Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,232 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. (3223 Views)

Signs That Show A Girl Is Secretly In Love With You / 7 Top Qualities Of A Big Girl / 7 TOP Qualities Of A BIG Boy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 18, 2014
Contrary to what you might think, most guys aren't looking for a supermodel. They're just looking for their perfect match: a woman who's down-to-earth, sweet and sensitive to his needs.
Here are ten attractive traits that every man keeps in mind when deciding if the woman (i.e. you) sitting across the dinner table from him at that first dateis girlfriend material.
1. Confidence
Take it from the guys, nothing is sexier than a woman who's comfortable in her own skin. If you're guilty of meekly asking lines like: "Does this skirt make my thighs look fat?" …stop asking. If you're constantly needing his reassurance that you're beautiful, he may start asking questions himself.
2. Intelligence
Acting like a bimbo loses its novelty to men after high school. What men want in a girlfriend is a woman who can stand as his equal. So be the smart, savvy woman you are! To him, it's a total turn-on.
3. Unmaterialistic
Yes, he wants to be your knight in shining armor. And yes, he wants to treat you like the princess you are … but that doesn't give you license to act like one. Allow him the luxury of treating you with romantic dinners and surprise baubles without having to demand them of him. He'll be relieved that he doesn't have to try so hard and surprisingly, this will inspire him to rise to the occasion when he doesn't have to dedicate his whole paycheck to lavish tokens of his love for you.
4. Spontaneity
One of the first things to go in a relationship is the spontaneity. You get stuck in your Friday night dinner dates and you lose that spark you had when you first started datingeach other. Don't lose it! Men love a woman who can do things spur-of-the-moment.
5. Laid-Back
What's one of the best things you can do for your relationship with him? Relax. Just relax. When you come home from a long, hard day at work and see those dishes piling up in the sink, we know you have the urge to lash out at him. Instead, try to let it go for the night. No man likes a nag and every man likes a woman who can let her hair down and doesn't sweat the small stuff. We're not saying to just kick back and bro out with him, but a relationship is solid when you're able to relax with each other.
6. Playfulness
Guys like a girl who laugh at their jokes, but isn't mindless and isn't always serious about everything. Just as we mentioned that men like a woman who can forgo nagging him about the dishes, they like a woman who can joke about the dishes too. Biting remarks and snappy comebacks are just the witty repartee to keep the spark between you in your relationship. And hey, isn't laughter the best aphrodisiac?
7. Sensuality
We've already mentioned before that it's not all about your looks (albeit, that's a good motivator for some men) — it's more about an air of sexiness and confidence that will draw his eyes to you when you enter the room. Embrace your femininity. Ditch the sweatpants for date night and take the extra ten minutes to pull the LBD from the back of your closet. You shouldn't feel pressured to strut around the bedroom in lingerie and high heels like a Victoria's Secret angel every night, but you should feel comfortable in your own sexuality…and expressing that sensually to your man.
8. Honesty
If he can't trust you — how can he ever see you as his girlfriend … and eventual spouse? Keep things open and honest in your relationship. A little white lie over flirty texts with an old guy friend from college can spiral out of control very quickly into a full-blown fight … and breakup.
9. Independence
Dating a driven, passionate woman? So hot. Babysitting a stage five clinger? Not so much. No man wants a girlfriend they have to reassuringly text, call or visit every five minutes. Give him his poker night with the boys. Let him go golfing on a weekend. Learn to give your guy his space — or he may break up with you to get it.
10. Supportive
As clichéd as it is, some men want to be caretakers … but even the strongest of men want a soft place to fall. He wants to know that you'll support him and stand by him in his life choices, whether it's changing careers or moving to a new city. Show your support in small gestures with a quick "I love you" text when he heads off for his morning commute and listen to him after a hard day's work. Be supportive — but not suffocating. The last thing you want is to remind him too much of his mother.
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by iceberylin(m): 9:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
What i look for in a Lady is definitely different from what the guy below wants so your list can never be correct tongue grin
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by yelonelo(f): 9:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
Well are u sure that's all?
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by freezyprinzy(m): 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2014
don't completly concur wid ur 1st point
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by lokito: 9:07pm On Oct 18, 2014
In the history of hissing, I just made the loudest hiss....mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew

Threads on Romance Section just dey make me hungry *yawns*

1 Like

Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 18, 2014
Ermmm. Op, so if i wan attract boyfriend(no be husband o) na all these things abi na quality i go get. Oooookkkkkaaaaaaayyyyy, ayamcoming
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by firstolalekan(m): 9:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
iceberylin:
List for the Gods grin

Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 18, 2014
yelonelo:
Well are u sure that's all?
Maybe not,but this is why u see a Lady of 28yrs still not married.And telling u i'm "single".
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
missberrypop5:
Ermmm. Op, so if i wan attract boyfriend(no be husband o) na all these things abi na quality i go get. Oooookkkkkaaaaaaayyyyy, ayamcoming
Come back quickly oo
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
lokito:
In the history of hissing, I just made the loudest hiss....mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew

Threads on Romance Section just dey make me hungry *yawns*
Sorry u hear
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by Tymax(m): 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2014
Well at least this one is just 10. All diz lists dey tire person.

1 Like

Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by holatin(m): 9:32pm On Oct 18, 2014
Later
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by suregurl(f): 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2014
I know before now.
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 18, 2014
suregurl:
I know before now.
Glad u know But its a question of "do u posses dem?"
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 18, 2014
Tymax:
Well at least this one is just 10. All diz lists dey tire person.
holatin(m):
later
see them
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by holatin(m): 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
starlingleanets:
see them
see who ?
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 18, 2014
Chai!see hw d list long¤are we suppose to recreate ourselves ni??¤u did make some sense tho,its funny hw love breaks all d rules.
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 18, 2014
If its meant to be,it wl be....

1 Like

Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2014
if itz meant to be,it wl be
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 18, 2014
holatin:

see who ?
Booking space
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
mizzkeji44:
If its meant to be,it wl be....
No sucess without taking chances
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
Annypie:
Chai!see hw d list long¤are we suppose to recreate ourselves ni??¤u did make some sense tho,its funny hw love breaks all d rules.
Dear,trust me thats in those days but now Guys dey shine eyes,Love no dey blind guys again oo na guys dey blind love.
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 18, 2014
[quote
author=starlingleanets post=27260042] Dear,trust me thats in those days
but now Guys dey shine eyes,Love no dey blind guys again oo na guys dey
blind love.[/quote]lool..dah one no be love again na...true love is still blind jare*yelzz,so my novels taught me!speaking of reality,is more of loving wt d brains abi,and let ur heart observe
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by urcutecrush(f): 12:00am On Oct 19, 2014
Am seriously fed up of 20 this....20 that.the best thing u can be for urself and anyone around u is being yourself,no pretense,no faking.

1 Like

Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by major466(m): 12:41am On Oct 19, 2014
... And Cooks well.
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by Kunleskey(m): 7:32am On Oct 19, 2014
It's ok....abi wetin u fink..+my point..but i will give u later after service.
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 19, 2014
Annypie:
lool..dah one no be love again na...true love is still blind jare*yelzz,so my novels taught me!speaking of reality,is more of loving wt d brains abi,and let ur heart observe
Novels is imagine d unimaginable
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by coolzeal(m): 9:32am On Oct 19, 2014
I abide by my own principles, rules and standard when selecting a partner. When I found someone that will understand me better, trust me I know.
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by holatin(m): 9:34am On Oct 19, 2014
starlingleanets:
Booking space
y should i book space when its not on front page
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 19, 2014
holatin:

y should i book space when its not on front page
It will soon
Re: 10 Top Qualities A Guy Is Secretly Looking For In A Lady. by holatin(m): 10:13am On Oct 19, 2014
starlingleanets:
It will soon
ow sure are you ?

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It That Some Ladies Running 35 Are Not Yet Married? / The Learning curve! / Why Are Cute Guys Settling For Ugly/average Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.