Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1443771 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by taitee(f): 5:17pm On Jan 13, 2020
DadR:
Thanks for the feedback.

Just to clarify, she will fill the application form online and also type another letter addressed to the NIS requesting for name change right?

Yes. I think its to comptroller or someone. I didnt memorize the details of the letter sorry.
but she will add her old passport number and apply for change of name based on marital grounds.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DadR: 9:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
Many thanks

taitee:

Yes. I think its to comptroller or someone. I didnt memorize the details of the letter sorry.
but she will add her old passport number and apply for change of name based on marital grounds.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by clintonsparkz(m): 9:46pm On Jan 13, 2020
Hello guys, I am littles confused about the guarantor part, must he have an international passport? What else must he have.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 12:30am On Jan 14, 2020
clintonsparkz:
Hello guys, I am littles confused about the guarantor part, must he have an international passport? What else must he have.
I just went with a photocopy of my guarantors intl passport data page, that’s all. And of course his passport photograph
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 12:35am On Jan 14, 2020
solelymade:

Sorry about the not too cool experience, the lady described must be one of the two chubby ladies towards the last point in the long room heading for the capture room. The day I did mine, their displeasure was obviously shown on their faces.

Take consolation in the fact that it is done regardless and you haven't supported the decay in the system. Should more people take that bold step to DIY the system will eventually adjust itself to accommodate the changes and reform. I'm so sure you also met two or more officials of the NIS that also helped to direct you kindly aside the admirable Servicom lady.

Encourage more people to DIY still it might be rough and slow but it a burden we must bear to reset a lot of our government parastatals, agencies and ministries and encourage the reforms happening there.

Thanks for the very soothing words!
Would do. smiley

Yes one of the chubby ladies close to the end of the long room.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 12:37am On Jan 14, 2020
taitee:

Dont feel bad dear. U saved a good sum plus we must not allow ourselves be duped all the time. Dont mind those people. I'm applying for change of name. Submitted today at alausa. When i asked the man for how long it will take he got upset and started shouting. Kept referring to the fact that i did mine online etc.
I wasn't even intimidated. I just looked at his name tag and memorised the name. God is on my side so they can't try nonsense. Anybody who has done change of name shoul pls reach out so ill know how it goes.
It is well.
Did mine in Ikoyi
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by clintonsparkz(m): 12:42am On Jan 14, 2020
Tinaslim:

I just went with a photocopy of my guarantors intl passport data page, that’s all. And of course his passport photograph
OK and concerning the guarantor's form, I have to fill it, sign and stamp at the high court right??
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 12:45am On Jan 14, 2020
clintonsparkz:
OK and concerning the guarantor's form, I have to fill it, sign and stamp at the high court right??
Your guarantor would fill and sign Yes.

You stamp at the high court. I stamped at the high court in Ikoyi’s office for 500naira.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by NairalandAngel(m): 12:50am On Jan 14, 2020
Shercorp:
Corruption at the NIS is Unbelievable..!!

Corruption in Nigeria is unbelievable!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by imran90(m): 3:56am On Jan 14, 2020
NairalandAngel:

Corruption in Nigeria is unbelievable!
I spent all day at their office yesterday just to do biometric. Only God knows when I'm going to get my passport, I was told to pay extra 10k yesterday for fast processing but I don't have kobo to add. Corruption is everywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by clintonsparkz(m): 7:13am On Jan 14, 2020
Tinaslim:

You stamp at the high court. I stamped at the high court in Ikoyi’s office for 500naira.
Thank you much
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by clintonsparkz(m): 7:57am On Jan 14, 2020
Tinaslim:

Pls one last thing, concerning the local government certificate can I use an local government affidavit I swore in 2015? Thanks much

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nanomat: 8:08am On Jan 14, 2020
Imagine someone I wanted to use as a guarantor telling me she's scared of releasing her data page that they may use it to cash out her money from the bank
My question is..can I use my wife? She doesn't have driver's license, only voter's card and passport. Can that work?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 14, 2020
Nanomat:
Imagine someone I wanted to use as a guarantor telling me she's scared of releasing her data page that they may use it to cash out her money from the bank
My question is..can I use my wife? She doesn't have driver's license, only voter's card and passport. Can that work?

grin cheesy cheesy, lol she must be scared...
Driver's license or National ID card ( any of these two with international passport). No voter's card
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ojoduoludare(m): 11:44am On Jan 14, 2020
the guarrantor i use only have voter"s card and its acceptable
Nanomat:
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
ojoduoludare:
the guarrantor i use only have voter"s card and its acceptable
it depends on the location and the people who attend to you. At ikoyi, they sent a lady back because she brought her guarantor's voter's card and International passport
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
clintonsparkz:
Pls one last thing, concerning the local government certificate can I use an local government affidavit I swore in 2015? Thanks much

This was what I used, my dad got this for us in 2003 and even the passport there was of me then as an infant, so I don’t think the date it was issued matters. Rather just a proof that you’re a Nigerian.
Don’t know if an affidavit would suffice.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 12:59pm On Jan 14, 2020
Simran94:

it depends on the location and the people who attend to you. At ikoyi, they sent a lady back because she brought her guarantor's voter's card and International passport
I went with just my guarantors Intl passport. Nothing more. And it was accepted in Ikoyi
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 1:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
imran90:
I spent all day at their office yesterday just to do biometric. Only God knows when I'm going to get my passport, I was told to pay extra 10k yesterday for fast processing but I don't have kobo to add. Corruption is everywhere in Nigeria.
Did you apply online or you had them do it for you at the office?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 14, 2020
Tinaslim:

I went with just my guarantors Intl passport. Nothing more. And it was accepted in Ikoyi
Those people are just not consistent in their requirement
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by clintonsparkz(m): 2:44pm On Jan 14, 2020
Tinaslim:

This was what I used, my dad got this for us in 2003 and even the passport there was of me then as an infant, so I don’t think the date it was issued matters. Rather just a proof that you’re a Nigerian.
Don’t know if an affidavit would suffice.
Thanks, I really don't know where to get this certificate.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Macbenjamin(m): 3:03pm On Jan 14, 2020
Hello Everyone, pls what is the procedure for renewing my international passport. My old one has expired.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by imran90(m): 4:32pm On Jan 14, 2020
Tinaslim:

Did you apply online or you had them do it for you at the office?
I went to their office at Osogbo.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 4:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
imran90:
I went to their office at Osogbo.
You don’t have kobo? Don’t pay them kobo then, just wait until after ten working days, then you can go for collection, I did mine on Friday, also waiting on mine. If after 10 working days you still don’t get it, you can make a complaints via twitter, if you know the name of the officer that demanded for 10k, you can report him/her.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2020
Macbenjamin:
Hello Everyone, pls what is the procedure for renewing my international passport. My old one has expired.

You can read previous post from people that have renewed theirs on this thread.
Also I think you can get infos on their website.
http://portal.immigration.gov.ng

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nanomat: 4:53pm On Jan 14, 2020
The thumb print part of the guarantor form, is it necessary? Thinking of using someone far away from me, I will just ask him to send the photocopy of his passport. Can that work out?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 5:06pm On Jan 14, 2020
Nanomat:
The thumb print part of the guarantor form, is it necessary? Thinking of using someone far away from me, I will just ask him to send the photocopy of his passport. Can that work out?
Yes it can, but his signature would still be required on the form, and No the thumbprint part isn’t necessary.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 5:10pm On Jan 14, 2020
clintonsparkz:
Thanks, I really don't know where to get this certificate.

You can google your States Laison Office in Lagos State", and it will give you the address. You can get it processed from there. Go along with two passport sized photograph, I have no idea how much it cost.

My states liason office is in VI, my brother got his from there, as he couldn’t find the one my dad did for him, cost him 5k.

Btw, I attached a check list from the NIS website to this post, you can go through it.
States a certificate or national ID CARD, but those people at the immigration office might request for both.

1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by clintonsparkz(m): 5:44pm On Jan 14, 2020
Tinaslim:

You can google your States Laison Office in Lagos State", and it will give you the address. You can get it processed from there. Go along with two passport sized photograph, I have no idea how much it cost.

My states liason office is in VI, my brother got his from there, as he couldn’t find the one my dad did for him, cost him 5k.

Btw, I attached a check list from the NIS website to this post, you can go through it.
States a certificate or national ID CARD, but those people at the immigration office might request for both.
Thank you very much, I have a national identity number slip, I guess that can go, thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by taitee(f): 8:05pm On Jan 14, 2020
Tinaslim:

You don’t have kobo? Don’t pay them kobo then, just wait until after ten working days, then you can go for collection, I did mine on Friday, also waiting on mine. If after 10 working days you still don’t get it, you can make a complaints via twitter, if you know the name of the officer that demanded for 10k, you can report him/her.

Pls can u share the twitter link or handle? Searched for it but couldnt find it

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 1:08am On Jan 15, 2020
taitee:

Pls can u share the twitter link or handle? Searched for it but couldnt find it
@nigimmigration
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by imran90(m): 4:10am On Jan 15, 2020
Tinaslim:

Thanks...I don't have any other options than to wait till 10 working days as you said.

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.