Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (63401 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by slimghost(m): 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2008
@sauron
i dont want to get into a heated argument wiv you over this, but if u will tell urself the truth, then you shuld know that ur beloved Ronaldo nearly signed 4 madrid if not 4 SAFs staunch resistance. His dad and brother confirmed that nuffin would stop him 4rm being a galacticos bacause thats where his heart was[is]. We all love him, but he nearly betrayed that love.
Is Trez an italian?, is Kaka an italian, is Eto a spaniard, dude please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 4:53pm On Nov 21, 2008
slimghost:

@sauron
i don't want to get into a heated argument with you over this, but if u will tell yourself the truth, then you shuld know that ur beloved Ronaldo nearly signed 4 madrid if not 4 SAFs staunch resistance. His dad and brother confirmed that nuffin would stop him from being a galacticos bacause thats where his heart was[is]. We all love him, but he nearly betrayed that love.
Is Trez an italian?, is Kaka an italian, is Eto a spaniard, dude please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ slimghost

How has all what you have said translated to what is happening on the field of play today. Ronaldo missed 2 months and he has 9 goals, what else do you want from him, if he was all about leg overs without scoring which is the main essence of the game then blame him for fancy football and not being effective, not for the fact that he desires to play for another team.

Everyone has moved on, about what happened during the break, but a certain Eastbay is still dwlling in the forgotten past, even, OT faithfulls have forgotten bout the incidence and moved on but he is here ranting about Ronaldo being a Judas.

I wonder what Eastbay would do when he scores, or when he continues to bail us out from a tight positionUNITED 0-1 down against WBA with extra time and he scores twice

We all know the guy wants to play for REAL, but Fergie will let him go when we are done with him, (remember, UNITED pays him for the job) so its symbiotic for now.

We as UNITED fan didn't like what happened during the break but, we've moved on, i suggest you do same.

Cant he forgive his babe if she flirts with another guy grin shocked tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2008
slimghost:

@sauron
i don't want to get into a heated argument with you over this, but if u will tell yourself the truth, then you shuld know that ur beloved Ronaldo nearly signed 4 madrid if not 4 SAFs staunch resistance. His dad and brother confirmed that nuffin would stop him from being a galacticos bacause thats where his heart was[is]. We all love him, but he  nearly betrayed that love.

So what is so wrong with Ronaldo signing for Madrid??
Did u SCREAM betrayal when Ferguson signed Ronaldo from Sporting Lisbon or when SAF signed Rooney from Everton??
Footballers are hired professionals. . . . . .There's no LAW in the book that says Ronaldo must end his career at Man Utd.
Only idiots would feel that way. . . . . .When u were young, u had an ambition to become something in life.
Ronaldo nursed the ambition to play for REAL MADRID when he was growing up. . . .I don't see anything wrong in him following his dreams.

If he was an Iscariot. . . . .He woulda left after the spat with Rooney at the world cup. . . .English fans threatened to KILL HIM then.
He was brave, he came back to the Premiership and proved his worth. . . .won the title for Man Utd and was the PFA player.
Blimey. . . . .he repeated the same feat again and HE IS STILL WITH MAN UTD.
U guys should look forward and stop living in the past. . . . .Ronaldo this, Ronaldo that.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2008
Eastbay:

And I'll say it again.
Emperoh,Again I'm not forcing my views on anyone.Fromwhere I see it,I can't believe we still stick up for a guy who was ready to leave us.
Besides, as I once said,even if he wants to realise his dream,there is a proper way to do it.He coould have been man enough to tell us in clear terms he wanted out.

You want to talk about throwing away loyalty.Ask why Spurs fans will never forgive Sol Campbell for moving to Arsenal.Then you'll know that even when he goes to Swansea City,Spurs fans will boo him everywhere he goes.I'm not saying it's right.But you get an idea of how people feel.
Maybe if he was still at Spurs, he coulda won just the Carling cup. shocked shocked Yes cs that's the only thing Spur has won.
My dear, Loyalty has nothing to do with dreams.
I bet you will remain an under achiever just because you want to prove that you are loyal right?
Drop this argument and name calling with Sauron. Its will only create butterness between us.
Your criticism will change nada.
CR7 has been performing this season. You will also acknowledge the fact that the Media blew it out of proportion.

Pray tell me when Ronaldo said he was leaving Man U thru all these saga?
Berba left Spurs the way he did because they didn't want to let him go and HE WANTED TO LEAVE
Same goes with Campbell.

Pls lets drop this argument and cos i know you are very critical of Man U and its players.
I wonder whether thats what makes you a better fan. . . . . .  tongue tongue tongue

Where are ma peep Criz, Tkb Nya and Chamo?

Pls who knows what happened to Sir Darefestus
The only knight and protector of this Thread. .  .  shocked shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by bussyankee(m): 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2008
Emperor, just to correct your other post that aside from FA cup that CR7 has won all other trophies. Ronaldo has won for manu all the the trophies in england including the FA cup against Millwall in 2004, he even scored in the final match.
The guy will emerge a United hero and legend in as much he listened to Sir and stay some more years in united afterall bryan robson tried to leave united along the line in his career but after good advice from fergy, he stayed, the rest they say is history, He is now a united global ambassador.
With the way, ronaldo his playing, all the not coming out quick to deny real bid will soon be forgiven and a true legend will emerge out of ronaldo.
cheers
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2008
My fellow manc i am back.

Thank God for the day so sweet.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2008
bussyankee:

Emperor, just to correct your other post that aside from FA cup that CR7 has won all other trophies. Ronaldo has won  for manu all the the trophies in england including the FA cup against Millwall in 2004, he even scored in the final match.
The guy will emerge a United hero and legend in as much he listened to Sir and stay some more years in united afterall bryan robson tried to leave united along the line in his career but after good advice from fergy, he stayed, the rest they say is history, He is now a united global ambassador.
With the way, ronaldo his playing, all the not coming out quick to deny real bid will soon be forgiven and a true legend will emerge out of ronaldo.
cheers

Ronaldo is already a LEGEND. . . . . .No question about that and there's still room for improvement.
I saw his interview where he mentioned he was prompted to move to Real Madrid because he felt he has won everything winnable in the EPL.
Carling Cup, Community Shield, Premiership, FA Cup, Champions League, Barclays Player of the Year, EPL Golden boot, UCL Golden boot.
What else is there to win that this boy hasn't won. . . . . .He is by far the best player that has ever played in this league.
There's no player in FOOTBALL history that won the golden boots in Europe/domestic league and STILL WENT ON to win both titles in the same season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2008
DF
Where you go?
Oya notify Tgirl of ya presence and do what others have been doing

Bussy
My bad. Thanks for the correction
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2008
Hope y'all havent snatched my Tgirl from my hand

I have sent her a reply to one of her posts

Hope she recieves it.

But if she doesnt pls tell her i was here today.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 6:20pm On Nov 21, 2008
Darefestus sweery kiss

Where you been? Exams? We missed you oh, especially 'em gaynners grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 6:58pm On Nov 21, 2008
As far as that Eastbay boy is conerned, you just have to crucify
Ronnie to show you love United.

He talked about him not denying when he was interviewed by
ESPN. For pete's sake, how many times does he want to hear
that he said he wished at a stage that Fergie should accept
Reals proposal.

What if the stage he wished for that was when ESPN interviewed
him. That means it was a credit to him for keeping calm. And if
you know Ronaldo well, he always says Nobody Knows Tomorrow.

Today, he still says he doesnt know his future. Does that mean
he's still insulting United?

He keeps saying he cannot promise his mum, the manager, the
fans and whoever about what will happen tomorrow. It takes
a strong person to admit that in public.

Fergie met with him in the summer and he told Fergie he was
staying. What else do you want? Change his name to Manchester?

There was nothing to deny. Real were all over the media that
they want to buy Ronnie that they would pay and all that. No
bid, no nothing. Ronnie did not ask for a tranfer request so what
is there to deny.

Real were making noise through marca. They said he would be
theri player by July 7th. Where is he now?

Fergie will not take insults and he did not feel he insulted United
yet Eastbay felt insulted because of marca's antics.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2008
slimghost:

i don't want to get into a heated argument with you over this, but if u will tell yourself the truth, then you shuld know that ur beloved Ronaldo nearly signed 4 madrid if not 4 SAFs staunch resistance. His dad and brother confirmed that nuffin would stop him from being a galacticos bacause thats where his heart was[is]. We all love him, but he nearly betrayed that love.

Maybe nearly means different things to us. He nearly signed
for Real? Are you kidding?

No bid. . . No transfer request. . .

Does that sound like nearly to you?

Its because of peope like you that Real's antic still work. You
just gulp down every headline you see.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2008
akinalabi:

Maybe nearly means different things to us. He nearly signed
for Real? Are you kidding?

No bid. . . No transfer request. . .

Does that sound like nearly to you?

Its because of peope like you that Real's antic still work. You
just gulp down every headline you see.

They are villagers!!!!

Ronaldo never sent a transfer request to Ferguson.
No bid was made. . . . .Calderon tried to contact David Gill twice and Gill told Real Madrid: NO SALE.
While Marca was throwing tantrums in Spain, Ferguson was on vacation and he refused to speak to the media about Ronaldo.
Ronaldo's mum and sister came out to say RONALDO WILL STAY at OT but some moronic United fans chose to believe rubbish they read.

Moving on. . . . . .

Rio is facing late fitness same as Rooney.
Wes Brown is out for 4-5 weeks(he had an ankle surgery recently).
Ferguson is yet to assess Nani, Anderson and Ronaldo as they came in late last night.
Manucho is not travelling with the team to Villa as Angola played in Venzuela. . . .Fergie said he hopes Manucho returns in the next 9 mths. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 7:22pm On Nov 21, 2008
This eastbay has been shagging Dayokanu
hes a retard by all standards!!!

Ronaldo this, Ronaldo that wtf?
cos of what u read in the papers?

as at today, hes our highest goal scorer and our best performer. so whats the fuss about what happened last season?
and what if he wanted to go to real? didnt he leave his hometown lisbon to come to UTD?
judging from what westbay is saying, the lisbon people should castrate him for leaving Lisbon for UTD or what?

this guy is an slowpoke
do u think ronaldo will die with us?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by slimghost(m): 9:23pm On Nov 21, 2008
@sauron
use your head bro and stop yapping like a puppy. honestly, i am a Ronaldo fanatic but he really surprised me over the summer.

Nobody said having aspirations and ambitions is a crime, but you have to be man enuf to achieve that. Berbatov made it clear 4rm the onset that he wanted to leave spurs and maintained his stance till he got what he wanted. Ronaldo never came out to confirm or debunk the rumours, instead he made his family his mouthpiece.After Euro 2008, he opened his mouth to say that he wasnt sure whether he would return to manchester united. Now, instead of working on summer signings and pre season, SAF nearly spent the whole summer practically begging and lobbying Ronaldo to stay.(if he never meant to leave, why did he admit to being unsure about what reception he will get in the game against Villareal?) why? why did SAF beg the supporters not to boo him?

Now, dont get it twisted, Ronaldo is my all time favourite but we all know that he got it all wrong during the summer. Enuf said pls.

Lets move our attention to the Villa game. No Rooney, No Berbs. how far?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 9:47pm On Nov 21, 2008
slimghost:

@sauron
use your head bro and stop yapping like a puppy. honestly, i am a Ronaldo fanatic but he really surprised me over the summer.

I think you should stop bleating like a Billy Goat.
Ronaldo did nuthing during the summer. . . . . . .He never went to any TV station/Radio station to say HE WANTS TO LEAVE MAN UTD.
Blimey, Ronaldo didn't even throw in a transfer request. He did not refuse to play for Man Utd.
How can u compare that to what Berbatov did?

Lets move our attention to the Villa game. No Rooney, No Berbs. how far?

Rooney has been passed fit. . . . . Rio would face late fitness.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 6:54am On Nov 22, 2008
Ronaldo is a Big game Flop. cest fini How can the "best player in the world be outclassed in Games against Brazil, Germany, Italy and France?
No one needs a superstar to play Hull City, Kazakhstan and Fulham The Chris Eagles and Fletcher of this world can handle that. Teams need Big players for Big games like against AC Milan, barca, Germany, Italy and co

In the game against Brazil he wanted to intentionally break the Brazilian defenders leg and Held Marcelo by the throat

Silva The 24-year old Fluminense centre back is quoted by the Daily Mail as saying: "He [Cristiano Ronaldo] has the cheek to say I jumped over his tackle. But if I did not jump he would have broken my leg.

The Portuguese press have been critical of the anonymous Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldive is a disgrace. The most overrated diving, sulking, disloyal, kicking, prostitute using, strangeling disgrace ever to play the game. Messi is a superster. Ronaldive is scum. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by kaypumpin2(m): 11:49am On Nov 22, 2008
Guess this a season for ressurection!

Darefestus where have u been?

Welcome back man!
dayokanu:

Ronaldo is a Big game Flop. cest fini How can the "best player in the world be outclassed in Games against Brazil, Germany, Italy and France?
No one needs a superstar to play Hull City, Kazakhstan and Fulham The Chris Eagles and Fletcher of this world can handle that. Teams need Big players for Big games like against AC Milan, barca, Germany, Italy and co

In the game against Brazil he wanted to intentionally break the Brazilian defenders leg and Held Marcelo by the throat

Cristiano Ronaldive is a disgrace. The most overrated diving, sulking, disloyal, kicking, prostitute using, strangeling disgrace ever to play the game. Messi is a superster. Ronaldive is scum. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is the funniest piece and drivel have read in a while.I have a simple question though,if you win your so called "classics" of a match and fail to win against the so called small teams,guess you will still a champion init?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by bussyankee(m): 11:58am On Nov 22, 2008
Now that Sir Alex two matches touch line ban starts today,
i hope mike phelan can hold forth for the gaffer, so that we dont suffer the same fate like last season when we dropped point during the same scenario,
as we can not afford to do same now not when we are a bit behind pool and chelsea.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by bussyankee(m): 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2008
"MADRID (AFP) – Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez will be a Real Madrid player next season, the Marca sports daily reported on Friday.

"Tevez said 'yes' to Madrid, for next season," claimed the newspaper which added that a deal between Real and the Argentine international has already been signed.

Real are desperate for reinforcements having seen Dutch striker Ruud Van Nistelrooy ruled out for at least six months with a right knee injury suffered in the Champions League defeat to Juventus in October.

Real are fourth in La Liga, five points behind leaders Barcelona."

This marca people have started again. They couldnt succeed with ronaldo, now is tevez turn.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 3:35pm On Nov 22, 2008
dayokanu:

Messi spat on a player some few weeks back. . . . .Zidane headbutted someone in a world cup final.
U are a Arrow.

The words of a zany-acting maniac.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2008
Jobless haters.  .  .from Rooney to Scholes to Rio to Ronaldo.  .  .guess Berba is next tongue grin

Mancs how una dey joh.  .  .hope everybody's weekend is going smoothly kiss
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 3:57pm On Nov 22, 2008
Cristalz:

Jobless haters.  .  .from Rooney to Scholes to Rio to Ronaldo.  .  .guess Berba is next tongue grin

Mancs how una dey joh.  .  .hope everybody's weekend is going smoothly kiss

Jealous ones still envy.
United won the European Double last season and Ronaldo is about to walk away with the Ballon d'Or and FIFA world player of the year.
I would be jealous too if i were in DayoNazi's shoes.
He is starting to swallow his pride. Whatz more?? Germany got beaten again on their own soil. grin cheesy
All these issues are enough to make DayoNazi act like a woman on her PMS.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2008
Na wa o! Where did our thread goooo!!!
And now in-fighting. Hey guys what's up? shocked Anyway I feel for both sides.

Ronaldo? Any astute football watcher would have known that Ronaldo would not have gone last season(Real never really forced Fergie's hands except through their tabloid. Reminds me of the Nigerian IG outlawing checkpoints on the pages of newspapers without a SIGNAL to Commands to the effect)

1.Real's approach was lousy and big clubs ALWAYS do so with (comparatively)smaller clubs  angry
2.Fergie stood up to match Real proving with Scottish stubborness that "we are equally big" cool
3.Ronaldo COULD HAVE HANDLED the whole saga BETTER. He appeared to give some fans the impression that he WANTED to force United's hand in the matter. Nothing bad if you no longer want to play for us but you could be a true legend even when you exit if it's done honourably. If Ronny had gone last season fans might have been divided on where to place him . Eventually though they will probably remember his goals and the fact that he never REALLY said anything bad about the club and forgive him. Like they did in his first game this season .

And he has tried to start repaying them for that kindness. Let's allow him.  cool

WAN UNITED cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 4:22pm On Nov 22, 2008
Hey, he did arrest 7 police officers he surprised at a checkpoint earlier this week.  .  .confiscated their weapons too.  .  . grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:43pm On Nov 22, 2008
Van Der Sar

O'Shea       Ferdinand       Vidic        Evra

Ronaldo       Carrick       Giggs           Park

Rooney          Tevez
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 5:47pm On Nov 22, 2008
Back to the old ways I see.

Wish we had Ando in there instead of Giggs tho. . .Giggs can come in later.

Who are the subs Sauron?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 6:00pm On Nov 22, 2008
PIG, Rafael, Anderson, Nani, Evans, Gibson, Welbeck.

With Arsenal LOSING, Chelsea & Liverpool DRAWING. . . . .We should make it count tonight.
Beat Villa and we move closer to those TWATS.
Game on.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 6:07pm On Nov 22, 2008
Come On You REDS!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 6:12pm On Nov 22, 2008
I like the bench very much. . .Fergie will put in the younger firepower if the old guys mess up. Nice. Only problem now is how long he will let them mess up for. . .he has a habit of leaving necessary subs till its too late to change anything.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 6:17pm On Nov 22, 2008
Cristalz:

I like the bench very much. . .Fergie will put in the younger firepower if the old guys mess up. Nice. Only problem now is how long he will let them mess up for. . .he has a habit of leaving necessary subs till its too late to change anything.

The Brazil V Portugal game forced Ferguson's hands to start GIGGSY.
All these boring internationals should be played in the summer.
I hope GIGGSY behaves himself in the middle or else. . . . . .
Cannot understand why Fletcher didn't get a start.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tubabie(f): 6:17pm On Nov 22, 2008
HIYA REDS! Howz the weekend going?
Am happy RIOand ROONEY are back.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (98)

Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 / Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? / Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.