Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:34 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (76039 Views)

Poll: Should Arsene be fired if Arsenal does not win anything this season?

Yes: 37% (56 votes)
No: 53% (79 votes)
Undecided: 9% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (99) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 6:08pm On Nov 22, 2008
dayokanu:

At worst Wenger can be the captain from the bench.

Gallas would be dying from Laughter right now He should be on his 15th wrap of Igbo right now!!!!!!!

God bless "Billy Da Kid"
I heard he is actually on his 17th wrap of weed as we speak.
He is laughing his head off watching Wenger's screwed-face.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 6:08pm On Nov 22, 2008
I always like to see Arsenal lose but this is just way too stupid. . I don't know what to say. . Aw can you lose to ManCity 3-0 . . ?

I mean . . . haaa!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:08pm On Nov 22, 2008
I want to heed Akolawoles advice

I want to support an EPL team and i think Ass anal is the best team for now.

I have been laughing since morning they offer a good comic relief

Thats why I love ass anal !!!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue

OFFICIALLY Dayokanu is no Longer a closet fan I am coming out in the open to declare for Ass-anal.

Fellow Gayyners nothing do us tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by doyin13(m): 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2008
nateevs:

I always like to see Arsenal lose but this is just way too stupid. . I don't know what to say. . Aw can you lose to ManCity 3-0 . . ?

I mean . . . haaa!!!!

I remember United losing 4-1 to Man City too my friend  wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Mustay(m): 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2008
It's safe to say that AW's investment in the "young shall grow" is a total sham. It's time he faced reality.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by 4Play(m): 6:10pm On Nov 22, 2008
Chicken from my poultry farm will make better captains than those Ashi-nal players.

Is it not time we stopped considering Arsenal as a serious club in European football? It's as good as talking about Lazio or Borussia Dortmund.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Mustay(m): 6:10pm On Nov 22, 2008
It's safe to say that AW's investment in the "young shall grow" is a total sham. It's time he faced reality.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2008
What the HELL??

Even GRIZZLY is back??  shocked shocked

This week is truly THE RESSURECTION.  tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 6:13pm On Nov 22, 2008
doyin13:

Common don't try to down-play a disaster. . ManU did not lose to Hull and Stoke. . .
And when is this 4-1 you are talking about? . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by doyin13(m): 6:13pm On Nov 22, 2008
Everybody wan hang something on Wenger neck . . . .

The man is having a poor start to the season, emphasis on start.

the season still early. . .

Make una no disparage the day wey still get plenty hour for hand
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 6:14pm On Nov 22, 2008
debosky:

I repeat, I am glad this loss gives AW no hiding place - if we won, it would all be about Gallas. We have lost again - now he has to answer the question as to why we are so poor right now.

Out fought, out thought, out manoeuvered.  Dinamo Kyiv next in the Champions League - we need to seal qualification at all costs.

Gallas is not the sole problem, but he is inevitably a big part of it. His comments were true - 90% of what he said, but he should not have said it. Removing him is part of the solution, but today's loss ensures no one thinks Gallas is the only problem we have.

I am glad this has dawned on you. . . . .

How can u agree what Gallas said was true but he shouldn't have said it??
In other words, Gallas shouldn't have said the TRUTH??
GAYnners are the same all over the world. . . .TWATS.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:14pm On Nov 22, 2008
No Arsenal is still good. Wenger should keep it up he just made my day I dont think I would eat today i am filled up with laughter.

monsiuer Wenger, My neighbour is preggers and rumour has it she is expecting a boy.

Maybe Wenger should bring his cheque book to sign the foetus!!!!

Premiership has never been more interesting tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

I now agree EPL is the most exciting league in the world!!!

Gayyners for Life pls dont sack Wenger He just made me happy

Power sharing pls !!!!!! 11 captains on the field
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by 4Play(m): 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2008
debosky:

I for one am glad we lost - if we won, people would be able to say  'Gallas is the problem'

painful as any Arsenal loss is for me, in the bigger picture this is a necessary defeat.

Always look on the bright side!  grin

Were you not the same person arguing blindly that Arsenal are making progress? If 4 empty seasons hasn't made Wenger see "the big picture", the "magical" fifth occasion won't make any difference.

Anybody's principal interest is their own self-interest. Wenger has construed his own self-interest to mean throwing a wool over Gayners' eyes by lowering expectation and getting Gaynners used to mediocrity in the name of building for the future.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by doyin13(m): 6:16pm On Nov 22, 2008
nateevs:

Common don't try to down-play a disaster. .  ManU did not lose to Hull and Stoke. . .
And when is this 4-1 you are talking about? . .

Look look my friend. . .you made it sound like it was a disaster to lose by three goals to a City side.

And a few seasons back, as many longterm United fans will remember, not glory hunters,
United lost to a team that had a frontline comprising Trevor Sinclair and Darius Vassell
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 6:18pm On Nov 22, 2008
~Sauron~:

I am glad this has dawned on you. . . . .

How can u agree what Gallas said was true but he shouldn't have said it??
In other words, Gallas shouldn't have said the TRUTH??
GAYnners are the same all over the world. . . .TWATS.

I think he means Gallas shouldn't have said it publicly. But what diff does it make really? Gallas vex and go to City jo grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:19pm On Nov 22, 2008
Debo means Gallas should just Mind His business and collect his paycheck without complaining I think that would have been better.

I think Gallas should be axed!!!! why does he want a LOSTING team to change he wants to SPOIL all the fun I am having right now.

Bleep Billy Gallas!!!! Power sharing is It!!!!! Spirit of democracy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by 4Play(m): 6:20pm On Nov 22, 2008
doyin13:

Even in the season we won the treble, we lost 3-0 to Arsenal and 3-1 to Sheffield Wednesday while losing 2-3 to Boro. The occasional "humiliation" is inevitable, what makes Arsenal's situation drastic is that it comes in the wake of 4 trophyless seasons and an early exit from the title race(we are only in November).

Even the season Utd lost 4-1 to Man City,we had won the EPL the previous season and won the FA Cup that season. Anyway, what do you expect from folks who couldn't beat Hull and have a donkey for a manager.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 6:21pm On Nov 22, 2008
Cristalz:

I think he means Gallas shouldn't have said it publicly. But what diff does it make really? Gallas vex and go to City jo grin

Babes, Gallas have been mumbling the need for the TEAM to be strong ever since.
He expected Arsene Wenger to add STEEL and shore up the soft areas but trust Wenger to ignore his captain's rants.
Arsenal have now been reduced to a TALENT AGENCY. . . .They breed young players and sell them after 2-3 seasons.

The board is happy to keep the revenue with excuses that next season would bring more titles.
Wenger is also happy to keep his salary and Champions League bonus and the TV rights paid by the FA.
They don't really care how the team fares as far as winning trophies is concerned.

Wenger knows what to do to challenge Man Utd and Chelsea.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Mustay(m): 6:21pm On Nov 22, 2008
Frustration must have led his public outburst. If they can't hear his concerns internally, why can't he voice out? This scenario playing out now reminds me of a section of Ashley Cole's book!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 6:21pm On Nov 22, 2008
Itz going all tits up for Arsenal at the moment for us

The team is unsettled, lacks confidence and generally would be wishing the season comes to an end right now!

Another sad day

My loyalty still says the same, just angry at some decisions that has been made so far this season by Arsene Wenger especially

The players have all underperformed this season and we have not stucked together when it matters most

I dont know what it would take for Arsenal to be ruthless and destructible to Average and below average teams especially sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by bagoma(f): 6:25pm On Nov 22, 2008
Hey Grizzly,
come back!!!
i hope you didnt lose money beting in favour of Arsenal winning today. grin
COME BACK!!! cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 6:26pm On Nov 22, 2008
Mustay:

Frustration must have led his public outburst. If they can't hear his concerns internally, why can't he voice out? This scenario playing out now reminds me of a section of Ashley Cole's book!

Exactly my thoughts on the issue. The poor man is frustrated with the gaffer and the team, and he just had to let the world know hez not a party to the whole mess( tho hez not perfect)

Hez got his CV to think about.  .  .since he got to Arsenal his career has been on a downward spiral. I don't blame him o.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:28pm On Nov 22, 2008
No Gallas wanted to Spoil my Fun!!! Bleep Him!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by 4Play(m): 6:30pm On Nov 22, 2008
Wenger thinks it was a "tight game" . grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 6:30pm On Nov 22, 2008
Cristalz:

Exactly my Thoughts on the issue. The poor man is frustrated with the gaffer and the team, and he just had to let the world know hez not a party to the whole mess( tho hez not perfect)

U must be very intelligent.
Gallas came from a team(Chelsea) who was winning everything in sight. . . . He was used to his team lifting trophies at the end of the season.
It's like Rio moving to Arsenal. . . . .Of course, he would be frustrated with the shambles at the Emirates.
Manager keep signing kids that are not men enough to question his vision and transfer policies as long as they get to PLAY.

Hez got his CV to think about.  .  .since he got to Arsenal hez been on a downward spiral. I don't blame him o.

Exactly!!!
3 months ago, i thunk Arsenal got the best deal in the Cashley/Gallas UNHOLY deal.
I am not so sure of that anymore. Wenger has reduced Gallas from a man to a bawling tot.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2008
@4play,

The game was very tight for me too. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 6:43pm On Nov 22, 2008
You scumtwats should shut up.  tongue

Yes, I did feel the team was improving, but after 9 games, I said it clearly here that this season would not yield the improvement in the league. A few games down the line, and my prediction has been justified - painfully so.

Wenger MUST do something at this point in time or risk losing the best players he has and thus imploding the side completely. The inconsistency of this season has been severely shocking for him, thinking he could easily replicate what happened with Flamini with Denilson. But that aside, there is something lacking psychologically in this side that must be fixed as well.

@ Mustay

If he felt (as the CAPTAIN) he couldn't bare his mind, ask for a transfer, SIMPLE. There will never be an excuse for such an outburst, unless it was something illegal such as doping.

Wenger has lost the premiership, and will be kicking himself hard. Is there anything he can do? Probably hold on till January and try to buy someone, if there are players available that is.

This will be like 2006/2007 if not worse, barely hanging on to 4th place.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 6:45pm On Nov 22, 2008
doyin13:

Look look my friendyou made it sound like it was a disaster to lose by three goals to a City side.

And a few seasons back, as many longterm United fans will remember, not glory hunters,
United lost to a team that had a frontline comprising Trevor Sinclair and Darius Vassell

Losing to ManCity in present terms is a disaster. . no mata how you try to colour it. . I can't tell how bollocks you will be spewing on a Chelsea thread if we lost 3-0 to ManCity. .

Secondly
It's short sightedness and childish to begin to talk about Longterm United fans. . So according to you. . everyone who started following football after you did is a glory hunter uhm?

Wait a minute have you got a name for those that started watching football before you were born?. . .  and perhaps a name for the children unborn who will find a club and start supporting?

Can you tell the eleven United players that died in the berlin crash without the help of google. . . ? Nah . . You only started following recently . . aw could you tell?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tosinadeda: 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2008
[size=15pt]wenger should go plain and simple[/size]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 6:55pm On Nov 22, 2008
nateevs slow your roll and pause to think before you type - doyin is a POMPEY fan. what does United have to do with this?

Losing to Man City is a 'disaster'? So losing to Stoke is an 'epidemic'? grin grin

What about losing to Burnley then? is that 'Global Extinction'? undecided grin

I think some of you missed your primary school classes on the use of superlatives - once again I ask - pause and think before posting. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by aalani(m): 6:57pm On Nov 22, 2008
Arsenal's turbulent week ended in more misery as Manchester City sent them to a fifth league defeat of the season. The Gunners appeared to be in freefall after skipper William Gallas was dropped for his midweek outburst. Who's a loser, the sacked skipper or Arsenal as a team? Wenger should expect more defeats in the weeks ahead.

www.premiershipxray.com/forum
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 7:03pm On Nov 22, 2008
@Debosky

I really do not know what your aim is with that post. . . To attack me, to defend Doyin or to pour out your frustration on the next available victim . . . whateva it is I think if you think you cannot make a point without coming down to insults, then it's a shame. . Actually if you read the post well you would see I actually thot he was an Arsenal fan. . but he thot because he as able to name a few ManU players of old then any who can't remember them is a glory hunter. . and that is why I asked more questions and nothing more. . what's all this[b] "think b4 you type" [/b] rubbish? If you lack ideas about how to behave on a public forum . .I could lend you a few. .

Secondly,

Reading the posts very well you will see that I did not say losing to ManCity is a disaster. . but losing 3-0 to ManCity sure is. . losing to Burnley is a disaster. . and so is losing to stoke. . .

If you have to reply with insults. . then I guess it's best you don't . . I don't trade insults. I think there's a clear difference with making a point. .

Be constructive pls!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (99)

Watford Vs Liverpool (3 - 0) On 29th February 2020 / Manchester United Fan Thread / UEFA Champions League 2018/19 Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.