Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697898 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:18pm On May 20, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
**I still dey "fainting" mode.... when I get up i'll face you Sir...**

So your birthday na November things eh? And I was around... #frowns

**we go talk later... I still dey recover from shock of Madam Confun's revelation**

May 19 Super borns in this wonderful house alone:

- Safarigirl

- Terzurum5

- Confun

- Justiz5

- Orkpekyandega

- Blackalbino6

- any other pls??

Na wa ooo.... May 19 na special day here biko!!!

**faints again**

Chai, see, you stole my format. I wanted to faint for Ndidi's goal. The kind of faint only fresh fish can wake me up from.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Xlad(m): 5:09pm On May 20, 2016

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 5:45pm On May 20, 2016
Better late than none,special birthday shout-out to may 19 celebrants . - Safarigirl
- Terzurum5
- Confun
- Justiz5
- Orkpekyandega
- Blackalbino6

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 6:03pm On May 20, 2016
I've not really accessed NDIDI's kind of play to be able to rate him properly whether he belongs to the group of players I can confidently rate as world class,or has the potential to be world class.
If anybody in the house can help give an unbiased analysis of his play,I'll appreciate.
Is his passing accuracy as good as Olisey's?his dribbles and speed,his markings and tackling,his vision and long balls.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:47pm On May 20, 2016
Napoleon55:
I've not really accessed NDIDI's kind of play to be able to rate him properly whether he belongs to the group of players I can confidently rate as world class,or has the potential to be world class.
If anybody in the house can help give an unbiased analysis of his play,I'll appreciate.
Is his passing accuracy as good as Olisey's?his dribbles and speed,his markings and tackling,his vision and long balls.

Wilfred Ndidi, though lately i have only seen highlights of his goals. I have a better knowledge of him as a Centre back. He played d CB role at the 2013 AYC, 2013 WYC and 2015 WYC. I would say he was rock solid as a CB in all of those tourneys.

He currently plays as a DMF at club level a new fashioned out role. I cannot for now compare him with Oliseh cos i have nt seen any 90mins of his game.

People comparing Ndidi with Oliseh should recall that Oliseh was only 19 when he featured at the 1994 AFCON and 94 WC. Oliseh was 21 @ 1996 Olympics. Those of u dat really watched Oliseh play those tourneys would recall Oliseh's authority as a DMF. Most of Yekini's and Amuneke's goals came as long crosses from Oliseh.

Ndidi is currently 20years old but does he have the kind of aurhority and influence that a 19yrs old Oliseh had? Ndidi scores goals of which i can liken him more to Ogenyi Onazi.

Yes, he can one day become a better player than Oliseh but comparing him as he is now with d 19yrs old Oliseh of the 1994 AFCON and WC? Hmmm.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by confun: 7:51pm On May 20, 2016
Tx for birthday wishes, am indeed very grateful...
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 7:55pm On May 20, 2016
@ Madam Confun abeg no vex se my birthday wishes is coming late. Age with Grace.

Xlad say something or I'm I d only one not seeing ur comment cos na only 'dot' I see for here.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:21pm On May 20, 2016
Icon4s:

Wilfred Ndidi, though lately i have only seen highlights of his goals. I have a better knowledge of him as a Centre back. He played d CB role at the 2013 AYC, 2013 WYC and 2015 WYC. I would say he was rock solid as a CB in all of those tourneys.

He currently plays as a DMF at club level a new fashioned out role. I cannot for now compare him with Oliseh cos i have nt seen any 90mins of his game.

People comparing Ndidi with Oliseh should recall that Oliseh was only 19 when he featured at the 1994 AFCON and 94 WC. Oliseh was 21 @ 1996 Olympics. Those of u dat really watched Oliseh play those tourneys would recall Oliseh's authority as a DMF. Most of Yekini's and Amuneke's goals came as long crosses from Oliseh.

Ndidi is currently 20years old but does he have the kind of aurhority and influence that a 19yrs old Oliseh had? Ndidi scores goals of which i can liken him more to Ogenyi Onazi.

Yes, he can one day become a better player than Oliseh but comparing him as he is now with d 19yrs old Oliseh of the 1994 AFCON and WC? Hmmm.

We are not comparing him to Oliseh but tipping him to grow into that kind of player. This was not his usual role but the Dynamite Kid (Stolen from TheSuperNerd's research files - Hehe) is learning fast.

Goal rate? We can not use Onazi to compare because Onazi has five goals in his whole professional career playing in the midfield, for both club and country.

Wilfred "The Dynamite Kid" Ndidi has four goals this season.

He has a lot to learn and we know it but

TheSuperNerd is like Morpheus and like Neo In The Matrix, I AM BEGINNING TO BELIEVE.

By the way, beating Anderlecht 5-2 by Gent is a massive victory. I hope they make it.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:26pm On May 20, 2016
Wilfred Ndidi's goal on Thursday was his third in the playoffs.

Boom Shakalaka.

TheSuperNerd, we found a weapon.

The Dynamite Kid packs a Dynamite in his foot.

I hope he keeps improving and growing.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:07pm On May 20, 2016
Hahahahahaha.....

His post is a pix showing results of the Toulon tournament Nigeria withdrew from. #smiles.....

The Toulon tournament 2016 recently kicked off..

AIG07:
@ Madam Confun abeg no vex se my birthday wishes is coming late. Age with Grace.

Xlad say something or I'm I d only one not seeing ur comment cos na only 'dot' I see for here.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:09pm On May 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We are not comparing him to Oliseh but tipping him to grow into that kind of player. This was not his usual role but the Dynamite Kid (Stolen from TheSuperNerd's research files - Hehe) is learning fast.

Goal rate? We can not use Onazi to compare because Onazi has five goals in his whole professional career playing in the midfield, for both club and country.

TheSuperNerd is like Morpheus and like Neo In The Matrix, I AM BEGINNING TO BELIEVE.

By the way, beating Anderlecht 5-2 by Gent is a massive victory. I hope they make it.

Good. No room for comparison yet.
Not writing down Ndidi. He is one of my favorite young players bt I need him to move to a more competitive league.

Besides, he has Ogenyi Onazi and Azubuike Okechukwu to contend with for the DMF position in d Super Eagles.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:14pm On May 20, 2016
Icon4s:

Good. No room for comparison yet.
Not writing down Ndidi. He is one of my favorite young players bt I need him to move to a more competitive league.

Besides, he has Ogenyi Onazi and Azubuike Okechukwu to contend with for the DMF position in d Super Eagles.

I doubt he will make the starting line up but the young man needs to believe in himself. He needs to keep working hard and he will improve.

If he maintains his stats and even improve, it will not take long for clubs to come for him.

The competition in the midfield is hard. It will take class to break into a midfield that has Azubuike, Etebo and Mikel battling for a starting place.

Usman Mohammed showed great form in Chan.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:26pm On May 20, 2016
I can't believe you just cited "The Matrix trilogy".

**covers face** Don't compare me with Neo and Morpheus.... I am "NOT THERE YET" wink

**But when I'm ready... when I reach there... I wont have an equal... I just know. wink

Still "growing" though.. grin #BigSmiles

But I get your central point shaa...... wink Thanks.

But honestly, I didn't have to wait long before I saw the signs of a possible new golden generation rise. I'm glad most of our young rising stars haven't let me down so far.... and I hope they keep the right attitude, get better and go on to fulfill their highest potentials. smiley

I have a full clip made by Fifa TV and FIFA futbol mundial on Nigeria's next golden generation soon after UAE 2013 success. I got it this year and was excited to see that even foreigners and certain football experts see Nigeria's Generation next close to the way I already saw it. Cool!

I'm super convinced about it and Nothing will sway me. wink #smiles

TheGoodJoe:

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:27pm On May 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I doubt he will make the starting line up but the young man needs to believe in himself. He needs to keep working hard and he will improve.

If he maintains his stats and even improve, it will not take long for clubs to come for him.

The competition in the midfield is hard. It will take class to break into a midfield that has Azubuike, Etebo and Mikel battling for a starting place.

Usman Mohammed showed great form in Chan.

Azubuike just clocked 18, Karo Etebo is 21, There are also Akinjide Idowu and Chidi Nwakali hu fall withing this age bracket. I saw Ifeanyi Ifeanyi playing for MFM in a league game 2weeks back.That boy also holds lots of promises. Onazi is 24 and so baring any injuries or deep in form has many years ahead. The other younger players would really have to up their games to b a prefered DMF choice for d Super Eagles.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:30pm On May 20, 2016
Napoleon55:
Better late than none,special birthday shout-out to may 19 celebrants
- Safarigirl

- Terzurum5

- Confun

- Justiz5

- Orkpekyandega

- Blackalbino6
Tanx

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:51pm On May 20, 2016
Icon4s:

Azubuike just clocked 18, Karo Etebo is 21, There are also Akinjide Idowu and Chidi Nwakali hu fall withing this age bracket. I saw Ifeanyi Ifeanyi playing for MFM in a league game 2weeks back.That boy also holds lots of promises. Onazi is 24 and so baring any injuries or deep in form has many years ahead. The other younger players would really have to up their games to b a prefered DMF choice for d Super Eagles.

It is all about belief and hardwork. Ndidi is showing fantastic promise. I think the others should raise their games because Ndidi's playoff stats are nice.

The competition is welcomed and it will only make us stronger.

I still consider Usman Mohammed an important player for our Olympic team. Coach Siasia has a lot of headaches ahead.

I hope Ndidi can maintain and even improve on what he has done in the playoffs.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:03am On May 21, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

I can't believe you just cited "The Matrix trilogy".

**covers face** Don't compare me with Neo and Morpheus.... I am "NOT THERE YET" wink

**But when I'm ready... when I reach there... I wont have an equal... I just know. wink

Still "growing" though.. grin #BigSmiles

But I get your central point shaa...... wink Thanks.

But honestly, I didn't have to wait long before I saw the signs of a possible new golden generation rise. I'm glad most of our young rising stars haven't let me down so far.... and I hope they keep the right attitude, get better and go on to fulfill their highest potentials. smiley

I have a full clip made by Fifa TV and FIFA futbol mundial on Nigeria's next golden generation soon after UAE 2013 success. I got it this year and was excited to see that even foreigners and certain football experts see Nigeria's Generation next close to the way I already saw it. Cool!

I'm super convinced about it and Nothing will sway me. wink #smiles

My heart is still on Awoniyi I hope he lands the right coach to refine his talent because, that guy has the potential of doing great exploits.

Wish our Super Golden Generation the best.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:01am On May 21, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Chai, see, you stole my format. I wanted to faint for Ndidi's goal. The kind of faint only fresh fish can wake me up from.
If its Sir Icon4s fish that you want to target, na your pocket oooo. gringrin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:18am On May 21, 2016
NLban:
Happy birth day; Safarigirl(Sports section first lady), terzurum5,(super sports reporter), [b]orkpekyandega(super eagles addict), blackalbino6(a.k.a the charcoal man cum youth football advocate), justiz5,(another on and off football reporter).....

*Wish you guys more ink to your pen*[/b]
Lol @the bolded. Na ban me I de fear ooooh.

Am hapi its coming from NLban (Nairaland Ban right grin)
I de follow una bomber to bomber.

Tanx with regards.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:30am On May 21, 2016
AIG07:

Haaaaa! Aye mi o o o o o!!!
Happy birthday to everybody! ...From Safari to Terzurum5, Terzurum to Blackalbino6, blackalbino to orkpekyandega, orkpekyandega to Justiz5, and Justiz to the net o o o...(over to Austin Milado)

I hope Sir, Icon4s have enough fishes for the night party!

I sight you Sir.

Goood morning every body.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:43am On May 21, 2016
Napoleon55:
Better late than none,special birthday shout-out to may 19 celebrants
- Safarigirl

- Terzurum5

- Confun

- Justiz5

- Orkpekyandega

- Blackalbino6

Am loyal Sir

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by justiz5(m): 8:06am On May 21, 2016
NLban:
Happy birth day; Safarigirl(Sports section first lady), terzurum5,(super sports reporter), orkpekyandega(super eagles addict), blackalbino6(a.k.a the charcoal man cum youth football advocate), justiz5,(another on and off football reporter).....

*Wish you guys more ink to your pen*

A bigger shout out to everyone here.

4 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by samueld0(m): 11:28am On May 21, 2016
wao!. am happy to be back on this thread since last year. hope u guyz are doing great

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:55pm On May 21, 2016
You are very much welcome Sir. #smiles

Je suis enchante encore. smiley

samueld0:
wao!. am happy to be back on this thread since last year. hope u guyz are doing great

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:12pm On May 21, 2016
samueld0:
Oga Samueld0 #yOUmUSTpAYsUBSCRIPTION# ~for your unnecessary absence~

u re welcome.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by samueld0(m): 7:39pm On May 21, 2016
terzurum5:

Oga Samueld0 #yOUmUSTpAYsUBSCRIPTION# ~for your unnecessary absence~

u re welcome.

lol my boss!
just help me to thank God atleast am back. i've mised alot here ooo

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:08pm On May 21, 2016
samueld0:

lol my boss!
just help me to thank God atleast am back. i've mised alot here ooo
We thank God hope u re back nw.

Lets hit the ground going

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:14pm On May 21, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria Hoping To Secure International Future Of Bohemians Star Akinade Ahead Of Republic Of Ireland
[/size]

The Nigeria Football Federation is monitoring the highly-rated Bohemians striker Ismahil Akinade, with a view to handing the young star a call up in the not too distant future.

The Irish Mirror claims that the officials of the NFF have made contact with Akinade regarding representing one of the national teams but have not firmed up their interest by contacting his Irish club.

Akinade was born in Ibadan 22 years before relocating to the Republic of Ireland, meaning there is a strong possibility that he could represent the European country if he is not cap-tied to Nigeria.

He started his career with the youth team of St Patrick’s Athletic before making moves to Bray Wanderers and Bohemians.
Ex-West Ham stopper Lanre Oyebanjo represented the U19 and U21 national teams of Republic of Ireland but has not won any cap for the senior side, meaning he remains eligible to defend the colours of Nigeria.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19121
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:55pm On May 21, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Japan U23s Star Of Nigerian Descent Ado Onaiwu Features As Asians Lose To Paraguay In Toulon
[/size]

JEF United striker with Nigerian roots, Ado Onaiwu, was in action for the Japan U23s in their 2-1 loss to Paraguay in their opening fixture of the 2016 Toulon Tournament.

With the Asians trailing 1-0 at the Stade de Lattre-de-Tassigny, coach Makoto Teguramori introduced Onaiwu in the 52nd minute to add more firepower to his attack.

And they had two chances to draw level with Paraguay before Asano scored on the hour mark, butDiaz scored a well-struck free kick in the 70th minute to give the South Americans the lead again.

If Ado Onaiwu impresses in the tournament in France, there is a strong possibility that he will make Japan’s 18-man squad for the 2016 Olympic Games.

Nigeria will face Japan on August 4th at the Arena da Amazônia, Manaus in both countries opening fixture at the Games.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19124

[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:57pm On May 21, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Portugal Goal King Nwankwo Talks Up Move To Most Attractive League, EPL
[/size]

Gil Vicente striker Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo, 24, has talked up a dream move to the English Premier League.

The Future Hope Academy, Nkpor product put himself in the shop window in the just concluded season, with 20 goals from 43 matches to emerge as the overall top scorer in the Portuguese Segunda Liga.

Nwankwo has made it crystal clear that he will not be extending his Gil Vicente contract which runs out in the coming weeks and has revealed that he is attracting genuine interest from teams based in Portugal, Belgium, France and Croatia.

“My dream league is the English Premier League, it is the most attractive league and competitive league in my opinion,” says Simeon Nwankwo toa llnigeriasoccer.com.

“There is no decision yet on the team I am joining next season, I will decide on that later.

“I can’t be specific now, it’s down to my agent for now. There is interest from Portugal, Belgium, France, Croatia and a few more.”

Nwankwo arrived Gil Vicente in the summer of 2013 from Portimonense and rejected overtures from Sporting Braga, Belenenses, Vitória de Guimarães and Jagiellonia Bialystok before he was snapped up.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19120

[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 3:08am On May 22, 2016
Top Nigerian players in Europe this season

Ighalo (first half of season)
Isaac Success (player of the season for Granada)
Ndidi (Regular all season)
Iheanacho (excellent, when he played)
Musa (Champion, Again)
Iwobi (Great end to season)

I look at the above list and notice that only Ighalo and Musa can be considered regulars for the SE. Players like Ndidi and Success who have been consistent did not get a look-in.

Honourable mention.

Balogun (when he is fit)
Awaziem (break through season)

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:16am On May 22, 2016
tbaba1234:
Top Nigerian players in Europe this season

Ighalo (first half of season)
Isaac Success (player of the season for Granada)
Ndidi (Regular all season)
Iheanacho (excellent, when he played)
Musa (Champion, Again)
Iwobi (Great end to season)

I look at the above list and notice that only Ighalo and Musa can be considered regulars for the SE. Players like Ndidi and Success who have been consistent did not get a look-in.

Honourable mention.

Balogun (when he is fit)
Awaziem (break through season)

Ndidi featured under Keshi and Oliseh. Iheanacho and Iwobi first featured under Oliseh and then under Siasia. They cannot just automatically become regulars, they will have to earn it.

Success: The only player on that ur list that has nt been invited is Isaac Success. This is largely connected to the already long list of strikers available for selection: Ighalo, Ardi,Iheanacho, Samuel, Chikatara. Even a more experience striker like Imoh Ezekiel was nt considered by both Oliseh and Siasia.

Ndidi: For a player like him to become a regular he has to displace the more experienced Onazi and Mikel But remember also we have other upcoming DMF that are competing with Ndidi at U23 level.

Iheanacho: The coaches have still nt found a most effective role for him. Though some analyst (me inclusive) believe he should b played at CF Oliseh and Siasia played him as AM. Iheanacho has nt yet stamped his authority in the Super Eagles.

Iwobi: He IMO has settled fastest among the newly introduced young players.We can effectively use him as a Wing forward or a number 10. Nigeria for years has been searching for a modern number 10 & Alex Iwobi from d two games against Egypt has annouced himself a our new number 10. Bc we have wing options like Moses, Musa and Simon, I will prefer Iwobi to concentrate on the number 10 role.

God willing and also Siasia willing all four of Success, Ndidi, Iheanacho and Iwobi would make it to the Olympics and lets see how they would do their thing. Awaziem also deserves a place in the provisional list.

For Rio In a 4-5-1 formation i would prefer Iheanacho leads the attack. With a master passer like Iwobi playing behing him, Iheanacho with his goals convertion ratio would become a goals scoring machine. Isaac Success can be a sub for Iheanacho or Iheanacho plays SS for him in a 4-4-2 formation (jst like the Iheanacho-Aguero's partnership).

We dnt need Ighalo in that attack.

I believe this young forwards can deliver the goods.Lets just limit d over aged players to the defense and DMF positions.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.