Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,642 members, 7,851,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:22 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (63981 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 8:39pm On Dec 04, 2008
tkb417:

Viera ur master couldnt look him in the eye. was he a coward too?
I am not sure even you believed what you just typed what fallacy!! didn't you see them youtube clips? Vieira feared no one i don't need rocket science to prove that

~Sauron~:

Stop clutching at straws, mate!!!
Throughout the mid/late 90s till Keane retired. . . . . .He was by far the most feared animal in the Premiership. . .
U cannot look at Keane in the eye. . . . .  .Go ask Vieira, Shearer and many others.
Keane was a BEAST and his constant battering of Vieira is a testament to that.
How do u cope with an Irish bloke??
Opaks!! Why not compare all their match ups how could you come up with such ludicrous judgement in just one match even though we lost sef Vieira scored! Keane was feared by his team-mates no Gunner was scared of Keane speak for his team-mates bruv we always brought drama to y'all have you forgotten the Van Horseface incident at OT?
Did you not see where Vieira mocked Keane in that youtube clip?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by smurf1(f): 8:45pm On Dec 04, 2008
@ All

How we doing today, hope all, is well, I come bearing kisses for all as usual kiss

One United!!!!!!!!!!!! cool

@ Tkb hun,

How u dey? kiss kiss kiss
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:48pm On Dec 04, 2008
dayokanu:

Messi and Maradona were so smart they got away with it but Divino used a double fisted spike and was caught and red carded. You see the difference in Intelligence?

Well. . . . . .we all know who walked away with all the awards despite Messi's affinity to CHEAT/DIVE. . . . . .

Messi needs to walk on his aerial ability and finishes before he can clean Ronaldo's boots.
If he is not careful, he would end up like Ortega. . . . . . .
The Champions league Barca won in 2006 and the league(how much of it did he know about)??
If ma memory serves me right . . . . . .He did not take part in the Q/finals(Benfica), S/finals against Milan and the FINAL against the GAYNNERS.
Barcelona won the champions league without the HELP of Leo Messi. . . . .What a shame!!!!

@ A-40,

Go and read Vieira's book. . . . . . .U keep beating about the bush.
U said Vieira was just trying to be a gentleman. . . . . .I wonder why Keano didn't pay tributes to Vieira in his own autobiography.
Vieira said. . . . .If there's one player he RESPECTED, that player was ROY KEANE.
He said KEANO would take kicks and would not complain and when he kicked back, u dare not COMPLAIN!!!!
Vieira always moaned like a bitch anytime Keano orchestrated PAYBACK which was why they always fought on the pitch!!!
Go and find the game in Highbury(August 1999) and see how Keane tossed Vieira around like a bitch. . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 8:57pm On Dec 04, 2008
Smurf
good girl. wassup
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by vinisky: 9:06pm On Dec 04, 2008
Jesus!!! i've missed yans. who told me to step out now?ehn?" cry.Anyways United 4 Laif.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 04, 2008
Gunners
One thing I don't like about y'all is that you guys tend to distort facts.

FACT:Keano ate Vieira like 101 times out of 100 whenever they met on the pitch.
FACT:Keano came close to blows with Vieira in the tunnel at Highbury and had to be restrained by Graham Poll.The YouTubevideo doesn't even show Vieira:hehad gone to hide after Keano threatened to "see him on the pitch",even on his own turf,he slithered away like a scared coward.
FACT:Gunners FEARED Keano.No one dared tackle him,and of course,my Capo could dish it out like he could take it.
FACT:Vieira always looked tame when Keano was on the pitch

Yes,Keano wasn't your bundle of skill,but what he lacked in skill,he made up for in bundles with heart,courage,grit and determination.Vieira never had a night like the one Keano had in Turin,May 1999.That is what a captain is all about,not the bleating bully that Vieira was,always picking on someone smaller than him till he met his match.That is why we Mancs,despite his Sunderland adventure,still love him.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 9:38pm On Dec 04, 2008
Gunners

FACT:Keano came close to blows with Vieira in the tunnel at Highbury and had to be restrained by Graham Poll.The YouTubevideo doesn't even show Vieira:hehad gone to hide after Keano threatened to "see him on the pitch",even on his own turf,he slithered away like a scared coward.
FACT:Gunners FEARED Vieira.No one dared tackle him,and of course,my Capo could dish it out like he could take it.

Yes,Keano wasn't your bundle of skill,but what he lacked in skill,he made up for in bundles with heart,courage,grit and determination.Vieira never had a night like the one Keano had in Turin,May 1999.That is what a captain is all about,not the bleating bully that Vieira was,always picking on someone smaller than him till he met his match.That is why we Mancs,despite his Sunderland adventure,still love him.

MINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2008
Eastbay
God bless u for that
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by vinisky: 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2008
Eastbay:

Gunners

FACT:Gunners FEARED Keano.No one dared tackle him,and of course,my Capo could dish it out like he could take it.

Eastbay, please do not forget that Jaap Stamp almost had him for dinner if not for many and i mean "many" cooler heads that restrained him for having a go at Viera he would've killed him on that pitch. AH!!! those days when real footballers fought and played like real men cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwEPA8ZUzcw
that's proof for you gayners that do not believe me.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 04, 2008
These Gunners will kill me oh.

If there is any point of reference,it should be the 2004/5 tie at Highbury.Where was Vieira.Even the FA Cup final which they stole from us that same year,their guy recoiled like a scared snail when Keano was bossing the pitch and we did all but score.

Yeah,Stam almost swallowed their Vieira.I wish those days were back.But if that's the case,na Chelsea go turn EPL into Oshodi.Na so so agbero players dem carry.Terry,Drogba,Ballack. Enough NURTW officials dey dat team.

Vieira?Had to run to Italy when England couldn't contain him and Keane.
Keane was the big dog of the Premiership yard.He backed down to NO-ONE.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by vinisky: 10:27pm On Dec 04, 2008
Eastbay:

These Gunners will kill me oh.

If there is any point of reference,it should be the 2004/5 tie at Highbury.Where was Vieira.Even the FA Cup final which they stole from us that same year,their guy recoiled like a scared snail when Keano was bossing the pitch and we did all but score.

Yeah,Stam almost swallowed their Vieira.I wish those days were back.But if that's the case,na Chelsea go turn EPL into Oshodi.Na so so agbero players them carry.Terry,Drogba,Ballack. Enough NURTW officials dey that team.

Vieira?Had to run to Italy when England couldn't contain him and Keane.
Keane was the big dog of the Premiership yard.He backed down to NO-ONE.

True Talk True Talk grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 10:42pm On Dec 04, 2008
Lol at eastbay. You have forgotten Essien and Carvalho the can break bones into 200 pieces.

@ Sharon,

Wolfsburg just sent Portsmouth packing out of the UEFA cup.

I am awaiting your post match analysis.

Portsmouth has 1 point in 3 games with one to go!!!

So much for the FA cup champions

Villa 1 Zilina 2!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 04, 2008
Dayo,
Na true.I forgot.
Essien is the original area father.Bonecrusher.Iron bender.
Carvalho na just crazeman.He looks like a psycho.

Wow,Pompey can't even win in Europe.Fluke FA Cup champions.

Tony Adams should get ready,cus he's next in the EPL sack race.
The only Gunner who managed to become a coach.He was in the right place at the wrong time.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 11:15pm On Dec 04, 2008
@Eastbay,
What of our Mikel and his two footed tackled specialty.
Looks like you have to show a garage certificate with not less than 5 years Agbero experience to get into the Chelsea team

TKB wetin do your siggy? Ashewo Agbalagba!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by kaypumpin2(m): 11:38pm On Dec 04, 2008
Its funny how a topic that's based on why Keane shied away from managerial responsibilities evolved into his animalistic traits and how he's a better street fighter.Typical scummies tongue
Dayo you and Eastbay should go and have this discussion in the chav's thread so captain nateev can come after you.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by mukina2: 11:45pm On Dec 04, 2008
grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by kaypumpin2(m): 11:49pm On Dec 04, 2008
Is this Dharmendra or Ahmtaab?

Thumb sucker(Amuka) tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by mukina2: 12:04am On Dec 05, 2008
Armitaab Indian movies>?

if you are comparing bia bia to him grin nor try am oh grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 12:22am On Dec 05, 2008
@Sauron
You guys don't have a point at all what does it take out of Vieira's tenacity that he acknowledged Roy Keane was a good opponent it shows how mature and how man enough he was to accept the rivalry Roy Keane was too childish and petulant and probably took the shindig personal and thats why he could not acknowledge Paddy V's strength
Have you forgotten the headbutting match between Keano and Paddy V so soon? how can someone be scared of you yet has the guts to look you in the eye and lock heads with you Paddy V was a monster and thats fact
What even happened in August 1999? didn't we beat you in that Charity shield match before the game at Highbury? how about the 3-0 hammering the season before at Highbury? abeg both dogs have had their day so your theory about Roy Keane conquering Vieira is simply hollow

Where was Roy Keane when Martin Keown wanted to beat Ruud van horseface to a pulp? Roy Keane knows his mates abeg
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 12:38am On Dec 05, 2008
So we should accept the words of a neutral 'fan' like DK?  undecided

Sharon you must've taken leave of your senses - If a Bayern player said Azeezat was hotter than Halle Berry, DK would believe hook, line and sinker, how can you even compare?

This nitwit called DK said Vieira was a nobody outside of France and Arsenal, yet he won a world cup, confederations cup, and won a league title in another country Juventus. What a muppet!  tongue

What is the 'reference point'? How did Vieira 'recoil' like a snake when he scored the winning penalty?  undecided Please explain the recoiling or the major battle that occurred in the game. Demented scumtwats come with their fairy tales. How did Vieira 'show fear' when his team went on to clinch the title at OT?

Vieira left England after winning all there was to win in England, no more challenge! Unbeaten season, beat MU in the FA cup finals, won the TITLE at OLD TRAFFORD right under Keane's nose, please tell me what was left for Vieira to do?? Left England for Keane my foot.

Someone can be as asinine to claim that 'no one dared tackle Keane'? Are scumtwats really this dimwitted to believe such twaddle?  undecided

See all of them nodding like retarded agama lizards - true talk, true talk, true talk. Nitwits United.  tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 12:49am On Dec 05, 2008
debosky:

So we should accept the words of a neutral 'fan' like DK?  undecided

Sharon you must've taken leave of your senses - If a Bayern player said Azeezat was hotter than Halle Berry, DK would believe hook line and sinker, how can you even compare?

This nitwit called DK said Vieira was a nobody outside of France and Arsenal, yet he won a world cup, confederations cup, and won a league title in another country Juventus. What a muppet!  tongue

What is the 'reference point'? How did Vieira 'recoil' like a snake when he scored the winning penalty?  undecided Please explain the recoiling or the major battle that occurred in the game. Demented scumtwats come with their fairy tales. How did Vieira 'show fear' when his team went on to clinch the title at OT?

Vieira left England after winning all there was to win in England, no more challenge! Unbeaten season, beat MU in the FA cup finals, won the TITLE at OLD TRAFFORD right under Keane's nose, please tell me what was left for Vieira to do?? Left England for Keane my foot.

Someone can be as asinine to claim that 'no one dared tackle Keane'? Are scumtwats really this dimwitted to believe such twaddle?  undecided

See all of them nodding like retarded agama lizards - true talk, true talk, true talk. Nitwits United.  tongue
MINT!!! grin grin.There is only one Paddy V
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by superstan(m): 12:51am On Dec 05, 2008
did he win the champions league? carling cup, world club championships?

arsenal fans and their mouths undecided undecided

vieira still pays homage to roy keane.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1707/inter/2008/12/03/993968/vieira-roy-keane-is-the-best-ive-faced
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by kaypumpin2(m): 12:53am On Dec 05, 2008
A-40:

MINT!!! grin grin.There is only one Paddy V

A true soildier who led his troop to INVINCIBILITY
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by superstan(m): 12:59am On Dec 05, 2008
fa cup

keane wins 5
vieira wins 4

uefa champions league

keane wins 1
vieira wins 0

world club championship

keane wins 1
vieira wins 0

A Community Shield/Charity Shield

keane wins 4
vieira wins 3

premier league

keane wins 7
vieira wins 3

Keane total wins beat vieira in his career 19 times

Vieira total wins beat keane in his career 11 times

KEANO = LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 1:20am On Dec 05, 2008
Ok we agree Roy Keane had a more successful club career how about for country

World Cup:
Vieira 1
Keane 0

Euros
Vieira 1
Keane 0

Confederations Cup
Vieira 1
Keane 0

Scudetto
Vieira 3
Keane 0
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 1:46am On Dec 05, 2008
@ A-40,

Comparing Republic of Ireland to France?? ?? ??
Shame on you!! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 2:09am On Dec 05, 2008
@ superstan

get back to me on the number of Confederation Cups and World Cups Keano won aiight? wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by rikkyjen(m): 2:12am On Dec 05, 2008
A-40:

Ok we agree Roy Keane had a more successful club career how about for country

World Cup:
Vieira 1
Keane 0

Euros
Vieira 1
Keane 0

Confederations Cup
Vieira 1
Keane 0

Scudetto
Vieira 3
Keane 0

Negative, Amigo!  grin and @ Adebola/Adebowale grin (i see ur tory interview) grin

Why should we compare both players in a tournament/league one of them didn't participate in? Whats  the yardstick again?

Keano's team wasn't in France 98 (and that aint Keanos fault because you know Ireland is not a great footie nation)  tongue

No questions, Pato is one of the finest midfielders Arsenal has churned out but his Euro 2000 and France 1998 accomplishment came via a team that was so good that the only opponent they had were theirselves!. Am not downplaying Pato's International laurels, but can you compare the laurels a player wins in a marathon league than what you win facing Saudi Arabia and South Africa a la as France did in France 98?

But hei, at the end of the day, the World cup is a bigger trophy, so your boy edges on that! tongue

Did Keano play in the Serie A? So why should you list the scudetto, especially when Keano didn't even compete in Italy?

This is about the head-to-head laurels both players garnered when they played in the same league and ofcourse your Viera came absolutely short!

But why have we all turned this to Laurels Vs Laurels. . . Is it not, who is the most monstrous? Even the dead souls in Atan cemetry know that Keano was a menace to his teammates and a deity in the eyes of his opponents. Which EPL player dared tackled Keano ROUGHLY even on their home ground?

I recall how Keano instilled disciplined at Carrington!. When Keano enters carrington and the dressing room, you hear a pin-drop graveyard silence with all banters, noise, music ending and everyone dispersing even without Keano saying "pim"  grin grin grin.

Keano was just an Orisa! even more feared than Ayilara and Ogun combined!  grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 2:29am On Dec 05, 2008
@Sauron
What can i say?I had to fight dirty

@rikkyjen
I know Keane won more stuff for club (Man Utd) thats not the debate here but how about country? all around who was the more successful player? there is only one answer Paddy V
And back to who is the scarier i think your dressing room was filled with movie stars and lily livered twerps tell me who Keane would have bullied in the Arsenal dressing room? is it Campbell? Vieira or an eleran like Keown how about area boys like Lauren and a kolomentalist like Jens Lehmann
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 2:40am On Dec 05, 2008
Vieira won the world cup but not as a regular maybe as a squad player!!!! Vieira was on the same level with Diomede and those 3rd grade player.

The only game he started was an inconsequential 3rd game against Denmark when France fielded their reserves!!!!

In world cup terms Viera is on the same level wth Diomede, Alain Borghossian and Bernard Lama
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 2:57am On Dec 05, 2008
Go and remove the medal from his neck grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 6:52am On Dec 05, 2008
So we should accept the words of a neutral 'fan' like DK?

Sharon you must've taken leave of your senses - If a Bayern player said Azeezat was hotter than Halle Berry, DK would believe hook line and sinker, how can you even compare?

This nitwit called DK said Vieira was a nobody outside of France and Arsenal, yet he won a world cup, confederations cup, and won a league title in another country Juventus. What a muppet!

What is the 'reference point'? How did Vieira 'recoil' like a snake when he scored the winning penalty? Please explain the recoiling or the major battle that occurred in the game. Demented scumtwats come with their fairy tales. How did Vieira 'show fear' when his team went on to clinch the title at OT?

Someone can be as asinine to claim that 'no one dared tackle Keane'? Are scumtwats really this dimwitted to believe such twaddle?

See all of them nodding like retarded agama lizards - true talk, true talk, true talk. Nitwits United.

grin grin grin u don kolo

Go and remove the medal from his neck

grin

Dayo
wetin do ma siggy? no go blind urself o

Mukina
shey u don see say ur Adams is a candidate for sack?
i told u yesterday and pls watch this space cos it will happen soon

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (98)

Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 / Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! / Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.