Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Niger Bridge Is Shaking. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Niger Bridge Is Shaking. (53120 Views)

Bus Nearly Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge (Pictures) / Exclusive Photos Of The 2nd Niger Bridge / Container Fell Down From Ojuelegba Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Everfrank(m): 8:04am On Oct 28, 2014
konjakonja:
I agree with you. But work is on going based on the reports we have read in the past few months. Remember, we can't behave like Mbe that has spent 9 days inside the toilet only for his people to come in the 10th day torescue him he started ranting that they should be fast about it that he can no longer bear the stench of shhit. My let's give FG sometime to complete the bridge since work has started already.nwayoo nwayoo ka ejoi aracha ofe di oku
Who saw the bridge? The op is posting from there and there is no work on any second bridge. They are deceiving igbos to vote for mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by konjakonja(m): 8:05am On Oct 28, 2014
Abagworo:

Lol! Nnamdi Azikiwe was a ceremonial President but the Prime Minister was Abubakar Tafawa Balewa. I only wrote that as a response to the tribalist who wanted to blame Northerners. Amaechi the other day listed what Northerners did in Rivers State and it cannot be disputed. My take is that y'all should stop creating North/South dichotomy and face the real issue.

I want Igbos to build that bridge without being ridiculed by Jonathan or whoever is in charge. I will personally donate 10million and I expect other Igbos to do alike according to their capability. We can raise the money in one month.
I didn't exempt Aguiyi Ironsi when I said past leaders. Like seriously,you really wants us to donate money for construction of that bridge? Sir, if you plan it very well I can assure you that even the poorest Igbo man will gladly donate money to such a fine course, but the question is... How do you plan to achieve it? Create a thread for it and carry us along if truly you cares oh.Imanu na ihea faceless forum onye obula nwekwara ike bia koo nke juru ya onu gbafuo
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Ilovenigeria(f): 8:06am On Oct 28, 2014
valmunich:
What's this Op saying? undecided

Is it not the same bridge I use almost erryday
I even used it this morning

There's working ongoing on the bridge, and so far, the bridge has improved unlike before.

So which bridge again do you say is shaking? sad
Valmunich I know you stay in Asaba and pass through this bridge almost everyday. But I created this on Saturday that the road was blocked because of the Asaba election. I was there for hours, I witnessed it and not a hearsay....my problem with the government and road safety is this; if they knew they will block the road, why didn't they sealed it off from the bridge than to allow people and vehicle to pass through the bridge until its impossible to turn back. Bridges is meant for vehicular movement, imagine a situation where it was four lane on top that small bridge. As for the work, yes I even saw the workers working abi painting that day.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by ademega(m): 8:09am On Oct 28, 2014
It wont break until it breaks ...
Stop blaming our president . He is doing it . Let us support him doing it .
In this country "truth" is not part of us . Let me also assume i don't ve truth in me too .
Mr president should continue till forever,if possible rule after life self . He has giving us at least 20 hour constant and stable electricity in all parts of the country (if only for this achievement self, he has done well, there is need for more shout of GEJ till 2019 by all and sundry), schools are doing fine , no strike ,the standard can compete not only in Africa but Europe and America , students are now trooping in from all over Africa to get standard education, the standard of living is too much oky , can't u see? people are not traveling out again . Go and see the arrival arena/terminal at the airport people are rushing down in millions to be partaker of the nations goodies and national cake. See our roads very smooth, most especially the roads in the east . See our security , u can move to anywhere anytime of the day without fear . Nite culture is now back to our country .unemployment is a thing of the past , we are thinking of how to start giving visa to Ghanaians and other African countries to come help us with our dirty and menial jobs in our factories. Water is everywhere , we are even missing pure water and bottle water. See how corruption has gone away in virtually in all sectors, see the faces of corrupt leaders in prison. Gone are the days we import our own exported crude oil. In fact ,u can see how much we get a liter compare to four years ago. See the diversification of our economy,no more dependency on our oil. Our hospitals are now receiving rich patients on like before when our leaders and big men get treatment and die in foreign hospitals. This man has done magic , he must be from another planet . Pls u can add to these numerous achievements of our president. MR PRESIDENT KEEP DOING IT! We want more of these . GEJ till 2019 .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by lyntiffany(f): 8:09am On Oct 28, 2014
konjakonja:
I agree with you. But work is on going based on the reports we have read in the past few months. Remember, we can't behave like Mbe that has spent 9 days inside the toilet only for his people to come in the 10th day torescue him he started ranting that they should be fast about it that he can no longer bear the stench of shhit. My let's give FG sometime to complete the bridge since work has started already.nwayoo nwayoo ka ejoi aracha ofe di oku
Gbam biko gwa ndi buha'rat, ò ha nah emebi obodo ka oburu onye ugwu ma ò bu onye ofe otunyere ha ònu.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by perfectcrush(m): 8:10am On Oct 28, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
I have been in traffic now for over 4 hours.its not even moving at all. I heard the road was blocked because of Asaba election. The bridge is shaking and it seems it's going to rain. I am scared ooo.

Where is our second Niger bridge?

Niger bridge is shakin!!! Coruption is loomin, politicians are thiefin, govt is sleepin, Nigerians are quiet, there4, nigeria is shakin
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Ilovenigeria(f): 8:12am On Oct 28, 2014
lyntiffany:
yea it is and work is ongoing there, ask yourself this question the people your craving to vote in have been there before why din't they act then knowing fully well that the road is a major route to SW ? and what makes you think they will act if they are voted in ? All I can say is that the president is working it might seem slow but he sure included all region.
Funny enough I am pro PDP. After what I witness that day eehh all I care about is our damn second niger bridge I swear.

5 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Abagworo(m): 8:12am On Oct 28, 2014
konjakonja:
I didn't exempt Aguiyi Ironsi when I said past leaders. Like seriously,you really wants us to donate money for construction of that bridge? Sir, if you plan it very well I can assure you that even the poorest Igbo man will gladly donate money to such a fine course, but the question is... How do you plan to achieve it? Create a thread for it and carry us along if truly you cares oh.Imanu na ihea faceless forum onye obula nwekwara ike bia koo nke juru ya onu gbafuo

It is not about creating thread. Igbo Governors should meet and agree on it. We the Igbo people will gladly do it. Before 1999, majority of our roads and development was done through self-help using town unions.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by signz: 8:13am On Oct 28, 2014
Few months ago there was a maintenance work on that bridge and we saw the pictures here courtesy of a nairalander who works for the construction company that did the maintenance work.

The bridge won't fall at least for now.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by stechi(m): 8:18am On Oct 28, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Exactly!! Some people can be so annoying. You need to see the way soldiers were flogging some drivers.
Please we need such soldiers in Lagos to also deal with these lawless public transport drivers and some "dignified senseless" private drivers here, who are the cause of most hellish traffic experiences in Lagos... angry angry angry angry
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by OgologoDimkpa: 8:18am On Oct 28, 2014
franugo:

i've seen a lot of krazi people, but ur own kolo na gidi gan!
angry
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Everfrank(m): 8:18am On Oct 28, 2014
Asoozy:
Are there no vehicle ferries at least?

I think that until that bridge collapses, the government will not take your lives seriously.

What are your senators doing? Your kinsmen virtually run this government yet you have to beg still for a bridge tgat should have been built over two decades ago?

If you guys don't get that bridge under Jonathan you might just not get it until poor innocent lives are lost. Clearly this is a disaster waiting to happen and you are just buying time.

Task your representatives now!!!
No let them continue abusing northern leaders who built the bridge in 1965. They killed the Tafawa Balewa whose government built the bridge and they are now being deceived with a second bridge to continue supporting mediocrity.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by lyntiffany(f): 8:19am On Oct 28, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Funny enough I am pro PDP. After what I witness that day eehh all I care about is our damn second niger bridge I swear.
As for me all I crave for is a good leader don't care about buhari or Jonathan although am a PDP loyalist but I need a good leader that have his people at heart cause we really need a change in this country.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by mrofficial(m): 8:20am On Oct 28, 2014
Shaking abi vibrating? It's normal for a bridge to vibrate. Especially when there are heavy trucks on it.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by siraj1402(m): 8:20am On Oct 28, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Isi adighi gi mma. Keep forcing a party down my throat.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by maclatunji: 8:22am On Oct 28, 2014
London Bridge is falling down
Niger bride is shaking
Third mainland bridge is what?
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 28, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
I have been in traffic now for over 4 hours.its not even moving at all. I heard the road was blocked because of Asaba election. The bridge is shaking and it seems it's going to rain. I am scared ooo.

Bridge is shaking.

Na kokoma shake abi na awilo?

A bridge does not shake and still remain standing. What you felt was the vibration caused by moving traffic, which is perfectly normal. If that bridge was truly shaking, you probably won't be posting this thread.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Nichobabe(m): 8:25am On Oct 28, 2014
NO SHAKING

2nd BRIDGE COMING SOON.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 28, 2014
lyntiffany:
Gbam biko gwa ndi buha'rat, ò ha nah emebi obodo ka oburu onye ugwu ma ò bu onye ofe otunyere ha ònu.

Meaning.........
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by QMark: 8:28am On Oct 28, 2014
Meet The $3m Ferrari Supercar - By Invitation Only
Now, this is not a car, it's a supercar.
https://www.nairaland.com/1970153/meet-3m-ferrari-supercar-invitation

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Ilovenigeria(f): 8:31am On Oct 28, 2014
princefunmi:

Bridge is shaking.

Na kokoma shake abi na awilo?

A bridge does not shake and still remain standing. What you felt was the vibration caused by moving traffic, which is perfectly normal. If that bridge was truly shaking, you probably won't be posting this thread.
There was no moving vehicles, the traffic was too bad that we stood at a spot for hours.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 28, 2014
Shaking? nawa o
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Ilovenigeria(f): 8:32am On Oct 28, 2014
maclatunji:
London Bridge is falling down
Niger bride is shaking
Third mainland bridge is what?
Third mainland bridge is getting longer...
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by lyntiffany(f): 8:36am On Oct 28, 2014
princefunmi:

Meaning.........
if you can't decode then it wasn't meant for you

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Bitojoe(m): 8:41am On Oct 28, 2014
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 28, 2014
Check this out

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by zimoni(f): 8:44am On Oct 28, 2014
Oskilala:

What joy do u derive in disrespecting ur leaders? Even if u are still in junior school, have u ever being a leader for any tin @all?

What's this one saying?

Ogbeni, I'm in 30s.

Jonathan has been the President for four years yet nothing concrete is going on. They've all been using the bridge to campaign every four years. Too bad.

Don't complain dude, enjoy the damned fresh air.

Kpele Ooooooo.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Youngzedd(m): 8:46am On Oct 28, 2014
Niger bridge is flying.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by anonimi: 8:46am On Oct 28, 2014
berem:
my dear,it is the same bridge o! The vehicular pressure on that bridge calls for concern. God will not let that bridge collapse.

You mean God will reduce the traffic on the bridge by coming down to tell us to use our heads and think out a solution to our man-made problem shocked
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 28, 2014
Nt b only Niger bridge dey shake, even d whole Nigeria dey shake..

1 Like

Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by hardbody: 8:57am On Oct 28, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Its not a vibration. The hydraulic joints are the things that move like shock absorbers. It even happens on third mainland bridge when there is heavy traffic. That is not to say that the need for another bridge is jot critical. Meanwhile i have since stopped using that road. I fly to owerri and then move on. The traffic on the stretch is if anything, gruelling.
Re: Niger Bridge Is Shaking. by InvertedHammer: 8:58am On Oct 28, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Why don't you ask the TANamites?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Muhammadu Buhari International Airport In Ebonyi Constructed By Governor Umahi / Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) / Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.