Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1460160 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 10:57pm On Jan 08, 2020
Simran94:

He has answered you na
Yeah. Seen
Thanks a lot
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 11:01pm On Jan 08, 2020
Guys please the guarantors form, the part 2, must it be filled? As I’m not sure I’m traveling anytime soon, can we leave at Nil or blank?

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by elijah101(m): 11:36pm On Jan 08, 2020
twitter is the way forward .. read the thread well .. you will find your solution
Aremoola:
I applied at immigration office at osogbo since November 13th, my passport has not ready up till now I. People help me, what could have caused the delay.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by elijah101(m): 11:37pm On Jan 08, 2020
fill it .. does not matter , your guarantor info is what matters
Tinaslim:
Guys please the guarantors form, the part 2, must it be filled? As I’m not sure I’m traveling anytime soon, can we leave at Nil or blank?

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 8:12am On Jan 09, 2020
elijah101:
twitter is the way forward .. read the thread well .. you will find your solution

Yes I was rescheduled for Friday for my interview on Twitter, against the stipulated 21st
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 8:12am On Jan 09, 2020
elijah101:
fill it .. does not matter , your guarantor info is what matters
I don’t even know what to fill. Traveling to where bikonu? Or should I just leave it blank
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by hyfr(m): 8:43am On Jan 09, 2020
Good day guys, what’s the prices for the new electronic passport ? Was checking it out online but couldn’t see any reasonable info
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by taitee(f): 9:18am On Jan 09, 2020
Can some one post the link for the passport thread on twitter? Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by imran90(m): 9:55am On Jan 09, 2020
A wonderful morning to everyone, please I need your advice I'm planning to go to the immigration office this week or next week insha'allah to apply for my passport. Please I need to know if it's advisable to go to their office or to apply online for it. My friend who work there always told me that they don't have booklets easy time that I call.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Excessearning: 11:03am On Jan 09, 2020
imran90:
A wonderful morning to everyone, please I need your advice I'm planning to go to the immigration office this week or next week insha'allah to apply for my passport. Please I need to know if it's advisable to go to their office or to apply online for it. My friend who work there always told me that they don't have booklets easy time that I call.

Same here pls, I want to apply for fresh passport and have called people that has link in Ibadan, Lagos, Akure and Ekiti but they are all saying there is no booklet on ground except if I want express collection whereby I will pay 40k for old 32pages or 90k for new 64pages passport. Pls do anybody has a link to anyone working in office where one can get it done in lesser price and collect it within a very short period of time.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by yungryce: 2:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
Xavi2019:
l
I have an odd question, what if I can't find a guarantor?
Because I'm really far away from home now.

I guess you will have to go the typical Nigerian way. They will happily provide for you at NIS at a cost
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dotman10(m): 8:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
emerged01:

Mehn,I should have opened this thread before going to the passport office at ikoyi. Actually somebody introduced me to NIS from my place of work. I was told to pay for 40k which I did. The officer collected the required documents and started jumping around like headless chicken. After the whole jumping around,I was given my file and asked to wait for capturing. While waiting to be captured I went through the file,all I could see were verifications,my signed court sworn form and unknown guarantor’s details and his driving license(photocopy) and the total expenses was 25k. After some minutes I was called by NIS to capture. After I was captured,I returned my file to NIS sitting at the exist of the capturing room,and he registered it. While he was registering it,he demands for a tip. I gave that one too 5h. I was told to come back this week but I will be going next week.

Naija my country!!!

So have you collected the passport bro. Just want to be sure the booklet scarcity does not affect you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by emerged01(m): 8:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
dotman10:

So have you collected the passport bro. Just want to be sure the booklet scarcity does not affect you.
There is nothing like booklet scarcity in Lagos,I collected it on Tuesday.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DadR: 11:30pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hi guys, I have someone who wants to renew her international passport and do name change too, and would like to go the DIY way.

Can this be done at Ikoyi NIS office?

Would she be required to get a guarantor too?

Aside from NIN, newspapers publication, sworn affidavit of name change, old int'l passport, two passport photographs, marriage certificate and biodata form, is there any other documents to be submitted?

Must the newspaper publication be original or photocopy will suffice?

Any idea of how long it takes?

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Shercorp(m): 1:45am On Jan 10, 2020
Corruption at the NIS is Unbelievable..!!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by solelymade: 8:17am On Jan 10, 2020
Tinaslim:

I don’t even know what to fill. Traveling to where bikonu? Or should I just leave it blank

Put your name, write any Country, be it Benin Republic, then you can put furthering her education for the purpose. You will be fine. Don't leave it blank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 10, 2020
Which one is government approved birth certificate again, nawa oo
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by utips: 10:23am On Jan 10, 2020
emerged01:

There is nothing like booklet scarcity in Lagos,I collected it on Tuesday.

Bro when u went for collection, how long did you wait before you got the passport
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by emerged01(m): 10:55am On Jan 10, 2020
utips:

Bro when u went for collection, how long did you wait before you got the passport
I did it on 23rd of the December,2019, collected it on 7th of January,2020.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by utips: 11:23am On Jan 10, 2020
emerged01:

I did it on 23rd of the December,2019, collected it on 7th of January,2020.

Boss I mean the day you got it, what time did you get there and what time did you leave.
Because I want to collect mine and I don't want to waste time there.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by emerged01(m): 11:29am On Jan 10, 2020
utips:

Boss I mean the day you got it, what time did you get there and what time did you leave.
Because I want to collect mine and I don't want to waste time there.
I got there after 8am and collected it before 10am. Though I met with one of the NIS and gave him my name and my enrollment number to help me check if it is ready. After like 10mins,he came outside and said it is ready that my name will be called soon for activation.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by utips: 11:31am On Jan 10, 2020
emerged01:

I got there after 8am and collected it before 10am. Though I met with one of the NIS and gave him my name and my enrollment number to help me check if it is ready. After like 10mins,he came outside and said it is ready that my name will be called soon for activation.

Alright bro, thanks so much...i really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Aloy4: 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2020
Pls have anyone applied at Awka office?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kingskim(m): 8:47pm On Jan 11, 2020
Aloy4:
Pls have anyone applied at Awka office?

Yeah, I did mine on Wednesday. Went for capturing on Thursday
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 7:39am On Jan 13, 2020
Shercorp:
Corruption at the NIS is Unbelievable..!!

It is really, I went for my Interview/capturing on Friday... and I was attended well my the servicom lady, maybe because twitter directed me straight to the PROs office.
On getting to the PRO’s office she summoned for the lady at the servicom who then attended to me.
But you see those people at the long room. MAD O!!!
No one wanted to attend to me, they were all jumping around carrying one white file or the other, I almost cried, when I was going to raise my voice, one of the officer over the counter (a lady) started shouting too, “you better calm down, sheybi you decided to do it on your own, ehen, better calm down, because you haven’t even seen anything, yen yen yen”
Kai ... I almost cried.
Then in the capturing room, they kept on jumping the line and slotting people in, it was so annoying. They even had VIPs.
Like Naija which way now
I started to regret doing things the right way TBH, NIS should have an account here on Nairaland, so they can read people’s encounter. I felt really bad that day!
Doing things the right way sucks here in Nigeria and NIS officers completely promotes corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by solelymade: 11:21am On Jan 13, 2020
Tinaslim:

It is really, I went for my Interview/capturing on Friday... and I was attended well my the servicom lady, maybe because twitter directed me straight to the PROs office.
On getting to the PRO’s office she summoned for the lady at the servicom who then attended to me.
No one wanted to attend to me, they were all jumping around carrying one white file or the other, I almost cried, when I was going to raise my voice, one of the officer over the counter (a lady) started shouting too, “you better calm down, sheybi you decided to do it on your own, ehen, better calm down, because you haven’t even seen anything, yen yen yen”
Kai ... I almost cried.
Then in the capturing room, they kept on jumping the line and slotting people in, it was so annoying. They even had VIPs.
Like Naija which way now
I started to regret doing things the right way TBH, NIS should have an account here on Nairaland, so they can read people’s encounter. I felt really bad that day!
Doing things the right way sucks here in Nigeria and NIS officers completely promotes corruption.

Sorry about the not too cool experience, the lady described must be one of the two chubby ladies towards the last point in the long room heading for the capture room. The day I did mine, their displeasure was obviously shown on their faces.

Take consolation in the fact that it is done regardless and you haven't supported the decay in the system. Should more people take that bold step to DIY the system will eventually adjust itself to accommodate the changes and reform. I'm so sure you also met two or more officials of the NIS that also helped to direct you kindly aside the admirable Servicom lady.

Encourage more people to DIY still it might be rough and slow but it a burden we must bear to reset a lot of our government parastatals, agencies and ministries and encourage the reforms happening there.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by taitee(f): 12:45pm On Jan 13, 2020
DadR:
Hi guys, I have someone who wants to renew her international passport and do name change too, and would like to go the DIY way.

Aside from NIN, newspapers publication, sworn affidavit of name change, old int'l passport, two passport photographs, marriage certificate and biodata form, is there any other documents to be submitted?

Thanks

She needs 3 passports
She will need to fill application letter and type an application form for change of name. Then get a file. The business centers around there should be able to help with that. She can check online if its there. She also needs photocopy of her husbands passport.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by taitee(f): 12:46pm On Jan 13, 2020
DadR:

Thanks

No need for guarantor

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by taitee(f): 12:51pm On Jan 13, 2020
Tinaslim:

Kai ... I almost cried.
Like Naija which way now

Dont feel bad dear. U saved a good sum plus we must not allow ourselves be duped all the time. Dont mind those people. I'm applying for change of name. Submitted today at alausa. When i asked the man for how long it will take he got upset and started shouting. Kept referring to the fact that i did mine online etc.
I wasn't even intimidated. I just looked at his name tag and memorised the name. God is on my side so they can't try nonsense. Anybody who has done change of name shoul pls reach out so ill know how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DadR: 4:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
Thanks for the feedback.

Just to clarify, she will fill the application form online and also type another letter addressed to the NIS requesting for name change right?

taitee:

She needs 3 passports
She will need to fill application letter and type an application form for change of name. Then get a file. The business centers around there should be able to help with that. She can check online if its there. She also needs photocopy of her husbands passport.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (833) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.