Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,651 members, 7,851,223 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:20 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (63983 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 7:58am On Dec 05, 2008
@Sharon,

I am waiting for your Post Mortem on the current holder of the oldest cup competition in the world : The English FA cup

Portsmouth who defeated Man Utd last season as they were unceremoniously bundled out by Wolfsburg.

Hint Wolfsburg is 8th in Bundesliga and Portsmouth is 8th in the EPL. Wolves Misimovic can even afford to throw away a penalty
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by rayshiy: 12:41pm On Dec 05, 2008
Saturday, December 6, 2008 Time Home Away VENUE
12:45 UK Fulham v Manchester City Craven Cottage [size=8pt][/size]
15:00 UK Hull City v Middlesbrough Kingston Communications Stadium
15:00 UK Arsenal v Wigan Athletic Emirates Stadium
15:00 UK Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool Ewood Park
15:00 UK Bolton Wanderers v Chelsea Reebok Stadium
15:00 UK Newcastle United v Stoke City St James` Park
17:30 UK Manchester United v Sunderland Old Trafford
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Time Home Away VENUE
15:00 UK West Bromwich Albion v Portsmouth The Hawthorns
16:00 UK Everton v Aston Villa Goodison Park
Monday, December 8, 2008
Time Home Away VENUE
20:00 UK West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur Upton Park
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2008
DDK
Does it make Wolfsburg a better side?
Hamburg has beaten Bayern at home this season, has it Hamburg batter than Bayern?
Come save people this hogwash, Portsmouth lost a quality coach in HR and are still recovering over that tongue tongue
Moreover, Tony Adams has practically no experience with European football so whats the In in the win?
And to think the game was even played on Nazi land

The aston villa game was even more embarassing embarassed embarassed
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 05, 2008
@Emperoh,
I think Dayo is saying that the UEFA Cup,rather than the champions League,is actually a better measure of the depth of a league.
The FA Cup winners in England can't win a game in Europe.
And while you might have a point about Adams(the next manager to be sacked),truth is,it's still Harry's squad.

Personally,aside from the Big Four seriously flexing their muscles in the CL,England has no other team to do the biz in Europe.My view.
Spurs,City and Villa willall fall by the way side,sooner or later,with none getting to the latter stages.

I've always thought the only selling point of the Prem is the big Four.Really I can't see any attraction elsewhere.The gulf in class is so much.It's everywhere,though.What do you think?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 2:01pm On Dec 05, 2008
@Emperoh,
I think Dayo is saying that the UEFA Cup,rather than the champions League,is actually a better measure of the depth of a league.
The FA Cup winners in England can't win a game in Europe.
And while you might have a point about Adams(the next manager to be sacked),truth is,it's still Harry's squad.

Personally,aside from the Big Four seriously flexing their muscles in the CL,England has no other team to do the biz in Europe.My view.
Spurs,City and Villa willall fall by the way side,sooner or later,with none getting to the latter stages.

I've always thought the only selling point of the Prem is the big Four.Really I can't see any attraction elsewhere.The gulf in class is so much.It's everywhere,though.What do you think?

Exactly my point all these while!!!!

You cant use the fortunes of the Big teams to measure the strenght of a league

The middle class would be the only fair set to use not the super rich. The richest Man in Nigeria might be better than the richest Dutch man but the life of the average citizen is what counts. Russia is a good example where they have a few super rich and a lot wallowing in poverty so It would be OK to use the standard of Abramovich to judge the whole country?.

Back to footie. If the holder of the FA cup in England can not win a game even against the likes of Braga and Wolfsburg who can they now stand up to? Actually Braga defeated Harry Redknapps side 3-0 on Matchday one Braga is also 7th in the Portuguese league. If Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal can kill Porto/Inter Milan/Barcelona and Portsmouth/Tottenham/Bolton can not beat the likes Braga/ Setubal/ Malaga/Udinese/Wolfsburg.

So that rubbishes the best league argument until EPL teams can hold theor own and dominate all UEFA club competitions like Germany in 1997, Spain in 2006, and Italy in the mid 1990's we can not crown them the Undisputed bes league in the world.

@ Easybay,
The gulf in class is so wide in every league but the middle teams in the other leagues still manage to compete well in Europe
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 3:30pm On Dec 05, 2008
In 2006 Middlesborough contested in the UEFA cup with but unfortunately lost
The gap doesn't mean anything and i dare say that its not a case of the players but managers
English mid class teams have the quality but most of their managers are not experienced enough to handle european games

Like Fergie must have learnt, its not the way you play in England that you play in Europe and as such they fail to get it
I don't believe their is much gap. The EPL is still where the money, ovation and publicity is
And i bet you, the result will start manifesting before you know it.
Don't write off Villa and Tottenham just yet. . . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2008
You claim managers of the mid table teams are not experienced where did the coaches of Sevilla, Braga, Udinese, Stuttgart get their experiences from? These coaches would be as naive as Tony Adams and co.

We have matthias Sammer, Rudi Voller, Jurgen Klinsmann as coaches which experiences do they have
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2008
dayokanu:

@Sharon,

I am waiting for your Post Mortem on the current holder of the oldest cup competition in the world : The English FA cup

Portsmouth who defeated Man Utd last season as they were unceremoniously bundled out by Wolfsburg.

Hint Wolfsburg is 8th in Bundesliga and Portsmouth is 8th in the EPL. Wolves Misimovic can even afford to throw away a penalty

This is preposterous!!!

Pompey defeated Man Utd in a one-off game. . . . .
Since that game, go and count the number of times United have beaten Pompey. . . .
At Fratton Park, Wembley and even in Abuja. . . . . . Does that make Pompey the best team in the Premiership?
Tottenham spanked Chelsea to win the Carling Cup. . . . .If we go by your theory, Tottenham is the best team in England??
Puhleeeeeeeaze. . . . . . .hold your horses on Wolfsburg. . . .
Pompey did not go through because of the previous results they have copped. . . . . Stop making it sound like Wolfsburg eliminated em.

P.S. I heard u are still hurting and crying about the Ballon d'Or. . . . . . .
It's so funny and hilarious that all your campaign for Casillas, Xavi, Messi, Senna and Podolski came to nowt!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2008
Portsmouth lost to Braga 3-0, Wolfsburg beat Braga 3-2 in Portugal where Pompey was pummeled

Wolfsburg yesterday put the final nail in the coffin despite having qualified themselves

A mid table team in Germany eliminated a mid table EPL team so much for the best league

Or what do ou say about this Aston 1 Zilina 2
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:34pm On Dec 05, 2008
dayokanu:

Portsmouth lost to Braga 3-0, Wolfsburg beat Braga 3-2 in Portugal where Pompey was pummeled

Wolfsburg yesterday put the final nail in the coffin despite having qualified themselves

A mid table team in Germany eliminated a mid table EPL team so much for the best league

Or what do ou say about this Aston 1 Zilina 2

Aston Villa already qualified and they had 10 changes on the pitch.
Zilna played Villa's team B. . . . .Martin O Neill was keeping an eye on the game this weekend.
Jeeez. . . . .It's like counting Macabi Haifa's 3-0 win against United some seasons ago to measure the strength of league.
Villa, Man City, Tottenham would whup mid-table teams in Germany, France and Italy.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Dec 05, 2008
Portsmouth is 8th in the table and ahead of Man City and Tottenham yet they could only manage 0 points from other mid table teams Braga and Wolfsburg from the supposedly lower leagues.

Udinese a mid table team anhliated Tottenham some weeks back.

Should villa be losing to a team like Zilina? under any pretext? I have never heard the name Zilina till this season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 6:16pm On Dec 05, 2008
Portsmouth is 8th in the table and ahead of Man City and Tottenham yet they could only manage 0 points from other mid table teams Braga and Wolfsburg from the supposedly lower leagues.

Udinese a mid table team anhliated Tottenham some weeks back.
Should villa be losing to a team like Zilina? under any pretext? I have never heard the name Zilina till this season.
what position is spurs?
u think they are in top 5 or what?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 6:52pm On Dec 05, 2008
@tkb
Are you minding dayo? Spurs where bottom of the league when they lost to Udinese!

B.T.W.:Are you Nairaland's R.Kelly or are you just undergoing smurfmania this one wey you change your siggy of over one year so! men it has really got me wondering  grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 7:01pm On Dec 05, 2008
A-40:

@tkb
Are you minding dayo? Spurs where bottom of the league when they lost to Udinese!

B.T.W.:Are you Nairaland's R.Kelly or are you just undergoing smurfmania this one wey you change your siggy of over one year so! men it has really got me wondering grin grin

40 Boi
Go check Smurf's siggy
I think it read something like tk something cheesy cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 7:02pm On Dec 05, 2008
@tkb

B.T.W.:Are you Nairaland's R.Kelly or are you just undergoing smurfmania this one wey you change your siggy of over one year so! men it has really got me wondering  

rflmao!!!!!
NL's R-kelly
this ur mouth no go kill u. Not what u think bruv. By the way, do u know ma age?
im just a lil older than u 40boi. im still in Town.
Didnt u see Debo n Doyin the confirmed agbalagba amongst us trying to snatch the babe from me.
That is just to scare dem finally.
If this doesnt work, then ill look at another strategy grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 7:08pm On Dec 05, 2008
Portsmouth is mid table and they could only get 1 point from 3 games 0 against other mid table like Braga and Wolfsburg
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 7:22pm On Dec 05, 2008
Emperoh:

40 Boi
Go check Smurf's siggy
I think it read something like tk something cheesy cheesy
I just checked it now its hilarious but seriously i was suprised he had been using that siggy since 07 an encounter with smurf and he changed it in a flash

tkb417:

rflmao!!!!!
NL's R-kelly
this ur mouth no go kill u. Not what u think bruv. By the way, do u know ma age?
I'm just a little older than u 40boi. I'm still in Town.
Didnt u see Debo n Doyin the confirmed agbalagba amongst us trying to snatch the babe from me.
That is just to scare them finally.
If this doesnt work, then ill look at another strategy grin
Abi now when your siggy change overnight i was suprised.I no know your age but your interview says late 20's so i am working out 26 to 30.Na una sabi make una just take am easy for the girl ehn some of una reach for the girl to call uncle grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2008
Tkb
No just count yourself out of the agbalagbas
na you do pass and i know Debo and Doyin are still fighting
Not to worry, she has already identified with ya. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 8:42pm On Dec 05, 2008
Ooch that is gonna hurt! cheesy

EVRA has been banned for four matches and fined 15000quid for the fracas with Sam Bethell, at Stamford Bridge last season!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by mukina2: 8:50pm On Dec 05, 2008
MrCrackles:

Ooch that is going to hurt! cheesy

EVRA has been banned for four matches and fined 15000quid for the fracas with Sam Bethell, at Stamford Bridge last season!!! grin grin grin grin

Brash!!!!! grin

A40
hahahahahahahahahaha Nl's r kelly grin grin grin grin grin grin
;Dahahahahaha una nor well
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2008
The FA banning Evra for 4 matches is an unfair decision as far as am concerned.
I just hope racism will be kicked out of football once and for all.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 12:18am On Dec 06, 2008
ndumart:

The FA banning Evra for 4 matches is an unfair decision as far as am concerned.
I just hope racism will be kicked out of football once and for all.

He couldn't have copped the ban at a better time. . . . . . . .

The games he would miss are nonsense games. 2 Carling cup games(Derby or Spurs), 1 FA cup tie(Southampton) and Middlesboro(Premiership).
I doubt he was going to feature in those games bar Middlesboro before the ban so it ain't catastrophic.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2008
Carling Cup S/final fixtures.

Derby County versus Man Utd(January 5)

Man Utd versus Derby County(January 19).

This is going to be a CAKEWALK for Man Utd. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2008
~Sauron~:

Carling Cup S/final fixtures.

Derby County versus Man Utd(January 5)

Man Utd versus Derby County(January 19).

This is going to be a CAKEWALK for Man Utd. grin

Looks like one but you never can tell
Remember Chelsea v Burnley? We knew what we all thought. . . . .
But what was the end result? Footie has way of being funny
But given what the guys played on Wednesday night, I expect a whitewash.
Sauron, am just not being too sure. . ,

TKB
Where are you at?
Where you at TBS yesterday night?
We had a total Experience yesterday till tis morning
Got whitewashed by the rain grin grin grin embarassed embarassed embarassed

Am still with the cold cry cry cry
What are the predictions?

Man U 4 - 0 SUnderland
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:21pm On Dec 06, 2008
Emperoh:

Looks like one but you never can tell
Remember Chelsea v Burnley? We knew what we all thought. . . . .
But what was the end result? Footie has way of being funny
But given what the guys played on Wednesday night, I expect a whitewash.
Sauron, am just not being too sure. . ,

This is going to be a 2-leg tie. . . . .Home and Away.
How can Derby beat Man Utd either way??
The aggregate is going to be like 8-0.
Mark me words!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 5:40pm On Dec 06, 2008
Evra multi-banned? That's so depressing sad

And being heavily fined too is so unfair angry This beef for our club/ players is becoming something else.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by mukina2: 5:42pm On Dec 06, 2008
Cristalz:

Evra multi-banned? That's so depressing sad

And being heavily fined too is so unfair angry This beef for our club/ players is becoming something else.

be happy grin tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2008
Spoken like a true Arse grin tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by mukina2: 5:50pm On Dec 06, 2008
the Fa was lenient na grin be happy and accept it in good faith sad grin grin grin tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2008
VDS

Rafael----Rio--Vidic-----Evra

Ronaldo-Fletcher-Carrick-Park

Berbatov-Rooney

Subs: PIG, Neville, Evans, Anderson, Giggs, Nani, Tevez
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by mukina2: 5:58pm On Dec 06, 2008
~Sauron~:

VDS

Rafael----Rio--Vidic-----Evra

Ronaldo-Fletcher-Carrick-Park

Berbatov-Rooney

Subs: PIG, Neville, Evans, Anderson, Giggs, Nani, Tevez

chei!! who be pig again oh grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2008
mukina2:

chei!! who be pig again oh grin cheesy

KitKat is known as the PIG. . . . .Can't u see the shape of his face?

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (98)

Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 / Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! / Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.