Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 (13663 Views)

RX 300 Or Honda Pilot Or Toyota Highlander / Purchasing A New Kia Rio / Brand New Kia Cerato Vs Used Japanese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by chillex8(m): 8:26am On Oct 20, 2014
colossus2:

If it can serve you forever, the 2012 Range is less than 3years (faultless), has better features, better advantage etc

You have my response already.

Who assurance do I have that a 2012 range will be faultless

By 2019, if I get a NEW one, it will have a who lot of toys..

When it comes to cars, I love to start their life-cycle.

Affordability, is Wats makes used cars come to stay.. But you will pay the price of a NEW one in the coming years of usage via expenses and what not..

If you have driven a NEW car without looking under the hood for years, you will understand my point.
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by chillex8(m): 8:30am On Oct 20, 2014
nurey:

Ok sir let's put it this way, a brand new 2014 yaris or Honda city and a tokunbo lexus Rx 300 which should the op choose. Please don't be economical with the truth

A brand new honda city/ toyota yaris over a used lexus rx 300 , if he can afford the brand new ride.
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by nurey(m): 8:30am On Oct 20, 2014
colossus2:

If it can serve you forever, the 2012 Range is less than 3years (faultless), has better features, better advantage etc

Nope the adulterated fuel been sold in naija will ruin that range rig in less than a year you will be tendering empty palms for repair grin in 2 years time, what will be in your mind is "F**K that range it has to go today wetin happpen, won so eran mo eran ki ikan kon ikan pa" grin
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by chillex8(m): 8:40am On Oct 20, 2014
nurey:

Nope the adulterated fuel been sold in naija will ruin that range rig in less than a year you will be tendering empty palms for repair grin in 2 years time, what will be in your mind is "F**K that range it has to go today wetin happpen, won so eran mo eran ki ikan kon ikan pa" grin

Pls tell him..

Maintenance culture comes to play here.
I can't trust what ever maintenance some previous owner/s might have offered the car..

So I buy it NEW, and do it my way..

And it will serve me like forever..

We saw a thread of a 1985 G wagon, bought brand new, and returned back to the museum recently after years of service...

Fellows, there is nothing like a BRAND NEW CAR..
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by colossus2: 8:44am On Oct 20, 2014
chillex8:

You have my response already.

Who assurance do I have that a 2012 range will be faultless

By 2019, if I get a NEW one, it will have a who lot of toys..

When it comes to cars, I love to start their life-cycle.

Affordability, is Wats makes used cars come to stay.. But you will pay the price of a NEW one in the coming years of usage via expenses and what not..

If you have driven a NEW car without looking under the hood for years, you will understand my point.

Hmmm....food for thought.
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by Eyop: 8:49am On Oct 20, 2014
nurey:

Ok sir let's put it this way, a brand new 2014 yaris or Honda city and a tokunbo lexus Rx 300 which should the op choose. Please don't be economical with the truth

I will pick the 2014 Toyota Yaris or the Honda City. My selection will be based on the features both cars have.
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by chillex8(m): 8:52am On Oct 20, 2014
www.nairaland.com/1957293/which-best-mazda-tribute-ford

Let's help him decide.. Fair options.
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by 9icetoo(m): 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2014
Siena, Kias are not as bland as you put them. Every model of a car has trims. My family drive Kias. Dad drives a Cerrato (2009), mum drives a Soul (2010), sis drives a Rio (2012). All are brand new and all are the top trims in their model range. None has ever been to the mechanic for any repairs. Service is done at Kia dealerships. Tires and brake pads are changed at Kia dealerships. The Soul has done more than 36,000 kilometers and the Cerrato is close to 100,000 Km now. Every car manufacturer has issues with assembly quality or material quality once in a while. Even the mighty Toyota had to recall a lot of vehicles for issues and defects. OP, if you want peace of mind, please buy the new Kia Rio. Preferably, buy the sedan type and add a lil bit more money to get the highest trim. Your warranty will take care of almost any issue (except accidents of course) that you might encounter in the car. The three in my family have had no issues so far and are still going strong. Our former mechanics have long lost our numbers because they have been rendered redundant by the kias. So for peace of mind, please get the Kia. That lexus is already 11 years old and some components will start to fail sooner than later and they will be really expensive to replace.

2 Likes

Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by slydog(m): 8:43pm On Oct 20, 2014
Thanks all for your comments, suggestions and advice.
A colleague in my office that uses Camry pencil eye, called today seeking advice from me as a crdt officer, he was thinking of picking up a cerato. And I asked, as a big Tyne traveller that's travels Friday after work and resumes from uyo every Monday morning, flogging his pencil Camry, " will you be able to flog your cerato like that"? Your guess is as good as mine. A machine is a machine, irrespective of the year. Interior wise, I' ll take a factory leather car Lexus than a fabric Rio. Today I was carefully looking at the roads in PH, and I can tell you, despite all the comments on old cars or Lexus problems, I still found more Lexus 300 on the road than Rio.
My frnd in cotonu gave pics of RX 300, going for N1.4m, looks clean, i' ll take chance with it by DEC/Jan.
Thanks brothers, you were all awesome!
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by DECOtech(m): 9:25pm On Oct 20, 2014
Kia Rio?

The glorified 4wheeled barrow?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by Ikenna351(m): 10:05pm On Oct 20, 2014
slydog:
A colleague in my office that uses Camry pencil eye, called today seeking advice from me as a crdt officer, he was thinking of picking up a cerato. And I asked, as a big Tyne traveller that's travels Friday after work and resumes from uyo every Monday morning, flogging his pencil Camry, " will you be able to flog your cerato like that"? Your guess is as good as mine. A machine is a machine, irrespective of the year. Interior wise, I' ll take a factory leather car Lexus than a fabric Rio. Today I was carefully looking at the roads in PH, and I can tell you, despite all the comments on old cars or Lexus problems, I still found more Lexus 300 on the road than Rio.
My frnd in cotonu gave pics of RX 300, going for N1.4m, looks clean, i' ll take chance with it by DEC/Jan.

If Camry Pencil light is a machine to you, then you really don't know car key from steering wheel. Please don't take offence. I am just making it obvious to you that you really need a lot to catch up with it, if you wish to.

You have proven what I said in my earlier post.

Ikenna
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by Eyop: 10:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
slydog:
My brother,you call Toyota Camry pencil light(1997 to 1999 model) machine? Or you meant mechanical machine? If you see or drive the real machine,what will you call that? Hmmmm....
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by slydog(m): 10:58pm On Oct 20, 2014
Seems you guys didn't understand the statement. After my comment on the pencil car, a new sentence began. By machine, I mean these Japanese cars are built to last, till their zero scrap value unlike their Korean counterpart. Hope y'all get the gist now. Not to worry, I've settle for 03 RX 300.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by Ikenna351(m): 6:45am On Oct 21, 2014
slydog:
Seems you guys didn't understand the statement. After my comment on the pencil car, a new sentence began. By machine, I mean these Japanese cars are built to last, till their zero scrap value unlike their Korean counterpart. Hope y'all get the gist now. Not to worry, I've settle for 03 RX 300.

I got you clearly earlier. That is, you all along took Japanese cars as machines, much better built or better quality than Korean cars. Yet, you started a thread to have people decide for you, when you already knew the one you would always prefer. So, its the whole psychology that wasn't clear to me.

Next time, I would suggest you research on what you want silently. Ask for clarifications in some areas, if need be. If your findings is ok for you, then go for it. If you don't like your findings, find another one and research on until you get your heart desires. Don't ask people to make up your mind for you. You will always get yourself confused. Because my taste and reasons for that may not suit you. Good morning.

Ikenna.
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by 4oyrsExperience(m): 8:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
Trust me; Ur family ruined nigeria's economy with abacha! Even dangote family seF neva use dis amnt of expensive rides

chillex8:

I didn't bother to read your epistle..

I am only replying cos you quoted my post..

NEW over USED/tokunbo any day any time..

I am guaranteed of a problem-fee ride for the next 4 years....

In my family,

Honda 1997, bought brand new (now 330,000miles)- still kicking till date, factory engine.. TrAnsmission is bad now.. But can still be driven

Honda accord 2007 bought brand new (now 113,000 Km) - still kicking till date. (bonet has been opened twice in seven years of ownership).

Honda pilot 2012 bought brand new- (now 4,000 miles) bonnet hasn't been opened since it left honda place..

Toyota prado 2014 bought brand new (now 700miles) - AM certain for the next 10 years, there will be no single mechanical/electrical repairs...

Honda odyssey 2001 bought toks 199,000 miles - under 4 months, engine and transmission was changed. So many other components were changed

Honda accord 1996 American spec bought toks- after 1 year, engine was replaced. Followed by numerous mechanical issues...

Peugoet 505 1989 bought brand new- was sold in 2004 with the factory engine inside...

Mercedes 200 1987 bought brand new, served for years before it was involved in an accident and condemned..

Mercedes 230 vboot padded bought toks in 1998.. Used to travel to the east from lagos. After two years, carburetor started giving issues.. Now condemned..

The kia rio in question has all the basic facilities required in a vehicle.. And it goes for almost the same price as a used rx330..

I will go for the kia rio any day, so long it is NEW...

My humble opinion..
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by safo99(m): 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2015
All this arguments will not help the op make a decision... Now op let me ask dis question ... An iphone 5 and the latest tecno phantom.. Which one wud u choose?
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by smellingmenses: 7:33am On Feb 12, 2018
how is your rx300
slydog:
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by slydog(m): 8:15am On Feb 12, 2018
smellingmenses:
how is your rx300

Going strong bro, with no regrets at all
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by afoife: 9:32am On Feb 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Most likely using 20W50 oils + STOP oil treatment grin

My oga Gazzuzz a novice here. Please what is the implications of combining these two. Please enlighten me
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by nams77: 12:56pm On Feb 12, 2018
Stumbled on this thread and was highly bemused. My pastor has driven his Hyundai accent 2010 model for 5 years now and has done nothing but change plugs. The said car is his official ride from his company and is always on the road to pH and other far locations.
Years back, I use to think Kia were bad. The company I worked for then had fleets of them and there was always one complain or the other from the drivers. Cars were always in the garage, but in hindsight, now I know it was just poor maintenance culture from the drivers and a malicious intent of milking the organization dry with spurious claims of breakdowns
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by slydog(m): 1:02pm On Feb 12, 2018
nams77:
Stumbled on this thread and was highly bemused. My pastor has driven his Hyundai accent 2010 model for 5 years now and has done nothing but change plugs. The said car is his official ride from his company and is always on the road to pH and other far locations.
Years back, I use to think Kia were bad. The company I worked for then had fleets of them and there was always one complain or the other from the drivers. Cars were always in the garage, but in hindsight, now I know it was just poor maintenance culture from the drivers and a malicious intent of milking the organization dry with spurious claims of breakdowns

Nothing beats maintenance on a strong car, since I got my RX, there HV never been a time it failed me, I do change fluids like engine oil every four months, I've never bought anything in the engine beyond break pads
Re: Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 by montero4(m): 6:45am On Feb 15, 2018
03 Rx300 all the way. I bought one 3 month ago after I used my Camry for about 5yrs. I have got no regrets........... I can't trust Kia, unless it's a gift.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Surprising Things Made By Famous Car Companies From All Over The World / Coscharis Motors, BMW Announce 5-Year Complimentary Service In Nigeria / Shipping A Car To Nigeria - What Every Buyer Should Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.