Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697896 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:51am On May 24, 2016
terzurum5:
Why was Chidozie Awaziem substituted in the early minutes of the game, did he not impress?

[b][size=14pt]
Awaziem’s Porto lose Taça de Portugal to Braga
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/c2/30/chidozie-awaziem_1cfxyzk4gkmbl14tts016gd2ux.jpg?t=-627152236&w=620&h=430[/img]
Chidozie Awaziem

By Shina Oludare

The Nigerian was on parade for the Dragons as they bowed to the Archbishops in the final of the Portuguese Cup on Sunday

Nigeria defender Chidozie Awaziem was handed a starters’ shirt as FC Porto lost the Portuguese Cup to cross-city rivals SC Braga on penalties.

The game was decided via kicks from the penalty spot after scores stood at 2-2 after regulation time.

19-year-old Awaziem made way for Ruben Neves after 46 minutes as José Peseiro’s came from a two-goal deficit to level score in the closing minutes of the game.

Braga had capitalised on defensive errors from Porto to take a two-goal lead courtesy of Rui Fonte and Josue, but Andre Silva scored twice to force the game into extra-time.

With the game undecided after 120 minutes, kicks from the penalty spot was used to separate both teams and Marcelo Goiano converted the winning spot-kick after Hector Herrera and Maxi Pereira had missed for Porto.

The defeat rounded out a miserable season for the Dragons who finished third in the league behind Benfica and Sporting Lisbon. They have not won a title since 2013.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2016/05/22/23826802/awaziems-porto-lose-ta%C3%A7a-de-portugal-to-braga?ICID=HP_HN_3
[/b]

cc: TheSuperNerd, tbaba1234, and all others that followed the game live.

Though i didn't watch the match but i believe it could have been a tactical switch.
Being 2-0 down they needed goals to equalise so it only makes tactical sense to pull off a defender for an attacking player.

People that watched the game can give us more clues.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:21am On May 24, 2016
tbaba1234:

He was shaky, made errors.

No wonder, hope he improves.

Cc: Icon4s
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:39am On May 24, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
WATCH VIDEO OF WIFRED NDIDI GOAL VOTED AS GOAL OF THE SEASON IN BELGIUM
[/size]
Wilfred Ndidi goal for Genk against Club Brugge has been voted the best goal in the recently concluded 2015/2016 Jupiler Pro League in Belgium.

The goal was a long range screamer in Genk surprised 4-2 win over Club Brugge made more impressive due to the impeccable technique the 19 year old showed in keeping his volley on target from a loose ball cleared by the Genk defence.

He brought the ball under control and while it was still in flight lashed in a volley that sailed into the net leaving the goal kepper stranded and stunned.

Ndidi won the award at the end of season award ceremony of the league but lost the best young player award to his teammate Leon Bailey.

Already he is a subject of interest from several Bundesliga teams with Hamburg reportedly the first to slap in a bid in excess of €6m for his services.

However Genk will only be willing to do a deal for the 19 year old if a bid in excess of €10m is lodged for the central defender turned defensive midfielder who recently signed a new contract extension in Friday tying him till the summer of 2020.
*Rasheed Michael
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/05/23/ndidi-wins-goal-of-the-season-award-in-belgium/

[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:46am On May 24, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Dominic Iorfa Benched As England Run Riot In Toulon
[/size]

The England U21s won their second straight game at the ongoing Toulon Tournament; ringing up a 7-1 win over Guinea at the Stade de Lattre, Aubagne on Monday evening.

Wolverhampton Wanderers defender, Dominic Iorfa, who had gone the distance in the Young Lions victory over Portugal last Thursday, was an unused substitute against the Africans today.

Braces fromJack Grealish andCauley Woodrow, strikes fromJamie Ward-Prowse andNathan Redmond plus an own goal by Toure secured the win for Gareth Southgate’s charges .

Thierno Diallo had opened scoring in the first minute for the Guinea team before they crumbled like a pack of cards.

Iorfa, 20, who is on the radar of the Nigeria Football Federation will be hoping to get game time when England return to action against Paraguay on Wednesday, May 25.
Igho Kingsley
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19152

[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:50am On May 24, 2016
[size=14pt]
Exclusive : French Club Lyon Interested In Nigerian Striker
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com has been informed that seven-time French Ligue 1 champions Olympique Lyonnais have set the wheels in motion over a summer move for Nigerian striker Iorbee Godwin Zaki.

The 21-year-old has been invited to train withLes Goneswith a view to penning a contract if he impresses first-team manager Bruno Génésio.

A product of Lobi Stars, Zaki is now a free agent following the expiration of his contract with Maltese club Mqabba.

Before he arrived the Island Nation in October 2015, he represented Finnish club Oulun Palloseura.

Apart from the interest from Lyon, the young attacker is on the radar of teams based in Greece, Spain and Finland.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19149

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:33am On May 24, 2016
tbaba1234:

He was shaky, made errors.

Hmm... in a cup final. Typical for young players.
Hope he improves on that.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:34am On May 24, 2016
terzurum5:
[size=14pt]
Exclusive : French Club Lyon Interested In Nigerian Striker
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com has been informed that seven-time French Ligue 1 champions Olympique Lyonnais have set the wheels in motion over a summer move for Nigerian striker Iorbee Godwin Zaki.

The 21-year-old has been invited to train withLes Goneswith a view to penning a contract if he impresses first-team manager Bruno Génésio.

A product of Lobi Stars, Zaki is now a free agent following the expiration of his contract with Maltese club Mqabba.

Before he arrived the Island Nation in October 2015, he represented Finnish club Oulun Palloseura.

Apart from the interest from Lyon, the young attacker is on the radar of teams based in Greece, Spain and Finland.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19149

Is that guy a footballer or a weight lifter? grin

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:43am On May 24, 2016
Icon4s:

In that guy a footballer or a weight lifter? grin
I taya ooooooo
His body structure is more of Obafemi Martins or even that of Emenike.

If Stephen Keshi where still the Coach of the Super Eagles, he would have handed him a call up quickly.
He likes heavy weight champions gringrin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by confun: 10:04am On May 24, 2016
Icon4s:

Is that guy a footballer or a weight lifter? grin
lol, Chief icon, ds question made me laff...

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 10:24am On May 24, 2016
Is the dream team in the toulon tornament??

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:34am On May 24, 2016
linked:
Is the dream team in the toulon tornament??

No they later pulled out of the tournament, siting financial constraints.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:39am On May 24, 2016
confun:
lol, Chief icon, ds question made me laff...

grin the guy looks like a cross-breed of Aaron Samuel, Emmanuel Emenike and Obafemi Martins. grin

Abeg what position does he play?
Na the kin body wey them dey take chose defenders those days. grin

How I wish the MRI works for the U20 too. grin lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Pavarotti: 1:43pm On May 24, 2016

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 4:24pm On May 24, 2016
Pavarotti:

WIFRED NDIDI GOAL VOTED AS GOAL OF THE SEASON IN BELGIUM

http://www.soccerassembly.com/forums/topic/borussia-dortmund-monitoring-wilfred-ndidi/#post-313

[img]http://.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Wilfred-Ndidi.jpg[/img]
Good to hear!
Seriously, these lads are going places(high).

Just heard about C. Nwakali saying he wants to follow Nacho's steps in breaking into d skyblue elite's team.
What an healthy competition between these lads! This will benefit our national team at the long run.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by NLban: 5:45pm On May 24, 2016
Icon4s:

grin the guy looks like a cross-breed of Aaron Samuel, Emmanuel Emenike and Obafemi Martins. grin

Abeg what position does he play?
Na the kin body wey them dey take chose defenders those days. grin

How I wish the MRI works for the U20 too. grin lipsrsealed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3753309_zaki_jpeg0cae07f46fb126737ef653322822eda1
Consequences of eating Gari and playing football gringrin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:47pm On May 24, 2016
terzurum5, are you NLban?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:28pm On May 24, 2016
AIG07:

Good to hear!
Seriously, these lads are going places(high).

Just heard about C. Nwakali saying he wants to follow Nacho's steps in breaking into d skyblue elite's team.
What an healthy competition between these lads! This will benefit our national team at the long run.

For now, i don't think Nwakali is at that level. He should play at least one more full season in a lower league then build up. Norway has been good to him but Norway is not a very high level of football . Norway is good for youngsters though.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:29pm On May 24, 2016
tbaba1234:

For now, i don't think Nwakali is at that level. He should play at least one more full season in a lower league then build up. Norway has been good to him but Norway is not a very high level of football . Norway is good for youngsters though.

Chidebere Nwakali should give City a shot. Coach Pellegrini picked him for the Preseason in America were Nacho was amazing. Unfortunately, Nwakali injured and we did not get a chance to see him.

If Pellegrini believed Chidebere was good enough (After impressing in training), then he has the potential of breaking into the City squad.

With a possible departure of Yaya, there is space for him.

If Pellegrini believed Chidebere Nwakali was good enough back then, I think he should head to the Etihad campus and battle for his place in the team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:08pm On May 24, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Chidebere Nwakali should give City a shot. Coach Pellegrini picked him for the Preseason in America were Nacho was amazing. Unfortunately, Nwakali injured and we did not get a chance to see him.

If Pellegrini believed Chidebere was good enough (After impressing in training), then he has the potential of breaking into the City squad.

With a possible departure of Yaya, there is space for him.

If Pellegrini believed Chidebere Nwakali was good enough back then, I think he should head to the Etihad campus and battle for his place in the team.

Not taking anything away from C. Nwakali but do u really think he is a good enough replacement for the out going Yaya Toure?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:22pm On May 24, 2016
Icon4s:

Not taking anything away from C. Nwakali but do u really think he is a good enough replacement for the out going Yaya Toure?

If Coach Pellegrini thought he was good enough to break into the Manchester City squad, that is enough for me. It is not just about replacing Yaya but training under one of the best conditions in the game.

Working with Guardiola will go a long way in making Chidebere Nwakali a top player.

No one can know if C. Nwakali is good enough unless he is good enough.

Stardom is about belief and handwork under ideal conditions. If Chidebere Nwakali works hard towards it and believe in himself, he can achieve the unimaginable.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 12:39am On May 25, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

If Coach Pellegrini thought he was good enough to break into the Manchester City squad, that is enough for me. It is not just about replacing Yaya but training under one of the best conditions in the game.

Working with Guardiola will go a long way in making Chidebere Nwakali a top player.

Stardom is about belief and handwork under ideal conditions. If Chidebere Nwakali works hard towards it and believe in himself, he can achieve the unimaginable.

In pre season, many youngsters get a chance to train with the first team, it does not mean they will be involved in the season proper.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:41am On May 25, 2016
tbaba1234:

In pre season, many youngsters get a chance to train with the first team, it does not mean they will be involved in the season proper.

Yes but Pellegrini picked those that had the chance of breaking in. Remember, Nacho was City's best player in that season and I do not think Nwakali would have been poor.

There was huge expectations for both of them. Nacho did not disappoint but unfortunately, Chidebere Nwakali injured. He did not get the chance to show what he had.

I think at this stage in Chidebere Nwakali's career. What he needs is growth and technical understanding. I do not know the state of his work permit. If he has a chance to work with Guardiola and train along side top midfielders like Silva and Fernandinho. I say he takes his chance. Work very hard and believe in himself.

He can only improve faster in these conditions.

Fighting to break into Manchester City's squad under Guardiola, trumps playing time in Norway.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:20am On May 25, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

My heart feels the way you do for Chidi Nwakali but my head tells me he may not be part of Peps plans for the next season.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:27am On May 25, 2016
Icon4s:

My heart feels the way you do for Chidi Nwakali but my head tells me he may not be part of Peps plans for the next season.

Reminds me of when Mancini started his new season at Manchester City. Joe Hart returned from his loan spell at Birmingham City and he did not feel he was in Mancini's plans.

He went to Mancini's office and told Mancini he would head back to Birmingham City for a second loan spell. Obviously, Joe Hart did not expect to play because of Shay Given.

Mancini said Joe Hart should not leave because he will choose his number one Keeper after the Preseason. At the end of the Preseason, Joe Hart was the number one keeper.

What I am saying is that Chidebere Nwakali gains if he gives Manchester City a real shot. He can not know if he is in the plans of Guardiola without believing and working hard for it.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:31am On May 25, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Reminds me of when Mancini started his new season at Manchester City. Joe Hart returned from his loan spell in Birmingham City and he did not feel he was in Mancini's plans.

He went to Mancini's office and told Mancini he would head back to Birmingham City for a second loan spell. Obviously, Joe Hart did not expect to play because of Shay Given.

Mancini said Joe Hart should not leave because he will choose his number one Keeper after the Preseason. At the end of the Preseason, Joe Hart was the number one keeper.

What I am saying is that Chidebere Nwakali gains if he gives Manchester City a real shot. He can not know if he is in the plans of Guardiola without believing and working hard for it.

Joe Hart na son of the soil na.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:44am On May 25, 2016
Icon4s:

Joe Hart na son of the soil na.

Shay Given was number one. Hart replaced him because of Mancini's foresight.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:46am On May 25, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Shay Given was number one. Hart replaced him because of Mancini's foresight.

I like your optimism.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:59pm On May 25, 2016
joseph1013:
No a brother and colleague

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by NLban: 3:46pm On May 25, 2016
joseph1013:
What about Orkpekyandega and Justiz5 All these monikers have something in common gringrin

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:05pm On May 25, 2016
NLban:

What about Orkpekyandega and Justiz5 All these monikers have something in common gringrin

They are one and the same person which is y their birthdays are all recorded as May 18.

I know only three peeps here had their birth days on may 18: Miss Safarigirl, madam confun and the guy with the multiple monikers.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:03am On May 26, 2016
Icon4s:

They are one and the same person which is y their birthdays are all recorded as May 18.

I know only three peeps here had their birth days on may 18: Miss Safarigirl, madam confun and the guy with the multiple monikers.
Chai see trouble.

Oga in ur own thinking, you are smart.

The funny aspect there is that I introduced them on Nairaland. Through my several months of staring at the screen even during office hours. At times even when I was not talking to someone, you did see me laughing out loudly.

Thats how they also got attracted to NL. About three of them or so, I was instrumental to opening their accounts on same day. Since they claimed they had not yet joined officially.

Their Birthdays are not real.

We were so close at a point that we could use each other accounts. If I have an important post to make and am banned, I still make it. gringrin

If I run out of MB I still share with any one especially during working ours.

It was until some started becoming popular with offensive comments on NL that I started becoming private with my account details.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.