Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,984 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? (183154 Views)

What Pc Game Are You Playing? / Want To Swap You Game For Another. Enter Here / Hi Guys, What Pc Or Laptop Model Do I Need To Play Pc Version Of Ps3 And Xbox360 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 3:36am On Nov 19, 2014
Timijo:
Pls where can I download free lawn tennis game for p?

Free lawn tennis game? Yeaaah no. Just say pirated. Also try top spin by sega. Brilliant game.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 11:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
kimco:

Don't u have an online store where people sell used stuffs? The only thing new in my pc is the motherboard( dat was cos I cudn't find a used one) and the cpu fan (becos my old one didn't fit.)

The gpu was bought used from a friend, ram, used, psu used, case is an old acer case with so much room to spare and ports, monitor used. The cpu was actually a gift from a friend I've been helping out. Was using a dual core 3.4ghz cpu ( which run fine btw, but with obvious bottlenecks) then my firend who cudn't afford to buy the parts for a new cpu ( mobo, ram and cpu fan) gave it to me so that I cud give him one of my Cpu+mobo+ram combo which was a core 2 duo. I say it was a gift becos searching for an i7 first gen cpu in ghana meant u had to give out ur lungs for sale, let alone a 3rd gen i7 cpu like the one he gave to me. So u see, I am in the same boat. I only had luck on my side.

We don't really have online stores that sell useful used stuff. Even the few online stores we have are not really interested in desktop computer components. As you said we are far behind technologically. Imagine someone making noise about a dedicated graphics card only for you to discover it's one of those useless GPUs that have 2GB of RAM, but are basically powerless (eg GT710x, AMD HD8610) - talk about good for nothing RAM.
The major cause of parts unavailability in Nigeria is the unwillingness of computer shop owners to educate themselves in the matter of computer components. These sellers think all CPUs, GPUs, RAM, motherboards, and PSUs are made equal. The few who are knowledgeable about these components, and even have modern versions in their shops will want you to sell your soul to acquire these components.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2014
kenomobola:

We don't really have online stores that sell useful used stuff. Even the few online stores we have are not really interested in desktop computer components. As you said we are far behind technologically. Imagine someone making noise about a dedicated graphics card only for you to discover it's one of those useless GPUs that have 2GB of RAM, but are basically powerless (eg GT710x, AMD HD8610) - talk about good for nothing RAM.
The major cause of parts unavailability in Nigeria is the unwillingness of computer shop owners to educate themselves in the matter of computer components. These sellers think all CPUs, GPUs, RAM, motherboards, and PSUs are made equal. The few who are knowledgeable about these components, and even have modern versions in their shops will want you to sell your soul to acquire these components.

Pronto. Even very old stuff are sold for so much. Now in my online used store middle level gpus are scarce and are being sold for as much as the price of high end gpus. This automatically makes the prices of high end gpus shoot up because.... competitive prices. Those low level gpus annoy me to no end I swear. Seriously the nerve of some people to overhype mediocre.

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by killer50: 11:31am On Dec 02, 2014
KingMEXX:
You forgot to Mention the portability being another reason Nigerians go for a laptop than a Desktop...We are always on the go...However, Good points you mentioned above.. The Nigerian Society hasn't opened up to much development in the area of Technology..
You can imagine how difficult it is to find a gaming Clan in this Country. Even Online games are rare in this country due to tariff plans imposed on us by our Telecom providers. I pray with the gradual enlightenment that we the modern day youths are experiencing, we would realize how backwards we are in Technology and seek ways of changing such...Cos Its an eyesore

You are wrong my brother. Gaming clans and online games are quite popular. Almost all my friends have access to 4G LTE broadband technology. I am forever online and have almost 200 friends on PSN. Plus i downloaded Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor for my PC yesterday. It was 20gb in size and it took barely 2 hours, and my internet connection isnt even the fastest available.

Pls dont be ignorant.

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
kimco:

Pronto. Even very old stuff are sold for so much. Now in my online used store middle level gpus are scarce and are being sold for as much as the price of high end gpus. This automatically makes the prices of high end gpus shoot up because.... competitive prices. Those low level gpus annoy me to no end I swear. Seriously the nerve of some people to overhype mediocre.

Those guys selling GPUs do not even understand what they're selling; they just look at the RAM on the card and start calling unreasonable prices. I guess the way out is to import the GPU through a proxy, OR get a laptop and be forever faithful to the GPU within.
With the recent slump in the Nigerian naira, it'll be even more difficult to import some of these cool components.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 8:52pm On Dec 07, 2014
kenomobola:

Those guys selling GPUs do not even understand what they're selling; they just look at the RAM on the card and start calling unreasonable prices. I guess the way out is to import the GPU through a proxy, OR get a laptop and be forever faithful to the GPU within.
With the recent slump in the Nigerian naira, it'll be even more difficult to import some of these cool components.

Hmmmm, dude jux pray for the influx of used gpus in an used online market. Cos ryt now...that's all that can save us the enthusiasts. Cos like u said, even the sellers are ignorant and cheats.

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Chuk77: 8:01am On Dec 13, 2014
Buy a ps4..its about 65k..nd its built fr gaming...You dont have to worry about resolution, quality, framerates etc...a laptop with its gpu (8GB shared memory) would set you back about 200k or even more....i like pc gaming..well i used to...pirated pc games usually dont work online...fifa15, Cod ghosts...etc...And i found it quite hard getting the original discs fr pc gaming...Had to just manage the ones that let you play thru a local network..in a ps4 you hav a rig that'll last you for the next 4yrs minimum. Atleast till the 5th gen PlayStation comes out
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 9:18am On Dec 13, 2014
Chuk77:
Buy a ps4..its about 65k..nd its built fr gaming...You dont have to worry about resolution, quality, framerates etc...a laptop with its gpu (8GB shared memory) would set you back about 200k or even more....i like pc gaming..well i used to...pirated pc games usually dont work online...fifa15, Cod ghosts...etc...And i found it quite hard getting the original discs fr pc gaming...Had to just manage the ones that let you play thru a local network..in a ps4 you hav a rig that'll last you for the next 4yrs minimum. Atleast till the 5th gen PlayStation comes out

Nice of u to come into a pc thread and suggest we get a ps4. By the way u spoke, it's obvious u don't have a clue wat u're saying.

1. I don't use my pc for jux gaming. that's the beauty of pc gaming. U can do other things as well.

2. If u think u don't have to worry about resolution den u're wrong. Sony promised 1080p resolutions for ps4. Most demanding games can't render that. And if they do, the world mostly becomes barren or the level are extremely linear...like God of war games (I love them tho) and the upcoming "the order" game. Also features like shadows, global illumination etc get toned down in the ps4 cos it can't handle it.

3. Framerates is all over the place. Assasin's creed unity is testament to this. There are more.

4. If u decide to laptop game then u'll have more expenses etc. A quadcore cpu which is over 9 yrs old with a decent mobo and a 570gtx is still a match for the ps4. Let alone an i3 upwards cpu. Infact if u can go up a notch and make it 660 oc or even 660ti then u'd be destroying the ps4.

5. the biggest advantage of pc gaming is that it's scalable and customisable. Unless ur pc is not meant for gaming u can reduce features and resolution to maintain a steady framerate and still have a beautiful looking game. Besides most gamers in africa hardly use a 1080p monitor to game let alone 1440p.

6. To play online on a ps4 is to purchace the original like u rightfully said. However one game cos around 20k, the least is probably 10k. that's grt if u can but it's insane to actually spen 15k on a video game disk. If u want to purchase a game on pc, jux use digital downloads, purchase and download. That's the only way here in africa. Also u will always find a private server to play online with pirated versions. Is piracy good? No! can it be stopped. I don't think so. Can the situation be helped? Yes, simply stop selling the game at the same price as in the developed countries ( dollar exchange rate) it's insanely expensive.
So I'd advice u to find a a used mobo dat support core to quad or phenom ii x4 and slot in a capable gpu and u're ready to game...

ps: ps4 cost 150k in my country. I can build a pc dat runs circles around the ps4 for less.

2 Likes

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by killer50: 11:47am On Dec 13, 2014
kimco:

Nice of u to come into a pc thread and suggest we get a ps4. By the way u spoke, it's obvious u don't have a clue wat u're saying.

1. I don't use my pc for jux gaming. that's the beauty of pc gaming. U can do other things as well.

2. If u think u don't have to worry about resolution den u're wrong. Sony promised 1080p resolutions for ps4. Most demanding games can't render that. And if they do, the world mostly becomes barren or the level are extremely linear...like God of war games (I love them tho) and the upcoming "the order" game. Also features like shadows, global illumination etc get toned down in the ps4 cos it can't handle it.

3. Framerates is all over the place. Assasin's creed unity is testament to this. There are more.

4. If u decide to laptop game then u'll have more expenses etc. A quadcore cpu which is over 9 yrs old with a decent mobo and a 570gtx is still a match for the ps4. Let alone an i3 upwards cpu. Infact if u can go up a notch and make it 660 oc or even 660ti then u'd be destroying the ps4.

5. the biggest advantage of pc gaming is that it's scalable and customisable. Unless ur pc is not meant for gaming u can reduce features and resolution to maintain a steady framerate and still have a beautiful looking game. Besides most gamers in africa hardly use a 1080p monitor to game let alone 1440p.

6. To play online on a ps4 is to purchace the original like u rightfully said. However one game cos around 20k, the least is probably 10k. that's grt if u can but it's insane to actually spen 15k on a video game disk. If u want to purchase a game on pc, jux use digital downloads, purchase and download. That's the only way here in africa. Also u will always find a private server to play online with pirated versions. Is piracy good? No! can it be stopped. I don't think so. Can the situation be helped? Yes, simply stop selling the game at the same price as in the developed countries ( dollar exchange rate) it's insanely expensive.
So I'd advice u to find a a used mobo dat support core to quad or phenom ii x4 and slot in a capable gpu and u're ready to game...

ps: ps4 cost 150k in my country. I can build a pc dat runs circles around the ps4 for less.

Well written.

PCs run circles round any of the so-called next gen consoles in terms of graphics. Apart from that, i see no other advantage.

But i disagree with some of your other points.

For one, the PS4 actually renders games in 1080p examples being wolfenstein, the last of us and GTA V. If you had said the Xbox one struggles with 1080p, then i would have agreed with you. And seeing that developers are still getting used to the hardware on the new next gen consoles, expect forthcoming games to all run in 1080p.

Frame rates are NOT all over the place. COD AW, Killzone shadowfall, Titan fall, Wolfenstein (i could go on and on) all runs at 60 fps. Assasins creed unity is a poorly coded abomination which suffered from various bugs and glitches on both consoles and PC's. the frame rate issues on AC unity apply to both PCs and consoles.

For PC games, playing online is IMPOSSIBLE unless you buy the original version of the game. AAA games at time of release cost exactly the same amount on both consoles and PCs. So the school of thought that postulates that PC gaming is cheaper is absolutely wrong (unless you plan on playing just indie games).

In today's modern gaming world, gaming has become a social activity. Almost every single game released has online features and some games have even become multiplayer only ( Destiny, Titanfall). So downloading pirated versions of PC games that cannot be played online robs you of experiencing most games as they are meant to be experienced.

Btw, digital downloads are also available on consoles. I would be surprised if you dont know that. It is not exclusive to PC. It is also cheaper than getting a physical copy. But the advantage of getting a physical copy is that you can trade or resell your games after you are done with them. Something you PC gamers cannot do.

Finally, the whole point of being a gamer is so you can play the BEST AND MOST EXCITING GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats the point of calling yourself a gamer if you cant play beautiful titles like The God of war series, the last of us or uncharted Or future tantalizing games like The order 1886, God of war 4, Uncharted 4, Quantum break or Halo 5 guardians. Microsoft who claim that they are "dedicated to PC gaming" has clearly abandoned you PC gamers. LMAO!!!!!

Titles like sunset overdrive, Forza horizon 5, Halo the masterchief collection etc are not on PC. Even the upcoming "Rise of the tom raider" that is going to be published by microsoft is an XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE. So what is left for PC gamers.

Come 2015, i would be enjoying new and fresh exclusive titles like Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Godzilla and The order 1886.

Enjoy playing your 10 year old World of Warcraft in 1440p on your intel 4th gen nvidia titan gpu.

LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

PSN: Daffidon50
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:34am On Dec 14, 2014
killer50:

Well written.

PCs run circles round any of the so-called next gen consoles in terms of graphics. Apart from that, i see no other advantage.

But i disagree with some of your other points.

For one, the PS4 actually renders games in 1080p examples being wolfenstein, the last of us and GTA V. If you had said the Xbox one struggles with 1080p, then i would have agreed with you. And seeing that developers are still getting used to the hardware on the new next gen consoles, expect forthcoming games to all run in 1080p.

Frame rates are NOT all over the place. COD AW, Killzone shadowfall, Titan fall, Wolfenstein (i could go on and on) all runs at 60 fps. Assasins creed unity is a poorly coded abomination which suffered from various bugs and glitches on both consoles and PC's. the frame rate issues on AC unity apply to both PCs and consoles.

For PC games, playing online is IMPOSSIBLE unless you buy the original version of the game. AAA games at time of release cost exactly the same amount on both consoles and PCs. So the school of thought that postulates that PC gaming is cheaper is absolutely wrong (unless you plan on playing just indie games).

In today's modern gaming world, gaming has become a social activity. Almost every single game released has online features and some games have even become multiplayer only ( Destiny, Titanfall). So downloading pirated versions of PC games that cannot be played online robs you of experiencing most games as they are meant to be experienced.

Btw, digital downloads are also available on consoles. I would be surprised if you dont know that. It is not exclusive to PC. It is also cheaper than getting a physical copy. But the advantage of getting a physical copy is that you can trade or resell your games after you are done with them. Something you PC gamers cannot do.

Finally, the whole point of being a gamer is so you can play the BEST AND MOST EXCITING GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats the point of calling yourself a gamer if you cant play beautiful titles like The God of war series, the last of us or uncharted Or future tantalizing games like The order 1886, God of war 4, Uncharted 4, Quantum break or Halo 5 guardians. Microsoft who claim that they are "dedicated to PC gaming" has clearly abandoned you PC gamers. LMAO!!!!!

Titles like sunset overdrive, Forza horizon 5, Halo the masterchief collection etc are not on PC. Even the upcoming "Rise of the tom raider" that is going to be published by microsoft is an XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE. So what is left for PC gamers.

Come 2015, i would be enjoying new and fresh exclusive titles like Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Godzilla and The order 1886.

Enjoy playing your 10 year old World of Warcraft in 1440p on your intel 4th gen nvidia titan gpu.

LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

PSN: Daffidon50

Welldone. But I too must correct ur corrections.

1. Gta 5 and last of us are hd ports of last gen games, it would have been bad if they couldn't run at 1080p. Most cross gen games run full hd and then some. But like I said most aaa games can't render full hd and those that do, have to sacrifice scale or npc to do so. That's a trade of to me don't u agree. I agree unity is an abomination

2. If I recall correctly none of those games hold a steady framerate. 60fps isn't locked hence my exaggeration with the use of the phrase "all over the place" I think even in gta 5 the xbone beats it slightly with 1 or 2 fps...and that game was said to be 30fps locked. Goes to show u.

Online is gud..but what's the use of wanting to play online when the prices for game discs are in the heavens? Ofcos we want to play online...it's not easy doing so. Jux today I went to googleplay to download a game dat was 5$, it was 3times the amount I had to pay in my currency...1hich is ghana cedis. U think I'm gonna want to do that?...I think not.

3.And yes u can play pirated games online (not all mind u) but certainly not on official servers.if the game is dat addictive people seem to go thru the trouble of hosting servers for pirates to enjoy. If not, they dnt bother. So if u rly want to game online on a certain game but nobody feels the way u do den u better shell out the doe.

4. I was answering the statement about difficulty in finding the game disc to buy, so I offered a way out which was digital download. I didn't say digital downloads were exclusive to pcs. Seriously man.

5. The point of calling myself a gamer is to play the best games that my pocket can allow me. Do u think I have the money to buy a ps4, xbone and wii u? In addition to the pc I toil sweat and blood to build? Well I'm not that rich. If I get that rich hell yeah I'd buy the consoles to play as well as my pc. But this is a pc thread. Any talk of console is actually offtopic.

6. U jux mentioned console exclusives. If I have a ps4 I can play certain exclusives and multiplats. If I have an xbone I can do like wise. Same goes for the wii u, and most def same goes for the pc.

7. Last bit really made u come up as very ignorant or jux a troll. If u don't think pcs have exclusive games then I'm sorry for u. Go and google pc exclusives and and come back, edit that last bit and repent.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
Nice rig
kimco:
The previous thread got lost with the nairaland hack the last time so I was compelled to make another. So I ask again; What pc do you use to game nairaland...
Mine has seen a bit of upgrade;
Cpu: core i7 3770 3.4ghz (turbo boost to 3.9ghz)
Gpu: hd 7770 (will upgrade soon)
Ram: 6gb(2 + 4 1333mhz)
Hdd: 1tb + 500gb (both seagate barracuda)
Monitor: samsung sync master 2333
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
I'm more of a laptop gamer myself as i love the portability. My specs:
Intel core i5-3230M @ 2.6GHz
8gig ram
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Nvidia Geforce Gt 820M.
I manage to play most games of 2014 on medium to low specs. But hey i dont really mind graphics as long as get good FPS out of it. But games like fifa 15 run (not as smooth) on high settings
I hope to upgade very soon sha
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 16, 2014
Well most gamers n 9ja here are somewhat handicapped as most of the best gaming PCs out there dont get shipped to Nigeria because no one is really paying much attention to PC gaming especially in Nigeria. And even if u manage to see one medium gaming PC, we could be looking at price ranges from $1500 to $2000. And its not everybody that is as boxed up as those prices suggest.
kimco:
Most "gamers" on here really don't have gaming pcs atall
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 16, 2014
Damn right bro. Gaming PCs are badly overlooked here in NIgeria and its really painful as it is annoying
kenomobola:
@ActivateKruger, and @kimco. I have to say, your gaming rigs are beasts; I'm quite impressed.
@ActivateKruger, please which AMD CPU are you using; is it an FX-series CPU, or an A-series CPU.

Unfortunately it will be very difficult for anyone living in Nigeria to have gaming desktop PCs such as yours; you can hardly find Intel's Core i series processors, Modern AMD CPUs, DirectX10 GPUs, and DirectX11 GPUs in Nigerian computer markets. Instead you'll find crap like AMD AthlonXP CPUs, Intel Pentium D CPUs, hopeless GPUs (Geforce 5500FX for instance), pathetic monitors (non-widescreen types), boring cases, unreliable PSUs and some other laughable components at truly atrocious prices.
It's like those sellers just met and concluded that we do not deserve to have modern computer parts over here. Funny thing is they always focus on bringing in modern computer peripherals; like boring printers, boring scanners, and boring office equipment in general. If you want to assemble or even purchase a gaming rig here, you might have to import the parts or the complete system by yourself. That's the main reason why most of the respondents on this thread are always talking about laptop configurations; because getting a laptop is the only way we can have access to modern computer hardware.
Thanks.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
Yo, u downloaded 20gig just like dat? What network do u use and what internet plan are u using?
killer50:

You are wrong my brother. Gaming clans and online games are quite popular. Almost all my friends have access to 4G LTE broadband technology. I am forever online and have almost 200 friends on PSN. Plus i downloaded Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor for my PC yesterday. It was 20gb in size and it took barely 2 hours, and my internet connection isnt even the fastest available.

Pls dont be ignorant.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 6:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
AdeLaNa1:
Damn right bro. Gaming PCs are badly overlooked here in NIgeria and its really painful as it is annoying

Just imagine the possibilities if we had proper PC gaming hardware here, it would be crazy. All those oohing and aaahing over gaming consoles would have something else to think about.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 17, 2014
Exactly. I keep telling people PC will always be a generation ahead of consoles as long as u ve the right hardware which is always scarce in this part of the world. Imagine having an Nvidia gtx 680 in SLI configurations at that shocked That should last any PC gamer for the next 5-6 years without needing to upgrade. Not to talk of the new 900 series GPUs that should be coming out next year
kenomobola:

Just imagine the possibilities if we had proper PC gaming hardware here, it would be crazy. All those oohing and aaahing over gaming consoles would have something else to think about.

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 11:48am On Dec 17, 2014
AdeLaNa1:
Exactly. I keep telling people PC will always be a generation ahead of consoles as long as u ve the right hardware which is always scarce in this part of the world. Imagine having an Nvidia gtx 680 in SLI configurations at that shocked That should last any PC gamer for the next 5-6 years without needing to upgrade. Not to talk of the new 900 series GPUs that should be coming out next year

Funny enough, I remember reading an opinion somewhere (more than ten years ago) that consoles would simply become highly customised PCs. With GPUs of this year or even last year, you'll be good to go for about three to four years. Isn't it ironic that we have a so called computer village in Lagos, where you can hardly find modern CPUs, modern GPUs, and capable PSUs. Shame really.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
Its just sad. Lets just hope sooner rather than later there would be an influx of modern computer parts in this country and at affordable prices too
kenomobola:

Funny enough, I remember reading an opinion somewhere (more than ten years ago) that consoles would simply become highly customised PCs. With GPUs of this year or even last year, you'll be good to go for about three to four years. Isn't it ironic that we have a so called computer village in Lagos, where you can hardly find modern CPUs, modern GPUs, and capable PSUs. Shame really.

1 Like

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 10:04am On Dec 18, 2014
killer50:

Pls dont be ignorant.

How much does the 4g lte broadband cost dude. If it's affordable then sure u're right. If only a selescted few can afford it, then he's right.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 10:07am On Dec 18, 2014
kenomobola:

I heard so much about that computer village...even tried making my nigerian friend buy me a gpu from dere cos he was raving about the plax, ofcos he came back empty handed with a barrage of excuses. Is it that bad? Is the name jux for show?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 10:23am On Dec 18, 2014
AdeLaNa1:
Its just sad. Lets just hope sooner rather than later there would be an influx of modern computer parts in this country and at affordable prices too
Dat will take centuries. Maybe we shud pass these things through togo. It's waaay cheaper there.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 11:58am On Dec 18, 2014
kimco:

I heard so much about that computer village...even tried making my nigerian friend buy me a gpu from dere cos he was raving about the plax, ofcos he came back empty handed with a barrage of excuses. Is it that bad? Is the name jux for show?

Computer village in Lagos is highly overrated. The only recent items you can find there are printers, and scanners; because of the booming sales of toner, and ink cartridges. The really important computer components like motherboards, GPUs, and PSUs are hardly available; except you want to buy outdated junk. Can you believe those guys at computer village are selling Pentium 4, and Athlon XP CPUs at almost the same prices they were launched at. Power supplies are another sad story; you'll hardly find decent PSUs at computer village. And GPUs? They're almost extinct in computer village. It's like the guys there think the only thing you need a GPU for is to watch movies, play 2D games, and probably display presentations. The GPUs on offer in computer village are archaic and truly offensive to any discerning computer user. And I don't expect things to improve any time soon.
The real problem in computer village is - the traders and store owners in computer village are not passionate about PCs, they're all about the money.

2 Likes

Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
Computer village?? Lool. That place is a joke
kenomobola:

Computer village in Lagos is highly overrated. The only recent items you can find there are printers, and scanners; because of the booming sales of toner, and ink cartridges. The really important computer components like motherboards, GPUs, and PSUs are hardly available; except you want to buy outdated junk. Can you believe those guys at computer village are selling Pentium 4, and Athlon XP CPUs at almost the same prices they were launched at. Power supplies are another sad story; you'll hardly find decent PSUs at computer village. And GPUs? They're almost extinct in computer village. It's like the guys there think the only thing you need a GPU for is to watch movies, play 2D games, and probably display presentations. The GPUs on offer in computer village are archaic and truly offensive to any discerning computer user. And I don't expect things to improve any time soon.
The real problem in computer village is - the traders and store owners in computer village are not passionate about PCs, they're all about the money.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 18, 2014
*Sigh*
kimco:

Dat will take centuries. Maybe we shud pass these things through togo. It's waaay cheaper there.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:24am On Dec 19, 2014
kenomobola:

Jux as I tot. Very bad, they shud stop calling demselves computer village and call demselves money village.How about the habour? The goods that come in shud have some gpus and untested I series desktops in dere. Damn why is computer purchase in africa so damn hard. Even the shops selling the components new are doing so at exhorbitant prices. I7 desktop cos $800-$1000. Remeber it's three tyms the worth in ghana cedis and da is gpu excluded. Hell the cpu alone can cost 600$ and it isn't even the k version. Isn't there any way we can alert these people that there is a waiting market for these things? On ebay some of these components are jux so cheap u wudn't believe it. Is dere a way these things can be bought on ebay and shipped into west africa?
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kimco(m): 12:29am On Dec 19, 2014
AdeLaNa1:

Errrmm the 900series nvidia cards have released dude, like a month and half ago iirc. And they are beasts. Esp the 970 for performance:price. If u have the money and can buy it, pls do. U wnt regret it. It has not a single negative review and the gamers are recommending it all over.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by heskeyw(m): 8:14am On Dec 19, 2014
Using my hp elitebook 8440p to play pes and prototype since 2012
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by kenomobola(m): 11:00am On Dec 19, 2014
kimco:

Jux as I tot. Very bad, they shud stop calling demselves computer village and call demselves money village.How about the habour? The goods that come in shud have some gpus and untested I series desktops in dere. Damn why is computer purchase in Africa so damn hard. Even the shops selling the components new are doing so at exhorbitant prices. I7 desktop cos $800-$1000. Remember it's three tyms the worth in ghana cedis and da is gpu excluded. Hell the cpu alone can cost 600$ and it isn't even the k version. Isn't there any way we can alert these people that there is a waiting market for these things? On ebay some of these components are jux so cheap u wudn't believe it. Is dere a way these things can be bought on ebay and shipped into west africa?

Yes there are ways to purchase and import these components into West Africa. It will just require some bit of overhead. As for informing those dudes about the market; they know already, but they only want to concentrate on what brings them the most cash. Also those who willing import GPUs, and modern CPUs do so with the sole intent of ripping off their customers.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 20, 2014
Had no idea they had already been released. Been a while i followed up on them. Anyway which do u think is better in Nvidia and AMD cards? Most of the gaming community seem to go for Nvidia
kimco:

Errrmm the 900series nvidia cards have released dude, like a month and half ago iirc. And they are beasts. Esp the 970 for performance:price. If u have the money and can buy it, pls do. U wnt regret it. It has not a single negative review and the gamers are recommending it all over.
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Bruich76(f): 11:08am On Dec 20, 2014
I have this
CPU: Intel Core i3 or AMD Athlon II (K10) 2.8 GHz
RAM: 4GB
GPU: GeForce 2xx Series or AMD Radeon HD 5xxx Series (Excluding Integrated Chipsets) with OpenGL 3.3
HDD: 1GB
Re: What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 20, 2014
1 gig harddrive
Bruich76:
I have this
CPU: Intel Core i3 or AMD Athlon II (K10) 2.8 GHz
RAM: 4GB
GPU: GeForce 2xx Series or AMD Radeon HD 5xxx Series (Excluding Integrated Chipsets) with OpenGL 3.3
HDD: 1GB

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (71) (Reply)

Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / HELP: Gaming Enquires / Updates And News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.