Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Niger Bridge Is Shaking. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Niger Bridge Is Shaking. (53169 Views)

Bus Nearly Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge (Pictures) / Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge / Container Fell Down From Ojuelegba Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by JEITO: 1:15pm On Oct 25, 2014
Oboy abeg come dwn frm d vehicle enter head-bridge market make u buy me fresh fish. I wan chop pepper soup. grin

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Ilovenigeria(f): 1:19pm On Oct 25, 2014
tit:
IloveNigeria,
how is your perfumed apartment in Brooklyn?

By the way, all bridges shake if you stand on it.
When next you are in traffic in one of the overpasses in Brooklyn, (i no know how that una Brooklyn be.
Though say na abroad,
i hear say una no dey use motor,
say na bicycle and locomotif some of you dey use to work),
notice vibrations set off by other vehicles or the wind and cosmic phenomena.

Bridges are not designed for standing loads (i am an expert in this and every field)
The incompetent and impotent FRSC should have thought up a better drug-traffic plan.
Perfume apartment kwa?

Anyway I like the last point you made. I'm more concerned about the traffic and steady load the bridge is carrying now. if they knew or planned that there won't be any vehicular movement in Delta state because of the election, they would've closed down the bridge to avoid the standing loads.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Ilovenigeria(f): 1:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
JEITO:
Oboy abeg come dwn frm d vehicle enter head-bridge market make u buy me fresh fish. I wan chop pepper soup. grin
Na okada your sister dey wait for. I will suspend my journey to Lagos till tomorrow.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Ilovenigeria(f): 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
OgologoDimkpa:

Not at all!
But by una fruit, we shall know una.
...always rubbishing GEJ and his developmental work since 1999

APShit...Shange!
I know you have run out of things to say. You can now go back to your sleep.

17 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by OgologoDimkpa: 1:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

I know you have run out of things to say. You can now go back to your sleep.
See ya!
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by achi4u(m): 1:29pm On Oct 25, 2014
Toktee:
Monkey no fine but him mama like am,so you people should vote 4 jonah 2015 so that he will build the second niger bridge.
Sorry,na flesh air the blow.
Is it Buhari dat is going to build it?

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 25, 2014
OgologoDimkpa:
The 2nd Niger Bridge is currently in progress and will be completed in no distance time.

As for the Niger bridge shaking, not at all but rather it vibrates due to loads. You and i knows that the bridge is old
hence the need for a replacement. Kudos to GEJ for deeming it feat to commence the building of 2nd Niger bridge..

If your aim is to rubbish GEJ and his developmental project in the South East,
you have failed!
Look for another lies embarassed
Do you have pictures of the progresing 2NB? Please provide us with recent pictures of the ongoing construction.

28 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by chamboy(m): 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2014
OgologoDimkpa:
Stop lying, you're an APshit supporter.
Shikena!
you such a shitman mention how ur paymasters administration has benefited ur life, Ur cousin Obinna has been Jobless for four years

19 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by kingphilip(m): 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

If I no carry load I for trek my brother. I no get choice than to sitdon de look.
I will be glad if you fit com join me stay for here.
Are you happy now?
no worry bros e go surely beta
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Ilovenigeria(f): 2:13pm On Oct 25, 2014
chamboy:
you such a shitman mention how ur paymasters administration has benefited ur life, Ur cousin Obinna has been Jobless for four years
Abeg no go that side ooo Obinna na my cousin also grin

7 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by chamboy(m): 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Abeg no go that side ooo Obinna na my cousin also grin
make him answer na

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by melvin0004(m): 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2014
massive traffic at d niger bridge

see pix:

3 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
melvin0004:
massive traffic at d niger bridge

see pix:
lord have mercy!
Seems Niger Bridge is the only bridge that was not dualised. No expansion too.

Too bad!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by obailala(m): 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
I have been in traffic now for over 4 hours.its not even moving at all. I heard the road was blocked because of Asaba election. The bridge is shaking and it seems it's going to rain. I am scared ooo.

Where is our second Niger bridge?
Why don't you use the second niger bridge?... I thought they said uncle Jona has built second niger bridge? lipsrsealed

12 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Ilovenigeria(f): 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2014
obailala:

Why don't you use the second niger bridge?... I thought they said uncle Jona has built second niger bridge? lipsrsealed
Speechless.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Ilovenigeria(f): 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2014
OgologoDimkpa:

See ya!
Where is that OgologoDimkpa that is spewing rubbish, please come and see pictures.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by tabletman1: 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2014
OgologoDimkpa:
The 2nd Niger Bridge is currently in progress and will be completed in no distance time.

As for the Niger bridge shaking, not at all but rather it vibrates due to loads. You and i knows that the bridge is old
hence the need for a replacement. Kudos to GEJ for deeming it feat to commence the building of 2nd Niger bridge..

If your aim is to rubbish GEJ and his developmental project in the South East,
you have failed!
Look for another lies embarassed
Lol,

Which second niger bridge is under construction?

@ilovenigeria, hope say you don pass? gringrin

Don't fear or tremble next time you're on top the bridge cos it has been like that since pass 7-10 yrs. It won't collapse without showing some good sign like some parts of it falling off.

We have been jogging through that bridge every sunday prior to the construction of onitsha south/north mini stadium.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by anonimi: 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
tabletman1:
Lol,

If you do not know about something just ask nicely instead of displaying your IGNORANCE with misplaced swagger. angry
Here on NL its progress was reported with even pictures sef =>

https://www.nairaland.com/1820265/onitsha-2nd-niger-bridge-massive
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Ilovenigeria(f): 8:02pm On Oct 25, 2014
tabletman1:
Lol,

@ilovenigeria, hope say you don pass? gringrin

Don't fear or tremble next time you're on top the bridge cos it has been like that since pass 7-10 yrs. It won't collapse without showing some good sign like some parts of it falling off.

We have been jogging through that bridge every sunday prior to the construction of onitsha south/north mini stadium.
I trekked back, will continue my journey tomorrow.
Tabletman, vehicles passing or jogging through a bridge is different from sitting in a bus for hours without any movement. imagine when some impatient drivers turned the bridge to four lanes.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by anonimi: 8:04pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Tabletman, vehicles passing or jogging through a bridge is different from sitting in a bus for hours without any movement. imagine when some impatient drivers turned the bridge to four lanes.

I believe you mean LAWLESS drivers!
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Ilovenigeria(f): 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2014
anonimi:

I believe you mean LAWLESS drivers!
Exactly!! Some people can be so annoying. You need to see the way soldiers were flogging some drivers.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by tabletman1: 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Anyway, I don't know what the bridge is going to be like since you said cars aren't moving atall but traffic has always been a problem on that bridge since last two years they started constructing the onitsha-asaba road and the various pedestrian bridges across it.
anonimi:

If you do not know about something just ask nicely instead of displaying your IGNORANCE with misplaced swagger. angry
Here on NL its progress was reported with even pictures sef =>
https://www.nairaland.com/1820265/onitsha-2nd-niger-bridge-massive
Oga don't vex me with your I too know attitude.

The pictures in that thread was snapped by me and posted with my first moniker.

Search for my moniker Tabletman and go through my post to see the pictures.

If you political urchins vex me too much, I will have no choice than to travel down to onitsha again and snap the only useless short pillar that was constructed by JB before they left the site, with their three abandoned cranes that was still rusting away in that site. undecided undecided

24 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Exactly!! Some people can be so annoying. You need to see the way soldiers were flogging some drivers.
just heard on news that there was an LG election in Delta State hence the traffic girdlock at the bridge. Hope you are home now?

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by anonimi: 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
tabletman1:
Oga don't vex me with your I too know attitude.

Sorry for the mistaken identity.
Enjoy your weekend.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by PapiWata: 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
I have been in traffic now for over 4 hours.its not even moving at all. I heard the road was blocked because of Asaba election. The bridge is shaking and it seems it's going to rain. I am scared ooo.

Where is our second Niger bridge?

I realize that this is probably not the best time to ask this, but do you know how to swim in a strong current ?

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Ilovenigeria(f): 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2014
berem:
just heard on news that there was an LG election in Delta State hence the traffic girdlock at the bridge. Hope you are home now?
I turned back to continue mu journey tomorrow.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by tabletman1: 8:36pm On Oct 25, 2014
anonimi:

Sorry for the mistaken identity.
Enjoy your weekend.
ok Sir.

Wish you a happy weekend too.

8 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Ilovenigeria(f): 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2014
tabletman1:

If you political urchins vex me too much, I will have no choice than to travel down to onitsha again and snap the only useless short pillar that was constructed by JB before they left the site, with their three abandoned cranes that was still rusting away in that site. undecided undecided
Hahahaahahahahahahhaha

4 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Ilovenigeria(f): 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
PapiWata:

I realize that this is probably not the best time to ask this, but do you know how to swim in a strong current ?
Chisos!!! PapiWata!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

I turned back to continue mu journey tomorrow.
eyaaa sorry o! wish you safe journey tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by otukpo(f): 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2014
I have experienced that before.

It won't collapse.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by collynzo82: 8:51pm On Oct 25, 2014
tabletman1:
Anyway, I don't know what the bridge is going to be like since you said cars aren't moving atall but traffic has always been a problem on that bridge since last two years they started constructing the onitsha-asaba road and the various pedestrian bridges across it. Oga don't vex me with your I too know attitude.

Bros, you are wicked ooo. See how you give Anomini AKA Mr Crayon back hand slap. Lmaoooooo

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Driver,11 Passengers Dead As Young Shall Grow Bus Crashes Into A Truck(pics) / Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) / Xenophobia: Nigerians Board A Bus To South African Airport, Set To Return Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.