Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,595 members, 7,851,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:04 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (63977 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 10:49pm On Jan 11, 2009
Messi is a very good footballer.

Oh! We may play against Barcelona again if we can drop Inter Milan.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by superstar1(m): 10:57pm On Jan 11, 2009
@ nazzyon

i believe JM left OT more confused and bewildered at performance of Man U.
SAF gambled and shocked everyone by playing Giggs and Fletcher ahead of carrick,scholes and anderson.
that was the joker of the game ---- suprise element
JM will have to have 8-10 plans in stock if his team wants to have a decent chance against united.
he will have to play out United diverse midfield combo.
but the bad news is that he does not have the resources to deal with those possible midfield scenerios
the last tym JM played against Man U, he played against EPL champion, now he will be playing against world champs,
The Devil will definately paint him and his team red at the pit OT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 1:17am On Jan 12, 2009
I ain't a Utd fan but anyone that watches ESPN Classic would probably be laughing his ass off because they kept showing old matches of Chelsea thrashing Utd right from 99 to 04 to 06 earlier in the week
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 7:19am On Jan 12, 2009
40boi
how u dey? heared stuffs but would have called u or sumfn but didnt have ur digits. ill probably holla u on YIM
takia

Mancs

heyyyy , what a day. was drunk again last nite after the destruction of Scolaris reputation. What a game!!!
Park!!!! that guy is the bomb!, Evra was superb, Giggs marvelous

even Oshea and gary were excellent!!

what did Mourinho take back? NOTHING!!!!
San Siro will be set ablaze!!

we are the champions!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by smurf1(f): 7:21am On Jan 12, 2009
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We really are da CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!! wink cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 7:25am On Jan 12, 2009
u can say that again babes kiss
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by smurf1(f): 7:28am On Jan 12, 2009
We in it together Hun, so we celebrating like rock stars as well, abbi? kiss

We gave them 3 zippp!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked

Outstanding victory might i add,  wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 7:31am On Jan 12, 2009
@Tkb,
Sharap!!!!!!

Those Scolari wards played like feeble idiots. Like Grannies.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 7:33am On Jan 12, 2009
Dayo
Scolari should go back to Portugal cos i want my CQ back
the guy and his players were clueless. even Derby woulda done better
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 12, 2009
Dayo,
Chelsea had no answer to our play.It's that simple.If that game was played ten times over,nothing would change.

Well,I'm a bit with egg on my face.Giggs was magnificent.He may not be the giggs of yesteryear,but maybe he comes good in games like these.
Even Berbatov's linkplay was outstanding.Chelsea again were clueless on how to handle him dropping off and allowing Rooney to carry the attacking threat.
The whole team (minus Van Der Sar-wasn't forced to make a decent save:it was that good)was excellent.
Gary did well after starting slowly.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 12, 2009
Hey y'all,
EVERYBODY was man of the match.

Vidic,Park,Giggs,Evra,even Ronaldo,Berbatov,Rooney.
Fletcher in the middle was a coup.He did well.

Even Carrick came in and did the damage.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 8:46am On Jan 12, 2009
Men
I an still at a loss on what to call the formation fergie used yesterday
I was still fuming on the lightweight midfield he used when these guys began to bully them
Ballack, Lampard, Deco, Mikel.

It was as if it gonna be a stalemate. but just at the nick of time, like last season, we struck
And also a head again. Just that last time it was Tevez.

A word for the chavs, you don't do passing game like the Gaynners if you have no creativity
With all the possession, they couldn't open us up. Sexy football my foot
They had the players but formation did them in

Chelsea looks more dangerous with their 'direct at you approach' kind of football
We saw a team bereft of what do to with the ball.

Mancs
What was all that gesticulation from Tevez for?
He was warming up and picking and pushing his Man U badge
That guy just gotta cool it menn.
I hope he doesn't got to Argentina to mouth another round of hogwash.
Really got pissed with him the last time.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 9:04am On Jan 12, 2009
Mancs
What was all that gesticulation from Tevez for?
He was warming up and picking and pushing his Manchester United badge
That guy just gotta cool it menn.
[b]I hope he doesn't got to Argentina to mouth another round of hogwash.
Really got pissed with him the last time.[/[/b]quote]

u got pissed because he was kissing the badge shocked
that probably was a way of telling OT faithfulls hes going nowhere.
UTD till he retires to Argentina
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 9:17am On Jan 12, 2009
Great victory guys.
Might signal the beginning of another great run as the ripple effect can only be positive. cool

We must accept that the midfield formation was a risk(some risk)and might not have worked if (Ballack/Cole) were in the game  grin In addition , Chelsea did not know what to do with the ball with all of the possession they had. Possession on its own has never won any football game , ever. A lot of Chelsea fans were happy to see stats of 75-25 possession for Chelsea but United looked the more likely to score whenever we had the ball. VDS did not make any decent save throughout the match

Now everyone is scared. A news report called it an OMINOUS WIN grin

@Emperoh/tkb,
I noticed it as well. I dislike the badge kissing brigade(most players that do it are usually fake. The people that should really do such, the Maldinis and Giggs actually don't). cool He does not need the show. It's not him. The fans will forever be grateful to him for his spirit, resilience and commitment. Tevez should watch it.  lipsrsealed
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 10:26am On Jan 12, 2009
TK
Whats with kissing the badge and going to the media to spew exactly the opposite.
Or after threatening and coming before the fans to do kiss badge

He should have understood the dynamics of being a Red Devil by now
How many people win UCL and EPL in their first season at a team
So he should just be patient or pray Rooney or Berba squeaks ( God forbid).

Going to Rm will do his career no good
He should as RVNand Gabby Heinze
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 11:06am On Jan 12, 2009
tbk,

I want CQ back as well. Scolari can go back to Portugal
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 3:20pm On Jan 12, 2009
Eastbay:

Hey y'all,
EVERYBODY was man of the match.

Vidic,Park,Giggs,Evra,even Ronaldo,Berbatov,Rooney.
Fletcher in the middle was a coup.He did well.

Even Carrick came in and did the damage.

Everybody did well. . . . . . .I cannot recall Van Der Sar making any big save.

What got me amped was those goals Howard Webb ruled out.
This is the 3rd time this season Ronaldo's goalz would be ruled out as either offside or whatever.
The first corner-kick was a genuine goal. . . . . .Wazza already played the corner, left it for Giggsy who swung a cross in for Ronaldo's header.
It was a classic training ground schitzo but it was so sad Howard Webb's IQ was depreciating exponentially.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 12, 2009
Men I tire,
The corner was a good goal.Sky sports reviewed it and saw NOTHING wrong with it.
They said it's possible  the linesman was waiting to be informed that the kick would be taken.Stupid linesman and Webb
Well,we still scored anyway from the re-take.Vida threw himself at that flick from Berba like it was the last thing he would do.Talk about commitment,
The second goal:Ronaldo was clearly onside.Even if he wasn't obviously onside (i.e. the decision was tight),the benefit of the doubt should be given to the attacking player.

And Benitez says we influence referees at OT.That guy is a sluggard.

Ronaldo shoulda scored last night.Simple as that.But he's gaining his form graduallt.The way he skinned Belletifor the free kick to the third goal was a sign that he's nearing his best.
Hear Fedinand would be out for 5 weeks.Is it true?If it is,we could be in some bother when we play Inter.Vida's suspended.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 3:52pm On Jan 12, 2009
That Rios injury is a curse if Vida isnt going to play against Inter. But trust UTD to spring surprises

as a matter of fact, CR7 scored 2 valid goals and the ref. disallowed them
the scoreline was 5-0!!!
nothing wrong with those goals. That ref should be slapped
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 3:55pm On Jan 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

Everybody did well. . . . . . .I cannot recall Van Der Sar making any big save.

What got me amped was those goals Howard Webb rules out.
This is the 3rd time this season Ronaldo's goalz would be ruled out as either offside or whatever.
The first corner-kick was a genuine goal. . . . . .Wazza already played the corner, left it for Giggsy who swung a cross in for Ronaldo's header.
It was a classic training ground schitzo[b] but it was so sad Howard Webb's IQ was depreciating exponentially.[/b]

Doesn't look like Rafa will agree with ya grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 3:58pm On Jan 12, 2009
Eastbay:

Men I tire,
The corner was a good goal.Sky sports reviewed it and saw NOTHING wrong with it.
They said it's possible  the linesman was waiting to be informed that the kick would be taken.Stupid linesman and Webb
Well,we still scored anyway from the re-take.Vida threw himself at that flick from Berba like it was the last thing he would do.Talk about commitment,

Andy Gray was livid. The ex-pro referee in the Premiership(Dermot Gallagher) was in the SKYSPORTS studio and he said it was a good goal and Man Utd should be applauded for inventing such training ground trickery in a big game like that.
I was so pissed the goal didn't count. . . . . I love it when we outfox opponents as big as Chelsea.

Did u see what Andy Gray showed the dude about taking freekicks??
In Argentina, referees now carry sprays in their pockets. When a freekick is awarded, the referee sprays where the ball should be placed, count 10 yards and spray where the wall should be.
In this way, the ball won't be moved and thew wall will stay without coming forward(like players always do).

The second goal:Ronaldo was clearly onside.Even if he wasn't obviously onside (i.e. the decision was tight),the benefit of the doubt should be given to the attacking player.

Ronaldo was cheated throughout the 90.
Tell me why Howard Webb carded Ronaldo even when it was obvious Carvalho was tugging his shirt n brought him down.
The most spastic thing about it was he gave Chelsea a freekick from that. . . . .
It was diabolical. Howard Webb should be relegated.

And Benitez says we influence referees at OT.That guy is a sluggard.

He would prolly say Chelsea allowed United to win. grin

Ronaldo shoulda scored last night.Simple as that.But he's gaining his form graduallt.The way he skinned Belletifor the free kick to the third goal was a sign that he's nearing his best.
Hear Fedinand would be out for 5 weeks.Is it true?If it is,we could be in some bother when we play Inter.Vida's suspended.

He was a thorn in their flesh. . . . . . .Ronaldo n JS Park made sure Chelsea's full backs were busy defending.
I love the way Evra and Ronaldo skinned Bosingwa with the 2nd goal.
When Ronaldo plays ahead of Evra, things happen. Michael Essien is still feeling the effect of Moscow.
Evra is god. The cross was placed with so much precision it caught Chelsea players dozing.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 12, 2009
I saw it my guy.

Unfortunately English refs won't get up to scratch with the quality of the league.
That's why Fergie seems to be complaining.But no matter their antics, (Hackett and the referees,plus dumb-ass Graham Poll) we'll always be on top.
Do you think Benitez's rant had anything to do with the performance?

Honestly,for onceI didn't fault anyone in a United shirt.I thought Berba was fantastic.
His link play and Body movement killed mr. Terry (supposedly the highest paid in England).
Gary started slowly but he was SOLID. Evans made me eat my words from the Derby game.Vida was,well,Vida.How Terry is the best defender in the Champions Laegue last season (according to UEFA) is beyond me.
Evra was.WOW.You would expect he would be rusty given the lay-off.
Fletcherabsolutely great.He seems to be up to it against Chelsea.
Giggs.Suprising energy from a 35-year old.Tracking back,running,
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 4:26pm On Jan 12, 2009
Seems Webb loves carding Ronaldo.

He was tugged in the 18 and the boy did not even retaliate, yet
he got a card.

The only reason we did not pour heat on Webb was because we
had a comfortable win.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 4:31pm On Jan 12, 2009
whatver happened to Bosingwa that knew how to deal with Ronaldo
Park and Evra nearly took his life.
what a shameless idiot he was on the field. He couldnt even pull a decent cross into our '18
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2009
Guys,another thing.
United fans are WICKED!!!
The way they mocked Terry throughout the game was harsh.

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:47pm On Jan 12, 2009
Chelsea fans mocked Ronaldo too.
A friend of mine who saw the game at OT said they mocked his ferrarri crash in the tunnel.
How classless can these Chavs get??

Me thinks Fergie's tactics worked cos Giggs and Neville were playing against their agemates(OAPs).
Fergie knew there were more 30 year olds in the Chelsea team who cannot run to save their own lives.
I saw Giggsy going head to head with Ballack and ma jaws dropped. grin cheesy

One plot, one strategy in one game that should never be tried again.
Fergie is a master tactician and playing Giggsy(a left footer who can dribble and drive forward) was a masterstroke.
Mikel and Ballack couldn't cope cos they expected to see Carrick n Scholes who stay in a position to ping passes.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 4:56pm On Jan 12, 2009
Ballack was the worst player on the field. I've never seen a
premiership player so pathetic on the field.

Oh! I forgot Terry, Obi, Drogba, Bosingwa etc grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:09pm On Jan 12, 2009
akinalabi:

Ballack was the worst player on the field. I've never seen a
premiership player so pathetic on the field.

Oh! I forgot Terry, Obi, Drogba, Bosingwa etc grin

To be honest, Chelsea weren't too bad.
The scoreline kinda flattered us(i am not saying we didn't deserve the victory) but Chelsea's gameplay is too predictable.
Narrow midfield to allow the full-backs to act as wingers is too old-fashioned.
By having Park(The Korean Machine) and Ronaldo. . . . .Chelsea's threats were nullified.

Anyways, yesterday's win woulda count for nuthing if we fail to beat Wigan at OT!!!
We just have to cop the maximum points.
The last time we conceded a league goal was Nasri's screamer at the Emirates.
I hope that run continues. . . . . .United are back and are now title favourites.

GO FERGIE GO FERGIE GO.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2009
Sauron,I think Chelsea were more of clueless.No width,no flexibility.
My opinion sha.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:24pm On Jan 12, 2009
Eastbay:

Sauron,I think Chelsea were more of clueless.No width,no flexibility.
My opinion sha.

Clueless?? But they have been using the same formation this season to crush opponents away from home.
Blimey, the last time Chelsea lost an AWAY league game before yesterday was in Dec 2007.
Chelsea did not lose a single league game AWAY in the whole 2008(remarkable record).

I just pity teams who bring records to OT. . . . . .Arsenal's 49 unbeaten in 2004. . .Chelsea's 40 unbeaten in 2005 and many more have been blown to pieces by Fergie.
Ferguson gambled and it paid off. . . . . .How he did it must be the 8th wonder of the world.
Jeeez, he told Giggsy 2 weeks ago that he would partner Darren Fletcher against Chelsea.
Does Fergie speak to God??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 5:52pm On Jan 12, 2009
CR7 is about to be crowned. hmm where is Dayo to come and tell us FIFA was biased

another record for UTD!! we are producing the first world footballr of the year in the EPL.
so so nice

i just hope we can follow up on Wednesday with a resounding victory over Wigan. We should be able to score 4 goals. I need that goal difference between us and Chelsea reduced!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 6:32pm On Jan 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

The last time we conceded a league goal was Nasri's screamer at the Emirates.

Are you serious? Never thought about that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (98)

Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 / Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! / Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.