Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria (85718 Views)

Re: US Company Mocking Nigeria With Ebola T-shirt: The Company (zazzle) Responds / Seatbelt T-Shirt Designed To Fool Police & Road Safety Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
Aida13:

What a rubbish comment. So if someone wanted to design a T-shirt propagating r@pe and child molestation/paedophilia, you will support it? Don't blind yourself by all that American 'free speech' rubbish. There is acceptable and unacceptable behavior especially from those who claim to know better than everyone else (ie Americans).

You are an utter and complete idíot. I pity the walls of your head, for the deafening echos they must constantly suffer.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
barcanista:
Most times I begin to wonder if we have Foreign Minister and Ambassadors in Nigeria. Our diplomats seem to be clueless about their role.
when a man is not called to serve naturally he will be blinded and confused by events and people around him......Typical Nigerian leaders
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Isk(f): 3:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
I don't think this company should be taken seriously. It is obvious that the company is run by only ignoramuses and silly people. Well, ebola is out of Nigeria and in your neighbourhood byotches. Let's see how you like it.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by msmon(m): 3:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
If this is true, it's really embarrassing and a serious bash on Nigeria.

Chikena!
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by TRUEcitizen(m): 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
bunmioguns:
Make dem bash us wella, who dey battle with the virus self, no be dem

Mtcheeeew

U r like the kind of mother that doesn't ask what d child did as he cries home... U just jump out and start fightin... It disgust me how some of u people reason O...
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Aida13: 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
MissMeiya:

You are an utter and complete idíot. I pity the walls of your head, for the deafening echos they must constantly suffer.

Clap for yourself, brainiac. But as far as intellect goes, you're still living in the stone age. Don't promote rubbish and expect to be applauded. So what if Zazzle lets people design t-shirts? You didn't have to sound like it was OK what the person wrote, as if you support it. You're just an empty barrel that makes the most noise, goat head grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by ochardbaby(m): 3:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
[quote author=Idrismusty97 post=27265939]So? undecided If e pain u too much make your own T-shirt and mock them back. That is a private company and they didn't do anything wrong according to their law. You can't sue them. Just watch like television or mock them back! Besides that is done by an individual not the entire company itself. You can write whatever you want in a T-shirt and they will design it and send it to you. Go to www.Zazzle.com

Whats the next step? Lots of designers in 9ja,lets design i went to Texas and all i got is A Starbuck coffee and Ebola!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
Aida13:

Clap for yourself, brainiac. But as far as intellect goes, you're still living in the stone age. Don't promote rubbish and expect to be applauded. So what if Zazzle lets people design t-shirts? You didn't have to sound like it was OK what the person wrote, as if you support it. You're just an empty barrel that makes the most noise, goat head grin grin

Congratulations on rereading and realizing the magnitude of your stúpidity.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by namuguibe(m): 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
MissMeiya:

Guess what, millions of t-shirts are made every day. There's no screening process.
Americans are technology geniuses and so I am surprised zazzle does not even have an automated screening process. Though whether this tee is really that insulting or just offensive humour is debatable.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
Datz deir biz... God bless naija
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Aida13: 3:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
MissMeiya:

Congratulations on rereading and realizing the magnitude of your stúpidity.

I didn't need to re-read jack. Your brain is maggot-infested if you think you can make a comment and others can't take offence to it. You think you're smart; I bet I have more sense in my pinky toenail than you have in your entire family's gene pool.

Dumb goat.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by bunmioguns(m): 3:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
TRUEcitizen:

U r like the kind of mother that doesn't ask what d child did as he cries home... U just jump out and start fightin... It disgust me how some of u people reason O...

What did I do, saw the T shirt. With the inscription mocking my Country and I should not respond

Beside , am entitled to my opinion you know that

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
namuguibe:
Americans are technology geniuses and so I am surprised zazzle does not even have an automated screening process. Though whether this tee is really that insulting or just offensive humour is debatable.

As far as I'm concerned, it's just another Internet comment. I couldn't care less. The thing that pisses me off is when Nigerian blogs spread the dumbest stories without doing a simple Google search, and make Nigerians as a whole look ignorant.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by FLAWLES(f): 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
*YAWNs* 4vk dEM/damm
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
That's why I like Nigeria's foreign Policy of NON ALIGNMENT.
We fit strike anytime anyday, had it been we be super power nah, na to threaten dem small. Even @ that, where r our witches and wizard? Where our juju @ ? USA wan cross boundary oo

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by chidooh1: 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2014
We don't care whatever US say about Nigeria, my happiness is that Ebola finally found its way there, are they not the one that sent delegates to come and learn hw to fight ebola from Nigeria. (I♥U naija)

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by sukkot: 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
TRUEcitizen:

nigga whats your point ?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by namuguibe(m): 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
MissMeiya:

As far as I'm concerned, it's just another Internet comment. I couldn't care less. The thing that pisses me off is when Nigerian blogs spread the dumbest stories without doing a simple Google search, and make Nigerians as a whole look ignorant.
Well we Africans do a lot of things that makes us look very ignorant. To be fair the Americans have their own fair share of ultra-ignoramuses ... for example having a monolithic view of Africa and in fact considering the continent as a mono-ethnic, mono-cultural nation.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by mikron(m): 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
silence the best answer to fools. just ignore any ebola remarks directed at Naija
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by penny01502: 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
TribalEAST:
it's official, nigeria commands no respect under GEJ
its very obvious if Buhari the presidential dreamer step into presidency come 2015 it gonna be worst than this
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
namuguibe:

Well we Africans do a lot of things that makes us look very ignorant. To be fair the Americans have their own fair share of ultra-ignoramuses ... for example having a monolithic view of Africa and in fact considering the continent as a mono ethnic, mono cultural nation.

Like I said, my beef is with the OP, the blogger, and the mod (probably the same person). Can we encourage and promote the excellent Nigerian bloggers who make us proud, and shame the ones who write anything that comes to their heads?
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by bunmioguns(m): 3:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
sukkot:
nigga whats your point ?

Abeg help me ask am o, I tire for the guy
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by namuguibe(m): 3:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
MissMeiya:

Like I said, my beef is with the OP, the blogger, and the mod (probably the same person). Can we encourage and promote the excellent Nigerian bloggers who make us proud, and shame the ones who write anything that comes to their heads?
Fair point, we need more intelligent material on FP, unfortunately trash sells, brings more traffic, and pays the website owner's bills .... sigh.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by kudiice(m): 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
The company that made the design is so full of shiit as well as psychologically sick it's name implies(mentalpoo). I hope the CEO gets the ebola virus as a souvenir for his company's stupidity.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Mrval20(m): 3:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
Smh at people who think this is also GEJ's fault.
For those of you crying of being hated and all that, does the U.S put food on your table? Move on with your lives biko.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by ceejay80s(m): 3:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
America will bríng d virus back 2 naija
i dnt

trust dem
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
They wanna get attention and recognition and...they got it. Everything "Nigerian" sales.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 19, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 19, 2014

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by bigfrancis21: 3:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
It's all business strategy to make money out of the current Ebola hype aerating the entire atmosphere.

The truth is no other African country rings so much bell in the ears of Americans than 'Nigeria'. Nigeria is so popular in the US. Americans don't tend to know much about Africa but almost everyone has heard of 'Nigeria' before. 9 out of every 10 Americans have heard about Nigeria before(even if they don't know where it is located in the world) or 6 out of 10 have met a Nigerian in their life before. Despite the fact that they know that Nigeria's Ebola free and Liberia and Guinea are Ebola-laden, using 'Nigeria' makes more sense in the business sense as Americans are already familiar with the country name than using Liberia or Guinea which most Americans barely know about. The shirt was supposed to be humorous. If Liberia or Guinea had been used, American customers wouldn't get the humour in the joke and would first wonder what 'Liberia' was or 'where is that' and the humour intended by the company wouldn't be gotten by many who don't know that Liberia is a country that exists in Africa. If not for the fact that a Liberian man brought Ebola to US, many Americans would never have known that there exists a country named 'Liberia'. Still on still, now that they've now known, the country name still doesn't ring as much bell as 'Nigeria' does in America. The shirt makers are only taking advantage of the popularity of Nigeria in the US media to make sales out of the Ebola hype.

I'm not supporting the company's marketing strategy. In fact I felt offended when I stumbled across the topic. However, coming from a business background I'm only trying to analyze their business strategy behind the Ebola shirt they made.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Mayor88(m): 3:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
iterator25:
its official, the world hates nigeria
d ain't happy cos we defeated ebola. E concern dem o
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by ghettodreamz(m): 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
If a white man could form racism and discriminate against the Black Americans and other ethnicities in the US, I could care less about their opinions and whatever they say or do to look down on us. The fact remains, Nigeria is the Giant of Africa, and we are gradually on our way to breaking through as one of the world best and developed nation.

All we need to achieve that greater height is good government, good governance and the fate of the Nigeria of tomorrow, lies on the shoulder of each and every one of us. So, it BEGINS WITH YOU!

Yes, YOU!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2014 - Photos / Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? / Kenya Lady Called Ugly Bleaches Her Skin To Look Beautiful (Before & After Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.