Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1438030 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by maddman: 12:23pm On Jan 24, 2020
Nairaboi:

Maddman, oya here are some difference.
Old one: 32 and 64 pages. Data page on the first page, limited to 5 years and doesn't need BVN or NIN

New one: 32 and 64 pages of 5 years, and 64 pages for 10 years. Requires NIN and information should tally with BVN details, and also has a plastic data page on the 2nd page.

Thanks a lot brother. If you were to recommend one between the two, which one would it be, better still, is there any limitation whatsoever on the old one?

Thanks again.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 24, 2020
will it be a problem while trying to renew passport if the surname on nin is abbreviated and expired passport has the full name.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nairaboi(m): 5:20pm On Jan 24, 2020
honey001:

Please what of the difference in term of passport number, I see some new passort number start with letter B...... Is it peculiar to new one alone?
Yes, its peculiar to only the new one. The old one use to start with A0.. . while the new one starts with B. . .
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nairaboi(m): 5:28pm On Jan 24, 2020
maddman:

Thanks a lot brother. If you were to recommend one between the two, which one would it be, better still, is there any limitation whatsoever on the old one?

Thanks again.
It all depends on your financial sagacity. While there is basically no limitation to the old one at all. Now, this new one was meant to curb falsified information. The date of birth on your data page must tally with your bank and NIN information. My man, if you want to use fake information on this new passport, your go hear ham.
Secondly, of you are buoyant to pau the ten years fee, you don't need to stress yourself visiting the Immigration office again for the next Ten years.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nairaboi(m): 5:31pm On Jan 24, 2020
Nenyezz:
will it be a problem while trying to renew passport if the surname on nin is abbreviated and expired passport has the full name.
Yes, go and correct it on NIN before coming back for renewal.
Clearly spell our the problem in details let me give you more details
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by honey001(m): 9:15pm On Jan 24, 2020
Nairaboi:

Yes, its peculiar to only the new one. The old one use to start with A0.. . while the new one starts with B. . .

Ooh, okay. Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by clintonsparkz(m): 2:02am On Jan 25, 2020
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by clintonsparkz(m): 2:08am On Jan 25, 2020
Shercorp:
paid 18000 online(Old passport though)
500 for high court stamp.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 7:46am On Jan 25, 2020
clintonsparkz:
Why are the cost different, some are paying 25k while some 18k, I did my registration and about 17,300 poped up
Which of their offices? Might be that the office you selected doesn’t have the New passport booklet.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by clintonsparkz(m): 8:12am On Jan 25, 2020
Tinaslim:

Which of their offices? Might be that the office you selected doesn’t have the New passport booklet.
OK now I understand, should I just pay or look for another office, na the sane thing na
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 25, 2020
[quote author=Nairaboi post=86076150]
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 9:05am On Jan 25, 2020
clintonsparkz:
OK now I understand, should I just pay or look for another office, na the sane thing na
What office is that ?
You can just go ahead with payment . Same thing
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nairaboi(m): 9:14am On Jan 25, 2020
Nenyezz:
Okay let assume the surname on old passport is kenechukwu(fullname) but on nin and bvn it is kenechi(abbreviated)but it will be hard changing the name on the passport for a man right so the person want to go along with kenechukwu. will this be a problem.what is the way forward
Gbas Gbos, double wahala. Now here we go. The person has to go to NIMC office and pay the sum of #15,500 officially fee after generating a remita for correction of name along with court affidavit to that effect.
Same with with your bank for the BVN and finally go to the NIS office with complete documents that carry the name KENECHUKWU and proceed for your passport processing.
Alternatively, retain the Kenechi as reflected on your BVN/NIN by proceeding for a change of data on your E-passport.
All in all you got to be patient and you will spend both ways
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 25, 2020
[quote author=Nairaboi post=86090229]
Gbas Gbos, double wahala. Now here we go. The person has to go to NIMC office and pay the sum of #15,500 officially fee after generating a remita for correction of name along with court affidavit to that effect.
Same with with your bank for the BVN and finally go to the NIS office with complete documents that carry the name KENECHUKWU and proceed for your passport processing.
Alternatively, retain the Kenechi as reflected on your BVN/NIN by proceeding for a change of data on your E-passport.
All in all you got to be patient and you will spend both ways [/quote okay thanks i was thinking one and same person affidavit would suffice since the person goes by both names.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by clintonsparkz(m): 9:33am On Jan 25, 2020
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nairaboi(m): 9:38am On Jan 25, 2020
[quote author=Nenyezz post=86090346][/quote]
Yes na. One affidavit of change of name from a court.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by carpdiemz: 9:03am On Jan 26, 2020
Chrisdada16:
Akure passport office sucks ...since last year after paying 35k...and I need it urgently what can I do I have complained Taya on Twitter no response

I paid 41k at ikeja passport office, did biometric November 28 last year till now they keep saying no old booklet so tired of dis country
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 10:40am On Jan 26, 2020
carpdiemz:

I paid 41k at ikeja passport office, did biometric November 28 last year till now they keep saying no old booklet so tired of dis country
When they say register online yourself, y’all won’t listen.
Please guys let’s learn to do these things ourselves and stop gullibly allowing these officers to extort us. Stop being Lazy!!!
I applied online and got my passport in less than 2 weeks.
Was it stressful? Yes.
But was it worth it? Yesssss!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 10:45am On Jan 26, 2020
Chrisdada16:
Akure passport office sucks ...since last year after paying 35k...and I need it urgently what can I do I have complained Taya on Twitter no response
And you going on twitter to make complaints, learn to construct your complaints/English well, curb abusive words. The admins are humans too. I’m just saying. A well constructed complaints would most likely get a response.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Miraj22(f): 6:50pm On Jan 26, 2020
Please who knows which passport booklet that is available now in Enugu.
And secondly if they are to do guarantors duty for you, how much will they collect. I need info on this please
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 7:40am On Jan 27, 2020
Miraj22:
Please who knows which passport booklet that is available now in Enugu.
And secondly if they are to do guarantors duty for you, how much will they collect. I need info on this please
While waiting for anyone who has an idea about the booklets available, I can only advise you start your online application, it’s made easier, because while selecting the type of booklet, if the old booklet is available, the option would be made available too, but if not, you only get the option of selecting the new booklet.
And the guarantors form, you can download it online and have anyone fill it for you, as long as they have a passport and/or national ID card. And then stamp it at the high court for 500naira.
Most offices have high courts situated in the compound.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 27, 2020
Tinaslim:

While waiting for anyone who has an idea about the booklets available, I can only advise you start your online application, it’s made easier, because while selecting the type of booklet, if the old booklet is available, the option would be made available too, but if not, you only get the option of selecting the new booklet.
And the guarantors form, you can download it online and have anyone fill it for you, as long as they have a passport and/or national ID card. And then stamp it at the high court for 500naira.
Most offices have high courts situated in the compound.
Hi, I just called the CC and gave them my enrollment number. I was told that my passport is ready for collection and that I should come and collect it.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.