on twitter.

Leon Balogun ‏@LeonBalogun 8h8 hours ago
Na sooooo Karim!! Naija-Booooooooyyyy #VfBM05

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 4:22pm On May 08, 2016
Icon4s:

So Chukwuma Akabueze still dey play ball?
yes bentley is still active
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:44am On May 09, 2016
EXCLUSIVE: ISACC SUCCESS WOULD PREFER A MOVE TO ATLETICO MADRID OVER WATFORD

Granada of Spain forward Isacc Success who is reportedly close to sealing a summer switch to Watford of England has made a u-turn following Atletico Madrid interest in his services.

Owngoalnigeria.com can also exclusively reveal that the 20 year old has already bid farewell to his teammates but despite Granada sanctioning a move to English

Premiership side Watford, a bid from Atletico Madrid has change the dynamics regarding his move.

“Valencia were the first to be turned down by Granada as they want him to go to Watford, a team owned by the owners of Granada, it appears so until Atletico Madrid came into the picture” A source close to the player told Owngoalnigeria.com.

Success we gathered prefers a move to Atletico Madrid as he wants to play in the UEFA Champions League and beside the Vicente Calderon based side are willing to pay him more in wages than Watford.

Currently out with a face injury, he returned to training yesterday and will most likely bid farewell to the fans when Granada play their last league game of the season at home against Barcelona.

So far he has scored six times in the Spanish League from the 30 games he has played this season.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/05/08/exclusive-isacc-success-would-prefer-a-move-to-athletico-madrid-over-watford/#more-3648

Date of news article: May 8th.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:48am On May 09, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Liverpool boss praises 'wonderful' Sheyi Ojo
[/size]

Sheyi Ojo in action for Liverpool

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has praised winger Sheyi Ojo following the Nigerian-born youngster’s impressive display in a home win against Watford.

'The Reds' were 2-0 winners over 'The Hornets' at Anfield on Sunday and Ojo was largely impressive in the win, a development which has drawn commendation from the Liverpool boss.

“Ojo, everybody saw already what a wonderful player he is,” said Klopp to the Liverpool website.

The 18-year-old got a rare start for Liverpool and was a handful for the Watford defence with his pace and trickery and Klopp said he believes the youngster made good use of the rare opportunity to start.

“We had to give them the opportunity and they took it. They took the chance,” he added.

Ojo started his career with MK Dons, before signing for Liverpool, where he has now made six Premier League appearances this season.

Although he has represented England at junior levels, he remains eligible for Nigeria.
http://africanfootball.com/news/627691/Liverpool-boss-praises-wonderful-Sheyi-Ojo
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:48am On May 09, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Iheanacho, Iwobi all-square in Nigeria brothers' clash
[/size]

Iheanacho (left) and Iwobi

Kelechi Iheanacho’ s Manchester City were pegged back 2-2 by Arsenal, who paraded fellow Nigeria star Alex Iwobi, on Sunday at the Etihad.

The draw means Arsenal stay in third place on 68 points from 37 matches, while City are on 65 minutes with rivals Manchester United breathing down their necks for UEFA Champions League football next season.

Both Iheanacho and Iwobi started this EPL clash.

Iwobi was very much involved in the game in the first half, defending and pushing forward, but in the second half he faded.

Theo Walcott replaced Iwobi after 59 minutes.

Iheanacho had a chance to score half way through the second half, but he was too selfish after he ended a long solo run towards Arsenal goal with a poor attempt at goal.

He gave way to Raheem Sterling in the 71st minute.
http://africanfootball.com/news/627678/Iheanacho-Iwobi-all-square-in-Nigeria-brothers-clash
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:49am On May 09, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
This will not be my best ever season vows Iheanacho
[/size]

Kelechi Iheanacho of Mancity (left)

Kelechi Iheanacho himself has admitted he has posted a great season, but he has also maintained there is more to come from him.

The Manchester City forward has netted 13 goals in all competitions for the star-studded English Premier League giants.

“It's not bad this season but I've got to keep working hard. This is not going to be the best season ever, I'm just starting and there will more good to come, I'll just keep working hard and working on everything in training and in games and I'll get there,” he told Sky Sports.

The 19-year-old Iheanacho has come through for City this season, netting seven Premier League goals despite not being a guaranteed starter and he said his goals have been important for him and his team.

“My record isn't bad, this season has been great for me and for the team as well," he said.

“I've been getting goals in the team and helping them.”

The youngster is also on the verge of extending his contract at the Etihad Stadium.
http://africanfootball.com/news/627603/This-will-not-be-my-best-ever-season-vows-Iheanacho
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:50am On May 09, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Iheanacho's goal nominated, praises Manchester City fans
[/size]

Manchester City Striker Kelechi Iheanacho

Kelechi Iheanacho’s second goal against Stoke City has been nominated for the Manchester City Goal of the Month for April just as the Nigeria youngster has praised the club’s fans.

Iheanacho scored twice in the month under review, both goals coming in the 4-0 win over Stoke City on the 23rd.

It is the second of his goals from that game that has been nominated for goal of the month.

The 19-year old received a pass from Wilfried Bony and went past two Stoke defenders before rounding goalkeeper Jakob Haugaard.

However, he has seven other players and nine other goals nominated against his own.

The Nigeria international has had breakthrough season with the club, scoring 13 goals in all competitions, seven of those in the Premier League, and also scored twice en-route to lifting the League Cup in February.

City have also had their best run in the Champions League this season, getting to the semifinal before being eliminated by Real Madrid last Wednesday, but have had an inconsistent run in the Premier League.

Iheanacho said he is grateful to the fans for the support they have shown the team, calling on them to continue the support in their final games of the season.

“The fans are very, very important - they cheer us on,” he told the City website.

“On Wednesday night they were far away in a big stadium but still we could hear them shouting us on loudly, giving us their support. We are very proud of them. We are very sorry that we couldn’t qualify for the final but we will come back stronger for them.

“The fans have been great to us this season. They have been cheering us on right from the very beginning. We need them behind us again in these two games in order to get into the Champions League next season. The supporters are really great and they have been especially great this season.”

The 19-year-old has been one of City’s best performers this season in what is his only first top-flight campaign, and he has so much gratitude to the fans, who he said have treated him very well.

“They treat me like one of their own and it is a great feeling. It is a great feeling when I hear them sing my name in the stands and I’m very happy when I hear that from them,” he said.

“We will look to keep doing well and make them proud.”

City host Arsenal this afternoon at the Etihad in their last home game of the season and Iheanacho is expected to play some part.
http://africanfootball.com/news/627601/Iheanacho-s-goal-nominated-praises-Manchester-City-fans
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:54am On May 09, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Onyekuru celebrates Belgian club's dramatic promotion
[/size]

Onyekuru will play in Belgian top flight next season

Nigerian youngster Henry Onyekuru is on Cloud Nine after his club KAS Eurpen were dramatically declared promoted to the Belgian top flight.

The Sport Court CBAS ruled in favour of Eupen as second-tier league table toppers White Star Brussels were not granted a licence for the professional leagues 1A and 1B.

Eupen finished as runners in division two and will now feature in the top league next season.

An elated Onyekuru told AfricanFootball.com that it is a dream come true for him and his team.

"We did it! We made it!! We have been promoted to the Pro League," an ecstatic Onyekuru told AfricanFootball.com

"I am so delighted with this because it's a dream come true for me, and the team as a whole.

“We are celebrating now. I don't really know what informed the decision but I am sure the body saw something and they decided. I am so excited."

Onyekuru scored six goals in the league for Eupen this season.

By Olusola Alao
http://africanfootball.com/news/627599/Onyekuru-celebrates-Belgian-club-s-dramatic-promotion
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:26am On May 09, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria star Aminu scores again in Turkey
[/size]

Aminu

New Super Eagles forward Umar Aminu was on target for Turkish club Osmanlispor as they came from three goals down to draw 3-3 with Bursaspor.

The 21-year-old striker and his teammates had conceded three goals inside 51 minutes, with any sort of redemption seemingly impossible at that point.

However, following a 62nd minute goal by Cameroonian striker Pierre Webo, Umar scored the second for Osmanlispor just seven minutes later, before Webo completed his brace and Osmanlispor’s comeback in the game.

It was Umar’s seventh goal for the club this season, and he went on to see out the game.

Meanwhile, his compatriot at the club, Raheem Lawal, started but was withdrawn after 46 minutes.

Both players are in the Nigeria squad for the friendly matches against Mali and Luxembourg on May 27 and June 1, respectively.
http://africanfootball.com/news/627573/Nigeria-star-Aminu-scores-again-in-Turkey
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:41am On May 09, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Sturm Graz Striker Edomwonyi Still Dreaming Of Representing Nigeria U23s At Olympic Games
[/size]

SK Sturm Graz striker Bright Edomwonyi still dreams of representing the Nigeria U23s at the 2016 Olympic Games, but has admitted that he has not been contacted by the Nigeria Football Federation or coach Samson Siasia.

Unarguably, this is Edomwonyi’s best season since his arrival in Europe, with 8 goals ( 5 assists) to his name across all competitions, including his strike last weekend against his former team Red Bull Salzburg (1-1).

“I have not really been contacted by the Under 23s coaching staff, but I am still hoping and believing that I could be called up soon to represent my country, ” said Bright Edomwonyi to allnigeriasoccer.com.

“It has always been my dream to represent my country.”

The 21-year-old was back to familiar terrain last weekend and was thankful to the Red Bull Salzburg fans for the warm reception during and after the game.

“It was a good feeling (to score) and also both fans appreciated and they were happy I scored the goal knowing that they around won the Bundesliga, ” he added.

The Sturm Graz number 34 netted his first professional hat-trick in a competitive fixture in his team’s 4-1 rout of Rheindorf Altach exactly a month ago.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18965
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 4:46pm On May 09, 2016
According to the BBC, Nigeria is trying to get Iorfa, Akpom, and Otigba.

I am surprised that we are just applying to fifa for Otigba. Anyway, better late than never.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 7:21pm On May 09, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
EXCLUSIVE: ISACC SUCCESS WOULD PREFER A MOVE TO ATLETICO MADRID OVER WATFORD

Granada of Spain forward Isacc Success who is reportedly close to sealing a summer switch to Watford of England has made a u-turn following Atletico Madrid interest in his services.

Owngoalnigeria.com can also exclusively reveal that the 20 year old has already bid farewell to his teammates but despite Granada sanctioning a move to English

Premiership side Watford, a bid from Atletico Madrid has change the dynamics regarding his move.

“Valencia were the first to be turned down by Granada as they want him to go to Watford, a team owned by the owners of Granada, it appears so until Atletico Madrid came into the picture” A source close to the player told Owngoalnigeria.com.

Success we gathered prefers a move to Atletico Madrid as he wants to play in the UEFA Champions League and beside the Vicente Calderon based side are willing to pay him more in wages than Watford.

Currently out with a face injury, he returned to training yesterday and will most likely bid farewell to the fans when Granada play their last league game of the season at home against Barcelona.

So far he has scored six times in the Spanish League from the 30 games he has played this season.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/05/08/exclusive-isacc-success-would-prefer-a-move-to-athletico-madrid-over-watford/#more-3648

Date of news article: May 8th.

How I wish this can be true,Athletico Madrid is by far the best option for him. I prefer spanish to EPL

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:11am On May 10, 2016
Napoleon55:

How I wish this can be true,Athletico Madrid is by far the best option for him. I prefer spanish to EPL

I agree with you. He will have a good player to understudy, especially when it comes to work rate on the pitch. Fernando Torres.

Also, Diego Simeone's work with young players is remarkable. The development of Correa, Saul and Griezmann is impressive. F. Torres improved working with Simeone. I hope the deal pulls through.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:10am On May 10, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Liverpool boss praises 'wonderful' Sheyi Ojo
[/size]

Sheyi Ojo in action for Liverpool fc

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has praised winger Sheyi Ojo following the Nigerian-born youngster’s impressive display in a home win against Watford.

'The Reds' were 2-0 winners over 'The Hornets' at Anfield on Sunday and Ojo was largely impressive in the win, a development which has drawn commendation from the Liverpool boss.

“Ojo, everybody saw already what a wonderful player he is,” said Klopp to the Liverpool website.

The 18-year-old got a rare start for Liverpool and was a handful for the Watford defence with his pace and trickery and Klopp said he believes the youngster made good use of the rare opportunity to start.

“We had to give them the opportunity and they took it. They took the chance,” he added.

Ojo started his career with MK Dons, before signing for Liverpool, where he has now made six Premier League appearances this season.

Although he has represented England at junior levels, he remains eligible for Nigeria.
http://africanfootball.com/news/627691/Liverpool-boss-praises-wonderful-Sheyi-Ojo
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:11am On May 10, 2016
[size=14pt]
Nigeria Olympic team parade 6 pros for Korea tourney
[/size]

Nigeria U23 striker Taiwo Awoniyi - Has confirmed he will feature in Korea tourney

Six overseas-based professionals led by Liverpool loanee Taiwo Awoniyi have confirmed they will be available for Nigeria’s Olympic team in an invitational tournament in South Korea later this month.

The other pros confirmed are Imoh Ezekiel, Sodiq Popoola (Belgium), Azubuike Okechukwu (Turkey), Ajayi Junior (Tunisia) and Usman Mohammed (Portugal).

The bulk of the squad for the tournament will be players who are based in Nigeria and have ben in training camp in Abuja since last month.

The tournament will feature hosts Korea, Honduras and Denmark and it is preparatory to the Rio Olympics in August.
http://africanfootball.com/news/627780/Nigeria-Olympic-team-parade-6-pros-for-Korea-tourney

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:12am On May 10, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Rising Liverpool ace Ojo says he's still learning
[/size]

Sheyi Ojo

Liverpool winger Sheyi Ojo has insisted he still has a lot to learn and will not be carried away by the praise from manager Jurgen Klopp.

Klopp described the Nigerian-born Ojo as “wonderful” after the 2-0 home win over Watford.

The 19-year-old winger has sparingly featured for the Reds this season, but has impressed in the 11 games he has played for the Liverpool first team this season.

However, he has insisted he still has to improve.

“Even if I were to play amazing, there are always more things I could still do. I can always play better,” he told the Liverpool website.

“Whenever I reflect on games, I'm always trying to improve and trying to figure out what I can do more for the next game to come.”

The youngster went on to state that playing for Liverpool has been good for him, adding that he will keep doing well if he keeps getting the opportunities.

“Obviously to play for such a big club like Liverpool at my age is very good and I'm grateful for how things have gone,” he said.

“I've always believed that if I was given the opportunity then I would be able to play at this level and to play well.”
http://africanfootball.com/news/627742/Rising-Liverpool-ace-Ojo-says-he-s-still-learning
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:23am On May 10, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Obaje leads Nigeria league goals race
[/size]

Chisom Egbuchulam of Rangers goes for goal vs 3SC on Sunday. he has scored six goals

Wikki Tourists striker Godwin Obaje, who is wanted by Enyimba for the CAF Champions League, has taken over the leadership of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) top scorers’ chart after his two goals helped his team beat Nasarawa United 2-1 in a Week 15 game at the weekend.

Obaje is setting the pace with eight goals.

He is closely followed by the quartet of Ismaila Gata (Niger Tornadoes), Anthony Okpotu (Lobi Stars), Mustapha Ibrahim (El Kanemi Warriors) and Okiki Afolabi (Sunshine Stars) on seven goals.

Chisom Egbuchulam (Rangers), Stephen Odey (MFM FC) and Wasiu Jimoh (3SC) have six goals each.

With five goals are Esosa Igbinoba (Nasarawa United), Ndifreke Effiong (Abia Warriors), Friday Ebong (Akwa United)and Kingsley Eduwo (Lobi Stars).

Rabiu Ali, Prince Aggrey (Kano Pillars), Pascal Seka ( FC IfeanyiUbah), Ebong (Akwa United), Bernard Ovoke (Rivers United) and Godwin Aguda (Rangers), all have netted four goals each.
http://africanfootball.com/news/627735/Obaje-leads-Nigeria-league-goals-race
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:55am On May 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe this one is even begging to play for us and the NFF seems to be the ones delaying his planned debut, over to you Sir Forgiveness gringrin

[b][size=14pt]
Kenneth Otigba Snubs Hungary Again; Writes To NFF & Hungarian Federation Over Switching International Allegiance
[/size]

Heerenveen defender Kenneth Otigba has hinted that he snubbed the chance to play for Hungary at the 2016 UEFA European Championship after he was contacted as he wants to fulfill his dreams of representing the Super Eagles.

The former Hungary U17s skipper has revealed that he has met several of the requirements needed for him to change his allegiance from Hungary to Nigeria and the ball is now in the court of the Nigeria Football Federation.

The BBC reported on Monday that Otigba, Chuba Akpom (Arsenal) and Dominic Iorfa (Wolves) may debut for the national team during the World Cup qualifiers.

“I played many games for Hungary’s youth teams and I have written to the NFF and the Hungarian Federation as well that I want to play for Nigeria if I’m given the chance, ” Otigba told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“I have a Nigerian passport, and made every contact and made every step to change my international allegiance to Nigeria.”

Kenneth Otigba was pleased to learn that he could be months away from making his international debut for Nigeria, with the NFF stating that the Heerenveen stopper will be handed a call up once they receive clearance from Fifa.

“I am very happy of course even if I am a little in the picture. I know if I do my very best, and I keep on playing games in my team I will get a chance to show myself.

“That’s a dream for me to play in the Super Eagles, and I think I can make the defense more organized.

“I was contacted a few times to play for the Hungary national team after I cancelled the last call up for a game but not officially, but my answer was still the same. My dream is Super Eagles, ” Kenneth Otigba added.

The Kaduna-born Otigba has made 31 appearances in the Dutch Eredivisie this season and has netted three times from his defensive position.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18978
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:01am On May 10, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Agent Dismisses Rumours Watford Target Isaac Success Is Joining Atletico Madrid
[/size]

Isaac Success’s representative has reiterated that the Granada striker is bound for Watford this summer, amid speculations in the local media that he will turn down a move to the Vic in favour of a switch to Atlético Madrid.

This website broke the news that the Champions League finalists had been exploring ways to sign the ex-Golden Eaglets sensation but are lagging behind in the race for his services due to Watford’s relationship with the Andalusian outfit.

“Success does not have any choice, he is going to Watford. They are not ready to sell him to any other club.” Dominic Egbukwu, speaking on behalf of French intermediary Oliver Noah, told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“The owner of the club said he is not selling him and Uche to any other club apart from Watford. Atlético Madrid came since for him but they refused to sell.

“Once Odion Ighalo leaves, we are hoping Watford can meet his wage demands.”

The 20-year-old Isaac Success has contractual obligations with Granada until the summer of 2019.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18974
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:02am On May 10, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria U23s Target Solomon-Otabor Named Birmingham City Young Player Of The Season
[/size]

Dream Team VI target Viv Solomon-Otabor has been chosen as Birmingham City’s Young Player of the Season for 2015-2016 at the end of season awards held at The Vox, Resorts World on Monday evening.

The exciting winger, 20, broke into the first team of the Blues this term from the Academy Team and has been recognized by the club following a string of fine performances in official matches.

Birmingham City higher-ups were impressed with Solomon-Otabor so much so that he was offered a new contract in January which will keep him at St Andrew’s until the summer of 2019.

Overall, the London-born player made 25 appearances in total having made his debut against Gillingham FC, and scored his first goal for the club against Fulham in November.

Viv Solomon-Otabor has committed his international future to Nigeria ahead of England.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18977
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:05am On May 10, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: AKWA UNITED FINALLY AGREE TO LET EKPAI JOIN MACCABI HAIFA
[/size]

Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal that the proposed transfer of Akwa United forward Ubong Ekpai to Isreali side Maccabi Haifa of Israel which suffered some hiccups is back on.

Ekpai agreed a deal with Maccabi Haifa but Akwa United were reluctant to let the player leave in the middle of the Nigeria Professional Football League season but according to scoops gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com, He will now complete his transfer when the transfer window opens in Israel.

We gathered Akwa United over the weekend accepted the offer made by Maccabi Haifa for the services of the 21 year old forward who is a part of Nigeria’s male football Olympics team that will participate at the Rio Olympics in the summer.

The man who scored Nigeria U-23s lone goal in a shock 1-0 friendly win over their Brazilian counterparts in Rio will travel to Israel soon to complete the deal with the transfer window set to open on the 16th of May in Israel and Akwa United are expected to release his International Transfer Certificate (ITC) once the transfer becomes official.

Maccabi Haifa will most likely play in the Europa League next season as thay are presently fourth on the league table and also through to the final of the Israeli cup where they will take on Maccabi Tel Aviv on the 24th of May.

Managed by Ouziel David, neither the player nor his intermediary could be reached by us regarding the recent development.

Ahmed Ishaya.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/05/10/exclusive-akwa-united-finally-agree-to-let-ekpai-join-maccabi-haifa/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:09am On May 10, 2016
They have started singing his praises gringringringringringrin TheSuperNerd can you tell me the reason why am smiling
[b][size=14pt]
Ugbade: Iheanacho Deserves Man City Success
[/size]

By James Agberebi:

Former Nigeria international Nduka Ugbade has described Kelechi Iheanacho’s debut season in the English Premier League as a success.

After impressing in Manchester City’s pre-season games, Manuel Pellegrini decided to promote Iheanacho into the first team.

And the 19-year-old has gone on to repay the manager’s faith in him by scoring seven goals in 25 league appearances.

In a chat with Completesportsnigeria.com, Ugbade pointed out that Iheanacho’s ability to execute whatever instructions given to him by his manager has aided his progress.

“He (Iheanacho) has been very wonderful, a success for Manchester City this season,” Ugbade told Completesportsnigeria.com. “And the reason for this is when a young lad is educated on the best tactics on the pitch, that is according to the science that governs the game, you don’t expect anything less than this.

“The same thing applies to players like Wilfred Ndidi in Belgium and Jide Idowu who is in the United States. A lot of them are doing well. So I don’t expect anything less from Iheanacho, he has been very wonderful.”

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ugbade-iheanacho/#Qb4ixYt1hEHg3jlS.99
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by bigblangston: 4:00pm On May 10, 2016
terzurum5:
They have started singing his praises gringringringringringrin TheSuperNerd can you tell me the reason why am smiling
[b][size=14pt]
Ugbade: Iheanacho Deserves Man City Success
[/size]

By James Agberebi:

Former Nigeria international Nduka Ugbade has described Kelechi Iheanacho’s debut season in the English Premier League as a success.

After impressing in Manchester City’s pre-season games, Manuel Pellegrini decided to promote Iheanacho into the first team.

And the 19-year-old has gone on to repay the manager’s faith in him by scoring seven goals in 25 league appearances.

In a chat with Completesportsnigeria.com, Ugbade pointed out that Iheanacho’s ability to execute whatever instructions given to him by his manager has aided his progress.

“He (Iheanacho) has been very wonderful, a success for Manchester City this season,” Ugbade told Completesportsnigeria.com. “And the reason for this is when a young lad is educated on the best tactics on the pitch, that is according to the science that governs the game, you don’t expect anything less than this.

“The same thing applies to players like Wilfred Ndidi in Belgium and Jide Idowu who is in the United States. A lot of them are doing well. So I don’t expect anything less from Iheanacho, he has been very wonderful.”

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ugbade-iheanacho/#Qb4ixYt1hEHg3jlS.99
[/b]
No be only "SCIENCE" of the game na "GEOGRAPHY" of the game he sabi, he knws d "science" and u benched him to bad mouth his performance after their disgraceful ouster frm d tourney. Smh

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by sabaeh(m): 4:40pm On May 10, 2016
Join this football prediction channel on bbm to win big

C00251705

C00251705

C00251705

C00251705

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:43pm On May 10, 2016
terzurum5:
TheGoodJoe this one is even begging to play for us and the NFF seems to be the ones delaying his planned debut, over to you Sir Forgiveness gringrin

[b][size=14pt]
Kenneth Otigba Snubs Hungary Again; Writes To NFF & Hungarian Federation Over Switching International Allegiance
[/size]

Heerenveen defender Kenneth Otigba has hinted that he snubbed the chance to play for Hungary at the 2016 UEFA European Championship after he was contacted as he wants to fulfill his dreams of representing the Super Eagles.

The former Hungary U17s skipper has revealed that he has met several of the requirements needed for him to change his allegiance from Hungary to Nigeria and the ball is now in the court of the Nigeria Football Federation.

The BBC reported on Monday that Otigba, Chuba Akpom (Arsenal) and Dominic Iorfa (Wolves) may debut for the national team during the World Cup qualifiers.

“I played many games for Hungary’s youth teams and I have written to the NFF and the Hungarian Federation as well that I want to play for Nigeria if I’m given the chance, ” Otigba told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“I have a Nigerian passport, and made every contact and made every step to change my international allegiance to Nigeria.”

Kenneth Otigba was pleased to learn that he could be months away from making his international debut for Nigeria, with the NFF stating that the Heerenveen stopper will be handed a call up once they receive clearance from Fifa.

“I am very happy of course even if I am a little in the picture. I know if I do my very best, and I keep on playing games in my team I will get a chance to show myself.

“That’s a dream for me to play in the Super Eagles, and I think I can make the defense more organized.

“I was contacted a few times to play for the Hungary national team after I cancelled the last call up for a game but not officially, but my answer was still the same. My dream is Super Eagles, ” Kenneth Otigba added.

The Kaduna-born Otigba has made 31 appearances in the Dutch Eredivisie this season and has netted three times from his defensive position.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18978
[/b]

I think the ball is in FIFA's court. His clearance will come. The NFF have accepted him. Let us wait for his clearance and he will get his call up.

His wait is almost over. I think the NFF deserves praise for their steps in securing him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.