Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,739 members, 7,820,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form (69605 Views)

Why Buhari Took His Son, Yusuf On The Official US Trip – Presidency / 650 People Have Died Since Buhari Took Over - AFP / How Detrot Bomber Father Paid For General Buhari Apc Nomination Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 17, 2014
just to cover up
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 17, 2014
etunoman76:
Buhari meanwhile, yesterday procured the party’s N27.5 million expression of interest and nomination forms at the national secretariat.

Lamenting what the costs of the forms were high, he said that it took the understanding of his bankers in Kaduna and Abuja to raise the money.

“It’s a pity I couldn’t influence this amount to be put down as in the case of ladies and the disabled that intend to participate. I always looked left and right in our meetings but I could not read sympathy, so I kept my trap.

“But I felt heavily sorry for myself because I don’t want to go and ask somebody to pay for my nomination forms, because I always try to pay myself, at least for the nomination.

“N27 million is a big sum, thankfully I have personal relationship with the manager of my bank in Kaduna and early this morning, I put an early call (and) I told him that very soon the forms are coming, so, whether I am on red, or green or even black please honour it, otherwise I may lose the nomination.

“I was about to go to Kaduna this morning and I told the Chairman (John Odigie-Oyegun) but he said in that case, you better pick your form and keep a straight face. That means there is no excuse,” Buhari said.

Responding after handing over the forms to Buhari, the national chairman of the party, Chief Odigie-Oyegun explained that the N27.5m was carefully chosen to “separate men from the boys”.

“Let me say that the N27.5m is to separate the men from the boys. It is quite clear. We know you. I don’t expect you have N27m under your bed. But I expected that there are Nigerians who will vouch for you any day and who are ready to stand for you any day and that is the result that we have obtained today”, he said.

The chairman who expressed satisfaction over the turnout that greeted Buhari’s presidential declaration at Eagles Square in Abuja on Wednesday further stated that APC’s train was already on its way to the Aso Rock Presidential Villa.

Odigie-Oyegun also yesterday said the party would not be averse to the emergence of a consensus candidate should all the presidential aspirants in the party agree to it. He nevertheless stated the readiness of the party to conduct free and fair primaries that would be acceptable to all.

He said: “I want to congratulate you again on the great event that I watched very avidly on television yesterday. It was good for you but it was good for me and the party. I watched it and I knew the entire nation was watching. And I knew inside me what they would be saying. Yes, truly, APC has arrived. These people mean business. Yes, we are going to have quite a few aspirants and we are very glad at the level of display that one by one, they are putting up. It’s a clear indication of the quality in APC.

”It is a clear indication of the quality of leadership that we are offering the nation. “All the people being presented by the APC, there is not one to my mind, so far, who is not eminently qualified to govern this nation and who given even half a chance will not beat anybody PDP can bring to the fore.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/jonathan-blasts-buhari-says-buhari-promising/
I admire this man. I love his resilience. He deserves to be President.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by meforyou1(m): 10:01am On Oct 17, 2014
buhari is a bloody liar. u borrow money to buy nomination form, borrow money to campaign, just to be APC candidate. and if he wins and becomes the candidate, he will borrow much more to campaign for presidency.
and then he losses definitely. and then borrow much more to continue sponsoring his boko haram to make the country ungovernable.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by ONYEBALL: 10:01am On Oct 17, 2014
Make una no mind buhari o that money wey him dey talk say him borrow na him money o i dey there when im dey plan with the bank manager say make the manager talk say na borrow im borrow the money,make una no talk say na me tell una o.aka m dikwa ocha ocheesy

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by ElFenomeno1: 10:01am On Oct 17, 2014
What is the big deal if he took a bank loan to purchase him expression of interest form?!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by ElFenomeno1: 10:01am On Oct 17, 2014
john4reala:
just to cover up

Cover what up?!

Is this one daft?!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by Zulele: 10:02am On Oct 17, 2014
waternogetenemy:
Loan? lmao!

A beggar wants to be president? How exactly does Buhari intend to govern Nigeria via loan?

GEJ till 2019
And GEJ was worse wen he "had no shoes" and u voted 4 him! Now tell me son,how many shoes does he have?

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by Usmanmuhammedd: 10:02am On Oct 17, 2014
Usmanmuhammedd:

my broda power is not given it taken,beware,u av to fight for it.nelson mandela fought for it.and now buhari is during same.
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by Zulele: 10:02am On Oct 17, 2014
waternogetenemy:
Loan? lmao!

A beggar wants to be president? How exactly does Buhari intend to govern Nigeria via loan?

GEJ till 2019
And GEJ was worse wen he "had no shoes" and u voted 4 him! Now tell me son,how many shoes does he have now?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by abdulabbakar(m): 10:03am On Oct 17, 2014
grin
hopilo:
Thank you for explain what he Buhari said because I was finding it very difficult comprehend Buhari's speech when he pick the form.

If Buhari's speech is not understandable, then yours is as deadly as EVD for human consumption grin

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by tuffgongjo(m): 10:04am On Oct 17, 2014
Is the Form so expensive because they see the position of the president as a "Golden Goose"?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by san316(m): 10:05am On Oct 17, 2014
As In Ehn! Hw Doz He Plan To Repay?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by abdulabbakar(m): 10:07am On Oct 17, 2014
Adindupeter:
Story for the Gods........ If it's true, then that's the more reason why we shouldn't vote him. Can't Imagine what will happen to our oil money should he smell that seat.

Not Worse than what is happening currently under the leadership of MR EBOLA( a once upon a time shoeless-palm-wine-tapper!) grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by tolu4you: 10:08am On Oct 17, 2014
Funny.... someone told me this morning that buhari didn't have that money. He said buhari no get 10m in his account and im seeing this on nairaland. Why?
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by sixtusjr(m): 10:10am On Oct 17, 2014
Habitual liar.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by MadCow1: 10:10am On Oct 17, 2014
So a Bank can loan Buhari 27 Million naira to invest in a Venture that is very certain to fail.. YET they would not give me a loan to invest in a business.. angry

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by buruike(f): 10:11am On Oct 17, 2014
I ve tried so hard to reason as to what could be the necessity for such a high amount of money for a presidential nomination form.
Is only natural then that,with such desperation to secure the post,the first thing he/ anybody else ll do once he gets there is to take from the public purse to repay back his loan. If such could happen,then, how tax payer's money will be utilised during the whole term can just not be imagined by no one.
When I read the earlier post about how those in high post as far back as 20-27 years ago are still presently in active service today, I just wondered how deeply decayed our society has become.
The solution is beyond one,two,three persons' ability,knowledge,wisdom,power and might,
YET,it can start with one,two,three persons and all.

God help Us.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by harrwix(m): 10:13am On Oct 17, 2014
Truth is I don't really care if he borrows money from the world bank to show the world something we never knew before....

I can only vote him n his colleague come 2015 only if he has a magic wand to turn the fortunes of this nation around.......else!

#GEJ till 2019
#freshair

btw the devil you are familiar with is better than the stranger angel.....tested n trusted.....Nigeria must be better!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by BetterNigeria: 10:13am On Oct 17, 2014
gbaskiboy:
Better we start taking cover now, if this man eventually won presidential election, am sure with his desperation for money, power and fame he'll loan this dear country to China just as clubs loan players grin
my friend, u don't kno wat u are saying

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by dustydee: 10:14am On Oct 17, 2014
I guess a lot of people have a problem with comprehension so let me break it down.
1. Buhari never mentioned that he took a loan.
2. He said he called his banker to inform him that the nomination forms were ready and if he gets a cheque from him, the cheque should be honoured whether he has sufficient funds or not (which apparently the banker agreed).

For those of you who said he took a loan, how much loan did he take?

In the end, I believe the entire N27.5m was not paid by him but by his supporters. (I reached this conclusion because I don't see any reason why he would sign his own cheque and hand it over to Timipre Silva to present to the National Secretary).

Let's learn to reason before we jump into conclusion(s).

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by celeron40(m): 10:15am On Oct 17, 2014
lilprinze:
so he is saying he is very broke to the extent that he doesn't have N27 million To Purchase
APC Nomination Form but he has money to sponsors BH, this old man should please respect his age and stop lying and deceiving us.
U are sick..What evidence do you have of that? This is not a beer parlor..stop talking like a drunkard.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 17, 2014
drss:
27.5 million naira for nomination form Yet dem dey call demselves party for the masses? APC is Fraud.
. A BIG fraud!!!
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by Ogbodavies(m): 10:16am On Oct 17, 2014
and someone else is going to pay it back..... guess who?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 17, 2014
Like seriously? Gosh! Nigerian politicians are born liars. I don't believe this. And if he lost the bid how is he gonna repay it? Smh.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by teebaxy(m): 10:16am On Oct 17, 2014
That implies dat dis dude is a boy trying to do what men shuld be doing. d old thief has turn naija politics to business to invest in. youth beware of old thief, he wants to take our moni to d grave!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by eshope(m): 10:18am On Oct 17, 2014
Congratulations sir, cool cool
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by 1stola1(m): 10:18am On Oct 17, 2014
okay.
May your struggle pay of.

e-vote still ongoing.
Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 17, 2014
Nomination form? i guess for presidency, abi?

He has been there before, why try so hard to be there again?

Must power be in the hands of particular set of people?

Haba..!!!

Even oga Jona shld swerve after this 2014. He shld forget 2015.

That seat is not only for them abeg.

Is it a crime for my father or ur father to be d president of this country?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by abagnalie: 10:19am On Oct 17, 2014
thats ma general.thats true commitment and patriotism from one of nigerias famous and finest general.team GMB thats how we roll

1 Like

Re: Buhari Took Bank Loan To Purchase APC Nomination Form by endy23(m): 10:22am On Oct 17, 2014
If he likes let him go to his grandmothers grave to borrow money but I know he is not going to rule dis country QED

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

People Flee As Policemen Shoot At Ekiti Government House / Akpabio's Home Town One Of The Most Beautiful Place In Nigeria Pix / My Phone Chat With President Buhari - Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.