Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools - Education (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools (52438 Views)

Five Things About Students Who Attend Public Schools. / Public Schools Back In Those Days (Your Experiences) / Privatize Public Schools And Distribute Their Shares To The Masses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by jaydee87(m): 10:23am On Oct 22, 2014
kaposky:
I feel for those kids under 3yrs old wearing hijab in the heat of the sun. Its total slavery. What does it have to do with their school uniforms. Please ban it totally from all schools in the 36 states and set the children free from this bondage. They can wear it anywhere else and remain in it butnot in schools.
wen commenting Dont use sentiment in comments, remember we have Muslim schools and catholic sch using the hijab.... we have schools that the hijab is part of their of there uniform....

2 Likes

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by LordReed(m): 10:38am On Oct 22, 2014
donroxy:
Apology , I think they are in the US .... By the time the court declared barring Hijab illegal your atlantic hall and corona would also have to comply else they would violating the law of Nigeria ..... Let's wait and see what the Appeal would declare !!

Apology for blasting you once again ... I'm so sorry !!

Even before the ruling they were not wearing hijab because uniform enforcement is strict. Does that mean people with means to pay for private school are exempt from wearing hijab?

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by rufychuks: 12:08pm On Oct 22, 2014
jaydee87:

wen commenting Dont use sentiment in comments, remember we have Muslim schools and catholic sch using the hijab.... we have schools that the hijab is part of their of there uniform....
Please, speak for yourself. Which catholic schools wear hijab?
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by rufychuks: 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2014
donroxy:
Apology , I think they are in the US .... By the time the court declared barring Hijab illegal your atlantic hall and corona would also have to comply else they would violating the law of Nigeria ..... Let's wait and see what the Appeal would declare !!

Apology for blasting you once again ... I'm so sorry !!
My brother, if you grew up in Nigeria, you would agree that wearing of hijab to public schools has never been the norm. Saying that it has been banned is saying that it was normal and the government suddenly stopped it. I have female muslim friends and classmates who currently work in different sectors and industries amd they can wear whatever they want now, but when they were in secondary school, they never wore hijab. And it wasnt a problem. I didnt see them as different. I saw them as my friends and classmates.

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by jaydee87(m): 11:18pm On Oct 22, 2014
tokunbobo:
PLEASE I WANT US TO KNOW THAT THE WAY WE ARE GOING, NIGERIA'S UNITY AND ONENESS IS AT STAKE. WE SHOULD NOT BE BIAS AND SENTIMENTAL WHEN IT COMES TO SOME ISSUES.

I DON'T KNOW WHY SOME INDIVIDUALS/GROUPS ARE SO SELFISH. SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST TRYING TO USE RELIGION TO GRADUALLY DISINTEGRATE THIS COUNTRY.

IMAGINE WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN SOME STUDENTS START WEARING HIJAB AND SOME CELESTIAL STUDENTS START WEARING THEIR WHITE GARMENT TO SCHOOL, THIS WILL LEAD TO CHAOS AND DISUNITY. PLEASE DON'T WE SHOULD NOT ALLOW TRIBE OR RELIGION TO CAUSE CONFUSION.

SAY NO TO HIJAB IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS BECAUSE IT WILL LEAD TO UNHEALTHY RIVALRY. THEY ARE CALLED PUBLIC SCHOOLS, NOT PRIVATE OR MUSLIM SCHOOLS. THANKS
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by jaydee87(m): 10:24am On Oct 23, 2014
rufychuks:

Please, speak for yourself. Which catholic schools wear hijab?
St Theresa college wears a scarf. its an all girls catholic school...

1 Like

Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by rufychuks: 12:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
jaydee87:

St Theresa college wears a scarf. its an all girls catholic school...
I would like to know the location of this school. Anyway, you mentioned that it is a catholic girls school, so they would have to comply with whatever the school wants. Ansar-u-deen and Al-hikma schools also have hijab wearing as a uniform, so their students must wear it. Do you now see that those catholic girls should not feel cheated if they suddenly leave St. Theresa to a public school? The same thing with the girls from muslim schools.
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by oluwarantimi(f): 12:33pm On Oct 23, 2014
very simple issues that don't need debate. if you want your child to wear hijab send her to a school where it is allowed. so simple!
Re: Court Upholds Ban On Use Of Hijab In Lagos Public Schools by babaaye(m): 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2016
Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

German University Students Turn Blue, Police Suspect Poisoning / A "Certified" Teacher Was Teaching Children Nonsense (pic) / Which Nigerian University Still Teaches This Course?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.