Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,579 members, 7,837,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials (15073 Views)

Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja / APC Warns Against Insulting Buhari, Government Officials - Premiumtimes / When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Lilimax(f): 4:25pm On Oct 21, 2014
brownlord:

Yes you are right

Tinubu, Landlord in Alausa
El rufai, APC tweet chairman.
Buhari, Three x presidential aspirant, as in presidential aspirant emeritus
smiley
Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 21, 2014
Seun:
Hello,

I'm working on a modification to our rules that will make it an offence to disrespect government officials and call them derogatory names on Nairaland. The objective is to prepare Nairaland for a time when the Nigerian Government may not be able to tolerate such things. Currently it's against our rules to deliberately insult a Nairaland member, so we will just be extending this rule to make it cover government officials too.

What are your comments on this? I promise to read all your comments, though I can't promise to reply all of them, of course.

Thanks!
Mr,this is Nigeria...not North Korea or Russia. What were you thinking when you came up with this idea? It's ridiculous!

9 Likes

Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by brownlord: 4:26pm On Oct 21, 2014
bayulll01:
[s]u sir are a very uselessss and unreasonable human being whicb planet did u come from,seun business no wonder africa cannot improve,dont ever quote me again i talk to knowledgeable pple not a moroon,am vex see this uselesss mofo u are just as dulll as ur president[/s]

the same gibberish, now you should be ban for this nonsense

1 Like

Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by anonimi: 4:26pm On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista:
Mr. Seun you are a pitiable person. I expect that you would have done some sober reflection by this time. Is it because we call Jonathan Mr. Clueless and the PDP a Killer Party that you want to Gag our views? Do not use your own hand to ruin your forum-It is just a brotherly and friendly advise.

RUBBISSSSSSHHHHHH

PS: This is in contravention to the African Charter on Human Right which deals with FREEDOM OF SPEECH and the 1999 Constitution of Nigeria.

And we also call Fash'OLE and Thief'nubu as well as supporter of APC party, so no gagging.
Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
anonimi:

I quite agree with you completely.
I hope you will also agree that our INDEPENDENT courts will also have freedom of trial (devoid of technicalities delay) for any libel case for peddlers of FALSEHOODS.

then what the fork are you saying? i'm in total support of the shyt you wrote up there.you expect me to disagree? go check your head.

1 Like

Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by UnknownT: 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:
Seun if given power will be worse than a dictator.....

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, YOU CANNOT TAKE AWAY FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

The government tried with FELA and they failed.

Fela is celebrated every year now because he had the guts look into the thieving politicians and dictators in the face and tell them exactly what they are....

maybe you should relocate to South Korea.
Seun never took ur freedom to insult any government in Facebook, twitter, newspaper and even ur blog. He is protecting his interest, he has no other job apart from this. Most of us complaining here work for Asian employers and as contract staff which took some of our freedom, how many have protested against them. The time i get tired of Nairaland i quit, that is what i expect many people to do too instead of all these shoutings

2 Likes

Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Trut(m): 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
Seun it's a good move

1 Like

Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by cheiseabmw: 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
Lilimax:

Barcanista usually prostrate on the floor whenever he wants to greet his elder but will choose to abuse the same elder using various words
simple because he felt he does not know what he was doing undecided.
Does it add up ?

Learn to respect your elder at all time smiley

you're a simpleton!

4 Likes

Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by thunderrider: 4:29pm On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista:
Mr. Seun you are a pitiable person. I expect that you would have done some sober reflection by this time. Is it because we call Jonathan Mr. Clueless and the PDP a Killer Party that you want to Gag our views? Do not use your own hand to ruin your forum-It is just a brotherly and friendly advise.

RUBBISSSSSSHHHHHH

PS: This is in contravention to the African Charter on Human Right which deals with FREEDOM OF SPEECH and the 1999 Constitution of Nigeria.

There is freedom of speech alright

but FREEDOM after SPEECH might be guaranteed!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 21, 2014
anonimi:

And we also call Fash'OLE and Thief'nubu as well as supporter of APC party, so no gagging.
What is my business with that? I have been called derogatory names since my declaration for APC and I see no big deal in it. In fact, if you insult me or my candidate, I return it back in ten-folds. It is very simple. No offence, It is all POLITICS grin grin
Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Lilimax(f): 4:30pm On Oct 21, 2014
cheiseabmw:

you're a simpleton!
Ignored!

Btw, you should not quote me again okay.
Keep you eyes straight.
Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2014
thunderrider:

grin grin grin
That is for those that can be cowed to submission. Not barcanista

2 Likes

Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2014
cheiseabmw:

you're a simpleton!
Lilimax:
Ignored!
He is right my dear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by UnknownT: 4:33pm On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista:
Opening of email is free bro, I am sure you know what I mean
Bro, what is so special about Nairaland that even after some people threaten that Nairaland has being bought and they will soon quit but once they are banned, they rush to create an alternate moniker?

1 Like

Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Lilimax(f): 4:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista:

He is right my dear
angry
Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
UnknownT:
Bro, what is so special about Nairaland that even after some people threaten that Nairaland has being bought and they will soon quit but once they are banned, they rush to create an alternate moniker?
Nothing Special but we are in election period, there is a battle to win public opinion. The PDP wants you to quit NL till after the election. Personally, I will consider my continuous membership of Nairaland after the 2015 election and swearing-in of Buhari

5 Likes

Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 21, 2014
Lilimax:
angry
Na joke I de jooor kiss kiss kiss
Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Lilimax(f): 4:35pm On Oct 21, 2014
UnknownT:
grin
A lot of them can't do without NL.
A fact!

1 Like

Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Lilimax(f): 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista:
Na joke I de jooor kiss kiss kiss
I wo lo mo! sad
Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by KingTom(m): 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2014
UnknownT:
Like you shey undecided
Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by cheiseabmw: 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2014
thunderrider:

grin grin grin

leave us with that!
Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Omoreminder101: 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
barcanista:
Opening of email is free bro, I am sure you know what I mean

But how can we compete with the likes of Insincere9geria, who singlehandedly has over 585 monikers.

That is a tall order

2 Likes

Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by jaymichael(m): 4:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
Obiagelli:
Its depends on what you consider insult, if an official displays 1idiotic or clueless behaviour/decision, how do i describe him?

Stop messing with the politics section, honest advice
Abio! insult is when you call someone what he is not, like calling Jonathan honest is one of the biggest insult there is.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 21, 2014
Omoreminder101:

But how can we compete with the likes of Insincere9geria, who singlehandedly has over 585 monikers.

That is a tall order
I don't know how he manage to operate from his Shrine grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 21, 2014
Omoreminder101:
It is a pity that no one has been able to decode what Seun is actually trying to achieve.

In the last few days Ngwakwe has been using scare tactics to intimidate Nlanders. He keeps saying that the election of Buhari will lead to censorship and that is what Seun is trying to now use as a strategy to further demonize Buhari

Please critically evaluate this statement by Seun

The objective is to prepare Nairaland for a time when the Nigerian Government may not be able to tolerate such things

This is getting pathetic by the day
I purposely refuse to mention it, thread like these are usually traps to ban anti government members, whatever you point out could be used against you. THIS IS MY OPINION, BEFORE THEM BAN ME AGAIN.
Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
cheiseabmw:

leave us with that!
Very Simple
Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by cheiseabmw: 4:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by UnknownT: 4:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
KingTom:

Like you shey undecided
i haven't threatened to leave Nairaland before! Once i feel i don't have to be here again, i will quit
Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by KingTom(m): 4:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
UnknownT:
i haven't threatened to leave Nairaland before! Once i feel i don't have to be here again, i will quit
And come back as knownS
Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
diluminati:
You can not trample down on FREEDOM OF SPEECH! No matter What!

Freedom Of Speech doesn't empower you to insult and call anyone derogatory names

1 Like

Re: Making It An Offence To Insult Government Officials by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
jaymichael:
Abio! insult is when you call someone what he is not, like calling Jonathan honest is one of the biggest insult there is.
Gbam cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

CCT’ll Rule On Saraki’s Motion To Dismiss Charges March 24 / DSS, EFCC Operatives Besiege Ekweremadu’s Abuja Residence / Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.