Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,144 members, 7,849,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:38 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (702659 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:01am On Aug 08, 2015
safarigirl:
we don't want hoarding clubs. Make dem no hold my baby's destiny as Granada dey hold Isaac own.

Atletico seems more flexible and if he's really good, he can be promoted to their senior team. He will get more exposure in the youth team of Atletico than in Getafe first team grin
I agree with you and Icon4s on this. Success should prove himself beyond resonable doubt, even if it is in Granada FC. His agent should also step up and press the right button. This star should not waste away in Granada. They should borrow a leaf from Odion Ighalo.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:02am On Aug 08, 2015
[size=14pt]
U23 Eagles Star Joins Mba At Yeni Mataylspor
[/size]
By Johnny Edward:
Bayelsa United and U23 Eagles midfielder Azubuike Okechukwu has joined AFCON hero Sunday Mba at Turkish second division side Yeni Matalyspor, Comple tesportsnigeria.com can exclusively report.
Okechukwu who has been included in Sunday Oliseh’s 23 man home-based list for next month’s AFCON qualifier against Tanzania signed a two year deal with the Turkish outfit.
The 20 year old who starred in the Dream Team’s goalless draw against Congo in Pointe Noire last Sunday, will not report to the Eagles camp on the 17th of August, a reliable source revealed to Comple tesportsnigeria.com.
“He won’t join up with the squad next week because he just signed a deal in Turkey,” the source revealed.
Okechukwu becomes the fourth Nigerian player to join a second division side in Turkey lately,after Sunday Mba, Simon Zenke and Nnamdi Oduamadi.

www.completesportsnigeria.com/u23-eagles-star-joins-mba-at-yeni-mataylspor/

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 10:08am On Aug 08, 2015
I'm officially a Man City fan. Iheanacho starts against West Brom Monday night.
Time: 8pm

thegoodjoe, you got a comrade. wink

#Leggo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:12am On Aug 08, 2015
terzurum5:
[size=14pt]
U23 Eagles Star Joins Mba At Yeni Mataylspor
[/size]
By Johnny Edward:
Bayelsa United and U23 Eagles midfielder Azubuike Okechukwu has joined AFCON hero Sunday Mba at Turkish second division side Yeni Matalyspor, Comple tesportsnigeria.com can exclusively report.
Okechukwu who has been included in Sunday Oliseh’s 23 man home-based list for next month’s AFCON qualifier against Tanzania signed a two year deal with the Turkish outfit.
The 20 year old who starred in the Dream Team’s goalless draw against Congo in Pointe Noire last Sunday, will not report to the Eagles camp on the 17th of August, a reliable source revealed to Comple tesportsnigeria.com.
“He won’t join up with the squad next week because he just signed a deal in Turkey,” the source revealed.
Okechukwu becomes the fourth Nigerian player to join a second division side in Turkey lately,after Sunday Mba, Simon Zenke and Nnamdi Oduamadi.

www.completesportsnigeria.com/u23-eagles-star-joins-mba-at-yeni-mataylspor/

Hmmm..Sunday Mba.Keshi raised this guy's career to the 10th floor of a building and pushed it off d balcony from there. Hope his career has nt died from after that fall.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:16am On Aug 08, 2015
joseph1013:

#Leggo

I am an Iheanacho fan but nt a Mancity fan.

My pridiction: WBA 3:2 MNC.
Iheanacho scores one of d goals for city.
Ideye scores 2 for WBA
Anichebe scores d winner for WBA.

Its an all Nigerians affair.

#teamgunners4life cool
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:18am On Aug 08, 2015
joseph1013:

#Leggo
Have you become a Manchestar City fan because Iheanacho or you were before Nacho's acquisition?
In any case congrats. Though I think CFC and I are from the same fan zone.
In as much as I support Chelsea FC, I may still love Nacho to score beautiful goals against Chelsea FC any time Mancity Plays Chelsea FC. CFC what do you think
gringringrin.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 10:23am On Aug 08, 2015
Icon4s:

Ideye scores 2 for WBA

#teamgunners4life cool
That looks more like it. Just like I'll dump Barca if and when Messi leaves.

So since I have no favourite in the Premiership, Iheanacho might very well win the trophy.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:45am On Aug 08, 2015
joseph1013:

thegoodjoe, you got a comrade. wink

#Leggo
This is good news
I love to watch him live.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:53am On Aug 08, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
2015 CAF U23 Championship Qualifiers Nigeria
Dream Team defender Amuzie 'seriously' injured
[/size]

Nigeria U23 defender Stanley Amuzie - Seriously injured
by Samm Audu
Nigeria's Dream Team defender Stanley Amuzie suffered a “serious and complicated” knee injury during a crucial CAF U23 Championship clash in Congo, officials have told AfricanFootball.com
The Sampdoria of Italy leftback was forced out of the second leg match in Pointe Noire and replaced by Chima Akas as a result of this injury.
A scan has been done on the injury to determine the extent of the severity, officials further revealed.
Interestingly, Amuzie, who was outstanding in the first leg match in Port Harcourt which Nigeria won 2-1, has been penciled down by Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh.
Dream Team VI, who sent packing Congo to qualify for the CAF U23 Championship in Senegal, are also sweating on the fitness of Warri Wolves forward Oghenekaro Etebo.
Etebo has been nursing a long-term knee injury, which may now need surgery.
The Nigeria U23 team are to reopen training camp on Wednesday in Abuja ahead of the 2015 All Africa Games in Congo Brazzaville next month.
They are drawn in Group B along with defending champions Ghana, Egypt and Senegal.
[/b]

africanfootball.com//news/558095/Dream-Team-defender-Amuzie-seriously-injured
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:20am On Aug 08, 2015
[size=14pt]
One year to Rio: TODAY kicks off the countdown to the 2016 Summer Olympics
[/size]
1 year to Rio! TODAY starts countdown to 2016 Olympics.
By Matt Murray
We're just one year away from the 31st Summer Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro, and TODAY kicked off the countdown in grand fashion.
Between athletes stopping by on the plaza, sharing updates on their training, to a look at whether or not the city will be ready for the 2016 Olympics, it's becoming clear that the Games are just around the corner.

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:22am On Aug 08, 2015
Mexico U23 celebrate 2012 Olympics Gold medal

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
joseph1013:
That looks more like it. Just like I'll dump Barca if and when Messi leaves.

So since I have no favourite in the Premiership, Iheanacho might very well win the trophy.
U could consider Arsenal too u knw, we play just like barcelona, beautiful flow of football nd u knw we v got some fantastic young nigerians in our squad too, nd dat wuldnt stop u from following IheAnacho u knw.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
So Kelechi Iheanacho will be wearing Jersey number 72....7+2=9

Dzeko has moved to Roma, Aguero is on leave after Copa America, Bony is ill. So Iheanacho gets to start against West brom

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by samueld0(m): 11:33am On Aug 09, 2015
safarigirl:
So Kelechi Iheanacho will be wearing Jersey number 72....7+2=9

Dzeko has moved to Roma, Aguero is on leave after Copa America, Bony is ill. So Iheanacho gets to start against West brom

Great things await that boy. God is just clearing the way for him

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
[size=14pt]
Akpom on song for Hull City
[/size]
Nigerian youngster Chuba Akpom opened his goals’ account in the English Championship with Hull City in a 2-0 win over Huddersfield Town Saturday.
The Arsenal loanee scored for Hull City in the 72nd minute to seal his team’s victory.
Fellow Nigeria star Sone Aluko was a 65th minute sub for Hull as he replaced Ryan Taylor.
Nigeria’s Adedeji Oshilaja and Emmanuel Osadebe hit target for Gillingham as they pummeled Sheffield Wednesday 4-0.
Osadebe, who joined the League One team from Tottenham Hotspur Foundation College programme, opened the scoring for his side in the seventh minute, before Adedeji scored in the 44th minute to end the first half 2-0.
Jonathan Chiedozie Obika was on the scorers’ sheet for Swindon Town in a 4-1 win over Brandford City.
The 24-year-old forward scored the fouth goal.

thenationonlineng.net/akpom-on-song-for-hull-city/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:25pm On Aug 09, 2015
[size=14pt]
Nigerian youngster Ike Ugbo sinks hat-trick for Chelsea
[/size]
Nigerian-born England international Ike Ugbo was the star man as Chelsea kicked off the new U18 season in style with a 4-1 win at Norwich City on Saturday.
The 16-year Ugbo scored a second half hat-trick to earn Chelsea the three points at stake in the game.
Ugbo, scored his first of the day off a loose ball after Norwich goalkeeper parried Christie Davies shot towards his path to double Chelsea lead.
Christie David was involved in the second goal as he sent a through pass to Ike Ugbo who made no mistake by getting his second goal of the game.
He completed his hat-trick by pouncing on a loose ball for Chelsea’s fourth goal.
Born on 21st September, 1998 in London, the young striker joined Chelsea as an U10 player.
He scored 11 goals for the U18 team last season in 18 games.
He has played for England U17.

thenationonlineng.net/nigerian-youngster-ike-ugbo-sinks-hat-trick-for-chelsea/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Akpom pleased with goal scoring debut
[/size]

By: Sammy Wejinya
Nigerian-born Chuba Akpom hit the ground running on his Hull City debut as he netted in the Tigers’ 2-0 win over Huddersfield Town in the opening weekend of the new Championship season.
Akpom, who is on a season-long loan deal from Arsenal, netted in the 72nd minute to guarantee the points at the Kingston Communications Stadium.
Nigeria international winger, Omatsone Aluko was involved in the goal as his cross from the right was only cleared as far as the onrushing Akpom.
The striker kept his composure and after he worked the ball onto his right foot before smashing it into the top corner of the net from ten yards.
Steve Bruce, the Hull City manager, believes Akpom’s goal was scored at “the right time” as the vanquished side was building a head of steam just before the moment.
“We scored the goals at the right time, especially the second one because Huddersfield were having a good ten-minute spell at that stage,” Bruce was quoted as saying on the club’s official website, www.hullcitytigers.com.
Akpom was also pleased with his exertions on the day and took to Twitter to express his happiness.
“Solid 2-0 win today, buzzing to get a goal on my debut, fans were amazing, onto the next game @HullCity #ak,” he tweeted via @cakpom.
Akpom, who is still eligible to play for Nigeria at senior level, had not scored a professional goal prior to his heroics on Saturday.
[/b]

mobi.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/150809/Akpom_pleased_with_goal_scoring_debut

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
2015 CAF U23 Championship Qualifiers Nigeria U23
EXCL: Liverpool to loan Awoniyi to Belgium or Holland
by Samm Audu
[/size]
[img]http://africanfootball.com/news/558494/EXCL-Liverpool-to-loan-Awoniyi-to-Belgium-or-Holland[/img]
Nigeria U23 striker Taiwo Awoniyi will sign for Liverpool and then go on loan
Nigeria U23 striker Taiwo Awoniyi will be loaned out to a club in either Belgium or Holland when he signs for English Premier League club Liverpool, AfricanFootball.com can exclusively reveal.
AfricanFootball.com was the first to report that Awoniyi is headed for Liverpool ahead of interests from several top clubs like AS Monaco and FC Porto as well as some wide-off-the-mark speculations.
We have now further learnt from those involved in the striker’s move to England that the player is due shortly in England for a routine medical after which he will be shipped out on loan to a club in either Belgium or Holland.
Awoniyi will be 18 on Wednesday and that will allow him to now sign a professional contract.
However, Liverpool could not apply for work permit for him using the special talent clause because the player has been busy with the country’s Olympic team in qualifiers for both the All Africa Games and the CAF U23 Championship.
“It’s almost too late to apply for a work permit for him using the special talent clause because he has been with the U23 team and as such he will go on loan to a club either in Belgium or Holland in the first instance,” a top source informed only AfricanFootball.com
Awoniyi has also represented Nigeria at U15, U17 and U20 levels.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/558494/EXCL-Liverpool-to-loan-Awoniyi-to-Belgium-or-Holland

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:41pm On Aug 09, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Iroha: Iheanacho Not Yet Ripe For EPL
[/size]

Comple tesportsnigeria.com's SAB OSUJI gets former Nigeria defender, Ben Iroha talking from his base in the United States. Iroha insists Kelechi Iheanacho has not matured to play in the English Premier League, and states his reasons. He also sounds a warning note to the U-23 national team Coach, Samson Siasia, to learn from the mistakes that cost Nigeria the London 2012 Olympic Games ticket. Excerpts…
New season for the various European leagues are starting, especially the English Premier League. No fewer than five or more Nigerian players have secured contracts with clubs in Europe. The likes of Emmanuel Emenike, Ik Uche, Kenneth Omeruo and William Trost Ekong have all secured new clubs in Europe. What's your take on this?
It's nice to see many Nigerian players involved in Europe transfers because that will give them a lot of experience and confidence which will later rub off positively on our national teams. One thing is that the players must work hard to see they play regularly for their clubs. It's not about securing contracts; it's not about the size of the team or value of the deal. No, it is entirely about getting regular playing time. Much as I'm happy for them because Nigeria is blessed with lots of talents, I would insist on them commanding regular shirts in their clubs because it gives confidence which helps the player to grow in his career.
Manchester City have registered Kelechi Iheanacho in their 2015/2016 Barclays Premier League squad. Don't you see this as a rapid development for the player and a big plus for the Super Eagles?
Sincerely speaking, I'm happy for him. He is a huge talent but then I would have loved him to be sent out on loan to other smaller clubs even if it is a Championship side. While there, he will play regular football which will help him gain more confidence. Arsenal do the same with their young players who later come back to become better players. It does not matter if he was sent to clubs in Holland, Germany, France or Spain. Look at Francis Coquelin of Arsenal, he was even on loan when Arsenal found themselves in midfield crisis as a result of injuries to Mikel Arteta and Matheu Flamini. Today Coquelin has become an influential member of the Arsene Wenger’s team. So I believe Iheanacho could have been loaned out for him to play regularly and gain more experience and confidence.
Iheanacho did so well during the pre-season which was seen to be good enough to convince Manuel Pellegrini that he has potentials and quality to weather the EPL storm.
No doubt about that. The same way he dazzled during last season's pre-season games. I watched him here in the United States. There is a huge gulf between pre-season games and the Premier League proper. When the show begins, when the big boys start their displays, you will understand what I'm talking about. He is a Nigerian and I want the best for him because I was once like him, so I know what I'm talking about.
What do you think the Super Eagles stand to gain in these players’ transfers to Europe?
Experience is the best teacher, isn't it? So, when these players move out, play in Europe especially constantly play for their clubs, of course, it helps the national team and the job becomes less cumbersome for the coach. That was why during our time, though we were already doing well in our various clubs in the Nigerian league and had been with the national team for about three years before Clemens Westerhof came and pushed us – myself, Nwankwo Kanu, Finidi George, lateThompson Oliha, Chidi Nwanu, to Europe. And when we came back to the national team, the result was what Nigerians witnessed in 1994 AFCON, USA '94 World Cup down to the France '98 World Cup even though he left after the 1994 World Cup.
Are you saying new Super Eagles coach, Sunday Oliseh, should as well begin to facilitate players movement to Europe to help such players gain experience?
If Sunday Oliseh has such contacts having played and stayed for a very long time in Europe, why not? I don't see anything wrong in that so far as such players are good right from here in our league. Nigerians want the best of their players who can help the national team excel.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/iroha-iheanacho-not-yet-ripe-for-epl/
.....continue in the next post
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
.....continue from the last post
[b][size=14pt]
Iroha: Iheanacho Not Yet Ripe For EPL
[/size]

What is your take on the Dream Team's qualification for the CAF U-23 championship following their hard fought goalless draw with Congo in Point Noire last week Sunday?
It was a good result, it did not come to me as a surprise because I know Coach Samson Siasia well and I know also that we have the talents and quality to shock any opposition on the African continent.
There were obvious fears among Nigerians before the match that Congo Coach, Claude Le Roy could end our Rio 2016 Olympic dream?
Look, Sab, football has gone beyond that level, once you are good, you are good. And a good side can win anywhere.
Even as they say anything can happen in African football…
(Cuts in) A good team can win anywhere. Look at what is happening in Nigerian league today where a team wins 3-0, 4-0 at away. So if you have a good team and prepare very well, if the team is focused and the players imbibe winning mentality, if you like take the game to the moon they stand a good chance to win. So, I never panicked about the prospect of the U-23 team winning in Congo.
The previous crop of U-23 team failed to qualify for the 2012 Olympic Games in London because they could not do well at the inaugural CAF U-23 championship in Morocco. What positives do you think Samson Siasia and his boys could take from that misadventure?
Look, I was a member of that Dream Team V coaching crew. I wouldn't want Siasia to repeat the mistakes we made. We relied so much on the foreign based players. But when they disappointed us because their clubs did not release them for the championship, we had to fall back on the home based players but before then, the damage had been done.
How ? What do you mean?
You see, this tournament is not in FIFA calendar. Most European teams don't fancy releasing their players for it. They are not under obligation to do so. So you find out that because we had apparently built the team around the foreign based players, we ran into trap adjusting by the time we got disappointed they were not going to release the Europe based players. So what I think Siasia should do is to build a team on equal ratio of home based and foreign based. If the foreign based are available, fine and good. But if not, then the domestic league players will do the job. No doubt Siasia is experienced having gone through the Olympic Games before, he understands the terrain and I wish the team good luck as they strive to bring glory to our dear fatherland, Nigeria.
Let me take you back a bit. You earlier used the Nigeria Premier League to give example of how unpredictable results of matches, especially in Africa can be. Does that suggest the Nigerian league has taken such a leap?
I'm a Nigerian, I played the Nigerian league at its exciting and difficult times. Even now that I'm outside the country, I've not lost touch with what is happening in the league. I follow it very well, so I can tell you the NPFL or Glo Premier League has taken a positive leap. Those behind what we are seeing now deserve kudos. So far, we have not witnessed violence around the various stadia. Games come at their scheduled times and results are available almost immediately to the point that the league is now on the online betting. I have not said we've arrived but so far, so good.
Some time ago, we read reports of you making yourself available for the Flying Eagles coaching job if called upon…
(Cuts in) Yes, as a Nigerian I will not shy away from serving my fatherland. I played for the national team, I was here in the United States of America when I was called in 2006 to come and help out with the Golden Eaglets. By 2007, we won the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Korea. I have coached in all the levels of the national teams, U17, U20, U23 and the Super Eagles.
So if I'm called upon again to serve in any capacity, why not. I'm willing and ready with all sense of humility and passion to come down to Nigeria and do that.
Finally, the Golden Eaglets are currently in camp preparing to defend the FIFA U17 World Cup they won two years ago in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Do you think they can achieve that dream?
So far, I have not seen the team, I have not watched their trainings or matches. One thing I know is that Emmanuel Amuneke is a great coach. He was part of the team that won the 2013 edition in UAE, so he knows what they did then that guaranteed them victory. He is one of the coaches I have big respect for and I wish him and his team all the best. They need the support of every Nigerian to succeed and I cannot stop praying for them.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/iroha-iheanacho-not-yet-ripe-for-epl/
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 9:07pm On Aug 09, 2015
After reading Mr. Iroha's epistle concerning nacho's ability to adapt to d rigorous activities of English league. I do think it's wrong to say nacho isn't ready to play in EPL. He has shown to the whole world what he is capable of. So, why not give him d opportunity to showcase his talent or is t wen he clocks 25 before we start watching him. If I may ask how old were walcott, lennon, sterling etc when de started playing for their respective clubs. Pls leave this boy alone. if u can't support, hype(like d whites do) and praise our own den backout. Thank God sef aguero de break... Wishing the lad d best in his professional career.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mijestic: 9:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
Aguero is up and running 100% according to coach Pellegrini. So there's every likelihood Iheanacho won't be on the starting line-up for the match against west brom. However, it is expected that he will be introduced later on. What is needed is just to take his chances (no matter how small) to shine. The rest will be history.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
AIG07:
After reading Mr. Iroha's epistle concerning nacho's ability to adapt to d rigorous activities of English league. I do think it's wrong to say nacho isn't ready to play in EPL. He has shown to the whole world what he is capable of. So, why not give him d opportunity to showcase his talent or is t wen he clocks 25 before we start watching him. If I may ask how old were walcott, lennon, sterling etc when de started playing for their respective clubs. Pls leave this boy alone. if u can't support, hype(like d whites do) and praise our own den backout. Thank God sef aguero de break... Wishing the lad d best in his professional career.

Iroha is right in that context. I feel most of this Nigerian young players are overhyped. He might jst at best put up a descent performance tomorrow. I am nt expecting much from him.I mean he is nt yet in d class of Aguero, Silva, Sterling, Navas, Coutinho, Alexis, Ozil, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Carzola and d likes. So what wonders am i expecting from him tomorrow? The boy still has a lot to learn jor. Being loaned to a championship side for 1 season will add more value to his career.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
mijestic:
Aguero is up and running 100% according to coach Pellegrini. So there's every likelihood Iheanacho won't be on the starting line-up for the match against west brom. However, it is expected that he will be introduced later on. What is needed is just to take his chances (no matter how small) to shine. The rest will be history.

I tell u with players liks Sterling, Aguero and Silva in that team Iheanacho will sit on d bench for most if d season.

Jst like how Wenger promoted Alex Iwobi and u expect him to feature regularly in a midfield that has Ozil, Ramsey, Carzola, Chamberline, Wilshere, Walcott abi?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 9:57pm On Aug 09, 2015
NIGERIA OUR FATHERLAND,
A LAND BLESSED WITH NATURAL AND HUMAN RESOURCES.
THE GIANT AND HOPE OF AFRICA. A NATION SO LOVED BY THE CREATOR-one f the countries in the world which has minerals in the 3 forms of matter Solid(iron ore) liquid (crude oil) and gas. It's only on my father'sland all kind of crops grow and do well. Few or no natural disasters-even the earthquake line in West Africa running from Mauritania to Rep. Of Benin went into the seabed as it was about entering into Nigeria and resurface in Cameroun. No records of tsunami, Volcanic eruption and hurricanes in our Land. So also we are blessed in all human fields and endeavours. We're always the best in whatever we do! But Human and Resource management as been our bane.

Looking at various Nigerian athletes especially our footballers starting from those who play in divisions of lower leagues to those who ply their trade in topflight leagues both at home or farway-one thing distinguishes them-TALENT. I can't imagine how gr8 this nation will be if we shun corruption and allow the best to represent us. Amuneke, SIASIA, Oliseh and other men at d helms you have no excuse to give!
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:04am On Aug 10, 2015
Team gunners huh? No wonder u wanna see Man city lose. Well, like Safarigirl(hey, long tym Miss), I'm a super fan of all our national teams and I got no club affiliations.
But take this Sir... Nacho 'the alien kid' will not lose on his epl debut.
I follow any club dat got Nigerian stars/talents but on da whole I'm an ardent follower of soccer be it european, african, oceanian, asian, south american, north american, or even antarctican soccer...
Tonight, Iheanacho's reign begins... Let's roll!

Icon4s:

Ideye scores 2 for WBA

#teamgunners4life cool

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:22am On Aug 10, 2015
You guys should just read this article...all these low self-esteem people on this thread trying to kill my Iheanacho's vibe....no be pesin dey there before Aguero and Silva show? If Iheanacho puts up a better performance than Aguero like that Oxford guy of West Ham yesterday, why won't he get regular playing time?

In fact, read am first #TeamOptimists

Manchester City have been England's third-best club since their takeover in September 2008. City Football Group have won four domestic trophies building their English project, enjoying more success in those seven campaigns than the previous 48 seasons combined.

Numerous managers have attempted to bring the Citizens up from their mid-table status to European power, and this endeavour required heavy investment. From summer 2008 to before summer 2015, City had spent upwards of £690 million on players; Father Time, however, has come knocking for some of those key transactions.

Vincent Kompany (29), David Silva (29), Pablo Zabaleta (30), Yaya Toure (32) and several others who have been long-serving members of City's squad are reaching the ends of their respective careers—though some are further along than others.

One of the Premier League's best players, Sergio Aguero steers the Manchester City ship.
While never able to lay their proverbial hands on one of the world's pre-eminent superstars—e.g. Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo—City have a strong core, led primarily by the world-class Sergio "Kun" Aguero.
The 27 -year-old centre-forward is Manuel Pellegrini's unquestioned key player and, when healthy, is the best striker in English football. How the Argentine's future pans out at the Etihad cannot be speculated upon, but for now, Aguero is Manchester City's foreseeable star.

While their newly branded No. 10 is Pellegrini's current talisman, the Citizens should have one eye on the future and attempt to find their next torchbearer. To that aim, Manchester's blue half has opted for youthful options this summer. Raheem Sterling (20) and Fabian Delph (25) have been thrown into the mix, costing £57 million in total.

For £49 million, Manchester City expect stardom from Raheem Sterling—so does everyone else at that price.
Of the two major incoming transfers, Sterling certainly carries the higher expectation and, in the immediate future, should blossom into one of England's best attacking players regardless of position.

Set to eclipse 100 Premier League appearances before his 21st birthday and already a permanent member of Roy Hodgson's England team, how high Sterling climbs depends solely on his dedication to fulfilling his apparent and obvious potential.

Is there a difference, though, between being labelled a great player and a "star?"

One would argue there is.

The key question in this ordeal: Can Raheem Sterling transform into a global brand?
A great player contributes to his squad with solid performances serially. A "star," however, must be more than talented, more than a consistent contributor—he must be an ambassador for his club off the pitch. Whether Sterling can develop a charismatic, marketable personality will determine the ex-Liverpool man's ultimate status in a global sense.

Manchester City have an obvious, £49 million option in their squad, but a lesser-known commodity could prove just as viable—depending on Pellegrini's level of confidence in his club's academy.

Kelechi Iheanacho, an 18-year-old centre-forward (who can also play in attacking midfield), looks a promising talent. The Nigerian under-20 international has forged his way into City's first team for the 2015/16 season.

Were Manchester City looking in-house, their search would go no further than Kelechi Iheanacho.
By all accounts, Iheanacho has the makings of a Premier League player. Similar to Sterling at Liverpool, all he needs is an opportunity—which he could receive.

Alvaro Negredo has been sold, John Guidetti was released when his contract expired, Stevan Jovetic has left on loan to Inter Milan and Edin Dzeko's move to AS Roma, via Sky Sports, appears all but announced.

These transactions open the door for their young attacker to prove himself, both in training and the occasional first-team appearance.

How much time does Manuel Pellegrini have? Could be two years, could be two months.
The Nigerian living up to his hype would give Manchester City not only a proper centre-forward but (given his demeanour) a certain star as well.
Finding Premier League quality is not simple nor cheap.

Finding legitimate stars is even more challenging.

Manchester City would be happy to worry about their next talisman once Aguero leaves/fades, but it is exceedingly possible they already possess their heir apparent.

He need but announce himself.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2536411-who-is-set-to-become-manchester-citys-next-big-star

The only person who has anything to lose is Iheanacho here, not you or me or anyone else. I trust he's smart enough to realise this and just as he has been doing all this time, he won't let the tiniest opportunity to live up to billings pass. Make una kponkpi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:55am On Aug 10, 2015
oya, make una collect another one. all these "he is below par" gist must stop. This is what English journalists have to say of your boy.

i will soon open a thead for Iheanacho and Awoniyi news
For a player to make the grade at a Premier League team, they need to be given an opportunity to shine, a leap of faith from a manager who believes in their ability.

But with squads packed full of talent, and even midtable sides now boasting strength-in-depth in every department, it’s arguably never been more difficult for a youngster to get a chance to show what they can do on the biggest stage.

The struggle to break through is even more pronounced at those teams fighting for major silverware. Since the club’s takeover in 2008, young Manchester City players have found it near impossible to impact the first team. City have faced hostility for a perceived lack of interest in giving young players an opportunity to show what they can do, but it’s a somewhat unfair and misguided criticism.

Their lack of academy graduates has been a direct result of the heavy investment into the senior squad. No longer are City desperate to parachute those showing a modicum of promise into a struggling first XI. They have an array of world-class stars comprising their starting side. The leap from the EDS to first team has become huge, and City’s academy has understandably struggled to produce players capable of playing alongside the likes of Sergio Aguero, David Silva and Yaya Toure.

Clearly, though, the club are very serious about youth development. As statements of intent go, their £150 million City Football Academy (CFA) is about as emphatic as you can get. Brian Marwood, City’s academy director who spent six years researching and designing the CFA, wants a first team comprised of “four to six” academy players. It’s an ambitious target, but one only has to see the attention to detail at the CFA to understand it’s probably a realistic one, given time.

But even a footballing education like the one City can offer youngsters is no guarantee of success. The stars have to align. A combination of unquestionable talent and unshakable belief is needed, but so is an opening in the first XI, an opportunity to impress in the absence of more senior stars.

For Kelechi Iheanacho, City’s talented 18-year-old Nigerian forward, it seems that’s exactly what is happening.

Iheanacho has made a big impression on the club’s pre-season tour, which has taken them to Australia, Vietnam and Germany. He played five times, scored twice, created another two, and impressed with his speed of thought, quick feet, technical ability and confidence to try the audacious. He, it seems, is a star in the making.

Little appears to faze him. His wonderful lofted throughball to Raheem Sterling in the opening stages of the game with Roma in Melbourne offered an insight into his ability, as did his goal in the second half when he capitalised on a poor pass from Ashley Cole and finished emphatically.

But it’s more than just his vital statistics that have impressed. He appears intelligent and unselfish. He makes great runs and has the vision and ability to find the right pass. Given City lacked pace and movement on the break last season, Iheanacho appears heaven sent.

He seems to know full well just how talented he is, too. Anyone who saw his interview with City TV after the defeat in Stuttgart on Saturday will have seen a young man with a look of determination in his eye. Some players just seem to have star quality at an incredibly young age.

And with Aguero set to be rested for City’s Premier League curtain-raiser with West Brom next Monday and Wilfired Bony having only played 45 minutes in pre-season, Iheanacho’s chances of leading the line against West Brom are quickly increasing. Add to that Stevan Jovetic’s exit and Edin Dzeko’s expected departure, and he has suddenly been catapulted high up the club’s list of forwards.

It very often takes a mix of talent, confidence and an unexpected opportunity to make an impact in a top Premier League side. Iheanacho may just have it all
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-city-striker-iheanacho-leads-9823168

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 10:15am On Aug 10, 2015
safarigirl:
You guys should just read this article...all these low self-esteem people on this thread trying to kill my Iheanacho's vibe....no be pesin dey there before Aguero and Silva show? If Iheanacho puts up a better performance than Aguero like that Oxford guy of West Ham yesterday, why won't he get regular playing time?

In fact, read am first #TeamOptimists

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2536411-who-is-set-to-become-manchester-citys-next-big-star

The only person who has anything to lose is Iheanacho here, not you or me or anyone else. I trust he's smart enough to realise this and just as he has been doing all this time, he won't let the tiniest opportunity to live up to billings pass. Make una kponkpi

Going by this article , the only thing that can stop iheanacho is injury ....I wish him more luck.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:28am On Aug 10, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Oliseh woos Akpom, Iwobi
[/size]
Super Eagles’ head coach, Sunday Oliseh has had useful discussions with Arsenal duo of Chuba Akpom and Alex Iwobi in his bid to woo overseas players with Nigerian heritage to play for the senior national team,SportingLifehas been told.
A source close to the new Super Eagles’ coach revealed that Oliseh spoke with many of the current squad members of the senior national team in England and those that are yet to be capped by the team as he continues his search for a solid senior national team.
The source toldSportingLifethat Oliseh saw good potentials in Akpom and Iwobi and he didn’t hesitate to speak with the duo encouraging them to play for Nigeria where they have better prospects ahead of England where they could be used and dumped.
Oliseh, who is overseas, is expected to return to Nigeria on Friday to have discussions with his technical crew where they are expected to compare notes ahead of the Gabon 2017 AFCON qualifier against Tanzania on September 5.
[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/oliseh-woos-akpom-iwobi/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:54am On Aug 10, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Iheanacho Set For BPL Debut Vs West Brom
[/size]

By Johnny Edward:
Manchester teen star Kelechi Iheanacho is poised to make his English Premier League debut on Monday when the dethroned champions face West Brom at the Hawthorns, Comple tesportsnigeria.com has been informed by a competent source close the The Citizens.
Iheanacho who could be one of the surprise inclusions in coach Sunday Oliseh’s 18 man Euro based squad for next month’s AFCON qualifier against Tanzania was one of the City’s top performers in pre-season.
“Iheanacho probably has the best chance of featuring against West Brom given Aguero and Bony’s rustiness ahead of the game,” the source told Comple tesportsnigeria.com.”
Iheanacho who got recently promoted to the first team will come against the Nigerian duo of Brown Ideye and Victor Anichebe.
The former Golden Eaglets and Flying Eagles player starred in five pre-season games scoring twice.
Meanwhile, Manuel Pellegrini will be without only two players – Fabian Delph and Gael Clichy.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/iheanacho-set-for-bpl-debut-vs-west-brom/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:57am On Aug 10, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Liverpool to secure Nigeria striker singing on Wednesday after fending off Porto interest
LIVERPOOL are set to sign Nigeria U23 striker Taiwo Awoniyi, according to reports.
By Joe Short
[/size]

Liverpool are set to sign Nigeria youth international Taiwo Awoniyi (right)
The Reds have won the race to sign 17-year-old Awoniyi, who is also wanted by Monaco and Porto, claim africanfootball.com.
It is understood he will sign a professional contractwith the Anfield club once he turns 18 on Wednesday.
And the report claims he will be immediately loaned out to the continent to gain first-team experience.
The player is said to be heading to Merseyside for a scheduled medical ahead and will then move to a club in Belgium or Holland.
Liverpool have failed to secure a work permit for Awoniyi and so a loan option is on the cards, a source informed africanFootball.com.
“It’s almost too late to apply for a work permit for him using the special talent clause because he has been with the U23 team," the source said.
"As such he will go on loan to a club either in Belgium or Holland in the first instance."
Awoniyi has represented Nigeria's Olympic team in qualifiers for the CAF U23 Championship and the All Africa Games.
[/b]

www.express.co.uk/sport/football/597291/Liverpool-complete-striker-singing-Wednesday-fending-Porto-interest

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.