Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,637 members, 7,851,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:56 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (63980 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 8:06pm On Dec 03, 2008
TKB

Lighten up. . .I just think advising me is much better than rebelling. I'm not anybody's ''madam''. K? wink grin

@manu4laif

Thanks. I'm eagerly waiting for the concluding part of the theme title grin

Now guys, lets put the moderation actions/reactions aside for now and enjoy the CC. Soccer is the reason we're here afterall (except the vermins and pests) grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:14pm On Dec 03, 2008
From Fergie's DRESSING ROOM. . . . . .

FOSTER

RAFAEL     NEVILLE      J. EVANS       O'SHEA

POSSEBON        GIBSON          ANDERSON

NANI             TEVEZ            GIGGS

manu4laif:

Sauron, I agree that Tevez NEEDS to grab each opportunity with both hands(and feet). However, Baba needs to give him some MORE playing time(like he did with Saha when he closed the door on RVN). Tevez is not the quality to stay unhappy for too long. Suitors will come . Baba needs to manage this moment and succeed like he did when we had much less quality upfront grin

Tevez has been shyte this season. . . . . . I think he's used up all his skills in South Africa and Nigeria.
He should grab his opportunity. . . . .If he keeps starting games and he fails to score and make an impact, it would be hard for the gaffer to start him.
We all know Rooney has a better chemistry with Ronaldo and Berbatov won't sit on the bench(30 milla).
So Tevez has to displace Wazza if he wants to start games at OT.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2008
Sauron
thats a killer squad that can deal with any team
My fear is just Neville. Someone needs to injure him in training
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:20pm On Dec 03, 2008
tkb417:

Sauron
thats a killer squad that can deal with any team
My fear is just Neville. Someone needs to injure him in training

Have u seen Blackburn's line up??
Santa Cruz, Derbyshire and the whole shebang??
It would be tough but i know Gazza can play as a centre-half. . . . .Would he be turned like BBQ like Nasri did at the Emirates?? tongue tongue tongue
Very likely!! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2008
I feel SAF isnt handling the Tevez issue well. he has relegated the lad to a Carling Cup and bench material which is grossly unfair. This lad was instrumental to our successes last term. His goals were invaluable. I can vividly remember his goals against Totenham Lyon and blackburn. he was our saving grace on those days. If we won a double last season with him and Rooney upfront, why the sudden loss of faith in him. The guy deserves more playing time than he is getting presently. It will be painful if we lose him like that. Good a thing, RM has signed Huntelar, so we can at least have him till the end of the season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2008
4-3-3? Whatever happened to width? And O'Shea, Gary, Giggs at a go? undecided  Hmm.  .  .

Guess this is Tev's chance to show Fergie he deserves a starting place on the first team.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2008
ndumart:

I feel SAF isnt handling the Tevez issue well. he has relegated the lad to a Carling Cup and bench material which is grossly unfair. This lad was instrumental to our successes last term. His goals were invaluable. I can vividly remember his goals against Totenham Lyon and blackburn. he was our saving grace on those days. If we won a double last season with him and Rooney upfront, why the sudden loss of faith in him. The guy deserves more playing time than he is getting presently. It will be painful if we lose him like that. Good a thing, RM has signed Huntelar, so we can at least have him till the end of the season.

Letz stop this sentiments, can we?
Last season has gone. . . . . .
See it this way, if Ronaldo had only scored one goal this season and say Fletcher has scored 7 goals. . . . .Who would u play??
Would u start Ronaldo on the back of last season's performance?? Of course NOT.
Tevez is out of FORM, if he is honest enough. . . . .He would admit it.

Form is temporary, Class is permanent. . . . . . . .He would get his FORM back but for now, i think Berba and Wazza are the best strike partners.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 8:26pm On Dec 03, 2008
Criz
Can Tev show his class playing amongst them Giggs, Oshea and co?

Imagine Neville against Cruz, Mccarthy, Derbyshire. Aint comfortable with the Gary thing at all.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 8:31pm On Dec 03, 2008
Sauron

How his he expected to pick form without much playing time? I Remember when Rooney was off form but fergie stuck with him. I just don't like how he is handling the issue. I don't support mediocrity, but i feel Tev deserves better.

Can u say Berba is in form? He isnt in form also but fergie sticks with him hoping he will come good soon, why not give Tev that same opportunity and see whether he wont perform?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 8:39pm On Dec 03, 2008
ndumart

You've got a point. No idea why Tev isn't getting the same treatment the others get when they mess up, but fact still remains that no matter how he plans to do it, hez got to shine tonight.

I really hope he does.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2008
ndumart:

Sauron
How his he expected to pick form without much playing time? I Remember when Rooney was off form but fergie stuck with him. I just don't like how he is handling the issue. I don't support mediocrity, but i feel Tev deserves better.

Nope. . . . . .When we bought Berba, Rooney was out of form.
Tevez was the main menu then but i can't place ma finger on Apache's form. . . . . .The guy just dipped.
In the game against Bolton at OT, Wazza was dropped to the bench and peops were like this is the END of Rooney in Man Utd.

However, good players don't like the bench and their hunger drives em to go make impact when they come on the pitch.
Wazza scored the all-important 2nd goal against Bolton and Tevez did nowt apart from running around.
That is how to tell a manager u don't deserve to be benched. . . . . .When Tevez got benched, he hasn't convinced me(never mind convincing SAF) that he doesn't deserve the bench.

Can u say Berba is in form? He isnt in form also but fergie sticks with him hoping he will come good soon, why not give Tev that same opportunity and see whether he wont perform?

Berba is our best striker. . . . . . He adds composure in the final third and his link up play is BAR NONE.
If we ad a goalpoacher, u would admire Berbatov!!!!
He's got 6 goals and 6 assists already. . . . . .SIX ASSISTS!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by omitutu: 8:56pm On Dec 03, 2008
still don't get the Berbatov transaction to be honest. . . . .

His link up play is stellar no doubt, but team movement with
him in the side is not as good as last season when Rooney, Tevez
and Ronaldo led the attack.

I think Tevez's dip in form is linked to his lack of playing time. He has
more or less been made the scapegoat for an unnecessary addition.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 9:51pm On Dec 03, 2008
United 2-0 Blackburn

Tevez and Nani. . . . . . .
Good first half but Giggsy has been shyte. . . . . . .
Apache is really putting himself about. . . . . .He wants to win that first team shirt.
Anutha 45 like the first half then i think Rooney might drop to the bench against Sunderland.

Jeeeeez. . . . . .Benni McCarthy scores. . . . .

2-1.

What a save from Robinson.

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

APACHE SCORES A BRACE.

3-1.

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

APACHE gets a HATRICK.

4-1.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by superstar1(m): 10:49pm On Dec 03, 2008
@ Sauron

Tevez just gave u a resounding answer for ur criticism of him.
he showed u wot he is made up of.
i think he jas shown SAF that he deserved more playing tym 2
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 10:56pm On Dec 03, 2008
superstar1:

@  Sauron

Tevez just gave u a resounding answer for ur criticism of him.
he showed u wot he is made up of.
i think he jas shown SAF that he deserved more playing time 2

Now, he would get a start against Sunderland.

Scores: Man Utd 5-3 Blackburn.

Tevez scored FOUR GOALS in one night. . . . . . .APACHE bribed Paul Robinson.
TWO of em are strong contenders for the GOAL of the SEASON.
He was magnificent tonight. . . . . .He went to the referee to demand the ball. . . . . .This guy is mad. grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 10:58pm On Dec 03, 2008
So i am guessing Carlitos should be figuring in the next match as he has proven himself.I still insist Berbatov is not the man y'all need it would be better if you flogged Berbatov to Real and kept Tevez
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by superstar1(m): 11:00pm On Dec 03, 2008
Man U 5 Blackburn 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tevez actually showed he is an apache helicopter,
brilliantly deadly
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 11:01pm On Dec 03, 2008
What is wrong with our defense?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 11:02pm On Dec 03, 2008
nazzyon:

What is wrong with our defense?

A defence with Gary Neville and O'Shea would concede 6 goals. . . . .
Be thankful it wasn't more than 3.

A-40:

So i am guessing Carlitos should be figuring in the next match as he has proven himself.I still insist Berbatov is not the man y'all need it would be better if you flogged Berbatov to Real and kept Tevez

Berbatov is better than SAHA. . . . . . So it was good the gaffer bought him but he is not really the kind of striker we need.
Huntelaar or any goalpoacher was what i thunk Fergie would get but Fergie felt otherwise.
Madrid have already completed Hunter's deal so they won't be needing Apache.

Letz see how it goes though. . . . . . .Anderson def'ly played the best game in a red shirt today.
He had a chance to get his first goal today and he still passed to Apache?? The guy is so selfless. . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 11:10pm On Dec 03, 2008
Yeah he is better but with the outlandish money spent on him and the fact that Carlos has to be benched ahead of him doesn't really sit right he had a slow start simply because he was not been played much lets be sincere Tevez was your biggest match-drawer last season he popped in goals in matches that y'all where sure to lose me thinks Berba should be used like Kanu (of the bench) what where you guys even thinking by paying 30 mil to them Lily Whites
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 11:13pm On Dec 03, 2008
~Sauron~:

Letz see how it goes though. . . . . . .Anderson def'ly played the best game in a red shirt today.
He had a chance to get his first goal today and he still passed to Apache?? The guy is so selfless. . . . .

More like he was scared he was going to assassinate someone in the stands again. cheesy grin grin
Anderson can't hit a mule with a guitar, not to mention scoring a goal. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 11:24pm On Dec 03, 2008
Anderson needs an empty post to score tongue
But i admire his selflessness

If feel like shooting Gary
He made Evans look like a pub defender

What an emphatic response from Apache
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by vinisky: 1:09am On Dec 04, 2008
you see,that's why we need carlito to start playing. i'm all for Tevez.i pray he never leaves or else Ferguson'll 've himself to blame.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by kaypumpin2(m): 1:22am On Dec 04, 2008
vinisky:

you see,that's why we need carlito to start playing. i'm all for Tevez.i pray he never leaves or else Ferguson'll 've himself to blame.

Real Madrid,his supposed next destination have signed Huntelar and are only in the market for a winger,so he WILL not leave.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 5:46am On Dec 04, 2008
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 7:05am On Dec 04, 2008
Divino and Eboue could use some diving classes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZjvFdPGFfg&feature=poptnjrf5
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 8:14am On Dec 04, 2008
someone needs to injure or kill Gary n O'shea 4 real
cant they resign?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 10:31am On Dec 04, 2008
tkb417:

someone needs to injure or kill Gary n O'shea 4 real
can't they resign?

It's time to relieve Gary. I'm one of his ardent supporters but I
guess it can't go on forever.

O'shea? It's a proof that Fergie has a very soft side. There is
no reason why O'shea is still a key squad member.

Giggs? Not too sure but at 35, I dont really think he needs
another season.

Scholes? He's back. I believe we can still get some quality
from him.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 10:40am On Dec 04, 2008
It's time to relieve Gary. I'm one of his ardent supporters but I
guess it can't go on forever.

O'shea? It's a proof that Fergie has a very soft side. There is
no reason why O'shea is still a key squad member.

Giggs? Not too sure but at 35, I don't really think he needs
another season.

Scholes? He's back. I believe we can still get some quality
from him.
Excellent Akin Alabi
i'll still want Giggs and Scholes in our team. they can still add one or two things when needed but Gary and O'shea should see the lights that blinded Paul in Damascus and get fcked out!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 11:01am On Dec 04, 2008
@Sauron,
Tevez has responded to your challenge. I hope you'll tell SAF to do the needful grin

Guys, we were all happy to have Gary back but we forget that this IS the real Gary. lipsrsealed Have you guys forgotten those days when Gary, Barthez and Silvestre conspired to conjure up a goal for the opposition every other game? Dust your videos please. Or is it not the same Gary who will simply follow an attacker from his own half fearing to commit himself until he gets to our 18. He has only gotten worse with age(and long lay-off). His strongest points was his pullouts which was sheer class. In terms of actual defending I have the same faith in him as Taiye Taiwo. grin

WAN UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 04, 2008
Yes.
I said it was a travesty for the guy to sit that long on the bench.
Let's see Fergie's selection on Saturday.
That last goal was SUPER!
Still don't know why he's sitting on the bench.The others haven't exactly lit up the scorer's charts,apart from Ronaldo,maybe.
He hasn't been given as much opportunities as Berb & Roo, and has been sacrificed (unfairly,in my view) for Berba.
Nice to see him score.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 12:59pm On Dec 04, 2008
Roy Keane has left Sunderland?
how many goals are we gonna score on Saturday now that they dont have a coach?
anything less than 5 goals will not be acceptable

Perdiction: UTD 5 Sunderland 1 grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (98)

Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 / Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! / Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.