Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them (3756 Views)

Top 10 Things That Women Loves About Men But Will Never Say It / 8 Things Men Find Unattractive But Won’t Tell You / The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by AJOT99(m): 8:33pm On Oct 17, 2014
1. Men with Ambition Imbalances:
I love a purpose-driven man. I am insanely attracted to men that work hard, have a vision and are actively trying to achieve that vision; however, if I get the sense that a man would stab me dead and step over my cold body to get to the top, I can’t take him too seriously. Men, keep that in mind when we meet at the bar and you try to impress me with stories about your cut throat attitude and your proclivity to check your Blackberry during sex. I’ll nod and smile, but you can’t be my boyfriend. Conversely, if you have no job and/or no ambition, we can’t be together. Ambition is a necessary spice of life, but it’s not the entire meal. Savor relaxation, savor balance, and savor me.

2. Men who aren’t funny:
I’ve been told I laugh like an old man. It starts deep in the belly and rolls up and out of my mouth. It’s loud and embarrassing, and — sometimes — it’s better than sex. I will never find a man that can’t make me laugh attractive. I also really hate dealing with men who crack corny jokes. I have to pretend to laugh, this encourages the man to keep trying, and it’s generally a bad time for everyone involved. Laughter may seem silly to some, but it’s a necessity for me. Life is too short and I can be far too serious — laughter reminds me to chill out.

3. The Inauthentic Nice Guy:
I love genuinely nice people: they smile, they are attentive, and they make the world a better place. That said, the inauthentic nice guy is super unattractive. His kindness is rooted in a lack of self-worth, a need to please EVERYONE at the expense of his own happiness. This man, in a relationship, is a pushover. I’m not asking to date a complete asshole, but healthy boundaries are part of being an adult. Also, a lack authenticity of any sort is unattractive for me.

4. Men who suffer from “little man syndrome”:
See, I’ve dated guys who were short. Height has never been an issue for me. I throw on heels , they come up to my neck, and we ride out. I’m actually cool with it — it makes me feel like a model. That said, I can’t deal with men who are always trying to compensate for their stature. Relax. Put your arms down. Stop talking about the time you stomped out a dude twice your height. Own your size. Own all of your flaws for that matter. Good things can come in small packages, and I’m open to accepting all packages, as long as their good enough (pun intended).

5. Men who can’t defend themselves:
I know I’m going to catch flack for this, but I don’t care. Call it carnal, call it archaic, but if a man can’t defend himself, I can’t take him seriously. After several seasons of careful reflection True Blood, I have come to terms with my werewolf alpha-driven fetishes tendencies. I don’t ever ever want to be with a man who goes around picking fights. EVER! (Seriously, we’re too old, and dudes that pick fights are extremely unattractive.) But I do need to know that you and I can go all Resident Evil together when the zombie apocalypse hits. I’m a survivor. My man must be one as well.

6. Men who only look fly with a hat (or other items of clothing) on:
Ladies, I know it’s not just me. We’ve all been deceived by a man who was gorgeous with his hat on, but looked crazy when he took it off. Just like men appreciate natural beauty, I appreciate a man who is sexy without covering half of his face. I can already hear men rallying against Spanx, wonder bras and weaves as I type this…

7. Men who don’t care about their health:
I’m not perfect: I don’t exercise as much as I’d like (I used to be a distance runner), and sometimes I fall short of my diet objectives (fried chicken is my weakness), so I’m not expecting to date a man who is the pinnacle of health, but if a man has beer for breakfast and cigarettes for lunch, there’s a strong chance I might be repulsed by him. As I get older, I’m becoming more interested in partnerships that have potential to last a lifetime. With the understanding that men die earlier than ladies anyway, need to know that my man is making some strides to go the distance.

8. Cheap Men:
Let me be clear: I understand the importance of budgeting and frugality. As a late twenty-something, I respect a long-term savings plan and the wisdom that keeps a person from balling out. That said, often cheap men aren’t just skimping on money: they are often cheap with their time, cheap with their emotions, and cheap with their level of creativity. Cheap men are often holding back all of their resources for some future plan. I’m perfectly content if our date includes a beautiful park, cheap wine, and my favorite taco truck delights; however, more often than not, cheap men don’t take the steps required to create ambiance or luxury thru experience. They think more about their money than they do about me. So, if we’re standing at the dollar pizza spot and sharing a slice and a soda, it’s not about the money at that point. It’s about how your perceived lack keeps you from seeing more interesting possibilities in life.

9. Men who smell funny.
Man-scent can be intoxicating. It can drive me to wear a t-shirt that doesn’t belong to me just to inhale and relive the memory. Basically, a good man scent turns me into a creeper. Good smells evoke good feelings, but bad smells? I can’t take men who smell funny seriously. If his breath smells like coffee and hard boiled eggs, if he doesn’t use deodorant regularly, thinks it’s appropriate to wear Axe, his jeans smell like they need to be washed, or his sweat smells like yesterday’s Happy Hour session, I really can’t deal. I have to like the way you smell. Point blank.

10. High-maintenance men
I went to an art exhibit with a date and when we got there we discovered the artist (for some unknown reason) covered the entire gallery floor with dirt. As my date and I approached the entrance he stopped short and looked at me mortified. “Oh no, let’s skip this” he said, “I can’t get my sneakers dirty.” It was a funny moment, and my date did risk mud stains for the sake of art, but the incident exposes a truth for me: I love a well-dressed man, but if vanity impedes on my desire to explore and experience new things, we just aren't compatible.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by ifuckpussy(f): 8:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
MenBoys with small pennis
Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by leonprince: 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
Op are you gay?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by Zakkyoz: 9:08pm On Oct 17, 2014
I foresee a counter thread.
Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by AJOT99(m): 9:55pm On Oct 17, 2014
@leon prince, am not gay. It was actually copied and its a lady's opinion
Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by EpicNigerian(m): 10:15pm On Oct 17, 2014
I don't want to be judgmental or anything.I just have this creepy feeling that the writer is overly opinionated....and that's a big turn off for me.Women like that can't stay long in relationships.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by passionate88: 11:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
2. Men who aren’t funny:
I’ve been told I laugh like an old man. It starts deep in the belly and rolls up and out of my mouth. It’s loud and embarrassing, and — sometimes — it’s better than sex. I will never find a man that can’t make me laugh attractive. I also really hate dealing with men who crack corny jokes. I have to pretend to laugh, this encourages the man to keep trying, and it’s generally a bad time for everyone involved. Laughter may seem silly to some, but it’s a necessity for me. Life is too short and I can be far too serious — laughter reminds me to chill out.
If she want laughter make she go buy Night of a thousand laugh or AY live angry angry angry Must a man make a woman laugh b4 she finds him attractive?... Sometimes I no dey blame some guys wey dey deceive ladies..

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by Dahkogrin007(m): 1:13am On Oct 18, 2014
well d list doesn't make sense to me...my own opinion tho

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by Oyecute(m): 2:26am On Oct 18, 2014
I have heard U ..... Next topic plssssssss !!!
Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by CuteAnnabelle(f): 2:47am On Oct 18, 2014
Story book
Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by Nobody: 3:35am On Oct 18, 2014
And lastly a guy that is broke is a big turn off for all ladies hehehehehehe.
Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by reaky(m): 5:09am On Oct 18, 2014
Op is gay?
Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:13am On Oct 18, 2014
Keep the lists flying in, I hope you ladies know a man can't have it all

A guy who has about 60% of desired qualities + the fear of God is enough.

If you like wait for a 100% , you Neva ready to marry.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by hbb2: 6:57am On Oct 18, 2014
man don suffer

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 18, 2014
AJOT99:
1. Men with Ambition Imbalances:
I love a purpose-driven man. I am insanely attracted to men that work hard, have a vision and are actively trying to achieve that vision; however, if I get the sense that a man would stab me dead and step over my cold body to get to the top, I can’t take him too seriously. Men, keep that in mind when we meet at the bar and you try to impress me with stories about your cut throat attitude and your proclivity to check your Blackberry during sex. I’ll nod and smile, but you can’t be my boyfriend. Conversely, if you have no job and/or no ambition, we can’t be together. Ambition is a necessary spice of life, but it’s not the entire meal. Savor relaxation, savor balance, and savor me.

2. Men who aren’t funny:

3. The Inauthentic Nice Guy:
I love genuinely nice people: they smile, they are attentive, and they make the world a better place. That said, the inauthentic nice guy is super unattractive. His kindness is rooted in a lack of self-worth, a need to please EVERYONE at the expense of his own happiness. This man, in a relationship, is a pushover. I’m not asking to date a complete asshole, but healthy boundaries are part of being an adult. Also, a lack authenticity of any sort is unattractive for me.

4. Men who suffer from “little man syndrome”:
See, I’ve dated guys who were short. Height has never been an issue for me. I throw on heels , they come up to my neck, and we ride out. I’m actually cool with it — it makes me feel like a model. That said, I can’t deal with men who are always trying to compensate for their stature. Relax. Put your arms down. Stop talking about the time you stomped out a dude twice your height. Own your size. Own all of your flaws for that matter. Good things can come in small packages, and I’m open to accepting all packages, as long as their good enough (pun intended).

5. Men who can’t defend themselves:
I know I’m going to catch flack for this, but I don’t care. Call it carnal, call it archaic, but if a man can’t defend himself, I can’t take him seriously. After several seasons of careful reflection True Blood, I have come to terms with my werewolf alpha-driven fetishes tendencies. I don’t ever ever want to be with a man who goes around picking fights. EVER! (Seriously, we’re too old, and dudes that pick fights are extremely unattractive.) But I do need to know that you and I can go all Resident Evil together when the zombie apocalypse hits. I’m a survivor. My man must be one as well.

6. Men who only look fly with a hat (or other items of clothing) on:
Ladies, I know it’s not just me. We’ve all been deceived by a man who was gorgeous with his hat on, but looked crazy when he took it off. Just like men appreciate natural beauty, I appreciate a man who is sexy without covering half of his face. I can already hear men rallying against Spanx, wonder bras and weaves as I type this…

7. Men who don’t care about their health:
I’m not perfect: I don’t exercise as much as I’d like (I used to be a distance runner), and sometimes I fall short of my diet objectives (fried chicken is my weakness), so I’m not expecting to date a man who is the pinnacle of health, but if a man has beer for breakfast and cigarettes for lunch, there’s a strong chance I might be repulsed by him. As I get older, I’m becoming more interested in partnerships that have potential to last a lifetime. With the understanding that men die earlier than ladies anyway, need to know that my man is making some strides to go the distance.

8. Cheap Men:
Let me be clear: I understand the importance of budgeting and frugality. As a late twenty-something, I respect a long-term savings plan and the wisdom that keeps a person from balling out. That said, often cheap men aren’t just skimping on money: they are often cheap with their time, cheap with their emotions, and cheap with their level of creativity. Cheap men are often holding back all of their resources for some future plan. I’m perfectly content if our date includes a beautiful park, cheap wine, and my favorite taco truck delights; however, more often than not, cheap men don’t take the steps required to create ambiance or luxury thru experience. They think more about their money than they do about me. So, if we’re standing at the dollar pizza spot and sharing a slice and a soda, it’s not about the money at that point. It’s about how your perceived lack keeps you from seeing more interesting possibilities in life.

9. Men who smell funny.
Man-scent can be intoxicating. It can drive me to wear a t-shirt that doesn’t belong to me just to inhale and relive the memory. Basically, a good man scent turns me into a creeper. Good smells evoke good feelings, but bad smells? I can’t take men who smell funny seriously. If his breath smells like coffee and hard boiled eggs, if he doesn’t use deodorant regularly, thinks it’s appropriate to wear Axe, his jeans smell like they need to be washed, or his sweat smells like yesterday’s Happy Hour session, I really can’t deal. I have to like the way you smell. Point blank.

10. High-maintenance men
I went to an art exhibit with a date and when we got there we discovered the artist (for some unknown reason) covered the entire gallery floor with dirt. As my date and I approached the entrance he stopped short and looked at me mortified. “Oh no, let’s skip this” he said, “I can’t get my sneakers dirty.” It was a funny moment, and my date did risk mud stains for the sake of art, but the incident exposes a truth for me: I love a well-dressed man, but if vanity impedes on my desire to explore and experience new things, we just aren't compatible.

Some points are contradictory in your write up
Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 18, 2014
nice tips i knw dat if d tips r for d ladies men would like it
Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:01am On Oct 18, 2014
reaky:
Op is gay?
Are you been sarcastic ? This is a copy and paste just that op did not provide a link where he copied it
Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by rattlesnake(m): 8:10am On Oct 18, 2014
ifuckpussy:
MenBoys with small pennis
another stupit NL broke as5 tranny wannabe undecided
Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by constance500: 11:54am On Oct 18, 2014
Mtcheeeeeew, u can't have a stable relationship if u continue reading bullcraps about relationships and sexlifes here on nl,

Love her the way u like, and vice versa. All this jargon on how to please men and women is getting boring undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by Donkaz(m): 12:48pm On Oct 18, 2014
@the author of this post

You are in your "late twenty something" and you are busy writing 10 things you find unattractive in men.

By the time you will reach your late thirty something, you will have only one thing in mind: oh Lord! Let your will be done.
Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 18, 2014
CuteAnnabelle:
Story book
Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by AJOT99(m): 1:52pm On Oct 18, 2014
@ Donkaz, since this write up is not for pple like u, pls leave for dose pple that need it. Mtchew...
Re: 10 Things Women Find Unattractive About Men But Won’t Tell Them by shaggy007(m): 2:31pm On Oct 18, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Some points are contradictory in your write up

Pray tell.

Nice write up op. I just substituted "men/man" with "women/woman" and it finally made sense.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

™how To Know If A Girl Liked Your Picture™ / Her 1st Time Doing It / How Babies Will Be Born In The Year 3030.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.