Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,062 members, 7,814,652 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools (52437 Views)

Five Things About Students Who Attend Public Schools. / Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) / Privatize Public Schools And Distribute Their Shares To The Masses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by isick(m): 11:32pm On Oct 17, 2014
BetaThings:

Is this what you know or are told?i

Do these support your assertion?
Christians ruling for 13 out of 16 years of democracy
Christians spend as many hours as they like in church on Sundays and Saturdays (7th day Adventist); Muslims go to work on Fridays
CAN president going around with a retinue of well armed soldiers, policemen, and NSDC running citizens off the road (as reported by Prof Odinkalu of NHRC)
Government money used to put a National Christmas Tree
firstly, were u blind when u voted them? secondly, na story be dat, who told u not to use more than an hour or more? who told u not to go to work on sat nd sun? pls, fight for ur rite,lol. jeez, see stupid excuse! simply put, na because of u guys, he they go out with them, make u no kill am.

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by BetaThings: 11:33pm On Oct 17, 2014
emmatok:

Are you not aware the government sponsor pilgrims to Saudi with Nigerians Money.
And they sponsor Christians to Jerusalem with Nigerian taxpayer's money

It is political and wrong!
How many people benefit from that?
Hajj is not compulsory if you don't have the money or you are not healthy enough

emmatok:

If Muslims must wear hi-jab in school then every religion must wear their own outfits.
Has it occurred to you that Muslims have no issue with allowing people to practice their religion the way they are commanded provided you don't stop us eg some traditional worshipers impose curfew and that we don't like
Think about it and tell me what others want that Muslims have ever objected to?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by sheunfunmi(f): 11:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
Attending a government owned school is optional as against the Fact that most government schools were established by christian missionaries. If its a must you go on hijab, u can as well opt for a moslem school where u can wear your hijab to sleep and wake with it, by so doing, peace would rain and we can all have fresh air @least. Dont start up another disaster.

6 Likes

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by creamy1990(f): 11:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
BetaThings:

So why do we have
"So help me God" in the National Pledge?
Or is CRK not taught in public schools?

Why is it that Muslims never object to whatever Christians want while
Christians get agitated whenever Muslims want anything

Let me see how objective you are
Can we have?
Workdays as Mondays to Fridays 1st half of the year and
Sundays to Thursdays - 2nd half of the year
OR
Workdays as Mondays to Fridays odd number years
Sundays to Thursdays - even number years
is "so help me God" a crime to say or dnt u metion d word "God" if u dnt wanna say Allah. Dis is just a word of prayer

2 Likes

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by BetaThings: 11:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
isick:

firstly, were u blind when u voted them?
Do you want to have a civil discussion or exchange insults?
I don't do insults
Sorry

As regards voting Christians, our assumption is that they are Nigerians and can be voted
But your people are begining to say that they are Christians and not Nigerians

isick:
secondly, na story be dat, who told u not to use more than an hour or more? who told u not to go to work on sat nd sun? pls, fight for ur rite,lol. jeez, see stupid excuse! simply put, na because of u guys, he they go out with them, make u no kill am.
Looks like you cannot get out of your insult zone
And we would fight for our rights
Very seriously!
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by creamy1990(f): 11:40pm On Oct 17, 2014
emmatok:

Are you not aware the government sponsor pilgrims to Saudi with Nigerians Money.
If Muslims must wear hi-jab in school then every religion must wear their own outfits.
1 - 1
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by omogbolan0001(m): 11:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
pontirock:
Why Should They Be Wearing Hijab To School When It Is Not Part Of Their Uniform?
what is the essence of CRK and IRK in schools then ? And if some students have the right to expose their hair and body why won't some other stundents have the right to cover theirs ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by MrCork: 11:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
...what the heck is wrong wit u people in that Nigeria sef.....why the heck r women covering ther face lke masquerade......they neeeed to ban that s ****. This is 2015... Gademmmit

...No wonder nigera i will always be 50 years behind.....village people (no ooofense)
angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by emmatok(m): 11:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
4har5y:
& wat is d "outfit" of other religion?- educate me pls.

Can the C&S worshipers wear their white cloths to school.
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by omogbolan0001(m): 11:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
pontirock:
Why Should They Be Wearing Hijab To School When It Is Not Part Of Their Uniform?
what is the essence of CRK and IRK in schools then ? And if some students have the right to expose their hair and body why won't some other students have the right to cover theirs ?

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by rufychuks: 11:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
BetaThings:

So why do we have
"So help me God" in the National Pledge?
Or is CRK not taught in public schools?

Why is it that Muslims never object to whatever Christians want while
Christians get agitated whenever Muslims want anything

Let me see how objective you are
Can we have?
Workdays as Mondays to Fridays 1st half of the year and
Sundays to Thursdays - 2nd half of the year
OR
Workdays as Mondays to Fridays odd number years
Sundays to Thursdays - even number years
Are you suggesting that Allah isnt God?
Is IRK not taught in public schools?
Maybe they dont get agitated because what they (christians) want is reasonable and acceptable by all?
Where in the world do they change calenders after six months?

2 Likes

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by MrCork: 11:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
..and that is on of the reason why we Londoner cant come bak to settle in that place!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by BetaThings: 11:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
gratiaeo:
Is there anything useful written in the quran humans did not know before? Why do so called infidels have so much better knowledge of virtually everything except islam than all muslims do? Because islam is nothing but superstition. Muslims think that it is important to pray five times a day in the same direction and so many superstitious things that have nothing to do with rationalitly but much more with superstition and magic. A very good example are the Uigurs in Turkestan. In former times they had been buddhists and belonged to the first who used book-printing. Then they embraced islam and book-printing was forbidden like in all other Muslim countries for many centuries! Why, because it is written in the quran that god teached humans to write with a pen made of papyrus. This teaches us what we can expect if islam once rules the world.
You need to clarify
infidels are the guys the book of Corinthinans say you should not be yoked with. Right?
And the greatest superstition of all is the idea that a 3 month old basis is tainted by an original sin
Does not make sense
what did that baby do?
and did Adam not apologise?

As for praying several times a day
Christians are beginning to copy us - start the day with prayer, do fellowship during lunch break and end the day with prayer
Is it still superstition since you now do it?
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by gratiaeo(m): 11:44pm On Oct 17, 2014
Why does Islam attract the ignorant, the barbaric, the uneducated not only that, it promotes barbarism, ignorance and mis-education?

Islam brings out the worst in people, that's why.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Epathra(f): 11:45pm On Oct 17, 2014
In other news.............

I hope I don't get crucified for this.
Lemme comment now that I have the grace.

7 Likes

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by isick(m): 11:46pm On Oct 17, 2014
BetaThings:

I don't do insults
Sorry

As regards voting Christians, our assumption is that they are Nigerians and can be voted

Very seriously!
i was asking a question and pls do fight for your rights because i tink it necessary
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Alenkakent(m): 11:46pm On Oct 17, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

we are discussing d one u pple did and u ar suggesting more. What is wrong with all of u.
Ask ur ancestors... And commit suicide if ure aggreieved with musLims
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 17, 2014
pontirock:
It is part of their faith, belief and their very essence of life .... It is like going to school without your head !! ..... If a girl aint complete as Oriented that can dis-focus such girl from her study !

The Judge cited religion as not part of education but Religion is education in its own right and education involve religion thus I wonder what the essence of Religion studies in our schools if at the end of the day we won't be allowed to practice what we learned in the curriculum !!

Appeal court is the answer and this should be takened as far as Supreme Court !! .... Hijab is a model of dressing for a Muslim and this pupil/student should never be discriminated against !!

3 Likes

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by BetaThings: 11:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
isick:

firstly, were u blind when u voted them?
I don't do insults
Sorry

isick:
secondly, na story be dat, who told u not to use more than an hour or more? who told u not to go to work on sat nd sun? pls, fight for ur rite,lol. jeez, see stupid excuse! simply put, na because of u guys, he they go out with them, make u no kill am.
Very seriously!
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by BetaThings: 11:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
rufychuks:

Are you suggesting that Allah isnt God?
Is IRK not taught in public schools?
Maybe they dont get agitated because what they (christians) want is reasonable and acceptable by all?
Where in the world do they change calenders after six months?

Would you kindly read the post to which I responded?
Allah is the creator of ALL things
Muslims want to belong but somebody was suggesting that those who want religious instruction should go to private school
Muslims have no objection to teaching religion in public schools

Actually it is not everything that Christians want that is reasonable but I accept because it is their religion
I don't understand the reason why students of Babcock university cannot read on Saturdays but I accept is as their religion
What is wring with Nigeria making history
Must we be led by the nose
We need to work out arrangements that will make people happy and engender sense of belonging!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by emmatok(m): 11:49pm On Oct 17, 2014

And they sponsor Christians to Jerusalem with Nigerian taxpayer's money

It is political and wrong!
How many people benefit from that?
Hajj is not compulsory if you don't have the money or you are not healthy enough
The government should to sponsoring every pilgrimage.

Has it occurred to you that Muslims have no issue with allowing people to practice their religion the way they are commanded provided you don't stop us eg some traditional worshipers impose curfew and that we don't like
Think about it and tell me what others want that Muslims have ever objected to?

I as a christian, have issues with people(Christians of Muslim) taking their religion to schools.
Practice your religions outside school.

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 17, 2014
I just dislike seeing kids on uniform wearing hijab even in Muslim schools. they go just confine those innocent kids to such terrible heat...Mtchewwwww

wearing hijab too much sometimes causes body odour..no chance for air. no offence tho

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Alenkakent(m): 11:50pm On Oct 17, 2014
creamy1990:
1 - 1
Stewpid retard... So govt isn't sponsoring scores of people to jerusalem every year?
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by BetaThings: 11:52pm On Oct 17, 2014
emmatok:

The government should to sponsoring every pilgrimage.

I as a christian, have issues with people(Christians of Muslim) taking their religion to schools.
Practice your religions outside school.
Muslims are not talking about practising religion in schools
They are talking about wearing hijab by ladies - a dressing that is compulsory outside the home
Seriously how does this affect anyone? Nobody is imposing it on anyone

If you remove religious practice from schools, Christians will suffer more, I assure you
They will not be able to subtly preach or hand out tracts!

4 Likes

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Johnrake69: 11:52pm On Oct 17, 2014
[quote author=sulmeza post=27235057]Dis wont be seen as human ryts violatn by d so called activist... Cant beliv dis' dn by a muslim govno.....may Allah grant dos kids strength to ovacome dis[/

bro please hear yourself... Is there any correlation between the hijab a female student puts on and her academic performance? Religious fanatic!

4 Likes

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by gratiaeo(m): 11:53pm On Oct 17, 2014
BetaThings:

You need to clarify
infidels are the guys the book of Corinthinans say you should not be yoked with. Right?
And the greatest superstition of all is the idea that a 3 month old basis is tainted by an original sin
Does not make sense
what did that baby do?
and did Adam not apologise?

As for praying several times a day
Christians are beginning to copy us - start the day with prayer, do fellowship during lunch break and end the day with prayer
Is it still superstition since you now do it?
Christianity is a relationship with God based on God's own work.

Islam and Christianity are philosophically polar opposites.

Islam limits self determination by robbing an individual of personal freedom before God judging unto death those individuals who disagree with its tenets and claims. Christianity thrives when positive volition toward Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is practiced freely before God and not because of an ever present sword of retribution.

The righteousness of the Muslim is an earned badge of merit and based on human works. The merit lies in the individual. Christianity is a Grace system whereby man enjoys a relationship with God based on the efficacious work of Our Lord. The merit lies in the integrity of God. Righeousness is a gift of faith, and not an earned merit badge, imputed to the believer when positive volition is expressed toward the One and Only Son, a standing not earned or deserved but a testament to the Love of God for all men.

Islam mandates murderous action and barbaric practices against non-believers. Christians pray for the salvation of all men.

Islam practices justified hate. Christianity stand in awe at Love of God.

Islam is directed by arrogant self righteous men who ordain the sexual use of little unbelieving girls and comely women while sending the unbelieving young boys and men to slaughter. Christians abhor and reject slavery.

True for both faiths is a final reckoning before the Judgement Seat of God.
Islam is not content to allow God to judge, and instead will rape a virgin girl in hopes of making her, according to their judgement, unacceptable to God. What sort of vile insanity is this? Christians are content that God is the perfect judge where man is not.

The comparisons as opposites go on and on.

Islam and Christianity are polar opposites and one of them is a lie. They do not serve the same God. As polar opposites one is the work of satan, the other the handiwork of God.

12 Likes

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by BetaThings: 11:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
booqee:
I just dislike seeing kids on uniform wearing hijab even in Muslim schools. they go just confine those innocent kids to such terrible heat...Mtchewwwww
And you think the kids and their parents (some of whom wear hijab) can feel hunger, thirst
But cannot feel heat?

2 Likes

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by Freelancer00(m): 11:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
Jnrbayerno:
Whats the essence of the Hijab?? why r dis pple still dwelling in d past
So u like ur child exposing sensitive parts of her body at a young age?
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by pashaun(f): 11:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
What are Nigerian moslems Sunni or Shiite?
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by emmatok(m): 11:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
donroxy:
It is part of their faith, belief and their very essence of life .... It is like going to school without your head !! ..... If a girl aint complete as Oriented that can dis-focus such girl from her study !

The Judge cited religion as not part of education but Religion is education in its own right and education involve religion thus I wonder what the essence of Religion studies in our schools if at the end of the day we won't be allowed to practice what we learned in the curriculum !!

Appeal court is the answer and this should be takened as far as Supreme Court !! .... Hijab is a model of dressing for a Muslim and this pupil/student should never be discriminated against !!

What the Judge is saying is that Nigeria a secular state and that government must maintain neutrality at all times.
Those school are MIXED Religious and gender schools, and uniformity is need.

If Muslims insist on hijab, school uniform should be ban.

8 Likes

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by emmatok(m): 12:01am On Oct 18, 2014
Muslims are not talking about practising religion in schools
They are talking about wearing hijab by ladies - a dressing that is compulsory outside the home
Seriously how does this affect anyone? Nobody is imposing it on anyone
What? Hijab wearing is a religious practice.

If you remove religious practice from schools, Christians will suffer more, I assure you
They will not be able to subtly preach or hand out tracts!
Christians will not suffer .
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by destante(f): 12:02am On Oct 18, 2014
but I doubt if this puts the issue to rest sha. In fact, its jes starting. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

German University Students Turn Blue, Police Suspect Poisoning / A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) / Which Nigerian University Still Teaches This Course?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.