Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria - Fashion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria (85715 Views)

Re: US Company Mocking Nigeria With Ebola T-shirt: The Company (zazzle) Responds / Seatbelt T-Shirt Designed To Fool Police & Road Safety Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
Titiluvly:
A company in the US has described the current Ebola outbreak as a
‘hip new craze’ and has designed a souvenir T-Shirt which mocks
Nigeria

Ebola is ravaging across West Africa leaving destruction and death in
its wake but one American company thinks the disease is a ‘hip new
craze’ and has decided to profit from it by selling a “Nigerian Ebola
souvenir tee.”

The offending T-Shirt carries an inscription that reads:
"I went to Nigeria, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt and Ebola."

It was designed By MentalPoo of Salem, New Hampshire and is being
sold by Zazzle Apparel for $25.95(N4289.53).

The product description reads:
“Hop on the hip new Ebola craze! Tell everyone you're a world class
traveler AND probably have a deadly communicable disease with this
Nigerian souvenir tee!”

The disease, which has infected 2 Americans, killed 9 people in
Nigeria before it was contained and the country is set to be declared
officially Ebola-free on Monday, October 20 » .

Liberia , Guinea and Sierra Leone are still battling to end the scourge
which has claimed almost 4500 lives

http://pulse.ng/gist/heartless-us-company-makes-ebola-t-shirt-mocking-nigeria-id3207115.html?utm_campaign=heartless-us-company-makes-ebola-t-shirt-mocking-nigeria&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

You can also make a T shirt saying
"Ebola is back to sender, USA deal with it"
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
ITS probably a mistake...most of those Oyinbos don't even know where Nigeria is, and unfortunately Nigeria rhymes with LIBERIA. Any ignorant oyinbo can mistake that. I suggest time to change name to a name that will not be confused with ebola laden Liberia...I suggest we change the country's nomenclature...aka...name to: NAIJAFLEXIN or NIGEFLEXIN...The former will be the official nickname

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by greenmouse(m): 7:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
We are one of the top most creative web design companies in Nigeria. Our client base cuts across all sectors of the economy and we have served small, medium and big brands in Nigeria since our inception. We believe in delivering projects within timeline and at top most web 3.0 standard and w3c code validation principles. -

Our sample jobs:

http://iamfreespirited.com/
http://studioxtra.greenmousetech.com/
http://www.breezenergy.net/
http://claribelfashion.com/
http://www.yesresource.com/
http://vgcclub.com/
http://costecconsultants.com/
http://www.trimoss.com/
http://examsmaterials.com.ng/
http://www.ascoht.edu.ng/
http://ashonng.org/
http://www.drcoptions.com/

GREENMOUSE TECHNOLOGIES
Email: clientsupport@greenmousetech.com; info@greenmousetech.com
Mobile: +234-8177235762, +234-8063786241,

We are currently the best Web designers in Lagos,Nigeria, ask Google
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by HARDDON: 8:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
CityNG:

You do know that that are many of us Nigerians living in the US, so basically you are accusing us (fellow Nigerians) of breathing in ebola polluted air.

And if that is true do you know that both United and Delta airlines have two full plane loads of people coming non stop from the USA to Lagos daily?

Nigeria is wiser for it now....any1 from d US or any other ... is triple screened b4 entry.

Btw , u left d essence of the thread n ofcos my post to trade non essentials just like d guy that printed those tshts
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Okute4ike(m): 8:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
U no get head aboki, u wan advertise da mumu company were insult nigeria? Beta use ur head oooo
Idrismusty97:
So? undecided If e pain u too much make your own T-shirt and mock them back. That is a private company and they didn't do anything wrong according to their law. You can't sue them. Just watch like television or mock them back! Besides that is done by an individual not the entire company itself. You can write whatever you want in a T-shirt and they will design it and send it to you. Go to www.Zazzle.com for more info.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by vislabraye(m): 8:21pm On Oct 19, 2014
lilprinze:
They are bunch of useless fools instead of them to send some of their medical teams to Nigeria to come and learn how to control the Ebola virus they are busy customizing stupid T-shirt that wont help them control Ebola.
Thank God Nigeria is now free from the Ebola virus.

They are really funny and ignorant. Liberia is the country worst affected by Ebola but they don't say anyhing about it.

What we can do is to retaliate.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
HARDDON:

Nigeria is wiser for it now....any1 from d US or any other ... is triple screened b4 entry.

Btw , u left d essence of the thread n ofcos my post to trade non essentials just like d guy that printed those tshts

Nope the essence of the thread is there just as in your response. That you fail to see it or unwilling to see it is not my concern.

Ordinary Paracethamol or Phensic will lower your body temperature so your triple screen is hilarious grin

But seriously Man, try to compose your response in English next time.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by HARDDON: 8:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
CityNG:

Nope the essence of the thread is there just as in your response. That you fail to see it or unwilling to see it is not my concern.

Ordinary Paracethamol or Phensic will lower your body temperature so your triple screen is hilarious grin

But seriously Man, try to compose your response in English next time.

undecided undecided
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by IceMan85(m): 8:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
Idiots.... They just want their company to be known.
Stupid company trying to sell their name with some people misfortune.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
mancheeutd:

u might be right indeed its the color for agberos, touts, noise makers, and destiny killers
Red is home of champions... matured disciplined calm and intelligent united rule
ahhahahahahaha....dont know'bout u,but tis' da perfect description of that janjaweied party n that tout,tribaleast.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by samuelfemo(m): 9:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
Kylekent59:
U just wana cause conflict between nigeria and usa with this ur useless trend.. If u dnt ave a good news berra keep off. 2day is sunday ooo
guy u name comedian ooo
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by iffedayur(m): 9:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
The company that produced that is a stupid one. All I know os that no one transferred ebola from Nigeria to other nation, and american government is using Nigeria's own method in check mating the out spread of the disease in their land.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by nd07(m): 9:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
[quote author=TribalEAST post=27265961]it's official, nigeria commands no respect under GEJ.

Which government has announced ds country in dignity like ds government. pls desist from sentiment
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by 9JAgosurvive: 9:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
[b][size=20pt]Please there's been two hundred and six comments on this topic so far and over forty thousand views already,unfortunately Zazzle Apparel can not see NL -

So here's a better idea why not register your displeasure about this completely insensitive, wicked and outright foolishness by an American designer and company where they can see it and read it - I just did, and I wished them that - "for anyone who designed, sell and would buy this Tshirts and all the others ones on their website with Ebola written on it, may they find what they are looking for in multiple folds if they don't stop this foolishness".

GO to https://www.facebook.com/zazzle just imagine what forty or even a hundred thousand comments on their page can do ?

Let these guys know - they cant mock Nigeria or West Africans -even with Ebola, its a sad situation in those countries, yet we know this too will pass, it has already passed over Nigeria and by Gods grace and human efforts - the other countries in west africa still experiencing the virus, even including America will come out of it.
[/size][/b]

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by geniusbami(m): 11:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
TribalEAST:
it's official, Nigeria commands no respect under GEJ

Very succinct.

valmunich:
We are all used to it. They should come up with something new undecided

I beg to differ. Since OBJ, we started to recover everything from self respect to patronising our own, settling our external debts to shoring up our external reserves, institutionalising the fight against corruption to stepping up the fight against illicit, fake, substandard and adulterated drugs.

Which of these have not been reversed by a government that tries to justifies corruption by saying it's not the same as stealing? Prof. Dora Akunyili, of blessed memory, couldn't bear the unprecedented speed at which Nigeria was falling into an abyss and she came up with the idea of Rebranding project.

The problem as TribalEAST puts it that we command no respect under this Govt, we've lost more than we thought we had under GEJ.

It's election time again; should we indeed 'beg him to continue?' Food for thought for Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by HolyHolla(m): 11:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
CityNG:

Poster this your picture ehn, where can son of man get a clear one grin

You can e-mail me.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by scribe2000(m): 12:24am On Oct 20, 2014
Thanks for providing that link. There will protest posts on their FB Walls soon. Very dumb company, I dare say...

9JAgosurvive:
[b][size=20pt]Please there's been two hundred and six comments on this topic so far and over forty thousand views already,unfortunately Zazzle Apparel can not see NL -

So here's a better idea why not register your displeasure about this completely insensitive, wicked and outright foolishness by an American designer and company where they can see it and read it - I just did, and I wished them that - "for anyone who designed, sell and would buy this Tshirts and all the others ones on their website with Ebola written on it, may they find what they are looking for in multiple folds if they don't stop this foolishness".

GO to https://www.facebook.com/zazzle just imagine what forty or even a hundred thousand comments on their page can do ?

Let these guys know - they cant mock Nigeria or West Africans -even with Ebola, its a sad situation in those countries, yet we know this too will pass, it has already passed over Nigeria and by Gods grace and human efforts - the other countries in west africa still experiencing the virus, even including America will come out of it.
[/size][/b]

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by gbodimowo(m): 12:39am On Oct 20, 2014
TribalEAST:
it's official, nigeria commands no respect under GEJ

Correctly stated
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 1:01am On Oct 20, 2014
jenoncam:
embarassed undecided
thats bleeped up
again ashamed to be half american
If you really are you need to get out of there and move to Liberia, contract Ebola Virus Disease and die within the next four weeks. Nobody gives a f**k about you!That is it!
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by obaayo2: 1:33am On Oct 20, 2014
sekzy99:
nah... Not joining the navy
why,any problem?
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 2:54am On Oct 20, 2014
it is liberia they should be mocking and not nigeria....
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by ican2020: 3:09am On Oct 20, 2014
TribalEAST:

Is that your dad's picture?
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by lastpage: 3:26am On Oct 20, 2014
Idrismusty97:
So? undecided If e pain u too much make your own T-shirt and mock them back. That is a private company and they didn't do anything wrong according to their law. You can't sue them. Just watch like television or mock them back! Besides that is done by an individual not the entire company itself. You can write whatever you want in a T-shirt and they will design it and send it to you. Go to www.Zazzle.com for more info.

With people like you, "they" dont need Ebola to mock Nigeria.... they should just use "ACUTE LOW LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE'!

Otherwise, how does someone like you on Mother-Earth, claim that because "it is a private company", it cant be sued?
Did you go to school at all?

Have you not heard of anyone being sued because of comments/statements that bother on INCITEMENT TO HATRED?
That T-Shirt inscription was not just designed to ridicule a single person, it mention the word "NIGERIA"... and that is a whole nation!
It portrayed a whole nation, albeit FALSELY since Nigeria has not recorded any known case of Ebola in over 7weeks (while the incubation period of Ebola is just 3Weeks!), as a place where travellers get infected with Ebola!

what is this open display of ignorance?

Everything about that T-Shirt's message reeks of stigmatism and you clueless dolt is saying they cannot be sued, blah-blah-blah!
I wont even attempt to educate you further or argue with you because l am sure if one argues with a fool, they will bring you down to their level and then "beat you up with experience"!

My advice to you is to ask them to write "[b]I AM AN ISIS TERRORIST, COME AND GET ME" on a T-Short for you to wear!
then you will know that Freedom has its own limit[/b]. wink undecided undecided

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 3:44am On Oct 20, 2014
Some of you people, including the OP, does not understand how capitalist western economies work. This T-shirt was made by a private company because he/she thinks it would sell....... It's wrong and stupid/uninformed (i.e it was likely made by someone who has little to no knowledge of the world) but still..... anybody can write anything on a t-shirt and sell it.

You can also make yours and write:

"I went to TEXAS in the USA and all i got was this silly T-shirt/This ghetto Face Cap and EBOLA" ..... no one will start crying foul over that.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Nobody: 3:51am On Oct 20, 2014
all4naija:
If you really are you need to get out of there and move to Liberia, contract Ebola Virus Disease and die within the next four weeks. Nobody gives a f**k about you!That is it!
now im hurt cry lmao
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by lastpage: 4:09am On Oct 20, 2014
geniusbami:

Very succinct.

I beg to differ. Since OBJ, we started to recover everything from self respect to patronising our own, settling our external debts to shoring up our external reserves, institutionalising the fight against corruption to stepping up the fight against illicit, fake, substandard and adulterated drugs.

Which of these have not been reversed by a government that tries to justifies corruption by saying it's not the same as stealing? Prof. Dora Akunyili, of blessed memory, couldn't bear the unprecedented speed at which Nigeria was falling into an abyss and she came up with the idea of Rebranding project.

The problem as TribalEAST puts it that we command no respect under this Govt, we've lost more than we thought we had under GEJ.

It's election time again; should we indeed 'beg him to continue?' Food for thought for Nigerians.

Well, with groups like Ohaneze Ndigbo telling us that ALL IGBOS have already ENDORSED GEJ for a second term in 2015, l guess it shows that "people deserve the kind of leaders they get, even if it is a clueless and disgraceful one". undecided

Let me hastily add that this show of "self-destructive and foolish support" is not isolated to Ohaneze alone, it cuts across to other groups like TIN, e.t.c

Nigerians are their own worst enemy.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by chiedu7: 4:11am On Oct 20, 2014
TribalEAST:
[size=18pt]
You want to install General Muhammadu Boko-Hari as president ?
[/size]
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by sekzy99(m): 4:25am On Oct 20, 2014
obaayo2:
why,any problem?
no problem. Am not the type that takes order
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:12am On Oct 20, 2014
sekzy99:
i need a job onboard a ship, studied marine engineering. Have my stcw 95,medical n discharge book ready. Momlilyseyi@gmail.com or 08023373302Thanks

me tooooo, studied marine biology, my stcw 95 certificate, chemical n oil tanker familiarization n medicals is just staring at me anxiously . abeg holla me even if na boat mek i gett seatime experience. gOD bless u all. viqtor84@yahoo.com
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by Abba999(f): 6:30am On Oct 20, 2014
iterator25:
its official, the world hates nigeria

Even me!!!!!!!!!!

....deep inside you, do you sincerely love the zoo called Nigeria? Tell yourself the honest truth.
Re: Ebola: US Company Makes Ebola T-shirt Mocking Nigeria by GreenandGold: 6:30am On Oct 20, 2014
iterator25:
its official, the world hates nigeria

419 scammmers are not doing the country any good favors abroad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2014 - Photos / Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? / Kenya Lady Called Ugly Bleaches Her Skin To Look Beautiful (Before & After Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.