Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1439568 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Shercorp(m): 10:59am On Jan 15, 2020
Twitter is very efficient.. they reply people's complaints.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dyydxx: 3:12pm On Jan 15, 2020
My Int passport has expired since 2016, I just want to renew now and I want the 10 year own. Where should I go? and How much would I spend?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Aremoola(m): 10:20pm On Jan 18, 2020
Tinaslim:

You don’t have kobo? Don’t pay them kobo then, just wait until after ten working days, then you can go for collection, I did mine on Friday, also waiting on mine. If after 10 working days you still don’t get it, you can make a complaints via twitter, if you know the name of the officer that demanded for 10k, you can report him/her.
Please how do I go about Twitter complaint? I have done mine for over two months now in Osogbo and still not ready.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Chrisdada16(f): 11:31pm On Jan 18, 2020
Akure passport office sucks ...since last year after paying 35k...and I need it urgently what can I do I have complained Taya on Twitter no response
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by otis3(m): 9:38am On Jan 19, 2020
answers to most questions can be find here regarding requirements and necessary steps https://www.nairaland.com/1969461/cost-nigeria-international-passport/98

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by taitee(f): 12:46am On Jan 20, 2020
Goodday
Has anyone done change of name on passport before?
I submitted 13th january and my application status online shows approved. Yet i didnt get a message to come for capturing. Pls do i just go for capturing? What do i need to go with?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by FuckHomophobes: 9:49am On Jan 20, 2020
taitee:
Goodday
Has anyone done change of name on passport before?
I submitted 13th january and my application status online shows approved. Yet i didnt get a message to come for capturing. Pls do i just go for capturing? What do i need to go with?

Hi please I've got a similar issue too . Please how did you go about the change of name? I'd appreciate if you can explain in details to me. Thank you so very much in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tresbel: 10:59am On Jan 20, 2020
Having gained from the thread, I guess I should share my experience for others to benefit.
Mine was a renewal; my passport will expire in April 2020. I wanted the 10 year validity passport; this is only available in 64 pages and is N70,000. I filled the form online, chose Ikoyi office and paid in Zenith bank. I tried to pay with my card but it took long for the OTP to arrive on several occasions; hence I decided to go to the bank. I paid N70,500.

Required documents
Old passport booklet (They will sight and return to you)
2 passport photos on white background
Copy of NIN slip
Letter of application for renewal (handwritten)
Copies of old passport data page
Printed online form
Acknowledgement slip
Payment slip
2 forms you'd be given at the servicom desk.

For renewal, you DO NOT need:
-guarantor
-state of origin confirmation
-birth certificate
-court affidavit

After the filling the forms, I checked and rechecked all information for correctness before proceeding to pay. Once you request to pay, you'll see a lot of payment channels, I chose Sanaa pay and got a print out which I took to the bank and paid.
I returned and checked my profile and noticed a capturing date had been assigned: 31st Dec. 2019.
Dday, I arrived the Ikoyi office at about 9am with all my documents and proceeded to the servicom office. I was given two new forms to photocopy and fill. Photocopies cost N50 per page; N100 for 3 pages.
Returned and filled out the forms; the officer brought out a file jacket and enclosed all the documents, itemized the stages and sent me off to the next desk at servicom. Here, the file was reviewed again, the officer signed did some registration in a book and sent me off to the long room. One of the officers at servicom took the files (there were two others guys DIYing like me; just three of us  at the time and our files were different from the ones being assisted by NIS officials), she handed it to the guys at the long room (verification I guess) and ensured they attended to the files and even proceeded with them to the capture room for enrolment. She enrolled us whilst we joined the queue for biometrics. The queue moved quickly and I was done in no time. They printed a form with an enrolment I.D and other details; collection date printed on the form was 3rd January 2020. I returned to servicom with my file and the form, the officer at servicom took the file and advised me to check in two weeks because they didn't have booklets for the 10 year at the time. Can't remember precisely but I think I left the NIS office at about 10.30am.

I returned to passport office on Friday, 17th January, went with the enrolment form I was given on the day of capturing. I went to the servicom desk first, the lady took my form and typed something in the computer and told me it was ready. She ticked on the form and told me go to the collection room for pick up. I got there and it was crowded. I was told to drop the form in a basket and wait for the officers to pick up and go retrieve the passport. 15 minutes from when I dropped my slip an officer came out and packed all the slips in the basket. From then, I waited for 1 hour 30 mins; the officers came out severally but I still didn't hear my name. I got uncomfortable and as I stood up to go complain, I saw the lady that had attended to me and confirmed my passport was ready; she was walking towards the collection room, I ran after her and told her I was still waiting, she told me to rewrite my name on a piece of paper and give her. She went into the office with it and reemerged with my passport. I joined the queue for activation; this took another 30 minute wait. The entire collection process took 2 hours as I arrived at 11.50am and left at about 1.50pm.
Overall, I think it's a worthwhile experience except for how long collection took; my passport expires in 2030 grin, so mission accomplished...everyone should DIY!!!
I hope this helps someone.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by taitee(f): 3:24pm On Jan 20, 2020
FuckHomophobes:

Hi please I've got a similar issue too . Please how did you go about the change of name? I'd appreciate if you can explain in details to me. Thank you so very much in anticipation.

Im Still it. I applied on the website and submitted on 13th.
I submitted copies of my newspaper piblication, affidavit, marriage certificate, nin, application form,form, then about 2 or 3 other forms i got there. U also need data page of ur husband 's passport. Write a letter for application of change of name to the comptroller general citing ur reason and old passport number. Then passport photos. Also data page of ur old passport. Make 2 copies of everything.
Im waiting to be called for capturing because they said they have to send it to abuja. Also looking for someone that has done so i can know how long it takes
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Arizona5(m): 4:35pm On Jan 20, 2020
I did mine for 23k at damaturu immigration office and also collect it that same day. I went with all my documents so no issue.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by FuckHomophobes: 5:12pm On Jan 20, 2020
taitee:

Im Still it. I applied on the website and submitted on 13th.
I submitted copies of my newspaper piblication, affidavit, marriage certificate, nin, application form,form, then about 2 or 3 other forms i got there. U also need data page of ur husband 's passport. Write a letter for application of change of name to the comptroller general citing ur reason and old passport number. Then passport photos. Also data page of ur old passport. Make 2 copies of everything.
Im waiting to be called for capturing because they said they have to send it to abuja. Also looking for someone that has done so i can know how long it takes

Oh thank you so very much for taking your time to explain. Have a wonderful day
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Aremoola(m): 9:18pm On Jan 21, 2020
Please house, what can you say about medical fitness test at the national hospital Abuja and the cost?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 8:39am On Jan 22, 2020
I picked up my passport yesterday.
Applied online on the 8th, my interview was dated for 21st, but I complained on twitter and I was told to go on the 10th( picked the date myself),
I was directed to the PRO on twitter, who got the servicom lady to attend to me. The lady at the servicom was helpful. I had issues at the long room, as no one was willing to attend to me or help me approve my documents, because I was doing it myself, until a young officer who saw my almost teary eyes came to my rescue (if you ever find yourself in this situation, just go straight to the pro and complain), after the approval, I went in for capturing, sat for over 3 hours, as they kept slotting “their people in” ( I should have gone to complain as well).
I didnt get a date for pick up, just a tiny shit of paper, with my enrollment Number and name written on it , I asked the lady at the servicom, she said to call the customer service line after one week, sigh ( I should have just gone back to the pro’s office).
I kept checking online, status read “vetted”, so I decided to ask the admin on twitter. He said to go pick up yesterday, that it was ready for collection. Turns out the passport was ready since 18th
Oh well, I got to the immigration office and headed straight to the collection center, dropped my enrollment number like I was instructed, this was at 11am. As at 3pm I was still sitted and waiting for my name, when I wasn’t having it anymore, I went in to complain, I was asked to pay 1000.. one officer said for “pick up”. The other said “to sort it”,
Bunch of confused folks....
I stepped out and sent a complaint on twitter, I was almost going to create a thread, when the admin replied with “Go to the PRO’s office and collect your passport please” Heck!!!!!!
Anyway, I got in there and it was already past 4, she could see how tired I was, asked why I didn’t come in since and I explained to her, didn’t know my passport wasn’t at the collection center but with her.
She said they were closed and shutting down , but promised to see what she’d do.
6pm another officer came in, called my name and I followed her to the “activation room”.
Took about a minute and I was out.

Total amount spent was 28k (New passport)
Passport
DOB affidavit
Stamping of guarantors form
Print outs

This thread was very helpful. Thank you all for the assistance on here. Gracias.

Their twitter handle @nigimmigration
My twitter handle @Tina__Ezeh cheesy

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Shercorp(m): 9:46am On Jan 22, 2020
Got my passport yesterday. Paid online and Captured at the ABEOKUTA command on the 9th Dec 2019. Twitter really helped .. Glory to God though. We can beat corruption in our country!!!
Don't be intimidated by the NIS officers.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Shercorp(m): 9:48am On Jan 22, 2020
paid 18000 online(Old passport though) 500 for high court stamp.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ifesinachi22(m): 9:54am On Jan 22, 2020
Arizona5:
I did mine for 23k at damaturu immigration office and also collect it that same day. I went with all my documents so no issue.

Good morning dear.

Am in Geidam and i want to do mine in Damaturu too.

I lost my Voters card which is my only Nationally recognised means of identification.

What means of identification did you go with?

What are the basics am supposed to go with?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 22, 2020
Tinaslim:
I picked up my passport yesterday.
Applied online on the 8th, my interview was dated for 21st, but I complained on twitter and I was told to go on the 10th( picked the date myself),
I was directed to the PRO on twitter, who got the servicom lady to attend to me. The lady at the servicom was helpful. I had issues at the long room, as no one was willing to attend to me or help me approve my documents, because I was doing it myself, until a young officer who saw my almost teary eyes came to my rescue (if you ever find yourself in this situation, just go straight to the pro and complain), after the approval, I went in for capturing, sat for over 3 hours, as they kept slotting “their people in” ( I should have gone to complain as well).
I didnt get a date for pick up, just a tiny shit of paper, with my enrollment Number and name written on it , I asked the lady at the servicom, she said to call the customer service line after one week, sigh ( I should have just gone back to the pro’s office).
I kept checking online, status read “vetted”, so I decided to ask the admin on twitter. He said to go pick up yesterday, that it was ready for collection. Turns out the passport was ready since 18th
Oh well, I got to the immigration office and headed straight to the collection center, dropped my enrollment number like I was instructed, this was at 11am. As at 3pm I was still sitted and waiting for my name, when I wasn’t having it anymore, I went in to complain, I was asked to pay 1000.. one officer said for “pick up”. The other said “to sort it”,
Bunch of confused folks....
I stepped out and sent a complaint on twitter, I was almost going to create a thread, when the admin replied with “Go to the PRO’s office and collect your passport please” Heck!!!!!!
Anyway, I got in there and it was already past 4, she could see how tired I was, asked why I didn’t come in since and I explained to her, didn’t know my passport wasn’t at the collection center but with her.
She said they were closed and shutting down , but promised to see what she’d do.
6pm another officer came in, called my name and I followed her to the “activation room”.
Took about a minute and I was out.

Total amount spent was 28k (New passport)
Passport
DOB affidavit
Stamping of guarantors form
Print outs

This thread was very helpful. Thank you all for the assistance on here. Gracias.

Their twitter handle @nigimmigration
My twitter handle @Tina__Ezeh cheesy
I did mine the following Friday after you did yours. I will start calling from Monday next week
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 10:21am On Jan 22, 2020
Simran94:

I did mine the following Friday after you did yours. I will start calling from Monday next week
Good.
It should be issued on the 24th. But you can’t pick up the same day, so maybe a day after.
But it’s better to call and confirm first.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 22, 2020
Tinaslim:

Good.
It should be issued on the 24th. But you can’t pick up the same day, so maybe a day after.

Yeah sure, thanks

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by olalekan9320(m): 5:46pm On Jan 22, 2020
I was suppose to do capturing today but I was told that payment hasn't dropped, I paid by myself last week and I printed receipt, is there anyone who has encountered same issue?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by charliesyndrom: 5:52pm On Jan 22, 2020
What type of birth cert or declaration of age is needed for first time enrollment? and what is the guarantor's form like? where do I get the form from?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by maddman: 7:14pm On Jan 22, 2020
Please can a kind person tell the difference between the old and new passport and which is advisable to go for? Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nanomat: 7:58pm On Jan 22, 2020
Tinaslim:

Good.

Can you send or pm the number to call? I did mine at Ikoyi on Jan 20 and I want to be sure it's ready before traveling down to Lagos. I plan to go by Wed, Jan 29, next week
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 7:59am On Jan 23, 2020
Nanomat:

Can you send or pm the number to call? I did mine at Ikoyi on Jan 20 and I want to be sure it's ready before traveling down to Lagos. I plan to go by Wed, Jan 29, next week

1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 8:00am On Jan 23, 2020
charliesyndrom:
What type of birth cert or declaration of age is needed for first time enrollment? and what is the guarantor's form like? where do I get the form from?

Guarantors form is available on their website. Affidavit or any government dob certificate would suffice.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2020
Hello guys...I want to apply for international passport online.

Is it after I complete the registration I will proceed to my chosen center for biometric/collection?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tinaslim(f): 1:30pm On Jan 23, 2020
INSTANTCASH345:
Hello guys...I want to apply for international passport online.

Is it after I complete the registration I will proceed to my chosen center for biometric/collection?
Yes.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 23, 2020
Tinaslim:

Yes.

Ok,thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nairaboi(m): 4:47pm On Jan 23, 2020
maddman:
Please can a kind person tell the difference between the old and new passport and which is advisable to go for? Thanks.
Maddman, oya here are some difference.
Old one: 32 and 64 pages. Data page on the first page, limited to 5 years and doesn't need BVN or NIN

New one: 32 and 64 pages of 5 years, and 64 pages for 10 years. Requires NIN and information should tally with BVN details, and also has a plastic data page on the 2nd page.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by suco01(m): 5:17pm On Jan 23, 2020
tresbel:
Having gained from the thread, I guess I should share my experience for others to benefit.
Mine was a renewal; my passport will expire in April 2020. I wanted the 10 year validity passport; this is only available in 64 pages and is N70,000. I filled the form online, chose Ikoyi office and paid in Zenith bank. I tried to pay with my card but it took long for the OTP to arrive on several occasions; hence I decided to go to the bank. I paid N70,500.

Required documents
Copy of NIN slip
Printed online form
Acknowledgement slip
Payment slip

-guarantor
-birth certificate
-court affidavit

After the filling the forms, I checked and rechecked all information for correctness before proceeding to pay. Once you request to pay, you'll see a lot of payment channels, I chose Sanaa pay and got a print out which I took to the bank and paid.
I returned and checked my profile and noticed a capturing date had been assigned: 31st Dec. 2019.
Dday, I arrived the Ikoyi office at about 9am with all my documents and proceeded to the servicom office. I was given two new forms to photocopy and fill. Photocopies cost N50 per page; N100 for 3 pages.
Returned and filled out the forms; the officer brought out a file jacket and enclosed all the documents, itemized the stages and sent me off to the next desk at servicom. Here, the file was reviewed again, the officer signed did some registration in a book and sent me off to the long room. One of the officers at servicom took the files (there were two others guys DIYing like me; just three of us  at the time and our files were different from the ones being assisted by NIS officials), she handed it to the guys at the long room (verification I guess) and ensured they attended to the files and even proceeded with them to the capture room for enrolment. She enrolled us whilst we joined the queue for biometrics. The queue moved quickly and I was done in no time. They printed a form with an enrolment I.D and other details; collection date printed on the form was 3rd January 2020. I returned to servicom with my file and the form, the officer at servicom took the file and advised me to check in two weeks because they didn't have booklets for the 10 year at the time. Can't remember precisely but I think I left the NIS office at about 10.30am.

I returned to passport office on Friday, 17th January, went with the enrolment form I was given on the day of capturing. I went to the servicom desk first, the lady took my form and typed something in the computer and told me it was ready. She ticked on the form and told me go to the collection room for pick up. I got there and it was crowded. I was told to drop the form in a basket and wait for the officers to pick up and go retrieve the passport. 15 minutes from when I dropped my slip an officer came out and packed all the slips in the basket. From then, I waited for 1 hour 30 mins; the officers came out severally but I still didn't hear my name. I got uncomfortable and as I stood up to go complain, I saw the lady that had attended to me and confirmed my passport was ready; she was walking towards the collection room, I ran after her and told her I was still waiting, she told me to rewrite my name on a piece of paper and give her. She went into the office with it and reemerged with my passport. I joined the queue for activation; this took another 30 minute wait. The entire collection process took 2 hours as I arrived at 11.50am and left at about 1.50pm.
Overall, I think it's a worthwhile experience except for how long collection took; my passport expires in 2030 grin, so mission accomplished...everyone should DIY!!!

Thanks for this
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by suco01(m): 5:26pm On Jan 23, 2020
tresbel:

Required documents
Copy of NIN slip
Printed online form
Acknowledgement slip
Payment slip

-guarantor
-birth certificate
-court affidavit

Sir. do you mean if I want to renew my passport I don't need to submit these:

-guarantor
-birth certificate
-court affidavit

Also for the letter Application Letter should it be directed to?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by honey001(m): 9:44am On Jan 24, 2020
Nairaboi:

Maddman, oya here are some difference.
Old one: 32 and 64 pages. Data page on the first page, limited to 5 years and doesn't need BVN or NIN

New one: 32 and 64 pages of 5 years, and 64 pages for 10 years. Requires NIN and information should tally with BVN details, and also has a plastic data page on the 2nd page.

Please what of the difference in term of passport number, I see some new passort number start with letter B...... Is it peculiar to new one alone?

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: Kaxmytex(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.