Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain (35400 Views)

See How Nigerians Are Killing Their Rice Value Chain / Agro-processing Machineries: Your Fastlane To Making Millions And Wealth. / Processing Of AgroProducts:Your FastLane To Making Millions And Wealth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by iniobong888(m): 6:17am On Oct 24, 2014
How do you become a player in sesame seed business without having millions in your account? Is it even possible? Ofcourse it is very possible to start from nothing and grow into millions even billions in the sesame seed value chain business. These are the four most vital requirements that are needed to be a player in this business.
1. Passion
2. Working knowledge
3. Phone
4. Bank account
It is passion that first of all drive you in this business you need to be passionate to learn about the business. The working knowledge in this business depends on which level you want to enter the business. You can’t do this business without communication, so you phone connects the bridge between your suppliers, the farmers, and other stakeholders in the business. The bank account is for your transactions and to keep your millions.
Sesame seed is the second most sought after cash crop in Nigeria after cocoa, Nigeria is the second largest producer of sesame seed in Africa, and ranking seventh in the World. Other African countries also producer sesame seeds are Chad, Sudan, Ethiopia, Niger, mail, Kenya and Burkina Faso.

Sesame seed is highly valued for its oil which has a very low level of cholesterol. The oil is used in production and as a preservative in canned sardine, margarine, corned beef and soap. It is also used in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries. Sesame seed comes in four colour namely clear white, brown, gold and black.
Ninety percentage of sesame seed produced in Nigeria is exported out to different countries. However we could add more value to sesame seed apart from cleaning and exporting if as an investor extract oil from seed which sells more in the international market and the chaff used for animal feeds or as a raw material for another industrial used.
Sesame seed is produced in Benue, Taraba, Kebbi, Kano, Bauchi, Kogi, Plateau, Adamawa, Kwara, Cross-River, Ebonyi, Niger, Gombe, Katsina, Yobe, Bomo and Nassarawa States.

To make money from the sesame seed you could decide to source for the product from any state that farms it. It means that you could decide to talk to the farmers to gather their stock for you and you pay once you see their stocks.
Secondly you could also decide to visit the cleaning mill and arrange for a buyer from there and you get commission. For example if you get over to the milling and sesame is selling for N260,000 a ton if sell to your suppliers for N265,000 a ton you will make a N150,000 in one trailer load of 30tons, so if you can load 10 trailers in one month that is N1,500,000 in a month.
If you have the resources or you can leverage on relationship you can supply to your buyers directly in lagos and you make over N10,000 to N20,000 per ton thereby making N300,000 to N600,000 per trailer.
Since the world is a global village you could connect with international buyer around the world through the internet and export directly without going to sell in lagos.
This might be your blue print to success

[img][/img][b][/b]

8 Likes

Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by idumuose(m): 9:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
This is wonderful.But what does it cost to start a sesame seed farm and what is the gestation period?

1 Like

Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by Debesther: 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
Hi
Am Robert
I am based in ibadan
Is SESAME seed also known as SOYBEANS ?.
Can I farm it in ibadan ?
Wat is the gestation period?
Wat does it take if I neet to go into milling of d seed?
Pls also inbox me on bribointernational@gmail.com
I am very interested in dis business
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by iniobong888(m): 11:27am On Oct 25, 2014
idumuose:
This is wonderful.But what does it cost to start a sesame seed farm and what is the gestation period?

it depends on the size of farm you want to start with and type of farm operation that u want to use. for Fertilizer it depends on your farm size. sesame seed doesn't need much rainfall that is why the climatic condition in the north favour it. it takes 120 days to mature.
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by iniobong888(m): 11:33am On Oct 25, 2014
Debesther:
Hi
Am Robert
I am based in ibadan
Is SESAME seed also known as SOYBEANS ?.
Can I farm it in ibadan ?
Wat is the gestation period?
Wat does it take if I neet to go into milling of d seed?
Pls also inbox me on bribointernational@gmail.com
I am very interested in dis business
hi Robert sesame seed is different from Soya beans seed picture below in the text. it takes 3 months to mature. I don't think sesame seed would do well in ibadan.
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by idumuose(m): 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2014
iniobong888:

it depends on the size of farm you want to start with and type of farm operation that u want to use. for Fertilizer it depends on your farm size. sesame seed doesn't need much rainfall that is why the climatic condition in the north favour it. it takes 120 days to mature.
Thank you for the information.I will bookmark this page for future use.
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by hotmas911(m): 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2014
If you need land to grow sesame seed. Give me a call. I have hundreds of acres suitable for this money spinning crop. 08060318769
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by wakes: 7:45pm On Feb 24, 2015
We have lots of sesame seed here in Benue State. Interested buyers contact me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by jeffmyson(m): 8:42pm On Feb 24, 2015
hotmas911:
If you need land to grow sesame seed. Give me a call. I have hundreds of acres suitable for this money spinning crop. 08060318769

Wrong advert section! Sesame does not and will never grow in the South West. Please look for other farmers to sell to. Sesame only grows in the north.
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by jeffmyson(m): 8:45pm On Feb 24, 2015
idumuose:

Also note that it is a labour intensive crop and every aspect of It require hard physical labour. So be prepared to break your back before you make the money.
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by jeffmyson(m): 8:47pm On Feb 24, 2015
wakes:
We have lots of sesame seed here in Benue State. Interested buyers contact me.

Really? You really do have sesame seeds and you are looking for buyers? Is this a joke or what?

From my experience with sesame seeds, buyers look for you not the other way round!

1 Like

Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by Tradesrunner(m): 10:47pm On Feb 26, 2015
Reach us today for sesame export contract with a well secure payment
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by bankmoney(m): 8:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
Do you run training for people interested in sesame seed export?
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by ichidodo: 10:53am On Feb 28, 2015
Is it leguminous?.
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by donsola(m): 1:15pm On Mar 07, 2015
We sell hulled SESAME SEED for investors, industrialist exporters and potential stakeholders at customer friendly price and specifications.

Please, study our reviewed price quotation for your kind consideration

PRICE QUOTATION

A tonne of sesame seed of 100kg bag for is NGN 195,000. 00k ie 10bags

A trailer load is 300 bags @ NGN19,500. 00k(Cost per bag)

Total(NGN5, 850, 000. 00k) for 30 tonnes i.e 30bags

Cost of transportation and loading to Lagos is NGN200, 000. 00K

Total cost to supply sesame seed is NGN5,850,000. 00k(cost of 300 bags)

Therefore, total + cost of transportation
(5,850,000. 00 + 200, 000. 00)= NGN6, 050,000. 00k

We also include an attached photographs of our whitish brand of SESAME SEED for your visual delight

Hurry while stock last during this peak season of cultivation. We also source in large quantities for exporters and industries.

We use this medium to thank our esteemed customers for their patronage and also the support we received from NEXIM. it shall be a better year.

5 Likes

Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by noblefarm: 3:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
ichidodo:
Is it leguminous?.

sir pls can sesame seed grow in Ilorin, kwara state and hw do I grow it?
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by ichidodo: 4:02pm On Mar 07, 2015
noblefarm:

It should...Do you know where i can get the seeds?..

1 Like

Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by dav8id(m): 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
noblefarm:

NOPE
only northerner state like nasarawa, benue,taraba,kogi and niger state

its not advisable to farm but trade on it....very hot in demand.
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by noblefarm: 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2015
ichidodo:

I don't know anything abt the seed, I only look for what I can plant that will give me money
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by dav8id(m): 4:16pm On Mar 07, 2015
ichidodo:

GO TO YOUR LOCAL MARKET AND ASK OF BENI SEED(thats the general name) or REDI that the name in hausa
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by ichidodo: 4:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
dav8id:

GO TO YOUR LOCAL MARKET AND ASK OF BENI SEED(thats the general name) or REDI that the name in hausa
Thanx man....
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by akinvest(m): 7:19pm On Mar 22, 2015
Noted
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by EXPORTFINANCE: 10:35am On Aug 01, 2015
FINANCE AVAILABLE FOR SESAME SEED & HARDWOOD CHARCOAL EXPORT CONTRACT L/C ,FOB LAGOS PORT....IF YOU HAVE ONE ...LETS TALK!....LANRE-08077881934...

THANKS.
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by EXPORTFINANCE: 9:33am On Aug 02, 2015
Hello all,
We are looking for suppliers of hard wood charcoal (non-sparkling, smokeless, odorless and very low ash after ignition type) made from Oak/Iron wood preferably from Benue/Kogi.
And also
Suppliers of cleaned and quality whitish sesame seeds in large quantity at a competitive price, payment at delivery to Lagos port. For more details, interested persons can call us on 08077881934
Thanks.
ORANGEWAVES INTERNATIONAL
(Strictly for serious and experienced suppliers)
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by joeyreports: 9:30am On Sep 22, 2015
The Sesame (also known as sesame indium) by the botanical name is among the oldest cultivated plants in the universe. This was a highly prized oil crop of the old Babylon and Assyria empire, dating at least 4,000 years ago. To know more follow ---
https://www.joeyarticles.com/literature-review-sesame-seed-oil-seed/
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by Otunba101: 2:00am On Sep 27, 2015
noblefarm:

Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by EXPORTFINANCE: 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2015
I need Oak charcoal in large quantity 24mt/container...if you can supply to Lagos port...kindly contact me on 08077881934 serious suppliers please....
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by okitejoseph: 9:35am On Oct 24, 2015
Sesame Seed- Research By Green House

The Green House of Biotechnology and research center has carried out a
this research, through the Ebonyi State University Abakaliki, this is
to determine the Green House germination period of the (59) fifty nine
varieties of the sesame sesamum indicum. These varieties of sesame
sesamum indicum was collected from several locations across the
country which includes National Cereals and Research Institute in
Jigawa State, the Benue State (NCRI) Nasarawa State, Abuja, Kogi,
Niger State and Gombe State.

http://www.prestarticles.com/recommendations-grow-sesame-seed/

http://www.prestarticles.com/dietary-health-benefits-sesame-oil/

http://www.prestarticles.com/status-production-sesame-seed/

http://www.prestarticles.com/economic-importance-sesame-sesame-oil-seed/

http://www.prestarticles.com/literature-review-sesame-seed-oil-seed/
11. http://www.prestarticles.com/sesame-oil-seed-research-green-house-biotechnology/

1 Like

Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by henrixx(m): 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2015
iniobong888:

hi Robert sesame seed is different from Soya beans seed picture below in the text. it takes 3 months to mature. I don't think sesame seed would do well in ibadan.
u said 3months nd u told the other guy 120 days Well I am interested in this business and I am currently serving in taraba... Will like you to give me an insight to the possibility and cost of going into it
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by henrixx(m): 3:36pm On Dec 15, 2015
jeffmyson:

Also note that it is a labour intensive crop and every aspect of It require hard physical labour. So be prepared to break your back before you make the money.
bro u seem to have the experience.... Can you give me a break down of the cost? I'm a corper in taraba and will like to invest in it
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by henrixx(m): 4:14pm On Dec 15, 2015
dav8id:

NOPE
only northerner state like nasarawa, benue,taraba,kogi and niger state

its not advisable to farm but trade on it....very hot in demand.
sorry bro.... But pls why do you say it's not advisable to farm
Re: Making Millions From Sesame Seed Value Chain by karlxavier(m): 9:48pm On Nov 09, 2016
Please I am in need of unhulled sesame seeds in large quantity.. If you have, please what's the price per ton? Email me on my signature...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures From My Garden / Processing Pigs- Pictures From My Pork Roast/BBQ / Updated Prices Of Grains And Vegetables From Madallah Market In Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.