Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,356 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. (24829 Views)

Edo Declares Public Holiday To Celebrate Buhari / Rivers State Declares Free Medicare For Residents! / (pictures) Governor Chibuike Amaechi / Rivers State Declares For G Jonathan 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by henry78okez(m): 6:48am On Oct 27, 2014
Zedric:
See all this hypocrites complaining about fanaticism. Nigerian is neither a Christian state nor an Islamic state. So I think they should have equal rights, if we give holiday for easter ( the death of 1 ordinary dude), why is it extreme to declare a holiday for the New year celebration of a group of people.

U'r d worst fool I hv ever come across on planet earth. When did start equating public holiday declared in Easter to d one declared to mark a new Islamic calendar. I think d whole part of ur brain need to b examined thoroughly.
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by Omimah: 6:53am On Oct 27, 2014
Bokoharam:

Did he force you to follow him to church? Why do some people have such a porous brain? Or is it simply fanaticism?
In like manner, Aregbesola is not forcing anybody to observe it. It's optional.
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by mekd: 6:56am On Oct 27, 2014
is it important?
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by LarryBeryl(m): 7:01am On Oct 27, 2014
wisefizz:

laffs... lazy dude.....el oh el :p
Lol..... E shey o
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by LarryBeryl(m): 7:03am On Oct 27, 2014
Omimah:

If you're a student of a federal government school, you're on your own: No federal institution is going to observe it.

yhop......lol. all d same. Ope oooooo
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by Omimah: 7:11am On Oct 27, 2014
dammytosh:
Yea,

Lets keep enduring him and his short trouser till he starts sharia in south west.

I av always said it that he is a potential terrorist. Very soon he will transform Osun State with fundings from Alqaeda and Isis, have the people behind him and Islamize the state,
If a the President were to be a moslem and had gone to Mecca like Jonathan that has been in Jerusalem for 3 days, some f00ls would have been using abusive words against Islam. Why do people hate Islam?

3 Likes

Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by hotwax: 7:22am On Oct 27, 2014
T4taiwo:
When his counterpart from ekiti state was prostrating in a church, did any one raise the issue of religious intolerance, because its involve an islamic governor,everyone was just bitter about him. and perhaps was the holiday for muslim alone. its for everybody's enjoyment.

Ekiti is core christian state. Osun is 50:50.

Do u get it?
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by hotwax: 7:23am On Oct 27, 2014
Omimah:

In like manner, Aregbesola is not forcing anybody to observe it. It's optional.

No...Public holiday means every government work and schools with close down...

So, he forced it
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by Omimah: 7:30am On Oct 27, 2014
hotwax:

No...Public holiday means every government work and schools with close down...

So, he forced it
It's only state-owned institutions, and maybe banks, that are observing it. No federal institution is observing it.
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 27, 2014
Zedric:
See all this hypocrites complaining about fanaticism. Nigerian is neither a Christian state nor an Islamic state. So I think they should have equal rights, if we give holiday for easter ( the death of 1 ordinary dude), why is it extreme to declare a holiday for the New year celebration of a group of people.
says who??
I give u an assignment today that can prove what you have said may be wrong.

Go take a look at the constitution of your country 1999. and tell me where Christ or Christians or Jesus was mentioned.
Hint: you will only see Muslim, Islam, sharia countless times.

summary: Nigeria is living in pretence until we review this we are NT gonna near unity in 9ja
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by Ephemmm: 7:45am On Oct 27, 2014
walemoney007:
fool dont quote me if u know u will b thinkin through ur joystick f00l,were in my post did i wrote dat new year is celebrated by xtians alone f00l...d person i quoted already gav me a reply,i dont need !d!ot lik u to b quotin me.fvcktard

It is apparent that your sense of reasoning is short, and I can now see that you are suffering from intellectual poverty/myopic. Hardly did you recognize that words have connotative and denotative meaning. Go back to the rubbish you typed and think about it again.

People like you just open your mouth without thinking about what comes out of it. Please use your brain for once and stop portraying your stupidity further.
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by hotwax: 8:16am On Oct 27, 2014
Omimah:

It's only state-owned institutions, and maybe banks, that are observing it. No federal institution is observing it.

And state owned institutions are islamic institututions ?
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by walemoney007(m): 8:30am On Oct 27, 2014
I don't hav time
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by Dayjhihannon01(m): 8:52am On Oct 27, 2014
Kimmo:
Na wa for Aregbe ooh. Why is there a need to approve a public holiday for that? It's not as if Christians have their own new year. That said, I'd love to be working in Osun State right now. I loooove public holidays.

am telling you... Pple never hear anything nah... We do have ishese day (for the traditional herbalists) osun day (for the osun river) ..Sometimes we almost have for egungun self!! All na public holidays!!! Wetin konsain us.. Na jollification for house abeg...

1 Like

Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 27, 2014
Aregbe should take am easy
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by Dayjhihannon01(m): 8:53am On Oct 27, 2014
Firefire:
grin grin grin grin cool well done Aregbesola, continue... god is watching.
firefire baba.. Abeg whats the real status of osun tribunal nah? I don dey search u baba
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by nusirat(m): 8:54am On Oct 27, 2014
vedd:
Aregbe need to tone down his islamic fanatism, abeg!

When his counter part declare their ambition in the church, nobody raise alarm, have you fortget fayose who says he needs 1000 pastor to clean govt house, when govt gives holliday for easter, no problem, when some state declare holiday for their campaign no problem, but if it Hijra or Isese day, you are fanatics because you give recognition to un recognised religion cellebration, let's stop all this religion bigot, and move Nigeria forward.
If you are child of history one of the factor that cause nigeria civil war is religion delination along tribe, if what He his doing is not constitional let's write to Senate or House of Rep.
Nigeria belong to you and ME.
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by nusirat(m): 9:27am On Oct 27, 2014
hotwax:

Ekiti is core christian state. Osun is 50:50.

Do u get it?

Therefore the right of other should infringe upon?? Also where did you get your statistics from for that of Osun??
Please stop your propaganda.
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 27, 2014
Who cares,?
What will i be doing in that backward state?
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by olayinka63: 9:40am On Oct 27, 2014
what baffle you guys against this holiday is because it has islamic agenda if it is holiday for another group there wont be criticism like this stop your hypocritic behaviour
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by abubkhr: 9:58am On Oct 27, 2014
Canadidacy:
Funny Aregbe. Even core islam states don't give break for Hijrah.

That because it has never been celebrated at the time of Prophet and after. Meaning it has no root, in other word it is unislamical to celebrate Islamic new year. Only two occasions are recognize and Celebrated in Islam that:
1. Eid El Firt and
2: Eid El Kabir
Anything apart from these two is unislamical. However in Islam there is nothing like core this core that once you are a Muslim you are equal in respective of the Country, Region or Race you belong. Muslim are equal to Allaah the only difference among people is those who follow and practice Islamic teaching those are consider with high esteem by Allaah.
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by pelepeleb: 10:35am On Oct 27, 2014
T4taiwo:
When his counterpart from ekiti state was prostrating in a church, did any one raise the issue of religious intolerance, because its involve an islamic governor,everyone was just bitter about him. and perhaps was the holiday for muslim alone. its for everybody's enjoyment.
Ekiti counterpart did is personal issue, If aregbesola likes, he can be sleeping inside the mosque that is his personal issue. All is that no governing of the state from inside the mosque. Introducing and declearation of new public holiday because of any region is a sign of religion fanatical and miss governance basses on selfish interest. Sign of sharia (killing and maiming of and denying Innocent people their right because they are not in support of sharia). Let us be careful before aregeshola turn and pollute osun state history with religion blood birth.
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by ogtavia(m): 10:37am On Oct 27, 2014
experimentist:
Thunder fyah you there! Bigot!

Back to d sender..
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 27, 2014
Ipledge:
I know the reason why the ever stupid op open this thread and I know the kind of comment I will se here,
Both the op and the people commenting are stupid,for your information we have isese day on osun state(public holidays for the yraditionalist),he send some Muslim to Mecca,Christian to Jerusalem,and babalawo to cuba(because we have so many Yoruba Orisas in Cuba)he make sure prophet on adware was taking back to liesa,he donated #50m,I know if he did that to an imam,saTANoids will say he is promoting Islamic agenda

Any body from any region of Nigeria trying to use Religion politics in SW will have his/her generation suffer for it...mofos
Its not worth your troubles..
We all know christians primarily hate muslimr even if we mean no harm..and their pastors fuel their anger
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by PECO4KING(m): 11:59am On Oct 27, 2014
Zedric:

Na you make sense pass. As I dey read all the comment.
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by Kutunban: 12:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
The west is becoming an Islamic region gradually. Just like Turkey and now Nigeria is going the same path. I cry for my country cause its filled with religious bigots.
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by Klin1(m): 12:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
Christianity n hypocrisy since d time of Paul............

1 Like

Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by vedaxcool(m): 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2014
Unfortunately for the fanatical elements Muslims are not evaporating from the face of the earth anytime soon! Just a public holiday have made them act out their cankerworm tantrums!
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 27, 2014
mobolaji88:

Its not worth your troubles..
We all know christians primarily hate muslimr even if we mean no harm..and their pastors fuel their anger
Am a Christian but I hate religion politics
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by lawrenceunaa: 1:43pm On Oct 27, 2014
Omimah:

Have you seen the calendar used in Ethiopia? It's behind the Gregorian calendar we're used to.
I know that there are other calendars cos we catholics have our own calendar but isn't as late as the Islamic
Re: Osun State Declares 27th October Public Holiday To Mark Islamic New Year. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 27, 2014
leighcon:
I am a Christian, but will not subscribe to the opinion that the declaration of this holiday represents fanaticism. Afterall, some of the religion's days are already being enjoyed as holidays by default.

However, I will be quick to point out that such actions indicate that tolerating him further, is dangerous to the harmony being enjoyed already by the heterogeneous religions.

The real danger however, is that he is setting a dangerous precedent. The majority of Christian's new year day is the Advent which if I am not mistaken, is sometimes in November.

What happens if in the basis of this, they demand a day as well?

Majority of what? Are you the majority u are talking about? Advent watin? I think I have never heard that anywhere before in history. So dont call ur personal thinking majority opinion.

For your info, d year 2014 translate to 2014 years after after the birth of Jesus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno / Peter Obi Sues Peoples Gazette Over Doctored Audio Call / Doyin Okupe's First Son Joins Buhari's Campaign Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.