Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,399 members, 7,846,687 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (702076 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by yoged(m): 10:58am On Sep 03, 2015
enomakos:
yeah overhyped players

they may have the current best league in the world but not the best players

fact. Overated players

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:22pm On Sep 03, 2015
Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Hazard, Sanchez, Ozil etc are all some of the best in the World and they are not overrated.

CR7 left the EPL and was one of the World best. Suarez became a starter at Barca.

The EPL rocks.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by ayusco: 6:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
I think they meant English players not the league
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Adminmark(m): 8:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
Meet with rich nigeria men and ladies for relationship or keep them as your sex partner change your financial status now by meeting a rich daddy and mummy or (gay and lesbian) any where in nigeria.....
contact mr mark on.....
08135601306 or visit(www.addmelove.jimdo.com) for a hook up.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 12:20am On Sep 04, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Hazard, Sanchez, Ozil etc are all some of the best in the World and they are not overrated.

CR7 left the EPL and was one of the World best. Suarez became a starter at Barca.

The EPL rocks.
he means English players themselves, not their league. And I wholly agree that Beckham was just another overhyped English player, same as Walcott and Rooney
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Krasid(m): 12:43am On Sep 04, 2015
enomakos:
yeah overhyped players
La liga is the current best league in the world.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:37am On Sep 04, 2015
Beckham was not overhyped. Finidi George was the best winger in 1995-1997. By 1999, Beckham was the undisputed best right winger in the World.

Where Beckham's freekicks overhyped? His crossing accuracy is ne of the best of all time.

Are Lampard and Gerard overhyped? What of Paul Scholes who took midfield passing to anther level. Long before Pirlo and Xavi.

safarigirl:
he means English players themselves, not their league. And I wholly agree that Beckham was just another overhyped English player, same as Walcott and Rooney
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 04, 2015
safarigirl:
Permit me to include Sterling
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 04, 2015
enomakos:
yeah overhyped players

and Epl is currently the most competitive and entertaining league in the world
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 8:08am On Sep 04, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Beckham was not overhyped. Finidi George was the best winger in 1995-1997. By 1999, Beckham was the undisputed best right winger in the World.

Where Beckham's freekicks overhyped? His crossing accuracy is ne of the best of all time.

Are Lampard and Gerard overhyped? What of Paul Scholes who took midfield passing to anther level. Long before Pirlo and Xavi.

the english national team can boast of individual players like the ones you mentioned above who're in their class of their own but perform below their ratings...
Their class of late 90's and early 2000 as u mentioned above are still the best have witness but still they have nothing to show for it. Remember football is a team game and thats the reason why messi 'll aways get the nod ahead of his rival(RONALDO)...
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
enomakos:
yeah just overhyped players

even david beckham was not better than finidi george

if finidi george was a british he will have been popular like beckham

the english press made beckham a star

they may have the best league in the world but not the best player

how many euro and world cup have england won with its so called world class players?

Ya you have a point there. But I didn't necessary meant players whose parent's origin are strictly from England, but those who are born and raised in England. For instance, look at players like, Jordan Ibe, Chuba Akpom, Christie David, Ugbo Ike, Alex Iwobi, Dominic Iorfa, Dominic Solanke, Moses Odubajo, Dele Ali, Makajuola from Chelsea FC and those who are scattered all over the English League. Haba don't they have one of the most effective youth football system in the world?
All the players listed above are within the age range of 20 and below. So why can't they qualify for the FIFA U20 World Cup?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2015
blueto:
and Epl is currently the most competitive and entertaining league in the world
you are right but they did't have world class player
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 3:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
terzurum5:

Ya you have a point there. But I didn't necessary meant players whose parent's origin are strictly from England, but those who are born and raised in England. For instance, look at players like, Jordan Ibe, Chuba Akpom, Christie David, Ugbo Ike, Alex Iwobi, Dominic Iorfa, Dominic Solanke, Moses Odubajo, Dele Ali, Makajuola from Chelsea FC and those who are scattered all over the English League. Haba don't they have one of the most effective youth football system in the world?
All the players listed above are within the age range of 20 and below. So why can't they qualify for the FIFA U20 World Cup?
those players you mention may be british born but they are not british
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 4:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The EPL rocks.
the players you mention are not english
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
enomakos:
the players you mention are not english
but they are immanent to the Bpl

Be frank, apart from being the "best" in the world . which league do you enamour watching?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
Guys abeg forget all these English players talk. This is d U23 thread.
So whats d latest with the players in Congo?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
Any news from AAG?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
2015 All Africa Games - Men Nigeria U23
Saviour Already Breaking Records at KV Oostende
[/size]

Godwin Saviour with fellow Nigeria star Joseph Akpala
Flying Eagles and Nigeria U23 star Godwin Saviour is already breaking records at new Belgian club KV Oostende less than two weeks after he moved to Europe.
He has been rated the fastest player at the table-topping Belgian club over 30 metres and the coach says he is the sharpest dresser around.
The 19-year-old Saviour was timed at 3 seconds in a 30-metres sprint test to top a 20-player field.
Compatriot Joseph Akpala was ranked fourth best.
A local Oostende newspaper also celebrated having a world champion at the club with a full-page interview of Saviour, who was on the squad when Nigeria won a record fourth FIFA U17 World Cup in Abu Dhabi in 2013.
KVO have slipped to second place on the Belgian top-flight league after a 2-0 loss at home to Zulte Waregem before the international break and will hope to get back on top on September 12 when they are away at Waasland-Beveren.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/565111/Saviour-already-breaking-records-at-KV-Oostende

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:44pm On Sep 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
2015 All Africa Games - Men Nigeria
Alampasu joins Feirense after canceling Estoril deal
[/size]

Alampasu with his agent Orelaja (right) at Feirense
Nigeria youth international Dele Alampasu has joined Portuguese second division side SC Feirense on a three-year deal after he cancelled an agreement with Estoril, AfricanFootball.com can report exclusively.
The highly promising goalkeeper signed for Portuguese top league side Estoril in the winter window, but he could not resume as scheduled due to his participation in the FIFA U20 World Cup and the various parties settled amicably for him to ply his trade with Feirense.
Dele Alampasu’s agent, Olusola Orelaja, told AfricanFootball.com that the former Future Stars goalkeeper is delighted to join SC Feirense.
"It's a new experience for him as he has only featured in the national teams and his developmental clubs in Nigeria. He is happy with the deal," Orelaja told AfricanFootball.com
Orelaja further said his client chose the club because the management and coaching staff showed serious interest in him and the history of the club speaks volumes.
Orelaja said he believes Alampasu has the quality to get playing time at Feirense .
"Although he is young, he has been schooled at an excellent club and his national team experience have sharpened his qualities,” said the UK-based agent.
"It's a good step and good team for his development and progress as a goalkeeper, If he showed his qualities, I believe he will command regular shirt at Feirense. I believe he has a good future ahead of him."
Alampasu was the Best goalkeeper at the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup and has been on the squad for Nigeria at 'B' international, U20 and U23 levels.
By Olusola Alao
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/565021/Alampasu-joins-Feirense-after-canceling-Estoril-deal

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:58pm On Sep 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
2015 African U20 Championship Nigeria U23
Awoniyi Nigeria's next Big Thing
[/size]

Awoniyi - Big things are expected of the Nigeria youngster after his celebrated move to Liverpool
Nigeria youngster Taiwo Awoniyi has cemented his rising profile with his move to top English Premier League outfit Liverpool.
His move to Anfield is worth all the fanfare even if for the time being he will be on loan to German Bundesliga two side FSV Frankfurt, where he is guaranteed regular playing time to allow him further develop into the finished article many experts believe he will be.
But this 18-year-old lanky forward who is being celebrated today would have been lost to medicine because his father disapproved of his foray into football and instead wanted him to train as a medical doctor after he scored an A in physics at O’levels.
“It was miserable for me any time my dad caught me playing football or got to know that I went to play football,” recalled Awoniyi, who first represented Nigeria at U15 level alongside the likes of Kelechi Iheanacho (Manchester City) and Chidera Ezeh (FC Porto).
“In school, I was a very intelligent student and my dad wanted me to be a doctor. My teachers and my fellow students called me ‘doctor’, but they also knew that I was very good when it came to playing football.
“My father tried severally to stop me from football, but my other siblings and twin sister especially, always covered up for me.”
At the FIFA U17 World Cup in UAE 2013, Awoniyi went as the back up to Isaac Success who was the main striker, but did not disappoint when given the opportunity by coach Manu Garba.
He scored four goals and provided as many assists at the tournament to get everyone talking.
He will again show his class at this year’s African Youth Championship with three goals as the Flying Eagles won the continental U20 championship for a record seventh time.
At the FIFA U20 World Cup, the Ilorin-born youngster scored a brace in the last group match in a 2-0 win over Hungary.
His gangling style of play reminds one of the legendary Rasheed Yekini, who the Imperial Academy product has been widely likened to.
He packs a good shot, has great positioning and holds up the play to allow his teammates join him upfront.
Awoniyi has not allowed his high rating to get into his head as he has remained cool headed and ever willing to learn.
"I am happy that I am been likened to a legend like Yekini. It’s a great honour for me. I am not under any pressure with the compliment. I remain focused and I will keep playing my game,” he maintained.
Unlike many of his team mates from the 2013 U17 World Cup triumph, Awoniyi has enjoyed a look-in with the country’s Olympic team, where his brace in Zambia qualified Nigeria to the 2015 All Africa Games in Congo Brazzaville.
He has also been called up by the Super Eagles by then coach Stephen Keshi.
Little wonder then that some of Europe’s top clubs from AS Monaco to FC Porto jostled to sign him even before he turned 18 last month.
After he signed the dotted lines for Liverpool, one of Nigeria’s most successful stars in the EPL Kanu Nwankwo tipped him for greatness.
"Watch out for this name AWONIYI, I am happy for you and welcome. Congrats for signing with Liverpool. God is with you," Kanu tweeted.
PROFILE:
Date of birth: August 12, 1997
Height: 1.78m
Position: Striker
Previous club: Imperial Academy
Honours: CAF U17 championship Silver 2013, FIFA U17 World Cup gold 2013, 2015 AYC Gold, Featured in FIFA U20 World Cup, New Zealand 2015.
By Olusola Alao
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/564743/Awoniyi-Nigeria-s-next-Big-Thing

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Congo-Nigeria football final on the cards
[/size]
BRAZZAVILLE: Former champions Congo Brazzaville, Ghana and Nigeria are among seven countries competing from Sunday for the All-Africa Games football gold medals.
Egypt also qualified for the eight-nation tournament in Brazzaville only to withdraw because coach Hossam El Badry did not want to field a weakened team.
Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers this weekend and CAF Champions League and CAF Confederation Cup group games next weekend would have deprived him of many stars.
Hosts Congo won the first of 10 previous Africa Games football competitions in a novel manner 50 years ago, defeating Mali 7-1 on corner kicks after a goalless final against Mali in Brazzaville.
Nigeria staged the second Africa Games eight years later and there was another home success in football to celebrate as the hosts were 2-0 victors over Guinea.
Ghana received gold medals much more recently, edging South Africa on penalties after the 2011 final finished 1-1 in Mozambique.
Originally open to all footballers, the Africa Games is now restricted to under-23 stars, like Olympic Games qualifiers
Group A in Brazzaville comprises Congo, Burkina Faso, Sudan and Zimbabwe while Ghana, Nigeria and Senegal make up Group B after Egypt pulled out.
It would be no surprise if Congo and Nigeria featured in the final at the new 60,000-seat Stade de l’Unite (Unity Stadium) in Brazzaville.
Such a pairing would offer the Congolese a chance to avenge a recent 2-1 aggregate loss to the Nigerians in a Rio Olympics eliminator.
Congo have home advantage, a combative squad, and France-born coach Claude Le Roy possesses a deep knowledge of African football from decades spent working successfully around the continent.
Now 67, Le Roy has finished first and second with Cameroon, third with Ghana and fourth with Senegal in Africa Cup of Nations tournaments.
[/b]

gulftoday.ae/portal/d845b795-0580-4206-a54b-3525e2ed051b.aspx

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:44am On Sep 07, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AFTERMATH OF TANZANIA DRAW: NFF, Oliseh, Siasia Meet Again
•Glasshouse chiefs insist Nations Cup bigger than All African Games
•Want five Dream Team VI boys back in Eagles
•Cast doubts over Eagles’ midfielders
•Board meeting holds today in Port Harcourt
[/size]
Sportinglife can reveal exclusively today that eggheads of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) are unhappy with the quality of players in the Super Eagles and have directed that the coaches of the senior team Sunday Oliseh and Dream Team VI’s tactician Samson Siasia must sit in a heart-to-heart discussion, if the country must qualify for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon).
In Saturday’s post-match discussions outside the National Stadium in Dar es Salaam, Nigerians including NFF board members were miffed over the decision to deplete the Eagles to strenghten the country’s quest for a gold medal at the 2015 All African Games (AAG) holding in Congo.
The arguement in most circles after the game hinged on the fact that the five players (Ogenekaro Etebor, Kingsley Sokari, Christian Pyagbara, Chima Akas et al) could have been allowed to participate in Saturday’s barren draw game against Tanzania and join Dream Team VI in Congo after the game.
Those in this school of thought argued that Afcon is a bigger competition compared to the AAG stressing that even if Siasia needed the boys for his matches, he could have agreed for them to play the Tanzanian game before coming to Congo.
This school of thought posited further that Siasia pressed the panic button to strenghten his team when he knew that the Dream Team VI’s game against Egypt wouldn’t hold.
The other school of thought were livid with the way the midfielders played in the game. They challenged Oliseh not to invite all those who manned the midfield, describing them as being sluggish and unprepared to give their best in that game.
“Siasia knew that the game against Egypt wouldn’t hold, he ought to have released the five boys to the Eagles when the full training began in Abuja with the arrival of the foreign-based stars instead of taking them to Congo. If there was synergy and cooperation between Siasia and Oliseh, the dream team coach would have released the boys to the Eagles.
Sportinglifescooped that a line may have been drawn which favours the presence of our best players at all times in the Eagles, especially as the age grade teams are meant to discover new players.
Consequently, a board meeting of the NFF would likely hold today in Port Harcourt where an overview of the Tanzanian game will be discussed just as the strategies for the Eagles’ remaining games would be studied.
[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/aftermath-of-tanzania-draw-nff-oliseh-siasia-meet-again/
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Solanke, Ojo Score On England U19s Debut
[/size]

By Biyi Akangbe
Anglo - Nigerian starlets Dominic Solanke and Sheyi Ojo got off the mark in their first - ever game for the Under 19 squad of England, helping Aidy Boothroyd’s side beat Germany 3 - 2 at BELKAW Arena, Bergisch Gladbach on Friday.
The Chelsea loanee and Wolves winger earned starting berths but Josh Onomah of Tottenham Hotspur was on the bench throughout the duration of the game.
England - Under 19s found the breakthrough in the 36th minute after he was set up by Dominic Solanke.
On 55 minutes, Solanke restored the Young Lions one - goal advantage with his first career goal in the colours of the England U19s, and Maitland-Niles scored in the 64th minute to take the scoreline to 3 - 1.
Highly - rated Hertha Berlin central defender Jordan Torunarigha, who is the son of ex Shooting Stars player Ojokojo Torunarigha, failed to come off the bench for Germany’s U19s.
The 18 - year - old previously represented the Under 16 and Under 18 squads.
[/b]

www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/09/solanke-ojo-score-on-england-u19s-debut.html
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria Dream Team Fixtures For The 2015 All African Games
[/size]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-76yTeO0i30s/VeXiJojZkhI/AAAAAAAAJwA/NsJAHBszIwY/s640/U-23PH.jpg[/img]
By Biyi Akangbe
This September, Nigeria U23 national team also known as "Dream team VI," will be playing Egypt, Ghana, and Senegal U23 in Group B of the men's football event, 2015 All African Games at Brazzaville Congo.
Group B have been labelled by many sports analysts as 'the group of death," but most Nigerian fans are optimistic that their Dream team will win this one.
Although, the Samson Siasia tutored side would be fielding less than its full strength team, some of the notable players like top striker Taiwo Awoniyi, Simon Sokari won't be on duty during the games, due to club commitments.
However, the tournament would serve as a good test run for the 2016 Rio Olympics. And nothing short of Gold Medal will be good enough. See below the match fixtures:
Group B, Match 1 Egypt v Nigeria
Date: Sunday, September 6,
Time: 16:00 (Nigerian time)
Match 2 Nigeria v Ghana
Date: Wednesday 9
Time:14:00 (Nigerian time)
Match 3 Senegal v Nigeria
Date: Saturday 12
Time: 14:00 (Nigerian time)
[/b]

www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/09/nigeria-dream-team-fixtures-for-2015.html

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:33pm On Sep 07, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AAG: Ghana Coach Targets Win Against U23 Eagles
[/size]
Photo By Ganiyu Yusuf:
Ghana U-23 coach, Malik Jabir, has stated he’s going for victory against Nigeria U23 side on Wednesday September 9, at the All Africa Games in Brazzaville, Congo.
In their first group B match which was played on Snday, Ghana and Senegal settled for a 0-0 draw.
According to cafonline.com, Jabir who was reacting to their stalemate, described Senegal as a good side.
“Senegal is a good team. As coach, it is a long time since I saw them play. It was a discovery for me. I tried to learn more but this was not possible. I hope we will do better against Nigeria in our next game.”
Nigeria, Ghana and Senegal are the only teams in Group B of the men’s football event of the All Africa Games following the withdrawal of Egypt.
Meanwhile, the Super Falcons got off to a flying start at the games after they thrashed host, Congo, 5-1.
Desire Oparanozie (four goals) and Chinasa Uchendu (one goal) were the scorers for the Falcons.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/aag-ghana-coach-targets-win-against-u23-eagles/

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria Premier League 2015 Nigeria U23
'Street kid' Usman Mohammed eyes Eagles big break
[/size]

Usman Mohammed (second left) in action for Nigeria's Dream Team vs Congo recently
Five years after he was discovered playing on the dusty streets of Sokoto bare foot, Usman Mohammed is set to make his Super Eagles debut against Niger in a friendly on Tuesday.
The FC Taraba skipper, who is already an integral member of the Nigeria Olympic team, could even have made his Eagles bow in Tanzania at the weekend but for a “confused” display in a test match before the AFCON qualifier in Dar es Salaam.
Russia-based Lukman Haruna was therefore considered ahead of him, but Usman will now get another chance to prove his class in Tuesday’s friendly against the Mena of Niger in Port Harcourt.
“Usman was anAlmajiri(street kid in Hausa language) who I discovered playing on the street without any shoes in Sokoto,” said coach Ahmadu Lawal, who at that time headed an academy bankrolled by the Sokoto government aimed at taking youths off the streets.
“Even from that first day, he showed he is a natural and I‘m not surprised with what he has achieved within five years of hard work.”
The youngster was subsequently shipped out to feature for Ranchers Bees of Kaduna for the 2011/12 season in the Nigeria National League, before he moved to FC Taraba and helped them win a historic promotion to the Nigerian top-flight league.
Nigeria Olympic team coach Samson Siasia said the player has huge potentials.
“He is a good player, if he was not good, he won’t be in my team. He is a good listener and he has great potentials,” Siasia remarked.
He is a versatile midfielder, who could play as a defensive, central or attacking midfielder, and he is blessed with a great technique, which allows him to keep the game simple.
In 2012, he was to have signed a five-year deal with FC Tavriya of Ukraine before a change of management caused the foreign players to be offloaded.
Usman has continued to spark off interests from several clubs in Europe, but his handlers insist he will not be rushed to move overseas.
He is now expected to feature for the country in a 2016 CHAN qualifier against Burkina Faso in October and the following month, he will be part of the Dream Team VI for the Africa U23 Cup of Nations in Senegal, which will serve as a qualifier for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/565638/Street-kid-Usman-Mohammed-eyes-Eagles-big-break

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
[size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria (U20)
Musa Mohammed set for league debut in Turkey
[/size]

Musa Mohammed in training in Turkey
Flying Eagles skipper Musa Mohammed is set to make his league debut for Turkish club Basaksehir soon after a superb showing in a friendly against another Turkish Super League side Kasimpasa.
Musa gave an assist for his club’s goal in a game they lost 3-1 through two goalkeeping errors.
The right fullback played for 77 minutes.
“It was a good performance, which should fetch him his first start in the league very soon,” a source close to the player informed AfricanFootball.com
Last month, Musa was involved in his team’s pre-season training in Holland.
Basaksehir finished fourth last season and are currently 12thon the table with three points from as many matches.

africanfootball.com/news/565469/Musa-Mohammed-set-for-league-debut-in-Turkey

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:59pm On Sep 07, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
All Africa Games
Meteors draw blank with Senegal
[/size]
By Thomas Freeman Yeboah
The U-23 side of Ghana drew goalless draw against their West African Neighbour in the All African Games
The Black Meteors failed to register a win in their opening game of the 2015 All African Games being staged in Brazzaville, Congo.
Coach Malik Jabir, following his side's scoreless draw on Sunday at Stade Alphonse Massemba-Débat, Brazzaville has attributed the disappointing start to their title defence to poor preparation for the tournament.
“We didn’t prepare well, two months preparations, we couldn’t play enough friendly games, we even wanted to play Ashanti Gold in a friendly match but it couldn’t happen,” he told Joy Fm.
Ghana will face another West African hurdle in Nigeria on Wednesday 9th September.
The Black Meteors, under James Kwesi Appiah won their first gold medal in the All African Games football in 2011, so are participating in this championship as the defend champions.
Starting line-up for the Black Meteors: 16(GK) Richard Ofori, 18(DF) Patrick Asmah, 4(DF) Nti Emmanuel, 6(DF) Baba Mensah, 15(DF) Jeremiah Arkorful, 14(DF) Lawrence Lartey (C), 8(MF) Abdul, Latif 10(MF) Kennedy Ashia2(FW) Samuel Tetteh, 11(FW) Bright Adjei, 7(FW) Richard Gotze
[/b]

allsports.com.gh/football/all-africa-games-meteors-draw-blank-with-senegal-id4143334.html

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
Senegal deserved to win that game, they were the better side. Anyway, looking forward to the game against our perennial rivals, Ghana, that should make for good football. Meanwhile, CIV just might be hit with the Curse of the AFCON Champions and I don't think Nigeria will qualify either.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2015
I beg to differ Safari honey. Civ will make it. And The Super Eagles will make it also BUT...... It will certainly be one 'hell' of a ride. *smiles*

In the AAG Men's soccer, I predict a slim 2-1 or 1-0 win for Nigeria over Ghana. It may be more but I think my above predictions may prevail.

safarigirl:
Senegal deserved to win that game, they were the better side. Anyway, looking forward to the game against our perennial rivals, Ghana, that should make for good football. Meanwhile, CIV just might be hit with the Curse of the AFCON Champions and I don't think Nigeria will qualify either.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
I beg to differ Safari honey. Civ will make it. And The Super Eagles will make it also BUT...... It will certainly be one 'hell' of a ride. *smiles*

In the AAG Men's soccer, I predict a slim 2-1 or 1-0 win for Nigeria over Ghana. It may be more but I think my above predictions may prevail.

maybe CIV will scale through, but not the eagles. They'll have to win Egypt home and away which is highly unlikely

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.