Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,195 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700380 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:51pm On May 10, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Agent Dismisses Rumours Watford Target Isaac Success Is Joining Atletico Madrid
[/size]

Isaac Success’s representative has reiterated that the Granada striker is bound for Watford this summer, amid speculations in the local media that he will turn down a move to the Vic in favour of a switch to Atlético Madrid.

This website broke the news that the Champions League finalists had been exploring ways to sign the ex-Golden Eaglets sensation but are lagging behind in the race for his services due to Watford’s relationship with the Andalusian outfit.

“Success does not have any choice, he is going to Watford. They are not ready to sell him to any other club.” Dominic Egbukwu, speaking on behalf of French intermediary Oliver Noah, told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“The owner of the club said he is not selling him and Uche to any other club apart from Watford. Atlético Madrid came since for him but they refused to sell.

“Once Odion Ighalo leaves, we are hoping Watford can meet his wage demands.”

The 20-year-old Isaac Success has contractual obligations with Granada until the summer of 2019.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18974
[/b]

“The owner of the club said he is not selling him and Uche to any other club apart from Watford. Atlético Madrid came since for him but they refused to sell.

The kind of thunder that will strike this agent is receiving instructions from his coach. What kind of annoying talk is this? Isaac Success development is important. It should not be about money always. Please, let the boy go to Atletico Madrid.

After his development, we can talk of his wages. This agent should fight for the Atletico deal, not wages for percentage things.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:58pm On May 10, 2016
terzurum5:
They have started singing his praises gringringringringringrin TheSuperNerd can you tell me the reason why am smiling
[b][size=14pt]
Ugbade: Iheanacho Deserves Man City Success
[/size]

By James Agberebi:

Former Nigeria international Nduka Ugbade has described Kelechi Iheanacho’s debut season in the English Premier League as a success.

After impressing in Manchester City’s pre-season games, Manuel Pellegrini decided to promote Iheanacho into the first team.

And the 19-year-old has gone on to repay the manager’s faith in him by scoring seven goals in 25 league appearances.

In a chat with Completesportsnigeria.com, Ugbade pointed out that Iheanacho’s ability to execute whatever instructions given to him by his manager has aided his progress.

“He (Iheanacho) has been very wonderful, a success for Manchester City this season,” Ugbade told Completesportsnigeria.com. “And the reason for this is when a young lad is educated on the best tactics on the pitch, that is according to the science that governs the game, you don’t expect anything less than this.

“The same thing applies to players like Wilfred Ndidi in Belgium and Jide Idowu who is in the United States. A lot of them are doing well. So I don’t expect anything less from Iheanacho, he has been very wonderful.”

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ugbade-iheanacho/#Qb4ixYt1hEHg3jlS.99
[/b]

“If Kelechi is such a big name as many say he is, how come he is not playing in the first team at Manchester City?"... Coach Ndukka Ugbade.

https://www.nairaland.com/1952331/all-news-olympic-eagles-u-23/17#35120376

Let us free Coach Ugbade a bit. He also helped in Nacho's growth. Sometimes, when coaches make mistakes, they say things to cover their tracks. Remember Pellegrini saying Iheanacho is not a striker?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:05am On May 11, 2016
terzurum5:
They have started singing his praises gringringringringringrin TheSuperNerd can you tell me the reason why am smiling
[b][size=14pt]
Ugbade: Iheanacho Deserves Man City Success
[/size]

By James Agberebi:

Former Nigeria international Nduka Ugbade has described Kelechi Iheanacho’s debut season in the English Premier League as a success.

After impressing in Manchester City’s pre-season games, Manuel Pellegrini decided to promote Iheanacho into the first team.

And the 19-year-old has gone on to repay the manager’s faith in him by scoring seven goals in 25 league appearances.

In a chat with Completesportsnigeria.com, Ugbade pointed out that Iheanacho’s ability to execute whatever instructions given to him by his manager has aided his progress.

“He (Iheanacho) has been very wonderful, a success for Manchester City this season,” Ugbade told Completesportsnigeria.com. “And the reason for this is when a young lad is educated on the best tactics on the pitch, that is according to the science that governs the game, you don’t expect anything less than this.

“The same thing applies to players like Wilfred Ndidi in Belgium and Jide Idowu who is in the United States. A lot of them are doing well. So I don’t expect anything less from Iheanacho, he has been very wonderful.”

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ugbade-iheanacho/#Qb4ixYt1hEHg3jlS.99
[/b]

Yes O! Coachay.

You guys did amazing jobs with those lads and I believe the education you, Amunike and Coach Manu Garba helped in the quick blending of these lads into the clubs that took them. No doubt you guys passed great knowledge to these young lads but you guys should write books. These books will help the younger generation who might not have the opportunity of working with people like you learn more about the scienceathat governs the game.

I will read too.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:11am On May 11, 2016
“And the reason for this is when a young lad is educated on the best tactics on the pitch, that is according to the science that governs the game, you don’t expect anything less than this."... Coach Ndukka Ugbade.

This is the kind of education our local grassroots players gain by being part of the U17 program. There is the educational development that mould their football careers.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:58am On May 11, 2016
terzurum5:
TheGoodJoe this one is even begging to play for us and the NFF seems to be the ones delaying his planned debut, over to you Sir Forgiveness gringrin

[b][size=14pt]
Kenneth Otigba Snubs Hungary Again; Writes To NFF & Hungarian Federation Over Switching International Allegiance
[/size]

Heerenveen defender Kenneth Otigba has hinted that he snubbed the chance to play for Hungary at the 2016 UEFA European Championship after he was contacted as he wants to fulfill his dreams of representing the Super Eagles.

The former Hungary U17s skipper has revealed that he has met several of the requirements needed for him to change his allegiance from Hungary to Nigeria and the ball is now in the court of the Nigeria Football Federation.

The BBC reported on Monday that Otigba, Chuba Akpom (Arsenal) and Dominic Iorfa (Wolves) may debut for the national team during the World Cup qualifiers.

“I played many games for Hungary’s youth teams and I have written to the NFF and the Hungarian Federation as well that I want to play for Nigeria if I’m given the chance, ” Otigba told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“I have a Nigerian passport, and made every contact and made every step to change my international allegiance to Nigeria.”

Kenneth Otigba was pleased to learn that he could be months away from making his international debut for Nigeria, with the NFF stating that the Heerenveen stopper will be handed a call up once they receive clearance from Fifa.

“I am very happy of course even if I am a little in the picture. I know if I do my very best, and I keep on playing games in my team I will get a chance to show myself.

“That’s a dream for me to play in the Super Eagles, and I think I can make the defense more organized.

“I was contacted a few times to play for the Hungary national team after I cancelled the last call up for a game but not officially, but my answer was still the same. My dream is Super Eagles, ” Kenneth Otigba added.

The Kaduna-born Otigba has made 31 appearances in the Dutch Eredivisie this season and has netted three times from his defensive position.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18978
[/b]

I still dey observe. (observation mood)

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:07pm On May 11, 2016
forgiveness:

I still dey observe. (observation mood)
gringrin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:16pm On May 11, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Sheyi Ojo vows to shine for Liverpool to repay Klopp
[/size]

Ojo

Nigerian-born winger Sheyi Ojo has said he hopes to repay the confidence Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has shown on him by shinning for ‘The Reds’.

The youngster was on loan at English Championship side Wolverhampton Wanderers when Klopp replaced Brendan Rodgers, and he was recalled by the German, who has since gone on to give him several first-team opportunities.

And the 18-year-old winger said he will show he is grateful for the opportunity by turning on the style playing for Liverpool.

“He's given me loads of confidence ever since I've come back from Wolves and I'm grateful for that,” said Ojo to the Liverpool website.

“Jürgen is a great manager and I'm happy to be working under him. I'm just trying to learn off him and the first-team staff and even the Academy staff.

“Hopefully I can keep repaying him with good performances,” he added.

Ojo even started Liverpool’s last game, a 2-0 defeat of Watford, of which he shone brightly.

He has also made a handful of other Premier League appearances as well as playing in the League Cup.
http://africanfootball.com/news/627859/Sheyi-Ojo-vows-to-shine-for-Liverpool-to-repay-Klopp
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:17pm On May 11, 2016
[size=14pt]
League leaders Rangers get Nwobodo boost
[/size]

Obinna Nwobodo (left) of Rangers

Nigeria league table toppers Rangers have been boosted with the return of Obinna Nwobodo for today’s Week 16 game against Sunshine in Akure.

Nwobodo has fully recovered from illness that stopped him from featuring against Shooting Stars in a Week 15 game which ended 1-1 in Enugu.

However, another absentee from the Shooting Stars game, striker Bobby Clement, is still out due to injury.

"Bobby Clement still out but Obinna Nwobodo makes a return to the team ahead of the Sunshine clash," Rangers announced.

Rangers are pace setters of the league with 27 points and will want a victory in Akure to consolidate their leadership.
http://africanfootball.com/news/627910/League-leaders-Rangers-get-Nwobodo-boost

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:17pm On May 11, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Iheanacho says Rashford comparisons push him
[/size]

Iheanacho

Manchester City forward Kelechi Iheanacho has said comparisons with Manchester United young striker Marcus Rashford has challenged him to work harder.

Iheanacho has had a remarkable season for City, scoring 13 times in 34 games, mostly coming off the bench, while Rashford has netted seven times in 16 games and the Nigeria star said he welcomes the comparison.

“I love a challenge so when people compare me and Rashford, it gives me more confidence and motivation. It also makes me work even harder,” the Nigeria youngster told The Daily Mail.

“I hope people keep comparing us because if we can keep challenging each other in the coming years it could be great for Manchester. If we both keep doing well, improving and scoring lots of goals for the team it could be interesting.”

Iheanacho also had some kind words for the 18-year old Rashford, despite both of them playing on opposite sides in Manchester, saying he is learning from the Englishman.

“Rashford is a great young talent. He is big and strong and makes good decisions so I think he's going to be a really good player for United in the coming years,” he said.

“You can learn from every player so I've learned from Rashford as well this season and I wish him all the best in his career.

“Like all young players coming through for their clubs in this country, I hope they do well and continue to do well. Nobody knows what will happen in the future though.

“I don't know anyone who is playing who doesn't want to keep improving and be at the top level. I don't know if I'll end up being a top player or not.

“But I'll be working hard to achieve that and I wouldn't complain if it happened. I just have to keep going and see where it takes me.”
http://africanfootball.com/news/627890/Iheanacho-says-Rashford-comparisons-push-him
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:19pm On May 11, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Iheanacho admits he's amazed with his impact
[/size]

Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho

Nigeria starlet Kelechi Iheanacho has admitted he is surprised with how far he has progressed in the English Premier League in his debut season.

Youngster Iheanacho has scored 13 goals in 34 games in all competitions this season, mostly coming off the bench.

He joined Manchester City directly from the Taye Academy in Owerri, Nigeria, shortly after the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup and while he wasn’t expected to feature so soon for the star-studded City side, he has not only featured, but has gone on to make an appreciable impact.

“Whatever happens now it has been a great season for me. I couldn’t have imagined what has happened so far so I’m really happy,” he told the Daily Mail.

“So much has happened in the last few years it is difficult to take in. If you start thinking about being here one moment and there the next, your brain would get overload and your head would be spinning so it’s best not to think about it too much.”

The 19-year old also went to state that he has had to listen to his teammates, in order to keep getting better.

“The other lads are always talking to me, offering advice and helping me – whether in training or in games – and I listen to everything they say,” he said.

“Like any striker I love scoring goals and I’m not really fussed how they go into the net as long as they do.

“I just take the chances as they come. It’s just about being in the right place at the right time and when the chance comes your way you have to be able to take it.”
http://africanfootball.com/news/627898/Iheanacho-admits-hes-amazed-with-his-impact
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:38pm On May 11, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Junior Ajayi Has Cast Further Doubt On His Availability For South Korea Tournament
[/size]

Nigeria U23 international Junior Ajayi has cast further doubt on his availability for the South Korea 4 Nation Tournament after revealing that Tunisian side CS Sfaxien has not yet approved his trip to the Asian country.

Earlier, Tunisian intermediary Mahmoud Ouaddeni did not mince words when quizzed if the former Shooting Stars striker will represent the Nigeria U23s during the tournament, stating that he can only join the squad as from June 12.

“Tomorrow we have a match against Etoile du Sahel. After the match I will confirm from the club, I don’t know yet if I’ll be released, ” Ajayi told allnigeriasoccer.com in a telephone conversation on Tuesday morning.

Ajayi is the joint top scorer at CS Sfaxien in the Ligue 1 this season, with 8 goals to his name from 22 games.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18982
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:38pm On May 11, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Vincent Onovo Resumes Full Training With HJK Helsinki
[/size]

Vincent Onovo trained with the first team of HJK Helsinki on Tuesday after spending close to one month on the sidelines due to a knee injury.

The defensive midfielder last featured for the Veikkausliiga powerhouse on April 18 when he lasted the distance against SJK .

“I had an injury against SJK but I am back again, I started training with the first team today. Ten minutes before the end of the game I felt something . Nobody kicked me, I just felt pain after the game,” Onovo said to allnigeriasoccer.com.

“I felt normal when I trained with the team today, maybe Monday I’ll play my first game.”

The 20-year-old managed to play four games in the Veikkausliiga before injury curtailed his appearances,

He joined HJK Helsinki from Inter Turku at the end of the 2015 season.

Igho Kingsley
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18986
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:21pm On May 11, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Leading scorer Obaje won't set goals target
[/size]

Leading scorer in the Nigeria league Wikki Tourists striker Godwin Obaje has said he will not set a personal goals target for the season.

Obaje has scored eight goals thus far this season.

“I have not set any target for myself as regards the number of goals I want to score this season,” said Obaje, whose contract with Slovakia champions AS Trencin was called off before it even started.

“All I try to do is contribute my quota, continue scoring the goals and see that I help my team achieve our objectives at the end of the season.

“The good thing about our team is that most of the players have been together for more than two seasons and we understand how our coach wants us to play.”

Leading scorer in the Nigeria league Wikki Tourists striker Godwin Obaje has said he will not set a personal goals target for the season.

Obaje has scored eight goals thus far this season.

“I have not set any target for myself as regards the number of goals I want to score this season,” said Obaje, whose contract with Slovakia champions AS Trencin was called off before it even started.

“All I try to do is contribute my quota, continue scoring the goals and see that I help my team achieve our objectives at the end of the season.

“The good thing about our team is that most of the players have been together for more than two seasons and we understand how our coach wants us to play.”
http://africanfootball.com//news/627874/Leading-scorer-Obaje-wont-set-goals-target
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 2:39pm On May 11, 2016
Ezeh and Awaziem

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:51pm On May 11, 2016
tbaba1234:
Ezeh and Awaziem

Are they brothers? They look a like sir.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:57pm On May 11, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria U23s Coach Sweating On The Fitness Of Defender Ahead Of Trip To South Korea
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Nigeria U23s coach Samson Siasia is sweating on the fitness of Abia Warriors defender Chizoba Amaefule ahead of his side’s trip to South Korea for a four-nation tournament.

A source that witnessed the Dream Team’s training sessions noticed that the stopper only resumed training five days ago after picking up a leg injury during one of the workouts.

The national team handlers have not totally ruled him out of the tournament and will continue to monitor his fitness in the coming days before announcing the squad that will be on the plane to Asia.

The 21-year-old Chizoba Amaefule was part of the squad that shocked the Brazilians in their own backyard in their last fixture.

He represented the Dream Team VI at the 2015 Africa U23 Cup of Nations.

Igho Kingsley
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18995
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 4:07pm On May 11, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria U23s Coach Sweating On The Fitness Of Defender Ahead Of Trip To South Korea
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Nigeria U23s coach Samson Siasia is sweating on the fitness of Abia Warriors defender Chizoba Amaefule ahead of his side’s trip to South Korea for a four-nation tournament.

A source that witnessed the Dream Team’s training sessions noticed that the stopper only resumed training five days ago after picking up a leg injury during one of the workouts.

The national team handlers have not totally ruled him out of the tournament and will continue to monitor his fitness in the coming days before announcing the squad that will be on the plane to Asia.

The 21-year-old Chizoba Amaefule was part of the squad that shocked the Brazilians in their own backyard in their last fixture.

He represented the Dream Team VI at the 2015 Africa U23 Cup of Nations.

Igho Kingsley
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18995
[/b]

This panicky defender that he and Segun Oduwa cost us several goals at the group stage of the CAF U23. Siasia should better know what he is doing.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 4:10pm On May 11, 2016
tbaba1234:
Ezeh and Awaziem

Look at these small fine boys.

These are the kids some peeps would come here and call 30 years old men. Ezeh does not even look up to 18.

5 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 4:22pm On May 11, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Iheanacho admits he's amazed with his impact
[/size]

Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho

Nigeria starlet Kelechi Iheanacho has admitted he is surprised with how far he has progressed in the English Premier League in his debut season.

Youngster Iheanacho has scored 13 goals in 34 games in all competitions this season, mostly coming off the bench.

He joined Manchester City directly from the Taye Academy in Owerri, Nigeria, shortly after the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup and while he wasn’t expected to feature so soon for the star-studded City side, he has not only featured, but has gone on to make an appreciable impact.

“Whatever happens now it has been a great season for me. I couldn’t have imagined what has happened so far so I’m really happy,” he told the Daily Mail.

“So much has happened in the last few years it is difficult to take in. If you start thinking about being here one moment and there the next, your brain would get overload and your head would be spinning so it’s best not to think about it too much.”

The 19-year old also went to state that he has had to listen to his teammates, in order to keep getting better.

“The other lads are always talking to me, offering advice and helping me – whether in training or in games – and I listen to everything they say,” he said.

“Like any striker I love scoring goals and I’m not really fussed how they go into the net as long as they do.

“I just take the chances as they come. It’s just about being in the right place at the right time and when the chance comes your way you have to be able to take it.”
http://africanfootball.com/news/627898/Iheanacho-admits-hes-amazed-with-his-impact
[/b]

Yes, You amazed me too.
Well done boy and thanks for doing Nigeria proud.

Yes you broke an EPL record of the lowest minutes to goal ratio.
I must still say "you are not there yet". Yes, I say so because where I wish you to be is far ahead of where you are today.
I wish you to be a leading striker in Europe. I wish you to lead the Super Eagles attack that would play in the 2018 WC. I wish you to break Rashidi Yekini's record of highest goals scoring striker in Nigeria. I wish you to compete with the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Bale and Neymar in terms of wages.

To whom God has blessed with this much talent, much is expected.

Well done boy and keep working hard.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:47am On May 12, 2016
Icon4s:

Yes, You amazed me too.
Well done boy and thanks for doing Nigeria proud.

Yes you broke an EPL record of the lowest minutes to goal ratio.
I must still say "you are not there yet". Yes, I say so because where I wish you to be is far ahead of where you are today.
I wish you to be a leading striker in Europe. I wish you to lead the Super Eagles attack that would play in the 2018 WC. I wish you to break Rashidi Yekini's record of highest goals scoring striker in Nigeria. I wish you to compete with the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Bale and Neymar in terms of wages.

To whom God has blessed with this much talent, much is expected.

Well done boy and keep working hard.
AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:21am On May 12, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Flying Eagles dare Dream Team in test game
[/size]

Osimhen will lead Flying Eagles attack against Nigeria's Olympic team today

Nigeria’s U20 team, the Flying Eagles, will take on their Olympic team counterparts today in what is expected to be their sternest test yet as they prepare for an U20 AFCON qualifier in Burundi next week.

The Flying Eagles are mainly the FIFA U17 world champions of last year and under the tutelage of coach Emmanuel Amuneke. They have been unbeaten in their preparatory games ahead of their trip to Bujumbura.

Skipper Kelechi Nwakali and Victor Osimhen have stood out for the new Flying Eagles thus far.

The Olympic team, better known as Dream Team VI, have also been in training camp in Abuja and are also getting set for an invitational tournament in South Korea at the end of the month.

However, coach Samson Siasia has been unhappy with that the top league stars he has called up have only trickled into training camp as they step up preparations for the Rio Olympics in August.

Both teams last clashed in January 2015 during the expanded Super 4 and the result was a thrilling 3-3 draw.

Today's match is fixed for 4pm at the FIFA Goal Project.
http://africanfootball.com/news/628018/Flying-Eagles-dare-Dream-Team-in-test-game
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:50am On May 12, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Flying Eagles dare Dream Team in test game
[/size]

Osimhen will lead Flying Eagles attack against Nigeria's Olympic team today

Nigeria’s U20 team, the Flying Eagles, will take on their Olympic team counterparts today in what is expected to be their sternest test yet as they prepare for an U20 AFCON qualifier in Burundi next week.

The Flying Eagles are mainly the FIFA U17 world champions of last year and under the tutelage of coach Emmanuel Amuneke. They have been unbeaten in their preparatory games ahead of their trip to Bujumbura.

Skipper Kelechi Nwakali and Victor Osimhen have stood out for the new Flying Eagles thus far.

The Olympic team, better known as Dream Team VI, have also been in training camp in Abuja and are also getting set for an invitational tournament in South Korea at the end of the month.

However, coach Samson Siasia has been unhappy with that the top league stars he has called up have only trickled into training camp as they step up preparations for the Rio Olympics in August.

Both teams last clashed in January 2015 during the expanded Super 4 and the result was a thrilling 3-3 draw.

Today's match is fixed for 4pm at the FIFA Goal Project.
http://africanfootball.com/news/628018/Flying-Eagles-dare-Dream-Team-in-test-game
[/b]

With the crop of U23 players in camp right now I tip the Flying Eagles to win.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:32am On May 13, 2016
Japan U23 beat Ghana U23 3-0 in an international friendly.

Well, I am not moved because Nigeria U23 also recently beat Brazil U23 1-0.

Henn...but that our group na die o. undecided
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by denniece1(m): 9:17am On May 13, 2016
Heard the flying Eagles won the game

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:44am On May 13, 2016
denniece1:
Heard the flying Eagles won the game
YES THEY DID
[b][size=14pt]
Osimhen, Bamgboye Score As Flying Eagles Come From A Goal Down To Beat Nigeria U23s
[/size]

The Flying Eagles continued preparations for their Africa U20 Cup of Nations qualifiers against Burundi with an impressive 2-1 victory against the Dream Team VI on Thursday.

Samson Siasia’s side took the lead in the 22nd minute when Daniel Etor’s freekick needed a deflection before sailing into the net, but the goal has been awarded to the Enyimba striker.

The Nigeria U23s were pegged back ten minutes later by Funsho Bamgboye, who received a pass from Wolfsburg trainee Osimhen before tapping home from close range.

On 65 minutes, the Flying Eagles launched one of their trademark counterattacks. John Lazarus’ whipped ball towards the Dream Team’s goal found Victor Osimhen, who slotted home from six yards.

The Nigeria delegation to Bujumbura will depart Abuja on Wednesday, May 18 aboard an Ethiopian Airlines flight.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19013
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:52am On May 13, 2016
Icon4s:
Japan U23 beat Ghana U23 3-0 in an international friendly.

Well, I am not moved because Nigeria U23 also recently beat Brazil U23 1-0.

Henn...but that our group na die o. undecided

Yes there is and should be course for concern. You should be moved because of Coach Samson Siasia's choice of players. I want to believe that we have better U23 players in Nigeria than what we normally turn to invite to the camp. Just imagine the Flying Eagles defeating the Olympics team. That shows that Coach Samson Siasia must have allowed sentiments or wrong judgment to control his thinking or player selection. It is a very big shame of the just promoted U17 to defeat the next to be or Super Eagles team B1 or B2, any how you rate it.

We have Godwin Obaje, Chisom Chikatara and co, but Siasia would prefer Hussain Bolt and other wrestling like built or conditioned players. It is shameful.

Hope Sir TheGoodjoe is well armed and prepared with better and superior arsenal to argue this out. But if you are bent on supporting this kind of thing, then be ready for another heart attack in the Olympics proper if we go with the wrong players.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:04am On May 13, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria Target Dominic Iorfa Part Of England Squad For Toulon Tournament
[/size]

Dominic Iorfa has been named in the England U21s squad for the Toulon Tournament that will take place in France from 18-29 May 2016.

The Wolverhampton Wanderers defender is the only player of Nigerian descent that made Gareth Southgate’s 20-man roster, with the likes of Jordon Ibe (Liverpool), Chuba Akpom (Arsenal), Ola Aina (Chelsea) and Dominic Solanke (Vitesse Arnhem) all missing out.

Iorfa will be hoping to add to the five caps that he has earned for the England U21s during the competition that will see the Young Lions take on Portugal, Guinea, Paraguay and Japan in the group matches.

Born in Southend-on-Sea, England, the fullback represented England at U18 and U20 level before he was promoted to the U21s in 2015.

It has been reported that the Nigeria Football Federation has made contact with Dominic Iorfa regarding the youngster committing his international future to the Super Eagles ahead of the Three Lions.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19010
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:07am On May 13, 2016
terzurum5:

YES THEY DID
[b][size=14pt]
Osimhen, Bamgboye Score As Flying Eagles Come From A Goal Down To Beat Nigeria U23s
[/size]

The Flying Eagles continued preparations for their Africa U20 Cup of Nations qualifiers against Burundi with an impressive 2-1 victory against the Dream Team VI on Thursday.

Samson Siasia’s side took the lead in the 22nd minute when Daniel Etor’s freekick needed a deflection before sailing into the net, but the goal has been awarded to the Enyimba striker.

The Nigeria U23s were pegged back ten minutes later by Funsho Bamgboye, who received a pass from Wolfsburg trainee Osimhen before tapping home from close range.

On 65 minutes, the Flying Eagles launched one of their trademark counterattacks. John Lazarus’ whipped ball towards the Dream Team’s goal found Victor Osimhen, who slotted home from six yards.

The Nigeria delegation to Bujumbura will depart Abuja on Wednesday, May 18 aboard an Ethiopian Airlines flight.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19013
[/b]

See gobe!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:10am On May 13, 2016
[size=14pt]
Rilwan Hassan on target in Danish champions big win
[/size]

Onuachu (right) played for Danish champions

Nigerian forward Rilwan Hassan was among the goals for his Danish club FC Midtjylland on Wednesday as they thrashed hosts Hobro 4-1 in a league game.

The Danish champions are third on the league table with 49 points in 29 games.

Hassan scored in the 82nd minute to take the game to 3-1.

He has now scored five goals in 14 games.

His compatriot, Paul Onuachu, was a 46th minute substitute for Midtjylland as he replaced Andre Roemer.
http://africanfootball.com/news/628036/Rilwan-Hassan-on-target-in-Danish-champions-big-win

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:25am On May 13, 2016
terzurum5:

Yes there is and should be course for concern. You should be moved because of Coach Samson Siasia's choice of players. I want to believe that we have better U23 players in Nigeria than what we normally turn to invite to the camp. Just imagine the Flying Eagles defeating the Olympics team. That shows that Coach Samson Siasia must have allowed sentiments or wrong judgment to control his thinking or player selection. It is a very big shame of the just promoted U17 to defeat the next to be or Super Eagles team B1 or B2, any how you rate it.

We have Godwin Obaje, Chisom Chikatara and co, but Siasia would prefer Hussain Bolt and other wrestling like built or conditioned players. It is shameful.

Hope Sir TheGoodjoe is well armed and prepared with better and superior arsenal to argue this out. But if you are bent on supporting this kind of thing, then be ready for another heart attack in the Olympics proper if we go with the wrong players.

My brother, I am as worried as u are. I said I am not moved because I know "we are Nigeria". We know how to get things right even at the dying minutes grin

If there is something I dislike most about Siasia, it is his choice of team selection; the "my boys" issue.

Siasia has done this on several occasions and the NFF always play deaf and dumb. He is fund of having certain set of players he calls "his boys" and would always invite them at the detriment of other quality players. Such was the case when he was the Super Eagles coach in 2011 when he kept inviting below average players like Isaac Promise, Chibuzor Oknokwo, Solomon Okoronkwo and Yinka Adedeji just because he took them to d Olympics in 2008. The last time I set my eyes on Yinka Adedeji in 2009 or 2010 he was clubless and was only playing football on the streets of Agbado-Ijaiye, Adura to be precise, a suburb of Lagos. Next thing Siasia Invited him to the Super Eagles.

I have sadly noticed the trend of invited players for this U23 team. There is too much favoritism. How can players like Victor Osimhen, Taiwo Awoniyi and Junior Ajayi be the leading U23 strikers when players like Imoh Ezekiel, Isaac Success, Chisom Chikatara, Aaron Samuel and Godwin Obaje fall under this age category? Next thing he has penciled down Odion Ighalo. Recall too that Siasia brought Odion Ighalo to limelight. Ighalo was Siasia's captain at the 2009 WYC hosted in Egypt. All those likes of Ubong Ukpai to me are not even supposed to be in the list of best 100 U23 players

The other day, I read the story of how he was battling with Amaefule's fitness. Amaefule and Amuzie's fitness problem is no issue but Leone Balogun and Kenneth Omeruo "are too injury prone" right?

Injury prone Stanley Amuzie is a preferred left back option over a more industrious and very fit Kingsley Madu.

Forumites, we are stake holders in this whole thing. Let us not cease to make our suggestions. Even if Siasia would ignore, a very high ranking NFF official or sport administrator or even technical committee member can take up Siasia's selection case.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:43am On May 13, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Awoniyi dubs Siasia a magician
[/size]

Dream Team forward, Taiwo Awoniyi has declared that the team’s gaffer, Samson Siasia is a quality coach that is capable of leading Nigeria to another glorious outing at the Rio 2016 Olympics this summer.

The Germany based forward in an interview he granted Goal yesterday said it wont be out of place calling Siasia a magician.
In his words: “I am not sing-praising anybody…I don’t think there is anything to fear at the Olympics since Siasia is in charge. I can as well call him a magician.”

Nigeria has been drawn in the same group with Sweden, Japan and Colombia at Rio 2016 and Awoniyi is confident that the coach would fashion out a victorious plan.

“ I have played under coach Siasia for some time now and he has this great quality of pushing players to do what such player never believed they can do in their life,” Awoniyi said.

Awoniyi has been included in the team that will play in a four-nation tournament in South Korea later this month against the hosts, Denmark and Honduras, all teams that will play at the Olympics.

“Right now I am working on how to get the South Korean visa for the four-nation tournament. I am sure we are not going there to make up the numbers because I heard that the teams playing in the tournament have also qualified for the Olympics. It is going to be very tough but I am confident of our team. We won’t disappoint football loving Nigerians,” he said.
Meanwhile, Coach Samson Siasia has lamented the inability to keep the invited NPFL players in camp and the disruption to his preparation for the Rio 2016 Olympic Men’s Football Tournament.

In June the Dream Team VI are due to play in a four-nation invitational tournament in South Korea but the shoddy preparation caused by the ongoing NPFL season and clubs refusal to release their best legs coupled with the unavailability of the foreign based means Samson Siasia is in a fix as he expressed.

A subdued Siasia described how burdensome his back and forth negotiations with the club owners have been overtime. The coach claims on occasions he had less than 10 players to build a team good enough to represent the country in Brazil.
http://sunnewsonline.com/awoniyi-dubs-siasia-a-magician/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:49am On May 13, 2016
Icon4s:

My brother, I am as worried as u are. I said I am not moved because I know "we are Nigeria". We know how to get things right even at the dying minutes grin

If there is something I dislike most about Siasia, it is his choice of team selection; the "my boys" issue.

Siasia has done this on several occasions and the NFF always play deaf and dumb. He is fund of having certain set of players he calls "his boys" and would always invite them at the detriment of other quality players. Such was the case when he was the Super Eagles coach in 2011 when he kept inviting below average players like Isaac Promise, Chibuzor Oknokwo, Solomon Okoronkwo and Yinka Adedeji just because he took them to d Olympics in 2008. The last time I set my eyes on Yinka Adedeji in 2009 or 2010 he was clubless and was only playing football on the streets of Agbado-Ijaiye, Adura to be precise, a suburb of Lagos. Next thing Siasia Invited him to the Super Eagles.

I have sadly noticed the trend of invited players for this U23 team. There is too much favoritism. How can players like Victor Osimhen, Taiwo Awoniyi and Junior Ajayi be the leading U23 strikers when players like Imoh Ezekiel, Isaac Success, Chisom Chikatara, Aaron Samuel and Godwin Obaje fall under this age category? Next thing he has penciled down Odion Ighalo. Recall too that Siasia brought Odion Ighalo to limelight. Ighalo was Siasia's captain at the 2009 WYC hosted in Egypt. All those likes of Ubong Ukpai to me are not even supposed to be in the list of best

The other day, I read the story of how he was battling with Amaefule's fitness. Amaefule and Amuzie's fitness problem is no issue but Leone Balogun and Kenneth Omeruo "are too injury prone" right?

Injury prone Stanley Amuzie is a preferred left back option over a more industrious and very fit Kingsley Madu.

Forumites, we are stake holders in this whole thing. Let us not cease to make our suggestions. Even if Siasia would ignore, a very high ranking NFF official or sport administrator or even technical committee member can take up Siasia's selection case.

Gbam! You just nailed it all. Where is TheGoodJoe

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.